Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 07-09-2010, 09:34 AM   #101
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmennoir View Post
New York Femmes Tea Circle is getting a few things together for the tea basket for the reunion! We will bring them to our July tea for Amy to take with her. We are all trying to decide what to include, although there will be plenty of tea, of course! Maybe some homemade jams, jellies, or cookies too! I am looking through my antique tea linens to see. It would help if we knew what colour/style the teapot is! Do you already have cups? Inquiring minds are dying to know!
Elle* and the Femmes Tea Gang

THIS will be something that I buy a TON of raffle tickets for. I have been trying to win one of those awesome tea-baskets for years!!! The one in Oakland a few years ago, I bet I spent $100 trying to get that basket!!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:16 AM   #102
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

MsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
I used to love Good Earth Original, but the last time I had it, I read the ingredients:

Does anyone have any idea what 'natural flavor' means? Sometimes it means MSG, and it's the second ingredient in the list, which means there is more of it than every other ingredient besides the black tea.
Not usually with Tea, more likely a flavor...
MsMerrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:18 AM   #103
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

MsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
New York Femmes Tea Circle is getting a few things together for the tea basket for the reunion! We will bring them to our July tea for Amy to take with her. We are all trying to decide what to include, although there will be plenty of tea, of course! Maybe some homemade jams, jellies, or cookies too! I am looking through my antique tea linens to see. It would help if we knew what colour/style the teapot is! Do you already have cups? Inquiring minds are dying to know!
Elle* and the Femmes Tea Gang
Cups & Pots, are being bought by the primary creator of the Tea Basket for the Reunion
We are just adding stuff, and a lot of that will be dependent on how much Amy can bring !

Last edited by MsMerrick; 07-09-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:53 AM   #104
femmennoir

How Do You Identify?:
femme, naturellement
Preferred Pronoun?:
Elle
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,223 Times in 478 Posts
femmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputation

I personally am settling for four different kinds of tea and a scone mix! I hope we get to see photos of the tea basket!

Elle*
And your heart, as it was then, will be on fire.

Anna Akhmatova "White nights"
femmennoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:47 AM   #105
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

So I am going to knit a Tea Cozy for the Tea Basket, and I am wondering.. I have 2 colors available. What say you all ? Particularly Medusa, because she is such a fan ! Teal or Red ? Like a bright Lipstick Red or a slightly jade colored Teal, both quite beautiful
The Following User Says Thank You to MsMerrick For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2010, 10:54 AM   #106
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMerrick View Post
So I am going to knit a Tea Cozy for the Tea Basket, and I am wondering.. I have 2 colors available. What say you all ? Particularly Medusa, because she is such a fan ! Teal or Red ? Like a bright Lipstick Red or a slightly jade colored Teal, both quite beautiful
RED of course!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:27 PM   #107
femmennoir

How Do You Identify?:
femme, naturellement
Preferred Pronoun?:
Elle
Relationship Status:
single

femmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
RED of course!
I totally agree!

Elle*

Old 07-18-2010, 03:10 PM   #108
Daktari

I'm a Brit so I do tea big style! Nothing fixes the worlds ills better than "a nice cup of tea"

A good mug - or cup if you want to be dainty about it - of tea is brewed in a warmed pot and for my preference will be English Breakfast tea - most brands except Twinings which tastes 'dusty'. I like a good strong Assam too and always have Rooibos in the evenings.

I was brought up with PG Tips though
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UenzNJztr4g&feature=related"]YouTube- Brooke Bond - PG Tips - French Bike Race - UK Advert[/nomedia]
Old 07-18-2010, 04:35 PM   #109
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
RED of course!
Quote:
I totally agree!

Elle*
Thanks for your input
Old 07-18-2010, 06:00 PM   #110
femmennoir

How Do You Identify?:
femme, naturellement
Preferred Pronoun?:
Elle
Relationship Status:
single

I was looking through my linens, and I found a vintage crocheted kitchen pot holder in the shape of a milk jug! It is so darling, I think I have to include it in the basket with the tea and the scone mix!
Elle*

Old 07-18-2010, 06:17 PM   #111
BarbaraRyan

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss
Relationship Status:
Single and Looking

BarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST Reputation

I am a big fan of Zhena's Gypsy Teas.

http://www.gypsytea.com/

I love their Chocolate Chai, Berry Bellini, and Pomegranate Rose. Berry Bellini is a tea version of the famous drink. It's super yummy.

BarbaraRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 06:19 PM   #112
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Chocolate and Chai in the same tea.........do tell

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:50 PM   #113
DressyFemme

How Do You Identify?:
FEMME
Relationship Status:
MARRIED :)

DressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Thumbs up Tea!! plus Welcome to Steepster!

Being a Brit by birth, then visiting England throughout my childhood and adolescence then living there 1989-1991 made me a tea addict...I can't go a day without my daily fix! Nowadays I drink tea only, no coffee for this femme!

I used 2 Mrs. Tea makers until they sadly broke down from years of use... then found the Breville One-Touch Tea Maker from Bloomingdales.com and am thoroughly enjoying my re-introduction to loose leaf teas that I had previously enjoyed in England. Bought a bunch of loose teas from adagioteas.com and am enjoying them tremendously especially mango melange.... but thanks to this thread it seems there are a lot more sites I have to peek at and sample from!

Wanted to share a site I've been frequenting lately. It has reviews of teas, ranking the top 100 as sampled by members... has a message board... has a tea-house search option.... and has daily specials for members (there's no cost to membership)...

http://steepster.com

Enjoy! (I'm DressyFemme on their boards)....

Dressy
I am a member of LinkedIn’s Largest LGBT+ and Welcomed Allies Professional Networking Group. Today if you are comfortable being 100% out or supporting LGBT people please come join me and the currently over 42 Thousand Global Members. The group is 100% professionally oriented. We all need to stand because Visibility leads to Awareness and Awareness lead to Full Equality (and keeping it).

Join Us.
Here’s a direct link to the group >> https://www.linkedin.com/groups/63687
˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄

Last edited by DressyFemme; 07-23-2010 at 06:51 PM. Reason: misspelling oops...
DressyFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DressyFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2010, 08:12 AM   #114
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

Quote:
I was looking through my linens, and I found a vintage crocheted kitchen pot holder in the shape of a milk jug! It is so darling, I think I have to include it in the basket with the tea and the scone mix!
Elle*
Perfect
Old 07-24-2010, 08:17 AM   #115
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DressyFemme View Post
Being a Brit by birth, then visiting England throughout my childhood and adolescence then living there 1989-1991 made me a tea addict...I can't go a day without my daily fix! Nowadays I drink tea only, no coffee for this femme!

I used 2 Mrs. Tea makers until they sadly broke down from years of use... then found the Breville One-Touch Tea Maker from Bloomingdales.com and am thoroughly enjoying my re-introduction to loose leaf teas that I had previously enjoyed in England. Bought a bunch of loose teas from adagioteas.com and am enjoying them tremendously especially mango melange.... but thanks to this thread it seems there are a lot more sites I have to peek at and sample from!

Wanted to share a site I've been frequenting lately. It has reviews of teas, ranking the top 100 as sampled by members... has a message board... has a tea-house search option.... and has daily specials for members (there's no cost to membership)...

Dressy
Thanks for the new site to check out !! and hey there
Old 07-27-2010, 10:36 PM   #116
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

“O Tea! O leaves torn from the sacred bough! O stalk, gift born of the great gods! What joyful region bored thee? In what part of the sky Is the fostering earth swollen with your health, bringing increase” Pierre Daniel Huet

Now there's a man who loved his tea.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:56 PM   #117
BarbaraRyan

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss
Relationship Status:
Single and Looking

BarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DressyFemme View Post

Dressy
Hi Dressy,
I love tea too. I enjoy Adagio Teas too. They have a great Blood Orange one which is great substitute for orange juice at breakfast. Have you tried the Zhena's Gyspy Teas? They are excellent. I have never used a tea maker. I just use a kettle and a strainer if needed. Is it easier using a maker?

Thanks for recommending Steepster.

Take care!

BarbaraRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:48 PM   #118
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

I'm looking forward to having afternoon tea at a local tea parlor this week with my lovely little lady. One of the things we enjoy is when they bring out a big tray that has dainty bottles containing leaves of all their flavors. Olfactory heaven.

I've been reading the thread for inspiration.

I think it may have been Vegas a few years back when I won the tea basket. I remember the contents of the basket better than the event itself. LOL
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:19 PM   #119
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy View Post
I'm looking forward to having afternoon tea at a local tea parlor this week with my lovely little lady. One of the things we enjoy is when they bring out a big tray that has dainty bottles containing leaves of all their flavors. Olfactory heaven.

I've been reading the thread for inspiration.

I think it may have been Vegas a few years back when I won the tea basket. I remember the contents of the basket better than the event itself. LOL
Wonderful, tell us which one I never went to Vegas, so someone else ( Michelle I suspect ) would have delivered it What were your favorite things etc etc?
Old 07-29-2010, 05:57 AM   #120
DressyFemme

How Do You Identify?:
FEMME
Relationship Status:
MARRIED :)

DressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Smile More tea talk & Breville tea maker info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraRyan View Post
Hi Dressy,
I love tea too. I enjoy Adagio Teas too. They have a great Blood Orange one which is great substitute for orange juice at breakfast. Have you tried the Zhena's Gyspy Teas? They are excellent. I have never used a tea maker. I just use a kettle and a strainer if needed. Is it easier using a maker?

Thanks for recommending Steepster.

Take care!
I love Zhena's Gypsy Coconut Chai. Lovely flavor, plus I enjoy coconut flavored teas and spice teas.

Yes, using a maker is much easier. All you do is plug it in, fill the carafe with 1200 ml of water, use the scoop provided with the maker to measure out 5 scoops of loose tea into the basket and put the cover on the basket, put the basket onto the magnetized post, put the cover on top of the carafe, press the buttons for type of tea (black, white, oolong, herbal, etc.) and desired strength, and then press the TEA button. It does the rest! and keeps it warm for an hour. Plus it has a timer feature.

It also has a Basket feature which allows you to steep the tea longer if you want an even stronger flavor. Easy to clean, too.

Here's the link to the product's website:

http://www.brevilleusa.com/tea/one-touch-tea-maker.html

It can be purchased at

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalo...xx.esn_results

It's expensive... $315.00... (look on ebay or other websites first, these are selling out fast) but if you have the money, it's a very worthwhile investment.
I haven't had it make one type of tea I haven't liked yet.

Happy Tea Time!

Dressy
I am a member of LinkedIn’s Largest LGBT+ and Welcomed Allies Professional Networking Group. Today if you are comfortable being 100% out or supporting LGBT people please come join me and the currently over 42 Thousand Global Members. The group is 100% professionally oriented. We all need to stand because Visibility leads to Awareness and Awareness lead to Full Equality (and keeping it).

Join Us.
Here’s a direct link to the group >> https://www.linkedin.com/groups/63687
˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄
DressyFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DressyFemme For This Useful Post: