Old 05-08-2011, 05:36 PM   #1
Merlin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Knight in shining armour.
Relationship Status:
Spoken for

Merlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST Reputation
Default All things English/American

I thought I would start this thread in the hope this English butchie can learn a bit about your culture and you can mine ..

For example ::

It has always interested me, can you be gay in every state or can you still be arrested and gay clubs raided ?
Old 05-08-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,574 Times in 889 Posts
Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation

Is it English slang to call a butch "butchie"?
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2011, 06:03 PM   #3
Merlin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Spoken for

Merlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
Yeah it's what a lot of my femme friends say,it's used in a softer way than butch it is for closer friends I guess it's a pet name for Butch
Old 05-08-2011, 06:12 PM   #4
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
I thought I would start this thread in the hope this English butchie can learn a bit about your culture and you can mine ..

It has always interested me, can you be gay in every state or can you still be arrested and gay clubs raided ?

One can be gay in every state, its just that there are some states more "tolerant" and gay-friendly than others. Actually...even in tolerant states, there can be areas where it can be dangerous to be openly gay. Sigh...sad but true.

I've not heard of gay clubs being raided and arrests being made solely for being gay. I suppose they still are...but I think its done more under another pretense now.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:14 PM   #5
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Merlin, please feel free to check out the information in this link...

http://atlantaeagleraid.com/
Old 05-09-2011, 12:58 AM   #6
Merlin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Spoken for

News of the above had hit the shores here.

I was wondering as I would like to visit the states and obviously health,safety and well being is paramount.

Ok my next question corn dog is it meat ?
Old 05-09-2011, 01:11 AM   #7
wcstone

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
hella me
Relationship Status:
thinking

wcstone Has the BEST Reputationwcstone Has the BEST Reputationwcstone Has the BEST Reputationwcstone Has the BEST Reputationwcstone Has the BEST Reputationwcstone Has the BEST Reputationwcstone Has the BEST Reputationwcstone Has the BEST Reputationwcstone Has the BEST Reputationwcstone Has the BEST Reputationwcstone Has the BEST Reputation

No. Kinda a good question there. About the same as us asking if Spotted Dick is really meat. A corndog, typically purchased at an event such as a fair, is a regular ole hotdog with a sweet corn breading dip and deepfry. Eaten with mustard or mayo or both. Okay now don't tell me Google spotted Dick..wth is it ?
wcstone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wcstone For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2011, 01:16 AM   #8
Merlin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Spoken for

Lmao I haven't had spotted dick since a child (that sounds wrong lol)

It's sponge pudding with Currants in, can be eaten with custard,cream or ice cream ..

It's the kind of food your granny makes,you don't tend to hear of it much these days unless you go to ye olde English pubs lol.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:39 AM   #9
Daktari

More specifically spotted dick is a rolled suet pudding with, as Merlin, says, dried fruits and most often served with custard.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2011, 04:00 AM   #10
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 3,879 Times in 1,485 Posts
StillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Is there a pride parade or celebration in England?
Old 05-09-2011, 04:21 AM   #11
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillettoDoll View Post
Is there a pride parade or celebration in England?
Loads yes. Most larger towns have their own Pride. Large cities like Manchester, Birmingham, London host the 'main' Pride celebrations.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2011, 04:23 AM   #12
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 3,879 Times in 1,485 Posts
StillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
Loads yes. Most larger towns have their own Pride. Large cities like Manchester, Birmingham, London host the 'main' Pride celebrations.
Ok when are they?
Old 05-09-2011, 04:38 AM   #13
Merlin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Spoken for

Most major cities do,but even our local small town has one.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:18 AM   #14
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Welcome to the site Merlin. You can also buy corn dogs that are vegetarian at a very popular chain grocery store here in some of the states, Trader Joes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2011, 09:16 AM   #15
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
A lot of people here in the US say Butchie too.

Quote:

Things are usually better in cities than out of them, but from time to time a gay bar gets raided. It seems more directed at gay men though. I live in Nashville and have never had a problem.

Quote:
News of the above had hit the shores here.

I was wondering as I would like to visit the states and obviously health,safety and well being is paramount.

Well, sort of....if sausage is meat lol.

I actually did order spotted dick from room service in London....tasted OK lol.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:55 AM   #16
Legendryder

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Legendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST Reputation

I love a good corn dog. Yummy. As far as the Eagle raid in Atlanta, the APD found out that things like that are stupid and expensive. I do not think we will be seeing anymore jonny law dumbass moves there anymore.
Legendryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:35 AM   #17
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneyDoll View Post
Merlin, please feel free to check out the information in this link...

http://atlantaeagleraid.com/
As far as I know any gay bar with Eagle in it's name is actually a gay men's (sometimes women are welcome) leather bar. You can get your ass thrown in jail for having consensual BDSM activities. The Top/Dom/Syr/Sir can be arrested for assault, assault with a deadly weapon (knife play), domestic violence, without the bottom/sub/slave pressing charges.

I am wondering if the raid at the Atlanta Eagle (in 2009) was more about BDSM than about gay. The combination could be irresistable to a prosecutor or the police.

We need changes in federal and state laws to protect those of us who are kinky/leather folks from harrassement and jail time. At IMsL (International Ms Leather) this year, petitions were passed around for signatures to actually put something in a CA proprosed crime bill to ensure consensual behavior was exempted from the law.
Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #18
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
As far as I know any gay bar with Eagle in it's name is actually a gay men's (sometimes women are welcome) leather bar. You can get your ass thrown in jail for having consensual BDSM activities. The Top/Dom/Syr/Sir can be arrested for assault, assault with a deadly weapon (knife play), domestic violence, without the bottom/sub/slave pressing charges.

I am wondering if the raid at the Atlanta Eagle (in 2009) was more about BDSM than about gay. The combination could be irresistable to a prosecutor or the police.

We need changes in federal and state laws to protect those of us who are kinky/leather folks from harrassement and jail time. At IMsL (International Ms Leather) this year, petitions were passed around for signatures to actually put something in a CA proprosed crime bill to ensure consensual behavior was exempted from the law.

Wow...sorry for the derail, but I never realized that this was an issue. I'm stunned that these activities (when consensual, of course) can still get someone in serious legal trouble. Just sitting here like this
Old 05-09-2011, 11:55 AM   #19
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillettoDoll View Post
Ok when are they?
Mostly in the summertime, like here.

London's is the last weekend of June (usually the same weekend as NYC & SF pride), Brighton's is in August.

They usually have a big parade, followed by a rally, followed by a festival with live music etc.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:49 PM   #20
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Would love to attend Pride in the UK!