Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 07-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #161
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

What Happens To Liquids Surrendered At Airport Security

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewbender/2012/07/11/what-happens-to-liquids-surrendered-at-airport-security/

It isn't too dangerous to sit in a barrel at the secure area but it must be disposed of as if it is. And at what expense?

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:49 AM   #162
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

Grandmother: 'Humiliated' by TSA on Way to Mayo Clinic

http://kstp.com/news/stories/S2695022.shtml?cat=1

Why would anyone think it is okay to touch someone's feeding tube?

Old 07-20-2012, 05:50 PM   #163
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

TSA TROUBLE: Disabled Man Points Finger At TSA

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=40261&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Old 07-23-2012, 08:10 PM   #164
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Will TSA soon be looking through all your papers, cell phones and computers?

TSA: Search your iPhone? Yes we can!

http://tsaoutofourpants.wordpress.com/2012/07/23/tsa-we-can-read-any-document-paper-or-digital-we-find-in-your-bags/

Old 07-25-2012, 08:04 PM   #165
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

TSA Expands Invasion To CA Train Stations & Bus Terminals

http://www.prisonplanet.com/tsa-expands-invasion-to-ca-train-stations-bus-terminals.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitt er

The TSA is looking for terrorists in train and bus stations?? I don't think so!

Old 07-25-2012, 08:05 PM   #166
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

TSA officer charged with terrorizing, domestic violence

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/368488/group/News/

Old 07-25-2012, 08:07 PM   #167
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Cato Institute’s anti-TSA petition goes viral

http://redalertpolitics.com/2012/07/12/cato-institutes-anti-tsa-petition-goes-viral/

"According to the petition, the TSA was ordered by a federal court in July 2011 to perform a “notice-and-comment rulemaking” on their use of new “Advanced Imaging Technology” as part of airport security screening.

Essentially, TSA was supposed to publish all the details pertaining to the practice of this advanced imaging screening process and take into account reaction from the public before putting the new technology into use.

Now, one year later, Cato reports that the TSA has yet to even begin the process."

Old 08-01-2012, 07:45 AM   #168
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Flight Diverted Over Unclaimed Camera

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/07/flight-diverted-over-unclaimed-camera/

http://www.examiner.com/article/bomb-scare-on-board-united-airlines-flight-956-triggers-two-emergencies

Really? Over a forgotten camera? When did we go from thinking of ourselves as the strongest, bravest nation to being so scared of our shadows?

Old 08-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #169
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Cross posting my confession:

I confess my heart is heavy for the people of Milwaukee.

I confess my heart was, and is, heavy for the people of Colorado.

I confess my heart is heavy for a friend battling breast cancer.

I confess my heart is heavy for those families that have lost someone due to another person driving under the influence.

I confess so much loss from mental illness, cancer and DUIs, and yet our government spends billions on fighting terrorism at our airports, train stations, and bus stations.

I confess some facts to chew on:
Deaths from terrorism since 9/11 (10 years) - 3033
Deaths from breast cancer in 2011 - 39,520 (est)
Deaths from DUIs in 2010 - 32,885
Deaths from homicide in 2011 - 16,799

I confess that is 89,204 deaths in one year compared to 3,033 over 10 years.

I confess this doesn't include death by other cancers, working in unsafe conditions, starvation, lack of medical treatment for treatable illnesses, etc.

I confess 2012 TSA budget: $7.85 Billion

I confess no death should be taken lightly and it is not my intent to say we shouldn't always remember the tragedy of 9/11.

I confess what we, the goverment, are spending our tax dollars on doesn't work for me.

I confess putting away my soapbox now.

The Following User Says Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2012, 07:37 AM   #170
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Ex-TSA workers indicted in airport drug-smuggling

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/ex-tsa-workers-indicted-1493185.html

They weren't 'ex' workers at the time of the drug smuggling......

Old 08-08-2012, 10:16 PM   #171
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Are there data on the percentage of these incidents? I'm wondering if a lot of this crap is occurring at specific airports more often than at others. Is this about management of specific TSA locations?

I just went through airport security and was treated very well and very respectfully. I was not touched in any inappropriate way. This was at airports in Medford OR and Midland TX. (yeah yeah podunk airports going to podunk towns) It could have been much worse as my last name was spelled incorrectly on my boarding pass and I walk with a cane..........an obvious typo using 's' instead of 'a'.
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:00 AM   #172
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
Are there data on the percentage of these incidents? I'm wondering if a lot of this crap is occurring at specific airports more often than at others. Is this about management of specific TSA locations?

I just went through airport security and was treated very well and very respectfully. I was not touched in any inappropriate way. This was at airports in Medford OR and Midland TX. (yeah yeah podunk airports going to podunk towns) It could have been much worse as my last name was spelled incorrectly on my boarding pass and I walk with a cane..........an obvious typo using 's' instead of 'a'.
Are you asking for a percentage of incidents to the number of people that go through security on a daily basis? No, there is no data for that because not everyone reports what happens out of fear of retaliation, embarrassment, denial (sounds a bit like a rape victim....hmmmmm).

The percentage of TSA employees charged with a crime to the number of TSA employees appears to be around 1% of 65,000 in 2011. One percent doesn't seem like much until you look at the heinousness of the crimes committed by the same people that look at our personal belongings, touch our bodies, and determine if we have the right to fly today.

No, the incidents are not specific to any airports, although many of the flyers I know agree that certain airports are worse than others for the flyers due, in part, to TSA power trips.

It is great that you did not experience any inappropriate touching and that you were treated respectfully, however, please remember how many times someone is arrested for molestation, murder, drugs, etc., only to have neighbors and family say he is such a nice person, I can't believe he acted that way.

Millions of flyers may go through TSA checkpoints with no problem, or at least not enough of a problem to complain about, but does that make the one time your mother, sister, spouse, child... was treated inappropriately, tolerable?

What would be an acceptable percentage of inappropriate behavior?

Thank you for your question, Toughy. Please let me know if I did not provide the information you were looking for.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:13 PM   #173
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

TSA officers allege racial profiling at Logan

http://bostonglobe.com/metro/2012/08/11/tsa-officers-allege-racial-profiling-logan/oj8AHKCddiUpnTmWgf0mxK/story.html

Old 08-12-2012, 10:11 AM   #174
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Begin hearings on the use of full body scanners by the TSA, per the finding in EPIC v. DHS, No. 10-1157

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/begin-hearings-use-full-body-scanners-tsa-finding-epic-v-dhs-no-10-1157/7YpJKlKl

If you already signed this, please consider signing again. Somehow the petition was taken down on the site and we are starting at zero.

Old 08-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #175
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Andrea............

I am solutions oriented and that was the reason for my question. If you go back and read my posts in this thread (and others) you will find I am not a fan of how we conduct airport security in the US.

Thanks for the info.............by the way do you have a link for your data>
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #176
DamonK

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,881 Posts
DamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST Reputation

Flew recently from PDX to Detroit. No problems either way. Only thing was I forgot to take off my tags before going through scanner, so TSA asked me about it and asked if it was ok if they patted me down. Very upper top, near collar bone and up, down sides and down sides of legs.

No big deal. Respectful and nice
DamonK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DamonK For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2012, 09:20 PM   #177
alexri

How Do You Identify?:
-

Thanked 2,799 Times in 468 Posts
alexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputation

Not an attempt to hijack/steal this thread... a serious question and I thought this was the best place to post...

But has anyone had any issues with strapons/feeldoes in their luggage? I'm thinking putting my gear in my checked bag, and I'm definitely not packing while flying because I just don't want to deal with it.

I've always opted for pat-downs. I refuse go to through the xray machines because I fly so much. I can average 8-10 flights a month during my busy race season. The TSA people always tell me it's no worse than the equivalent of getting an xray at the dentist. Then I ask them if they would get 10-20 xrays a month.

Sometimes the TSA staff is rude when I opt out because they're already busy and have to call someone over to do it.
alexri is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to alexri For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #178
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexri View Post
Not an attempt to hijack/steal this thread... a serious question and I thought this was the best place to post...

But has anyone had any issues with strapons/feeldoes in their luggage? I'm thinking putting my gear in my checked bag, and I'm definitely not packing while flying because I just don't want to deal with it.

I've always opted for pat-downs. I refuse go to through the xray machines because I fly so much. I can average 8-10 flights a month during my busy race season. The TSA people always tell me it's no worse than the equivalent of getting an xray at the dentist. Then I ask them if they would get 10-20 xrays a month.

Sometimes the TSA staff is rude when I opt out because they're already busy and have to call someone over to do it.
What do you mean by "issues"?

I doubt TSA would confiscate... er... request that you voluntarily surrender them if found in your carry on but they might pull them out and expose your personal belongings to others. If you put them in your checked bag, the worse that would happen is they could be taken by the baggage inspectors.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:48 PM   #179
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
Andrea............

I am solutions oriented and that was the reason for my question. If you go back and read my posts in this thread (and others) you will find I am not a fan of how we conduct airport security in the US.

Thanks for the info.............by the way do you have a link for your data>
I remember your posts in this thread. I hope I didn't say something to make you think I found your question offensive or ..... something. I am happy to answer any questions.

I get my links from reading CNN.com and other news sources, as well as TSA forums at flyertalk.com and travelunderground.org.

Or are you asking for a specific link for specific data?

Old 08-13-2012, 05:14 AM   #180
alexri

How Do You Identify?:
-

Thanked 2,799 Times in 468 Posts
alexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
What do you mean by "issues"?

I doubt TSA would confiscate... er... request that you voluntarily surrender them if found in your carry on but they might pull them out and expose your personal belongings to others. If you put them in your checked bag, the worse that would happen is they could be taken by the baggage inspectors.
I guess my concern about issues would be confiscation/removal of any objects, (excuse my bluntness but it's necessary) such as one's strap on, feeldoe, handcuffs, etc. anything packed in a checked-bag. I know to take the batteries out of anything (I do in storage anyway) to prevent something from vibrating if accidentally switched on, thus causing a suspicious bag issue. From the research/checking I've done, the best thing I can think of is to pack items in plastic ziplock bags and put in check in luggage.

Quite frankly I don't trust the TSA. There have been issues in my home airport with TSA agents being caught taking thousands of dollars of jewelry, electronics, etc. out of people's bags. And with the maturity of some of the officers I've seen here, I'm really debating whether or not to bring anything. Just wondering if anyone's had their personal items disappear from checked bags.
alexri is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to alexri For This Useful Post: