Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 01-12-2010, 04:29 PM   #41
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
I usually buy chuck roast for the crock, but I trim off excess fat before cooking because I want to use the gravy with my meal. I never put veggies in with my roast. I think it takes longer to cook. I do, however, make mashed potatoes to go with it. When I'm peeling potatoes, I always peel one sweet potato to add to the white. Gives a whole new flavor to mashed taters
I do this sometimes and then make roasted whole carrots. really yummy in my tummy! Ohhh garlic smashed potatoes! Im hungry now.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:42 PM   #42
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I picked up a couple of slow cooker cookbooks recently. One is the little book you see at most grocery or 'super' stores near the checkout. The other is by the Semi-homemade lady on the Food Network. She drives me crazy with her need to match her background, but I don't have to worry about that in a book.

I haven't started testing recipes yet, but she's got everything from apps to dessert in there and....Dylan....about half of the meats are chicken and fish. There seems to be a good chunk of roasts and I think I even saw something about steak. I'll let you all know more as I work my way through the book.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2010, 10:57 PM   #43
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
I usually buy chuck roast for the crock, but I trim off excess fat before cooking because I want to use the gravy with my meal. I never put veggies in with my roast. I think it takes longer to cook. I do, however, make mashed potatoes to go with it. When I'm peeling potatoes, I always peel one sweet potato to add to the white. Gives a whole new flavor to mashed taters
Hi Wolfy,
This is a second day slow cooker recipe. LEFT-OVER ROAST BEEF STEW

Cook your roast like you normally do without veggies, but cook one that is big enough for two meals. When it is finished, take it out and cut up, slice, or chunk,the amount of meat you will use for your meal today. Leave the juices in the slowcooker. Go ahead and have your dinner, let the remainder of the roast, and the juices cool.

After dinner cut up the meat that has been cooling into bite-sized pieces. Chunk up a medium sized onion, at least one washed potato and one good sized carrot per person in the household (I usually do at least six myself, we love carrots) Add whatever spices you like, stir it up and let it sit in the refrigerator over night. The next day add 2 cups of water and put it on the slow cooker at the lowest temp. This will not need to cook all day. At low temp it will cook in about four hours, at high it will be done in an hour or so. It's the best tasting stew ever because all the flavors mixed up together overnight. If it needs thickening, add some instant potato flakes.

About 15 minutes before eating open a roll of biscuits (or make your own.) Place them on top of the stew. Make a ring around the outside of the crock pot. They should touch each other, and touch the outside of the pot. Put the lid on and cook for ten more minutes. Then take the lid off and cook for five more minutes. This will make some some big puffy yummy dumplings on the top of your stew. Put a dumpling or two on everyone's plate and cover with the stew.

Delish! (and easy!)
Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2010, 11:27 PM   #44
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,951 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation
Default Meatloaf

My kiddo loves this one
Ingredients
1 pound Bob Evans Original Recipe Sausage Roll
1 pound ground beef
1 cup ketchup, divided
1 (1.25 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
2 eggs
Directions
In large bowl, combine sausage, beef, 1/2 cup ketchup, soup mix, bread crumbs and eggs. When well combined, shape into loaf to fit your slow cooker (round or oval). Place into slow cooker.

Cover and cook on low heat 4-6 hours. Spread remaining 1/2 cup ketchup on top of meatloaf 30 minutes before serving. Cover and continue cooking on low heat for 30 minutes.
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2010, 11:33 PM   #45
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation
Default Chocolate Mess Cake

must love Chocolate, this is very rich

Ingredients:
•1 chocolate cake mix
•3 oz. pkg. instant chocolate pudding mix
•4 eggs
•1 cup water
•2 cups sour cream
•3/4 cup vegetable oil
•3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
•1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
Preparation:
Spray a 4 quart crockpot with non-stick cooking spray and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix and pudding mix. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the water, then add the sour cream and oil and beat until smooth. Add to the dry ingredients and beat well. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Pour into crockpot. Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours, until top springs back when touched very lightly with finger. 8-10 servings
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 01:08 AM   #46
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,850 Times in 511 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Today I tossed some chopped potatoes, carrots, and celery in to the crock pot. Added a bit of chicken broth and set a cornish game hen on top.

5 hours on the high setting later, we had yummy fall-off-the-bone hen, nicely flavored potatoes, and perfectly cooked carrots.

Yummers.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:22 AM   #47
Dylan
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
She thinks all my jokes are corny

Thanked 1,839 Times in 500 Posts
Dylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST Reputation

I think I'm going to have to just face the fear, suck it up, and get a crock pot. And only one pot to wash. That's an added bonus.

Dylan
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dylan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 03:34 AM   #48
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Location: where the road goes on forever and the party never ends
Thanked 1,533 Times in 437 Posts
little man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
I think I'm going to have to just face the fear, suck it up, and get a crock pot. And only one pot to wash. That's an added bonus.

Dylan
no plates or silverware for you?

i'm a rambling man
i ain't ever gonna change
i got a gypsy soul to blame
and i was born for leaving

--zac brown band (colder weather)
little man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:43 AM   #49
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

i am starving (cuz i should be asleep) i do wish i had some non-meat *something* stewing in the crock. and also, i wish that the crock was somewhere in the house not in the kitchen, with this magical stew since the dogs are in the kitchen so i won't run the risk of waking them by going in there to search for foods! despair! hunger! crock!

i just had a banana that i could locate without too much noise, it was in a plastic bag so i quietly felt for it (in the dark) and then quickly left the dining room to peel the thing 2 rooms away.

now i'm obsessing over some strange corn chowder recipe that i glanced at in the vegetarian magazine in the check out line yesterday, but didn't want to spend 7 dollars to buy... oh plus, the burpee catalogue came and you know i want to plant an entire organic farm...

what? wrong thread?
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:53 AM   #50
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

the recipe! http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/10743?
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 06:32 PM   #51
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
That recipe looks fantastic, with or without the vegan "meat"!

Just one question ... You were hungry and you couldn't go in the kitchen because it would wake the dogs?
Smooches,
Keri

iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:21 PM   #52
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post

I used to subscribe to this magazine. It's full of wonderful recipes all the time. I have some really old issues packed away that I should look for.

Check out this one for your garden..... www.organicgardening.com
I just renewed my subscription after receiving 6 free issues.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:02 PM   #53
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post

Dylan
Well actually if you get one that has an inner lining and an outer element you may end up washing them both. Um yea I tend to spill,
I have a recipe to share but I have to go find it. Not necessarily for a crock pot, but a Dutch oven.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:10 PM   #54
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

From Cooks Illistrated

Cooked this last night, friggen yum!

BEEF AND VEGETABLE SOUP

Serves 6. Published September 1, 2007.

Choose whole sirloin tip steaks over ones that have been cut into small pieces for stir-fries. If sirloin tip steaks are unavailable, substitute blade or flank steak, removing any hard gristle or excess fat. Button mushrooms can be used in place of the cremini mushrooms, with some trade-off in flavor. Our preferred brand of beef broth is Pacific. If you like, add 1 cup of frozen peas, frozen corn, or frozen cut green beans during the last 5 minutes of cooking. For a heartier soup, add 10 ounces of red-skinned potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (2 cups), during the last 15 minutes of cooking.

INGREDIENTS
1 pound sirloin tip steaks , trimmed of excess fat and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (see note above)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 pound cremini mushrooms , stems trimmed, caps wiped clean and quartered
1 large onion , chopped medium (about 1 1/2 cups)
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 medium garlic clove , minced or pressed through a garlic press (about 1 teaspoon)
1/2 cup red wine
4 cups beef broth (see note above)
1 3/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
4 medium carrots , peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
2 medium ribs celery , cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 3/4 cup)
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin (powdered)
1/2 cup cold water
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
INSTRUCTIONS
1. Combine beef and soy sauce in medium bowl; set aside for 15 minutes.

2. Heat oil in large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add mushrooms and onion; cook, stirring frequently, until onion pieces are brown and dark bits form on pan bottom, 8 to 12 minutes. Transfer vegetables to bowl.

3. Add beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid evaporates and meat starts to brown, 6 to 10 minutes. Add tomato paste and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Add red wine, scraping bottom of pot with wooden spoon to loosen browned bits, and cook until syrupy, 1 to 2 minutes.

4. Add beef broth, chicken broth, carrots, celery, bay leaf, and browned mushrooms and onion; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until vegetables and meat are tender, 25 to 30 minutes. While soup is simmering, sprinkle gelatin over cold water and let stand.

5. When soup is finished, turn off heat. Remove bay leaf. Add gelatin mixture and stir until completely dissolved. Stir in parsley; adjust seasonings with salt and pepper, and serve.

The trick is to prep all the ingredients ahead of time.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)

Last edited by Corkey; 01-14-2010 at 08:15 PM.
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 08:54 PM   #55
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
This is something from my personal website. I first made it in 1998. Here's what I said about it on my site:

"This is something I threw together one morning when I was rushed for time. I had to get to work and start dinner in the crockpot. I had just bought a new bottle of V-8 Spicey Hot{tm} so it was on my mind when I opened the fridge. This is what happened next!"

Arwen's Bloody Mary Chicken

• 2 chicken breasts (huge suckers)
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 cup V-8 juice (spicy)
  • 3 cloves garlic, chopped
  • dash celery seed
  • 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 4 dashes Tabasco
  • 1 sm can mushrooms, drained
Put it all in the crockpot and stirred it. Set it on low for 6-8 hours. The chicken was incredible! Have rice with it for the gravy this makes! I use breasts on the bone. You can throw a few more in but you will want to increase the V-8 by 1/2 cup per 2 chicken breasts. If you do boneless, skinless, then I'd probably do 2-4 chicken breasts with 1/2 cup of V-8.

And you do need the spicy in my opinion. To complete this, just have a green salad and maybe some cornbread or biscuits.

okay we had this dish tonight and Arwen it was Delicious ty for sharing
The Following User Says Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2010, 10:04 PM   #56
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Slow-Cooker Short Rib Sandwich

Ribs are perfect for the slow cooker because the longer you cook them, the more tender they become.

RIBS
4 lb. beef short ribs
1 medium onion, halved, cut into wedges
1 1/2 cups red wine or nonalcoholic red wine
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
6 crusty hard rolls, split

SAUCE
3/4 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt

1. Place ribs in slow cooker; top with onion wedges.

2. Combine wine, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and 1 teaspoon salt in small bowl; pour over ribs. Cover and cook on low 9 to 12 hours or until meat is very tender and falls away from bones.

3. Meanwhile, combine all sauce ingredients in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate.

4. With tongs or slotted spoon, place ribs and onions in shallow pan; remove bones and fat. Slice or pull meat apart. Moisten meat mixture with cooking juices as desired. Discard remaining cooking juices or reserve for another use. Place meat in rolls; top with sauce.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2010, 01:47 AM   #57
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Default We had this tonight

Black Bean Soup with Mojo
it's a little work after it's cooked, but well worth it.

2 cups (1 pound) dried black beans, picked over and rinsed
4 country-style blade pork ribs (about 2 pounds)
8 cups water
1/4 cup dark rum
1 head garlic, unpeeled, halved horizontally to expose the cloves
1 medium onion, chopped
2 tablespoons kosher salt
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Mojo:
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 4 limes)
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions
Put black beans, pork ribs, water, rum, garlic head halves, onion, salt, bay leaves, oregano, cumin, and crushed red pepper in a slow cooker; cover and cook on LOW until the beans are tender and the meat is falling off the rib bones, about 8 hours.

Remove the ribs from the soup. Using a handheld immersion blender, partially puree the soup until it is creamy but still has some texture from whole beans. (Or puree half the soup in a blender and stir it back into the slow cooker.) Pull the meat from the rib bones, shredding it into large pieces, and stir it into the soup.

Mojo: Put the garlic and olive oil in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave on HIGH until the garlic is golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the lime juice, cilantro, and salt and set aside until ready to serve.

Ladle the soup into warmed bowls and drizzle each serving with some mojo
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2010, 02:21 PM   #58
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation
Default Crock Pot Chicken/Rice Casserole

2 chicken bouillion cubes
2 cups hot water
disolve cubes in the hot water
or
2 cups chicken stock

1/2 cup butter melted
6 oz box Uncle Ben's rice uncooked
small jar of sliced mushrooms
10 oz can of cooked chicken

in the liquid combine all ingredients, including rice seasoning packet in cooker
cover and cook on high for 2 hours or until rice is tender
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2010, 12:06 AM   #59
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Dancer View Post
okay we had this dish tonight and Arwen it was Delicious ty for sharing
Thank you so much for letting me know! I'm really thrilled you enjoyed that!
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 02:00 AM   #60
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Default superbowl sunday menu

Slow Cooker Jambalaya

Make this Cajun/Creole dish as spicy as you like.

Makes: 8 servings

1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
2 medium celery stalks, chopped (1 cup)
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 can (28 ounces) Progresso diced tomatoes, undrained
2 cups chopped fully cooked smoked sausage
1 tablespoon parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper sauce
3/4 pound uncooked peeled deveined medium shrimp, thawed if frozen
4 cups hot cooked rice

1. Mix all ingredients except shrimp and rice in 3 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker.

2. Cover and cook on low heat setting 7 to 8 hours (or high heat setting 3 to 4 hours) or until vegetables are tender.

3. Stir in shrimp. Cover and cook on low heat setting about 1 hour or until shrimp are pink and firm. Serve jambalaya with rice.

Spray the inside of a 1/2-cup measuring cup with cooking spray. For each serving press the hot rice into the cup. Place the cup upside down in the bottom of a bowl, and unmold the rice. Spoon the jambalaya around the mound of rice. Serve with warm crusty French bread.

Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 265 (Calories from Fat 100 ); Total Fat 11 g (Saturated Fat 4 g); Cholesterol 60 mg; Sodium 710 mg; Total Carbohydrate 31 g (Dietary Fiber 2 g); Protein 12 g

Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8 %; Vitamin C 24 %; Calcium 6 %; Iron 16 %

Exchanges: 2 Starch; 1 High-Fat Meat
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post: