Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > MEMBER NEWS, ANNOUNCEMENTS, EVENTS > Newbie Central

Newbie Central Newbies start here! A place to ask questions, get answers, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with other folks from ButchFemmePlanet.com

Old 08-24-2012, 02:49 PM   #201
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2012, 07:19 PM   #202
Hominid

How Do You Identify?:
Male with interesting historical perspective
Relationship Status:
Taking Applications

Hominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I've been wandering around, thinking something must have filled the void left over - the other place was so active at one time. Tonight, just trolling and googled "butch femme" and it came up. So many other dead places popped up it took a while, but when I started looking at names I realized this was it. Really enjoying the smack of familiarity, better design, and friendliness.
Hominid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #203
lusciouskiwi

How Do You Identify?:
femme lesbian feminist
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything except for "aunty"
Relationship Status:
Happy with my butch.

Thanked 9,096 Times in 1,899 Posts
lusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputation

From Live Journal. Can't even remember where the link was ...

Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinions of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth. Katherine Mansfield

Motivate yourself or be miserable. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. Wayne Dyer
lusciouskiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lusciouskiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #204
moonwitch

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

moonwitch Has the BEST Reputationmoonwitch Has the BEST Reputationmoonwitch Has the BEST Reputationmoonwitch Has the BEST Reputationmoonwitch Has the BEST Reputationmoonwitch Has the BEST Reputationmoonwitch Has the BEST Reputationmoonwitch Has the BEST Reputationmoonwitch Has the BEST Reputationmoonwitch Has the BEST Reputationmoonwitch Has the BEST Reputation
I did a google search and I am so glad I did. Seems like a great place to call Home. Looking forward to meeting new people and making new friends.
moonwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to moonwitch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2012, 06:17 PM   #205
Tony

How Do You Identify?:
All Man (FTM if I must have a label)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male ones
Relationship Status:
She's my Southern Comfort

Thanked 1,241 Times in 326 Posts
Tony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST Reputation
Cool

I belong to 2 other sites that are not butch femme sites but was told by several people I would find acceptance here. So....here I be.
Even tho I may come off as brash, sexist and a bit of an ass, I'm really not. Ok, I am an ass. Lol. But I'm learning. Reading threads. Treading lightly so as not to offend with my twisted sense of humor & unfiltered mouth.
I will say that the sense of community & commarraderie (sp) that I see here is heart warming. I hope to fit in somewhere. ;-)
Old 09-18-2012, 06:59 PM   #206
Countyfem

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Countyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST Reputation

I think it found me
Countyfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Countyfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2012, 07:00 PM   #207
tazz

How Do You Identify?:
Athlete/tomboi
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, cutie
Relationship Status:
Estoy recibiendo cómodo con él

Thanked 1,759 Times in 642 Posts
tazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
I belong to 2 other sites that are not butch femme sites but was told by several people I would find acceptance here. So....here I be.
Even tho I may come off as brash, sexist and a bit of an ass, I'm really not. Ok, I am an ass. Lol. But I'm learning. Reading threads. Treading lightly so as not to offend with my twisted sense of humor & unfiltered mouth.
I will say that the sense of community & commarraderie (sp) that I see here is heart warming. I hope to fit in somewhere. ;-)
***you already do

tazz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tazz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2012, 09:05 AM   #208
DanieClarke
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
14 yrs post op
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey you
Relationship Status:
single

DanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST Reputation
Default TAMARA TOLD ME

Anyway i have a small 6 acre farm surrounded by mostly large amish and mennonite farms in central Pa along the appalchia Mountains.

I am seeking someone who is rough and ready and able to live rustically.

That means i have chamber pots and outhouses and barns and no indoor plumbing except for a hand pump in the basement which pumps springwater yr round.

I think an older FTM might really enjoy sharing this place with me.. Oh yea i am in my late 50's and caregiving my 89 yr old mom here. They too should be older and respectful of the local amish and mennonites.

I happen to be a celibate and single for the last 14 yrs so i am hoping to find the same.

Oh i can't deal with a couple as that dynamic is too much for me and mom.

Right now we sleep in the livingroom as mom can't make it up the steps and the wood heater in the livingroom needs to be filled every few hours all winter long.

Oh i am a 14 yr post op MTF living mostly androgynously as most who don't know me think i am a FTM which suits me fine..

PS: No smokers or drugs or lazy people

Last edited by nycfem; 10-08-2012 at 07:52 AM.
DanieClarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:12 AM   #209
Tony

How Do You Identify?:
All Man (FTM if I must have a label)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male ones
Relationship Status:
She's my Southern Comfort

Thanked 1,241 Times in 326 Posts
Tony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST Reputation
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
***you already do
Thanks Tazz. I'm working on it. There are a lot of good people here. Now I just need to find more time in my day so me, my thumb & my stupid smart phone can interact here more.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #210
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieClarke View Post
Oh i was told about this place by a Tamara who saw my ad at rodale institute which is for people who like to farm http://www.rodaleinstitute.org/classifieds

Anyway i have a small 6 acre farm surrounded by mostly large amish and mennonite farms in central Pa along the appalchia Mountains.

I am seeking someone who is rough and ready and able to live rustically.

That means i have chamber pots and outhouses and barns and no indoor plumbing except for a hand pump in the basement which pumps springwater yr round.

I think an older FTM might really enjoy sharing this place with me.. Oh yea i am in my late 50's and caregiving my 89 yr old mom here. They too should be older and respectful of the local amish and mennonites.

I happen to be a celibate and single for the last 14 yrs so i am hoping to find the same.

Oh i can't deal with a couple as that dynamic is too much for me and mom.

Right now we sleep in the livingroom as mom can't make it up the steps and the wood heater in the livingroom needs to be filled every few hours all winter long.

You can see my rustic place (with over 170 pictures) here at my site http://directory.ic.org/22661/Centra..._minded_people

Oh i am a 14 yr post op MTF living mostly androgynously as most who don't know me think i am a FTM which suits me fine..

PS: No smokers or drugs or lazy people
Tamara that would be me! I'm so glad you made it!
Sachita is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #211
izshadow

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian
Relationship Status:
Single

izshadow is on a distinguished road

Facebook when I was typing in the butch/femme, transgender pages.....
izshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to izshadow For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2012, 11:55 PM   #212
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Samurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST Reputation

I googled "butch femme" and the results gave me about 3 potential communities. This one, another one that seemed semi-active but dated, and a mailing list that seems inactive or I have trouble joining.

I got googling after having read this article:
Female masculinity and shame amongst lesbians, by Jessica Gird

I'm really liking BF Planet so far, and why would anyone wanna go anywhere else, right? In the bigger picture though, I hope eventually BFers will have more presence elsewhere as a greater community, with more hangout places like other more established LGBT groups out there.
Samurai Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Samurai Wanderer For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2012, 06:24 PM   #213
takehimaway

How Do You Identify?:
Boy.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, please.
Relationship Status:
Polyamorous.

takehimaway Has the BEST Reputationtakehimaway Has the BEST Reputationtakehimaway Has the BEST Reputationtakehimaway Has the BEST Reputationtakehimaway Has the BEST Reputationtakehimaway Has the BEST Reputationtakehimaway Has the BEST Reputationtakehimaway Has the BEST Reputationtakehimaway Has the BEST Reputationtakehimaway Has the BEST Reputationtakehimaway Has the BEST Reputation
Red face

A friend of my lady told us about it. It's kinda interesting so far.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:12 AM   #214
PrincessMindy

How Do You Identify?:
n/a
Relationship Status:
n/a

PrincessMindy is on a distinguished road

Good morning! I am new here. I found my way to BFP because of my new friend Phyl.
PrincessMindy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PrincessMindy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2012, 07:06 AM   #215
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,591 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation

Emails from friends.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #216
Amber2010

How Do You Identify?:
Happy, Crazy, Bubbly, Funny, Strong, Outgoing, Friendly
Preferred Pronoun?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Complicated

Amber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST Reputation

By Best Friend is on here and told me about it.
Amber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amber2010 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #217
ShanaGemini

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, Sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single

ShanaGemini Has the BEST ReputationShanaGemini Has the BEST ReputationShanaGemini Has the BEST ReputationShanaGemini Has the BEST ReputationShanaGemini Has the BEST ReputationShanaGemini Has the BEST ReputationShanaGemini Has the BEST ReputationShanaGemini Has the BEST ReputationShanaGemini Has the BEST ReputationShanaGemini Has the BEST ReputationShanaGemini Has the BEST Reputation

I was searching Butch/Femme online and found it.

Shana Segat
Femme Gemini in Kansas City
ShanaGemini is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ShanaGemini For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2013, 01:00 PM   #218
Chelsius

How Do You Identify?:
Queerdo Lady Unit
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Chelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST Reputation

I heard about this website in a different chatroom.
Chelsius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chelsius For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2013, 04:58 PM   #219
JinxieB

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian...soft butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
married

JinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST Reputation

in a last ditch effort to find others...

I had been googling and binging for 2 days and I was sick of it but thought I'd give it one last try...and low and behold this was the first site on the page that looked far too interesting intriguing to pass up
JinxieB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JinxieB For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2013, 07:04 PM   #220
maryam

How Do You Identify?:
femme-ish
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
taken

maryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputation

Recommendation of a friend. I got the wrong site at first, but then she told me I was in the wrong spot.
maryam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maryam For This Useful Post:

Tags
find, parade