PPoA - Southern Gentle Butch

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, he, him, handsome, Daddy
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Thanked 10,845 Times in 2,247 Posts
bkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Not to whine...but for the first time in my career...I would do anything to not have face Dante's Inferno ... just saying....

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." Randy Pausch.
bkisbutchenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2012, 07:46 AM   #222
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Queer (gender), female (biological marker)
Preferred Pronoun?:
she will work as a default.
Relationship Status:
*engaged to jac* until 8/10/14

Thanked 15,802 Times in 2,905 Posts
spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkisbutchenuff View Post
Not to whine...but for the first time in my career...I would do anything to not have face Dante's Inferno ... just saying....
Congratulations on making it this far! Sometimes there really is no rhyme or reason to how and when we get those "years" professionally. You know the shake your head and wonder just how fucked up can it really get and are there any competent administrators out there feeling....

I hope you survive BK. It would be a great sadness and loss if you didn't.
spritzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #223
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,357 Times in 2,670 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
I like talking to parents and I welcome their input if there's something they think I should know about their child. In one way, I am very lucky because I have really fun toys for interesting classes, but it does make for huge cleanup. Once in a while there are parents who pretend they can't see the other ten people in the room. We are supposed to have a sign up sheet for them to ask a counselor to call them and make an appointment for a longer meeting. I like Open House though.
Open House went pretty well. I teach in a small rural community, and it's a very social event. The kids who are active in clubs like FFA wear their jackets and the kids in Culinary make cookies. It's very sweet.

Tons of kids in electronics and robotics dragged in their families to show off their work and to meet me. There was one group of families of ninth graders who expected a presentation, which I had not prepared. Mostly I chatted with parents.

One mother of a ninth grader, anxious to skip the non existent presentation, merely introduced herself. Her family lives across the road from Pete's mother, so I said, Hi, I am across the road neighbor's daughter's partner, and she was a little flummoxed, and I regret identifying myself beyond, Hi, nice to meet you.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2012, 01:01 PM   #224
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

I moved for this job. The job is working out so far. Except for a higher proportion of loopy parents, I am enjoying the lower stress environment. I still work closely with students, but. . . aieee. It's hard to explain without kind of saying what I do. But I no longer have classroom management issues. I work with students one on one or in very small groups. Although one day I was teaching math to two students who kept interrupting me and thought OMG I have totally lost my skillz in just a couple of months. I can't even teach two students together. Not true. But lol.

Anyway, all I do now is encourage and motivate. I rarely have to kick butt. One neighboring teacher had a kid using the f-bomb one day and I couldn't resist and nearly threw him out. It turned out someone had stolen his bike AND his dog had just died. That's why the teacher was letting it go. Plus the kid was ED. I didn't know. I completely silenced the poor kid. I felt bad after the teacher explained. Anyway . . .

I moved. That's my point. And I am not reaching out and meeting people. Weight gain and arthritis make me not want to. Hell, I don't even hang with my nice roommates so much. Back home, I would probably also be isolating, but not this much.

ANd it's begun to be a problem. The job is great -- as jobs in education go -- but it's not my life. That's one reason I got the job, so I would have energy at the end of the day. But I am not overwhelmed by the beauty of the area I am in. (I sacrificed that.) And I am not near the friends I hang out with no matter how creaky and grumpy I am. So I have to take action. On my health and I just have to start making time for others.

It's not going to be fun. I am way past being able to walk for exercise. So I have to swim. Anyway, there are lots of "have to's" and I am kind of daunted. But I can't be a good teacher or a good anything if I am in pain and isolated. And I am letting that happen.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2012, 06:53 PM   #225
lusciouskiwi

How Do You Identify?:
femme lesbian feminist
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything except for "aunty"
Relationship Status:
Happy with my butch.

Thanked 9,096 Times in 1,899 Posts
lusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinions of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth. Katherine Mansfield

Motivate yourself or be miserable. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. Wayne Dyer
lusciouskiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lusciouskiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2012, 03:48 AM   #226
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

bkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Like it or not...here I go....

Hope everyone has a great week!

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." Randy Pausch.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2012, 04:02 AM   #227
lusciouskiwi

How Do You Identify?:
femme lesbian feminist
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Happy with my butch.

lusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputation

It sucks that you're having such a hard time at school BK. But, you know you're good at what you do and the kids who want to learn from you do. Administrators can't take away the positive impact you have as a teacher.

Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinions of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth. Katherine Mansfield

Motivate yourself or be miserable. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. Wayne Dyer
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lusciouskiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2012, 04:17 AM   #228
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

Oh it is true. Every time I'm slightly tortured by being across the hall from the music teacher or listening to early morning before school band I understand.... you folks are saints.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 04:20 AM   #229
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

Have a great day and wonderful weekend! Well earned!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 04:40 AM   #230
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,399 Times in 6,872 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
i think i recall not loving that book....The Decameron.... now that was a good book.....
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 05:47 AM   #231
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl563 View Post
i think i recall not loving that book....The Decameron.... now that was a good book.....
Unfortunately - its not a book......

The Following User Says Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 06:31 AM   #232
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Unfortunately - its not a book......
then what is it exactly...hmmmmm?
The Following User Says Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 08:16 AM   #233
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl563 View Post
then what is it exactly...hmmmmm?
Yes unfortunately it refers to current working conditions in BK's school.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2012, 03:09 AM   #234
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2012, 04:03 AM   #235
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzerJ View Post
Yes unfortunately it refers to current working conditions in BK's school.
lol sometimes I am just too literal.... :P
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2012, 05:23 AM   #236
sis
Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

Thanked 1,401 Times in 296 Posts
sis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

Actually, I'm glad its on a Wednesday but only because I'm teaching in Vietnam!! lolol It makes a nice break in the middle of the week. I teach the six and under crowd and they are quite excited about it. Hope you all have some fun while out and about haunting your neighbourhoods!
Oh! Please do!
Oh! Please!
Oh!
sis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sis For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2012, 04:45 AM   #237
lusciouskiwi

How Do You Identify?:
femme lesbian feminist
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Happy with my butch.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lusciouskiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2012, 04:47 AM   #238
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Heya fellow teachers!

Venting Warning Ahead:

I've got way too much to do before midterm reports are due next week! I have far too much marking, and then entering marks, and then typing in the comments! (btw, what program do people use for marks/grades--we have this one called Markbook)

It's cold and rainy and I am a real suck right now. I just don't feel like being ON and talking to anyone. Sigh.

In other news, I posted a pic in the galleries of me outside my classroom.
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #239
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,357 Times in 2,670 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

School was closed Monday, and then I was out sick for two days. I still felt crappy this morning but I couldn't bear leaving the kids with a sub again, so I went in. I felt so punky by the end of the day, I almost cried, and I lost my temper with a wounded kid with limited social and emotional skills. I apologized to my class, and they were like, God, that's nothing, Miss Chancie, but I felt terrible, inside and out. I know it's just because I'm sick but I feel like I can't catch up, like I'll never finish grading, that I won't have time to call the parents of kids who aren't doing well. I still haven't ordered any of the supplies I need for my two hands on classes and I've been laying out my own money all year and I haven't filled out the form to get reimbursed. Ugh, I feel awful.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2012, 03:51 PM   #240
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

((((( Chancie )))))) I hope you feel better soon.

It must be in the air. I am in IEP hell.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:

Tags
careers, educators, gltb, network