Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 03-23-2011, 05:01 AM   #1
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Women left out of economic recovery - 90% of new jobs go to men

I was shocked when I saw this on yahoo. Watch the video with Diane Sawyer. Sorry there's a commercial first (nothing is free.)

http://news.yahoo.com/video/business...-jobs-24606247

On one hand various state governments are trying to destroy union jobs, and on the other hand, almost all new jobs are going to men. Are we going to have to start from scratch and fight for womens rights all over again??
Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2011, 05:10 AM   #2
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 3,877 Times in 1,485 Posts
StillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST Reputation

yes actually saw these report 2 days ago , very alarming! Havent stop thinking about it. It really pisses me off. We still live in the stone age.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:44 AM   #3
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

I'm curious though....every report I read said that the recession and loss of jobs struck men much harder than it did women. If so, it would make sense that the population (in this case, men) that suffered the biggest loses would make the biggest recovery...
Old 03-23-2011, 08:50 AM   #4
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 14,363 Times in 3,381 Posts
gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation
Default Im not surprised

true as it is men lost their jobs however so did women, men were hit the hardest because the pay scales are unequal, men are still paid more than women for the same job, thus it made business sense to cut them loose first then hire a woman for the same job and pay her less money. This whole economic bs is twisted.

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
gaea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2011, 01:25 PM   #5
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,401 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaea View Post
true as it is men lost their jobs however so did women, men were hit the hardest because the pay scales are unequal, men are still paid more than women for the same job, thus it made business sense to cut them loose first then hire a woman for the same job and pay her less money. This whole economic bs is twisted.
While I agree with "gaea" let me say also that with the economy such as it is, housing and construction have taken a large hit. The majority of construction workers are men. Also companies that are driven by housing and construction are typically predominately jobs that are done by men. Like my company is dependent on new housing starts...most of our employees are men. Maybe 200 women out of 2500 jobs in the company.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2011, 02:21 PM   #6
asphaltcowboi

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
HAPPY

7 Highscores

Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,042 Posts
asphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
While I agree with "gaea" let me say also that with the economy such as it is, housing and construction have taken a large hit. The majority of construction workers are men. Also companies that are driven by housing and construction are typically predominately jobs that are done by men. Like my company is dependent on new housing starts...most of our employees are men. Maybe 200 women out of 2500 jobs in the company.
Totly agree.. i would like to see a precentage compairson. female job losses vs male job losses then percentage of men working in typical female fields and women working in typical male fiendls.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:21 PM   #7
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 14,363 Times in 3,381 Posts
gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Blade, I worked for a company that went hand I'm hand with construction , I understand this.

this economy is bs no matter what because people have suffered regardless of gender or gender bias or what have you. I see no need for anyone to get upset about anyone who is able to return to work, good for them. economy has hurt everyone not a few and not just one gender.

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
gaea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2011, 03:49 PM   #8
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
I'm curious though....every report I read said that the recession and loss of jobs struck men much harder than it did women. If so, it would make sense that the population (in this case, men) that suffered the biggest loses would make the biggest recovery...
Well, the report said that in the public sector 57% of jobs are filled by women and that 8 out of 10 jobs lost in this sector was lost by women.

Personally, this shit pisses me off. Why I am surprised it is so high (90%), I don't know. But, it really ticks me off. Perhaps I need to learn more about it (noting Jo's comment) before shooting off, but it does make me angry if this is the case.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote