Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 10-26-2021, 09:01 PM   #5201
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I've been getting a lot more walking, moving, up on my feet in but nothing much else so tonight I decided to try some sit ups. I completed two, using very poor form and only with great effort. But every journey of a thousand miles begins with blah, blah, blah...
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2021, 08:51 PM   #5202
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm 4 days in now.

My gym has 3 standard ellipticals. I've been trying each one and have learned that the one on the far left is the easiest and gives the most unreliable caloric count. The middle one is the second best and the one on the far right is the one that seems to be the most accurate for the caloric count.

Today, I was on Righty and watched a hiking course through Arizona and New Zealand. Super cool. I also opted to start my intensity at level 8 versus level 4, like I usually do. I definitely felt it more in my hammies and quads than usual. It was good, though.

Elliptical: 45 minutes, 330 calories and 2.67 miles total. What I don't get is that I know I worked harder than previously on the other two ellipticals and I only powered that damn light bulb for one freakin' minute!

Clearly, the other two are more lenient with the energy monitoring too.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2021, 08:47 AM   #5203
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,088 Times in 8,590 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Had a good ride this morning while watching Tiffany Cross. Last week's numbers were:

– rode 25 miles for a total of 1hr 38 min
– did 220 arm rolls

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2021, 11:26 AM   #5204
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Good afternoon, exercisers!

This has been quite the week for me. I pledged to go to the gym every single day and I did that. My start date was 10/24 and I've been every day all the way through today.

My last post was on 10/27 so I'll catch up from that point on.

10/28
Elliptical-461 calories burned, 3.77 miles, 60:01 minutes, 15:56 average pace. I worked at level 8 and powered that imaginary light bulb for 2 minutes!

10/29
Elliptical-148 calories burned, 1.378 miles, 18:00 minutes, 13:06 average pace. Level 8 and I got 2 minutes powering that light bulb....same as the previous day when I was on the machine for an hour! I think it's related more to intensity than time because I knew today was going to be short so I kicked it into high gear and really worked that machine, and myself, hard.

10/30
Elliptical-536 calories burned, 3.74 miles, 65:00 minutes, 17:23 average pace. My heart rate showed up on this one and said it was 137. I worked at level 14 and I powered that damn light bulb for 18 minutes. Hell, yeah! It BETTER recognize my effort!!!

10/31
Elliptical-248 calories burned, 2.00 miles, 35:00 minutes, 17:28 average pace. I worked at level 8 and only got one minute of power for that light bulb but I knew today wouldn't be too stressful since yesterday was killer, I'm not at 100% and I was going to do other stuff today as well.

I also did minutes of ab work, 5 minutes on the rebounder and only 3 minutes on the water rower. I wanted to do more but it apparently needs to be lubricated because it was squeaking/screeching as I slid back and forth and that ruined the experience for me. I had a stroke rate of 24 and went 551 meters.

I'm going to do the same thing this week and see if the usage patterns hold true or if one night was a one off. This will determine what nights I go going forward because I do NOT like a lot of people there. I'm always the only person with a mask and I do get it. My state has a very high vaccination rate but I've seen what can happen if someone does get COVID...the residual issues...plus I work with an 81 year old man with health issues. I don't want to get sick for myself and I don't want to bring anything to him.

There are two machines that I simply cannot wear a mask on and that is the treadmill and the water rower. They require too much of an oxygen draw for me and I feel like I'm suffocating, which in addition to just plain not being fun is a trigger for me so nope...not doing that.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2021, 07:07 AM   #5205
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Good on you, Gemme! Glad you had a good week.

I had a nice ride this morning while listening to a podcast and watching the sun trying to burst through the clouds. Last weeks numbers are:

– Rode 30 miles for 2hr 27m
– 210 arm rolls

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2021, 09:12 PM   #5206
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I was going to go straight through to this Sunday as well but opted not to go to the gym last night. Fridays are very difficult for me to get there, get my errands done, get home and eat and go to bed at a decent hour because work starts earlier on Saturdays.

November 1: 231 cal, 1.88 mi, 35:01 min, 18:35 avg pace, level 8, 1 minute
November 2: 201 cal, 1.65 mi, 30:00 min, 18:12 avg pace, level 8, 1 minute
November 3: 260 cal, 2.16 mi, 35:01 min, 16:13 avg pace, level 8, 1 minute
November 4: 254 cal, 2.06 mi, 35:00 min, 16:58 avg pace, level 8, 1 minute
November 5: squats, walking
November 6: 380 cal, 2.70 mi, 45:01 min, 16:39 avg pace, level 12, 13 minutes!!!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2021, 11:28 AM   #5207
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Good morning, exercisers!

I hope everyone took advantage of the extra hour of sleep. I know that I did. I got a full night's sleep, woke up just before the alarm and was well rested when I rolled out of my warm and cozy bed.

I took care of the kitties and then I took care of myself.

November 7: 533 calories, 3.71 miles, 65:00 minutes, 17:31 average pace, level 12, 12 minutes of power generated for those fictional light bulbs.

It's definitely the intensity that drives that light bulb figure up. I was on the elliptical longer today but as you can in the difference between yesterday and today's average paces, I pushed a wee bit harder yesterday and that made the difference.

It was definitely a good workout and I even got a few minutes on the rebounder afterwards. I used a light ball...6lbs...and started with a count of 3 and then took a step back and completed a count of 4, another step back and did a count of 5...you see where this going...until I got to a count of 9. Any farther back and I risked losing control of the ball and it hitting someone on the floor so I just moved back in and then out again, adjusting my count each time. The rebounder is good for the triceps and somewhere along the line mine got all jiggly so they need all the help they can get.

Happy Daylight Savings Time and a very happy Sunday to you all!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2021, 10:31 AM   #5208
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Had a nice ride this morning while watching John Oliver. This week I:

– rode 30 miles in 2hrs
– 350 arm rolls

Am scheduled for knee surgery in mid Jan and want to ride bike as much as possible till then and lose a few more pounds.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2021, 12:27 PM   #5209
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Well, my little experiment is over. I've decided that Fridays are a no go, no matter what, as Saturday is an early work day for me. Saturdays, Sundays and Tuesdays are definite go days and Monday, Wednesday and Thursdays will depend on how I feel. This week, however, does not reflect that schedule as I've been battling migraines off and on all week.

I've opted to continue to go at night, except Sundays since I'm off that day. Going at night gives me a bit of a caloric burn when I am my most sedentary so that will work out beautifully.

This week's stats:

November 8: 269 calories, 1.96 miles, 35:00 minutes, 17:48 average pace, level 12, 2 minutes of generated power

November 11: 278 calories, 2.03 miles, 35:00 minutes, 17:11 average pace, level 12, 6 minutes of generated power

November 14: 510 calories, 3.74 miles, 65:00 minutes, 17:22 average pace, level 12, 5 minutes of generated power

Today's workout was on Cennie. The other two were on Righty. It definitely makes a difference.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 11-20-2021, 09:53 AM   #5210
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Had a half-hearted ride this morning. My energy is low from a restless sleep. It really was a lazy ride. Had much better rides last week:

– Rode 30 miles in 2hr 1minute
– Did 390 arm rolls

Hoping everyone is doing well.

Old 11-21-2021, 06:10 PM   #5211
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

I went to a rock climbing/bouldering gym with some friends today. This is my second time, and I'm not doing badly at all. My friends go every Sunday, and often several other times a week. It was super fun!

I have to add, one of my group is about 50, so I have almost 10 years on her. Other than that, I appeared to be older than every single other person who was climbing by AT LEAST two decades. It's so weird to be the oldest person.
Old 11-24-2021, 04:06 PM   #5212
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

November 15: 496 calories, 3.57 miles, 65:00 minutes, 18:12 average pace, level 12 and 4 minutes of power generated.

November 18: 455 calories, 3.67 miles, 65:00 minutes, 17:43 average pace, level 12 and 3 minutes of power generated.

November 20: 603 calories, 4.21 miles, 65:00 minutes, 15:25 average pace, level 12 plus some bumps and 50 minutes of power generated.

November 21: 534 calories, 3.80 miles, 65:00 minutes, 17:05 average pace, level 12 and 8 minutes of power generated.

I've missed a couple of planned workout days but did a full hour for all of those that I made so it all comes out in the wash, I suppose. As you can see, I KICKED ASS on the 20th!!! That is not a typo. I did, indeed, generate nearly an hour of power for that damn light bulb. I was sweatin' something fierce too. That was a really good workout day. The others are good too but that one really worked me hard so I'm happy about that.

I'm hoping to get in something tonight and the following two days as well. I don't think I'll do an hour tonight but I should for Turkey Day and Black Friday. The one place I won't expect to see people is at the gym then.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 11-27-2021, 08:14 AM   #5213
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Had a good ride this morning while watching the snow come down. It was an okay week for riding ... could have done better. There's always next time.

– rode 20 miles in 1hr 15m
– did 240 arm rolls

Will start doing knee exercises next week.

Old 11-27-2021, 04:48 PM   #5214
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

None. It's the holidays. LOL, don't any of you ever rest?
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2021, 06:10 PM   #5215
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
Yep. Any day that I feel physically drained or run down or that something is not quite right, I don't go...even if it's a planned day. Gotta listen to your body. I was planning on going Friday but I didn't get my car out of the shop until late and by then, I was feeling like I was dragging so I opted to eat a light dinner and go to bed a bit earlier then get back to work on Saturday, which I did.

November 24: 410 calories, 2.94 miles, 45:00 minutes, 15:18 average pace, level 12 and 27 minutes of power generated for that fictional light bulb. It also showed me an average heart rate of 170. I wouldn't put much stock in that, though, since all of the ellipticals blink in and out on the heart rate monitoring, but this was a very good workout for me.

November 25: 487 calories, 3.43 miles, 60:01 minutes, 17:28 average pace, level 12 and 9 minutes of power generated for the light bulb. Happy Turkey Day! Whenever I cut the machine off before the full and hour has passed, I'm usually good about getting it exact but I was a wee bit slow this time.

November 28: 505 calories, 3.48 miles, 65:00 minutes, 18:41 average pace, level 12 and 5 minutes of power generated for the light bulb. I didn't push myself today as I was still a bit eh from yesterday but I did do the full hour plus cool down.

I found out my bestie here and I are the exact same weight today but when we stand next to one another, I look 30-40lbs heavier than her, easily. Just goes to show that the scale is fine for an estimate but it's the ratio of fat to muscle that really makes the difference.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 11-28-2021, 08:11 PM   #5216
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
Shhoooot, I just worked a ten day stretch. Getting lots of floor action (walking, dancing, strolling) at work. My right hip and knee dont like me right now, but I keep going. I am averaging about 13 to 14 thousand steps a day at work. I get home from work and shoes come off and legs get elevated.

No time to be going to a gym because I feel like work is just like going to a gym. *lol*

Hope you all had a great holiday.
Stay safe, ok?

Cheers,
--K.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2021, 08:39 PM   #5217
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I'm with you, Katz. No gym for me today. My pedometer is sitting at 15,740 steps right now. I'll get plenty more before bed because I turn the music on and boogie before I go to sleep. Plus, I'm a wee bit under the weather so I need to keep an eye on that so it doesn't turn into something unfortunate.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 12-04-2021, 09:02 AM   #5218
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Had a good ride this morning and this week while listening to Nikole Hannah-Jones.

– Rode 35 miles in 2hrs 10m
– 550 arm rolls

I kicked it up a notch this week in speed and arm rolls. I'll see if I can keep up the momentum.

The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2021, 08:40 PM   #5219
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I haven't worked out since the 28th due to a sinus infection but I feel okay tonight so if I still feel good tomorrow, I'll hit the gym in the morning.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:47 PM   #5220
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Good evening and Happy Saturday

Today I logged 15,556 steps and earned an Urban Boot Badge by fitbit. My goal is to inch up to 20k+ steps a day and continue this amount of steps daily. I burned more than 4k calories, but I have only consumed maybe 1800 calories. My fitbit noted that I stayed in the 'burn zone' for 8 hrs, nearly all day at work.

I am losing weight by increasing my steps and keeping my portions of food to a brisk minimum.

The only drawback is that I still have hip and knee injury fallout, and oh, I upped my intake of magnesium to help aid in reducing the unforgiving charley-horse cramps I endure some nights.

I am getting better at increasing my step count, which I think is helping me a lot.

Keep moving. That is my motto, lately.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights