Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > General Gender Discussions

View Poll Results: I am a _____ and I prefer the term ______
Femme and I prefer the term cissexed 11 16.67%
Femme and I prefer the terms XY Male / XX Female 2 3.03%
Femme and I prefer the terms Bio Male/ Bio Female 20 30.30%
Female Identified Butch and I prefer the term cissexed 2 3.03%
Female Identified Butch and I prefer the terms XY Male/XX Female 1 1.52%
Female Identified Butch and I prefer the terms Bio Male/Bio Female 5 7.58%
Transgendered Butch (neither male nor female) and I prefer the term cissexed 2 3.03%
Transgendered Butch (neither male nor female) and I prefer the terms XY Male and XX Female 3 4.55%
Transgendered Butch (neither male nor female) and I prefer the terms Bio Male and Bio Female 5 7.58%
Male Identified Butch and I prefer the term transsexed 0 0%
Male Identified Butch and I prefer the terms XY Male and XX Female 0 0%
Male Identified Butch and I prefer the terms Bio Male and Bio Female 2 3.03%
Transsexed person ON hormones and prefer the term cissexed 1 1.52%
Transsexed person ON hormones and I prefer the terms XY Male and XX Female 3 4.55%
Transsexed person ON hormones and I prefer the terms Bio Male and Bio Female 5 7.58%
Transsexed person NOT on hormones and I prefer the term cissexed 1 1.52%
Transsexed person NOT on hormones and I prefer the terms XY Male and XX Female 0 0%
Transsexed person NOT on hormone and I prefer the terms Bio Male and Bio Female 3 4.55%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2011, 04:51 PM   #21
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,159 Times in 3,632 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Now, I am curious as to why in your tags you placed these terms.

bio male, cisgendered, cissexed, transsexed, xy male

Why not the others?

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2011, 05:06 PM   #22
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,120 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

Sorry dude, wasn't trying to make you mad, I'll bow out
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:06 PM   #23
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie View Post

Why not the others?
I had to delete those because only so many tags are allowed. Since we tend to see more transsexed men at this site versus transsexed women, I figured it would be unlikely those tabs would be looked for.

I do believe I am the FIRST person to get their tags critiqued here!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2011, 05:08 PM   #24
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
Sorry dude, wasn't trying to make you mad, I'll bow out
Not mad, but thank you.

I have no problem when questions come from a genuine place of a desire for understanding. If that is where you were coming from, then it is all good.

And certainly I have no interest in you bowing out.

Old 05-21-2011, 05:13 PM   #25
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Getting offline.

If others would like to use this thread they are more than welcome.

Thanks.

Old 05-21-2011, 06:06 PM   #26
Quintease

How Do You Identify?:
Rainbow femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,816 Times in 417 Posts
Quintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST Reputation

I like bio male/female as in biologically born, with no reference to the now.

I don't like cisgendered at all and I have no discernible reason for that.

I also use XX and XY, but written rather than spoken.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:53 PM   #27
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

I'm just a transmale on hormones. I do not claim any of the other terms as I do not find they describe me well enough.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2011, 06:53 PM   #28
noneoftheabove

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
don't care

noneoftheabove Has the BEST Reputationnoneoftheabove Has the BEST Reputationnoneoftheabove Has the BEST Reputationnoneoftheabove Has the BEST Reputationnoneoftheabove Has the BEST Reputationnoneoftheabove Has the BEST Reputationnoneoftheabove Has the BEST Reputationnoneoftheabove Has the BEST Reputationnoneoftheabove Has the BEST Reputationnoneoftheabove Has the BEST Reputationnoneoftheabove Has the BEST Reputation

I'm third gendered and I dislike the term cisgender. The wikipedia definition: "Cisgender (or cisgendered) is an adjective used in the context of gender issues and counselling to refer to a class of gender identities formed by a match between an individual's gender identity and the behavior or role considered appropriate for one's sex.[1] I don't think we should be labeling people according to what society thinks is appropriate behavior. I find this definition particularly offensive to women.
noneoftheabove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to noneoftheabove For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2011, 06:55 PM   #29
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie View Post

Why not the others?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I had to delete those because only so many tags are allowed. Since we tend to see more transsexed men at this site versus transsexed women, I figured it would be unlikely those tabs would be looked for.

I do believe I am the FIRST person to get their tags critiqued here!

Technical note as well: tags (found at the bottom of the thread) are also generated based on the topic as found in the first post, IIRC.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2011, 06:58 PM   #30
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,782 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by noneoftheabove View Post
I'm third gendered and I dislike the term cisgender. The wikipedia definition: "Cisgender (or cisgendered) is an adjective used in the context of gender issues and counselling to refer to a class of gender identities formed by a match between an individual's gender identity and the behavior or role considered appropriate for one's sex.[1] I don't think we should be labeling people according to what society thinks is appropriate behavior. I find this definition particularly offensive to women.
It doesn't seem to me like anyone here would fit that definition of- an individual's gender identity matching the behavior or role considered appropriate for one's sex. How many people's gender here actually matches with what society expects of us?

And yes I agree on the woman part. The cost of conformity is high for women (as is non-conformity).
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2011, 07:09 PM   #31
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,163 Times in 2,006 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Good point about the transgendered butch who uses hormones. I myself have considered them, but do not identify as transsexed.

I am using the term transsexed b/c I was under the impression that the trans community was beginning to prefer that term over transSEXUAL.
I don't know why but I am not comfortable referring to myself as a transsexual. I prefer Trans, Transmasculine Butch and/or Transman.

I find that when I use the term cisgender or cissex, outside of people from the B-F online communities, the listening audience do not know what I am talking about. When I use the term "Biomale," they have a look of instant understanding come across their face.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2011, 07:10 PM   #32
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,768 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation
Default None of the above

I am a femme and I use the term woman if they present as a woman and man if they present as a man unless they tell me they prefer some other pronoun and I use what they ask me to.

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2011, 07:21 PM   #33
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by noneoftheabove View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
It doesn't seem to me like anyone here would fit that definition of- an individual's gender identity matching the behavior or role considered appropriate for one's sex. How many people's gender here actually matches with what society expects of us?

And yes I agree on the woman part. The cost of conformity is high for women (as is non-conformity).
I agree and this is also the reason why I used the term cissexed in my opening statement and the poll.

I put cisgendered in the tags because that term is often used in place of cissexed.

The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2011, 07:32 PM   #34
T D

How Do You Identify?:
Person of the trans variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

Thanked 1,123 Times in 310 Posts
T D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST Reputation
Default I really don't get it, but.....

I consider myself a Transman who has both male and female characteristics (I was raised female afterall). I consider my gender and sexuality to be Transman.

Going off to hang out with Snow now.

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
T D is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to T D For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2011, 07:44 PM   #35
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Ok, so I realized that I left out something rather important in the OP to explain the question.

I said:

I am wondering if how we identify impacts what term we like to use when referring to people who are born with XY chromosomes ("males") and XX chromosomes ("females").

It was half a sentence. The whole sentence should read:

I am wondering if how we identify impacts what term we like to use when referring to people who are born with XY chromosomes ("males") and XX chromosomes ("females") who feel that they were born in the right body.

Does that help?

Linus, is it possible to add that to the first post?

Old 05-21-2011, 07:46 PM   #36
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

I like XX female/XY male best. I use cisgender as well, especially irl where its less awkward than saying "non-trans." If I'm talking about XX females or XY males specifically then I'll typically use those, but if I'm talking about non-trans people in general I find it's easier to just say cis irl.

But on the other hand that presents a problem. Mostly when I'm talking about cis people I'm talking about heteronormative/traditionally heterosexual folks who have no conflict between their reproductive organs/secondary sex features and their internal understanding of their own sex/gender, and I think it can be a whole other kettle of fish if cis is used as a generalization for the rest of the LGB community unless an individual identifies with cis specifically.

I really have come to dislike the terms biofemale and biomale. Biology encompasses more than reproductive organs, and given some of the hypotheses about the development of a fetus as "transsexed" in the womb, I'm not sure the words biomale and biofemale cover that.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2011, 07:46 PM   #37
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Ok, so I realized that I left out something rather important in the OP to explain the question.

I said:

I am wondering if how we identify impacts what term we like to use when referring to people who are born with XY chromosomes ("males") and XX chromosomes ("females").

It was half a sentence. The whole sentence should read:

I am wondering if how we identify impacts what term we like to use when referring to people who are born with XY chromosomes ("males") and XX chromosomes ("females") who feel that they were born in the right body.

Does that help?

Linus, is it possible to add that to the first post?
Done and adjusted.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2011, 07:48 PM   #38
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Done and adjusted.
Thank you so much, Linus.

Old 05-22-2011, 07:10 AM   #39
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,424 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

I am ..... ME.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2011, 08:30 AM   #40
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Having read this over a few times, I am still confused as to what it is asking.

I am a lesbian who prefers to be called a woman.

I prefer to call others male or female cuz it is simplier.

The only time I tend to want to break it down further is if I am interested
in dating someone.

Is that in one of the poll choices?

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:

Tags