Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 02-09-2024, 07:44 AM   #1
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,103 Times in 8,595 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default DIY (Do It Yourself) Remedies for the Body

Thought this would be a good place to place a couple of recipies.
Old 02-09-2024, 07:49 AM   #2
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Body Oil/Butter for Dry Skin

Body Oil/Butter for Dry Skin

I use a homemade mixture of oils that isn't very hard to make.
Ingredients
1 part Raw/Unrefined Shea Butter
1 part Raw/Unrefined Mango Butter (or Cocoa Butter)
1 part Coconut Oil
1 part Olive Oil
Optional: A few drops of Jojoba, Vitamin E, Essential Oils

Directions
Combine the first four ingredients, melt them in double boiler or saucepan over low heat. (If a double boiler isn’t available, a large pyrex measuring cup will work instead. I use a large pyrex measuring cup.)

Next, remove the melted cocoa butter and oils from the heat and mix in the jojoba oil and essential oils. Mix well to incorporate the essential oils.

Let the oils cool for 30 minutes and add to your container(s). Place in the refrigerator or freezer until hard. Remove and use.

Notes
After freezing it, I let it reach room temperature so it isn't too hard. I keep it in my nightstand and use it daily.

I apply this from head to toe. You may want to put on a dressing gown for a few minutes after applying to help absorb some of the oil on your body.

Sometimes I also use it before going to bed. The linen absorbs some of the oil, but it washes out in the laundry.

I purchase the Shea, Mango or Cocoa Butters from Amazon or Walmart. I purchase the oils at the grocers.

My recipe is a variation of this recipe. This link includes instructions on whipping it into a butter and adding starch to reduce the oily-skin feeling.
Below are examples of supplies I get from Amazon. You should do a search to find the best price, vendor, and amount for your needs.

Shea Butter (click here)
Mango Butter (click here)
Containers (click here)
Old 02-09-2024, 08:40 AM   #3
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Cuticle Cream for Cuticles and Dry Feet

I have very dry skin and the best thing I've found for my ridiculously dry feet is cuticle cream. The over the counter (OTC) cuticle creams cost too much for me to use daily on the bottom of my feet so I make my own and it's a lot less expensive.
Ingredients:
1 part Beeswax Pellets
1 part Raw/Unrefined Shea Butter
1 part Coconut Oil
Optional: Sweet Almond Oil, Vitamin E Oil, Essential Oils

Instructions:
Add shea butter, coconut oil, and beeswax to a double boiler over low heat. (If a double boiler isn’t available, a large pyrex measuring cup will work instead. I use a large pyrex measuring cup.)

Stir frequently until the ingredients are completely melted and combined.

Remove from heat and mix in the optional oils listed above, if using.

Carefully pour the mixture into containers and allow to sit undisturbed until firm and solid.

Notes:
If the end result of the cream is too hard just add coconut oil. If it's not hard enough then add beeswax pellets.

I put this on my feet and toes in the morning and at night and it's made a difference. Some people put on socks when using it at night but I don't.

Microwave instructions:
  • Place the shea butter, coconut oil, and beeswax pellets in a microwave-safe container (you can use a Pyrex measuring cup).
  • Melt in 30-second increments, stirring after each, until the ingredients are fully melted and combined.
  • Mix in essential oils, if using.
  • Carefully pour the mixture into containers and allow to sit undisturbed until firm and solid.
Below are examples of supplies I get from Amazon. You should do a search to find the best price, vendor, and amount for your needs.

Beeswax Pellets (click here)
Shea Butter (click here)
Containers (click here)