femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,717 Times in 5,082 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation
Default The Interloper

This has been touched on a bit but I thought I'd start a thread on it. Have you ever been the interloper or had an interloper in your midst? What was your experience? Have you ever wanted to be the interloper? Thinking funny or serious, just whatever comes to mind. Any or all of these questions.

Here's what comes to mind for me.

Me as interloper:

What came to mind for me was one day I was walking around the city and something was going on, lots of people gathered around. What was going on? I wandered deeper into the midst of whatever was happening. All of a sudden someone yelled out, "Rolling stone!" Then a few others joined in, "Rolling stone! Rolling stone!" I was looking in all directions, intrigued by all this, by the urgency in the tone, the mystery of it all. Then someone right near me looked right at me and said it, "Rolling stone!" I asked, "What's a rolling stone?" still curious by the whole scene and excited. With total frustration the person said, "YOU are the rolling stone! That's what we call a person who wanders into a movie set in the middle of filming! MOVE!" I looked around. OMG, how did I not notice the lights, the cameras, the fact that I'd moved from the outer crowd to the center and that there was a movie being filmed and people looking at me and yelling at ME! Oy, how humiliating. Walking stiffly and quickly, I rolled right off the set with my head tucked into my neck.

Other as interloper (besides the obvious):

Gosh, I keep only being able to think of situations where I was the designated interloper. There seems to be a million of them throughout my life, some funny, some very upsetting. This is a bad example but I've been thinking for ten minutes and it's all that comes to mind: I was on the beach in the evening on Fire Island having a picnic with some people and a large deer casually wandered right onto the picnic blanket with us! I remember huge antlers. First there was a stillness, like shock--wow, we are so close to this animal and in awe but also fearful. Wasn't this deer supposed to be scared of US? Then there was a quick, quiet moving away in all directions by all of us people. The deer got the picnic to itself for a few minutes until it loped off alone, wafting its antlers, just moving along. Now I know to the deer we people were the interlopers but at that moment we outnumbered the lone deer.

Wanting to be the interloper:

This is another category where I can think of many times I've felt this way. At the gym while I am on a piece of cardio equipment (like a treadmill) I have to face the giant basketball court where the men gather each afternoon and play such intense, great games. I look so longingly but if I joined them I would not only be an interloper but a joke (Oh, and please don't rep me and tell me to join a local team.). Thinking of the song "Boy" by Book of Love (from the 80's): "I want to be where the boys are / but I'm not allowed."

Wonder if anyone else has any interloper tales?

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2014, 09:18 PM   #2
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,309 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

OMG you're a riot!!

I'll try to notice interlopings and will report any I see!