Quintease

How Do You Identify?:
Rainbow femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,816 Times in 417 Posts
Quintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST Reputation
Default It's a comic called the 'Pregnant Butch'

http://act-i-vate.com/133-1-1.comic

I sorta stumbled across it tonight.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:12 AM   #2
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

Some really interesting ideas to think about after reading the comic ... still thinking.
Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2012, 01:13 AM   #3
genghisfawn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme/Gentlewoman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Happily married 05/17/14

Thanked 2,157 Times in 403 Posts
genghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputation

Brilliant!

A friend of mine has been a pregnant butch bi-dyke three times. This latest was this past summer... with a sick partner, a toddler and a 13-year-old, she felt no crises of identity. She just lay on my floor, cried and ate a lot of weenies and beenies out of my crock pot (and all of my Gaviscon.)

As this was her third pregnancy, and her first happened at age 20, she knows exactly who she is. I empathise with Teek (the comic's protagonist) because of the obvious heteronormative expectations surrounding pregnancy which so few people have come to recognise and try to change.

I can't wait for more chapters. Thank you!

*hits Favourites*
genghisfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to genghisfawn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2012, 05:26 AM   #4
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

It is certainly interesting, that is for sure. I also think that this might well help people to think a bit about things.
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #5
Rox

How Do You Identify?:
Butch rocker
Relationship Status:
Committed to Kimmy

Rox Has the BEST ReputationRox Has the BEST ReputationRox Has the BEST ReputationRox Has the BEST ReputationRox Has the BEST ReputationRox Has the BEST ReputationRox Has the BEST ReputationRox Has the BEST ReputationRox Has the BEST ReputationRox Has the BEST ReputationRox Has the BEST Reputation
Default ummmmm!

Why? Maybe I'm just to butch to imagine, or even think of being pregnant. Kind of disturbing and takes away my masculinity viewing this comic. Should I start drinking now?
Old 03-06-2012, 08:46 PM   #6
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Really? Cause Butches get pregnant all the time.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2012, 08:53 PM   #7
genghisfawn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme/Gentlewoman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Happily married 05/17/14

Thanked 2,157 Times in 403 Posts
genghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputation

Parenting is amazing, no matter how you come about it. I hope that I'm woman enough that, if my butch wanted to have a baby, I'd be proud and loving about it.

Last edited by genghisfawn; 03-06-2012 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Typing on iPod = booboos
genghisfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to genghisfawn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #8
Rox

How Do You Identify?:
Butch rocker
Relationship Status:
Committed to Kimmy

Rox Has the BEST ReputationRox Has the BEST ReputationRox Has the BEST ReputationRox Has the BEST ReputationRox Has the BEST ReputationRox Has the BEST ReputationRox Has the BEST ReputationRox Has the BEST ReputationRox Has the BEST ReputationRox Has the BEST ReputationRox Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
Really? Cause Butches get pregnant all the time.
I'm 43 years old and never heard of butches wanting to have children maybe because I never wanted kids or bare them~ but cheers to all the expected mothers and congrats
Old 03-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #9
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rox View Post
I'm 43 years old and never heard of butches wanting to have children maybe because I never wanted kids or bare them~ but cheers to all the expected mothers and congrats
I'm 53 and there are a bunch of butch mothers here, you should look around.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:43 PM   #10
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Haha, that's great. Also, at first I thought it was just my craziness that I thought Teek looked a heck of a lot like Tin-Tin in some pics...but I see it was intentional Adds an unexpected bit of humour to it, lol. Can't wait for the next one.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2012, 10:00 PM   #11
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rox View Post
You should get out more............

The butches I know who gave birth certainly don't feel their masculinity has been taken away or changed at all.

And if your masculinity is threatened by reading a comic book........well never mind..............('too butch to imagine' my ass..... I can give you lessons if you like)
I will not assimilate

Last edited by Toughy; 03-20-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2012, 10:14 PM   #12
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

omg...i love this comic!!

i know three butch women who have given birth. they are all fabulous mothers and are lacking not a damned thing in the butch department!
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2012, 10:17 PM   #13
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

IMO it's just silly to think a butch wouldn't or couldn't or shouldn't give birth. It's a blessing to go through having a baby, if you choose to do so, no matter what anyone else thinks.

My ex from a few years back was butch and had a daughter. She was a fantastic mother.

One of the most wonderful weddings i've ever been to was when she walked her daughter down the isle in a tux and gave her away.

Truly was elegant and beautiful.

Funny comic btw
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2012, 10:15 AM   #14
TWolf

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Totally taken

TWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST Reputation

Funny! Will have to see how the series progresses....

As to the whole butch mom thing.... *shrug*.... my boy has always said I was more of a dad then a mom, but dadgum if he didn't survive anyway.... in fact there's nothing he delights in more then a good "your mom" joke.... *huge wolfish grin*
TWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #15
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,496 Times in 1,638 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

I like this. I was skeptical at first, but it grew on me. Thanks to Quintease for posting the link.

The drawings remind me of Alison Bechdel's Dykes to Watch Out for or her award winning book FunHome.
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2012, 11:57 AM   #16
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,735 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default ..

Child birth... YIKES!

ok go ahead say it......... i can take it!.............I,m a WIMP!
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2012, 07:12 PM   #17
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,309 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Wasn't that Kim Dingle, the butch photographer whose work was featured at the Guggenheim about four years ago—anyone remember that huge photo of her, a big butch mom, sitting cross-legged, nude, nursing her baby? It was so in-your-face butch mom, I loved it!!
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post: