Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 09-20-2013, 06:39 PM   #901
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Tonight was a nice and easy night. No sweat. Literally. I opted for a low key but long workout with the goal of slow burning my fuel.

65 minutes on the treadmill. Random program, levels 1-4. 269 calories. 3.04 miles.

I was also breaking in new shoes, so I didn't want to go crazy and wind up with blisters.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2013, 06:19 AM   #902
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Tonight was a nice and easy night. No sweat. Literally. I opted for a low key but long workout with the goal of slow burning my fuel.

65 minutes on the treadmill. Random program, levels 1-4. 269 calories. 3.04 miles.

I was also breaking in new shoes, so I didn't want to go crazy and wind up with blisters.
The other ones never worked out? That stinks.

I solved my shoe problems by just never using the treadmill again (sticking with the eliptical).

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2013, 08:05 AM   #903
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Going hiking!
Old 09-21-2013, 01:49 PM   #904
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
The other ones never worked out? That stinks.

I solved my shoe problems by just never using the treadmill again (sticking with the eliptical).
Quite the contrary, actually. They are great. I just don't want to take them with me to the Reunion, in case luggage is lost, etc.

They are just more expensive to replace than the ones I'm breaking in.

I had planned to do a big ole workout today and I'm just not sure if it's going to happen. My errands put me back terribly and I just finished eating, so we'll see how it goes.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2013, 07:32 PM   #905
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Quite the contrary, actually. They are great. I just don't want to take them with me to the Reunion, in case luggage is lost, etc.

They are just more expensive to replace than the ones I'm breaking in.

I had planned to do a big ole workout today and I'm just not sure if it's going to happen. My errands put me back terribly and I just finished eating, so we'll see how it goes.
Oh, ok. Makes sense. Smart!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2013, 07:48 PM   #906
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I did an hour on the Arc Trainer, Strength Program, Level 10, while watching the Hip Hop Shop countdown (Lil Wayne) and Teen Moms. Then I did 30 minutes of weight lifting and yoga in front of a window with sun pouring in. It felt so good to stretch in the sun. Then tonight, out with 0222good (a fellow exerciser here), we did ten seconds of jogging together .

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2013, 08:31 PM   #907
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,620 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

A couple of years ago I got hurt and had to stop my usual workout. I got turned onto deep water running during that period and it was a surprise how effective it is. Usually I don't think much of water aerobics, no offense to anyone who likes them, I just don't. Swimming is pretty good but when I do it in a pool I always end up getting cold and for some reason I end up eating more than I planned so it's okay for exercise a couple of times a week, but not something I would do every day. Except of course in the summer when I can do it in the ocean. Or at least I could when I lived near an ocean. Anyway I found deep water running to be more of a cardio workout than I imagined it would be. You can get your heart pumping and it's quite low impact. I took to it like a duck to water so to speak and I'm really quite good at it. I'm quite buoyant so no problem staying upright in the water. It's simply running in water that is deep enough so your feet don't touch bottom. I have been having a bit of trouble with my knee and stairs lately so I've decided to go back to this fairly impact free but challenging workout starting tomorrow. Or maybe Monday. I might just do a little walking tomorrow and rest. But Monday for sure. Wish me luck.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2013, 09:24 PM   #908
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,916 Times in 733 Posts
Metro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Earlier this week I put a pair of new walking shoes into use – but forgot to soften up the heel cups before the maiden voyage. Argh!

Heels better as of today.... Won't make that mistake again.
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Metro For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2013, 05:24 AM   #909
Daktari

Default Boogie Nights!

I knew I needed to get some negative energy out in a positive way.
Was gonna ask mates to go out on gay scene dancing
Chose instead to go to a fellowship unity day which would culminate in dancing.

Can't beat a bit of hot, sweaty boogieing to make ya feel free again!

Sadly my lift was leaving earlier than I would have liked but hey, I ain't gonna complain, I got to dance!! and met the purtiest gal who didn't stop checking me out...I'm sure my HP is having a joke with me.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #910
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Good morning, exercisers!

I did wind up going to the gym last night but it was a bit rushed as I forgot it was the weekend and they close at 7pm, but I did get a workout in and I'm glad for it.

I did 10 minutes on the treadmill, warming up, then moved to work my upper body. I shortened both the reps and the sets, only doing 10 reps and 2 sets, but I did try to use a little heavier weight than I normally would to try and balance things out. That was followed by some ab work. I finished with 30 minutes on the treadmill, walking at a good clip and at a slight incline.

All in all, about 202 calories, 2.07 miles.

I'm going to head out to the gym after work today and will work my lower body and try to get some more time with the Beast in.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:21 PM   #911
batennisboy

How Do You Identify?:
Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
In love with the fuzzy yellow objects of my affection.

batennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputation

It was a bit of a struggle on court today. Think it was not having any court or gym time at all this past week to let the ankle get better. But ankle is all better and is fine after practice today...should be able to resume all activities next week. Will have to get in at least one hit session during the week and a light one before the match. Getting hurt sucks but is the reality of playing sports. Sigh, the ups and downs of it all.
batennisboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to batennisboy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2013, 04:39 AM   #912
lusciouskiwi

How Do You Identify?:
femme lesbian feminist
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything except for "aunty"
Relationship Status:
Happy with my butch.

Thanked 9,096 Times in 1,899 Posts
lusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tick View Post
A couple of years ago I got hurt and had to stop my usual workout. I got turned onto deep water running during that period and it was a surprise how effective it is.
Good luck. It sounds wonderful. I wish I could do that but I'm scared of water and when I read about "deep enough so that your feet don't touch the bottom" I was all "hell no!"

Posting this for a giggle.

Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinions of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth. Katherine Mansfield

Motivate yourself or be miserable. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. Wayne Dyer
lusciouskiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lusciouskiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2013, 05:18 AM   #913
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

This is SO my dog! He does the same thing when I am doing crunches or anything on the floor.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2013, 05:26 AM   #914
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I forgot to mention before but after I came back from the gym Saturday night, I jogged/walked around my property for another 20 minutes or so. It was such a lovely night and not quite dark yet. It was the perfect temp and there was a light breeze blowing, plus what I created by my own resistance. I couldn't resist and I loved it. I had my hair down and my music on and it reminded me of how I used to feel when I was kid, running around. That was a pretty wonderful moment.

Yesterday I got to the gym after work and found out their water fountains (bubblers, here) were not working, so they comp'd me a bottle of water. Nice. I did my 15 minute warm up and worked my lower body and abs and then I went onto the Beast for 30 minutes. Not sure if it was the time of day and having worked earlier or if I was just asking a bit too much of my body but my time on the Beast was a real struggle. It felt harder than usual to come up with my usual stats, so I might let tonight go. Not sure. I'll see how I feel after work today.

Yesterday: 390 cal, 2.37 mi

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:31 AM   #915
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

If you do it right, cooking is a lot of exercise: Lifting, crouching—slicing a spaghetti squash, I have to really put my back into it!
Old 09-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #916
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Last friday I was lucky enough to be able to go up to a favorite place of mine in the woods and sit in hot springs. I walked almost 5 miles of mountain-side terrain on my woodland outting. Being out in the forest brings such a peace to my heart and soul.

Anyway, a few things to share about my woodland excursion:
a) I'm sometimes not too bright when it comes to making sure I'm watching out for my own health needs, while hiking in the forest, because I wore a pair of new shoes (my free thriftstore find of the century! *lol*) and because the shoes fit loosely, I felt I didn't need to wear any socks. Well, my feet swelled to the high heavens and it wasn't until I was all the way up to the hot springs that I felt the heel on my right foot, swearing up a storm at me (it was bleeding). I ended up walking with my shoes not on properly and thus, my feet and legs paid a lovely price for me not thinking about the need to wear socks.

b) Aside from that, I noticed the next day that the levi's I wore fit a bit looser than before.

c) I have no idea how many calories I burned off with my exploits in the forest, but I was hungry after my day in the woods, even though I had plenty of granola and bottles of water for my hike in the woods. I think that my levi's fitting looser and muscles in my body not being used like that, in a while, not only made me feel better, but made the pain of hurting my foot and muscles not such a big deal (this time).
Also, just to say that I don't always make getting out to exercise a daily experience, but I am working on making exercise a part of my life on a regular basis. I really enjoy reading about the work out experiences that members have been sharing. I am inspired by your stories and feel led to lead by your example in my own life.

*Cheers, to all of you!*

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #917
Daktari

8-10miles ride yesterday with a fellowship gal-friend

Probably about the same today with all the running around I've done, not least getting m'self to an F&E meeting in the middle of some estate, somewhere in South Blackpool.

After an evening dancing on Saturday too I iz one very tired Dak. A couple of real early nights should help.

Probably burnt off a sausage or two
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2013, 04:21 PM   #918
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Welcome to the thread, Katzchen!

So, I am working out at home on a pretty regular basis now instead of the gym. My one friend's husband finally got a job (thankfully), so she has to go home directly after work to watch the kid since he works evenings. The other woman's job is getting more demanding and she is having evening meetings. On the days that she is able to go to the gym, she prefers the classes.

So, it is me on my eliptical at home while the dog hides cause he knows he is next (not really...well, kind of).

I have started using my Bowflex again, after many years of it just sitting there. I am really trying to do some upper body stuff.

Anyway, today was the usual 45 minute eliptical, 3.71 miles, 510 Gemme calories.

ETA: Gemme, it sounds like your body is telling you it needs a break. It really may be a good idea to take a day off. Then you will come back even stronger!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #919
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,620 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
My one friend's husband finally got a job
When I read this I was like aw, don't say that, that's not true. But then i realized you are talking about people you used to work out with and not saying you only have the one friend. Sometimes my reading comprehension skills are a little lacking.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2013, 04:58 PM   #920
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tick View Post
When I read this I was like aw, don't say that, that's not true. But then i realized you are talking about people you used to work out with and not saying you only have the one friend. Sometimes my reading comprehension skills are a little lacking.
Actually, I'm pretty sure mine was grammatically incorrect.

No really, it's me, not you...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights