Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 06-27-2015, 12:02 AM   #1601
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,783 Times in 4,470 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2015, 12:06 AM   #1602
CherryWine

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme

Thanked 10,084 Times in 2,186 Posts
CherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
The White House has never been so beautiful. Who woulda thunk?
CherryWine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to CherryWine For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2015, 12:07 AM   #1603
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,783 Times in 4,470 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

It seriously brought tears to my eyes. Unbelievable.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2015, 01:02 AM   #1604
~SweetCheeks~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-babygirl-brat
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Justin's babygirl

Thanked 3,254 Times in 646 Posts
~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation

Still feeling pretty damn happy about this.
~SweetCheeks~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ~SweetCheeks~ For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2015, 01:28 AM   #1605
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

jools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Congrats to everyone in USA

Just want to say that this is great news.
And I hope that when the 3 weeks is up that the decision stays the same.
I can't see them reversing it.
We in the Uk have been able to marry for some time now, and it really does make you realise how lucky you are to have that choice.
I wish the USA Happy days ahead,.
Long live love and equality.
jools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to jools66 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2015, 06:28 AM   #1606
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,249 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

Good news! But i live in texas and i know that homophobia will not disappear with a few pen strokes...that being said i hope our nation and individual states will continue to move forward a maybe one day we will all look back and see our own ignorance

cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2015, 06:29 AM   #1607
flapdoodle

How Do You Identify?:
I'm the Mrs.
Preferred Pronoun?:
reflexive
Relationship Status:
Married in 2013

flapdoodle Has the BEST Reputationflapdoodle Has the BEST Reputationflapdoodle Has the BEST Reputationflapdoodle Has the BEST Reputationflapdoodle Has the BEST Reputationflapdoodle Has the BEST Reputationflapdoodle Has the BEST Reputationflapdoodle Has the BEST Reputationflapdoodle Has the BEST Reputationflapdoodle Has the BEST Reputationflapdoodle Has the BEST Reputation
Default finally

since married in 2013 I have had to carry our health care proxy and our marriage license with me, and so has J, to prove we were in fact married in a state that recognized it.

Now I can downsize to a new handbag, I will find any excuse to shop, really!

Congrats to those that helped make this decision possible and Congrats to those who will enjoy the freedom in the future, it's darn good to be equal

my life, now, is actually pure BLISS
flapdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to flapdoodle For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2015, 08:59 AM   #1608
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Marriage Equality??

I was thinking.....

How do you all feel about petitioning Medusa and Jack, and asking to have this thread renamed "Marriage Equality" ?

The term "same-sex marriage" has bothered me for a very long time, as all we wanted, and what we finally have, is "Marriage Equality"... not something different, just a marriage like anyone else we know.

Anyway...
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2015, 11:26 PM   #1609
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

Just remember, y'all, that we ain't done yet with all the fighting for our rights that needs to be done. It is still perfectly legal, in many areas to refuse or throw us out of housing, and jobs, right now.
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2015, 12:03 AM   #1610
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeest View Post
Just remember, y'all, that we ain't done yet with all the fighting for our rights that needs to be done. It is still perfectly legal, in many areas to refuse or throw us out of housing, and jobs, right now.
There is much to be done...but for a couple of days i am going to sit here with a huge smile on my face and feel good about the progress we HAVE made.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2015, 07:02 AM   #1611
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Texas AG: County workers don’t have to issue same-sex marriage licenses

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton (R) on Sunday advised county clerks, magistrates and others who have religious objections to same-sex marriage that they may opt out of providing services to same-sex couples seeking marriage licenses.

Calling the Supreme Court’s ruling Friday allowing same-sex unions nationally a “lawless decision,” Paxton said that his guidance was necessary to protect the religious liberties of hundreds of local officials whose job it is it issue marriage licenses.

“We find that although it fabricated a new constitutional right in 2015, the Supreme Court did not diminish, overrule, or call into question the First Amendment rights to free exercise of religion that formed the first freedom in the Bill of Rights,” he said in a statement.

The opinion offered a hint of the resistance that is likely to delay or otherwise hamper same-sex marriages in many of the 14 states that before Friday’s ruling did not permit gay couples to wed.

In particular, opponents have stressed the necessity to protect people of faith from being forced to condone or participate in a same-sex ceremony. Gay rights groups have called these efforts discrimination under the guise of religious liberties.

The opinion immediately drew criticism from gay rights groups, which said it was not legally sound. They also plan to press their case in Mississippi and Louisiana, which have held back broadly on providing marriage licenses to same-sex couples.

“Public officials have no constitutional or statutory right to discriminate in providing public services,” said Shannon Minter, legal director for the National Center for Lesbian Rights. “This opinion is wrong on the law, and it does a disservice to officials who need clear, reliable guidance about their duty to follow the law and to provide marriage licenses to all qualified couples.”

In his opinion, Paxton acknowledges the legal vulnerability for local officials who decline to help gay couples. He suggests that clerks and others who do not want to issue same-sex marriage licenses because of “sincerely held” religious beliefs delegate that responsibility to others. But in cases where no official is available to assist gay couples, they could face lawsuits.

“But, numerous lawyers stand ready to assist clerks defending their religious beliefs, in many cases on a pro-bono basis, and I will do everything I can from this office to be a public voice for those standing in defense of their rights,” he said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...s=rss_national

------------------------

Legal victory. Implementation hurdles.
Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2015, 11:28 AM   #1612
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums
Default Finally all 50!

Louisianna and Mississippi began issuing marriage licenses today...they were the only hold-outs on Friday, saying they would wait until their stays from the lower courts were lifted, or in the case of Louisianna, they were waiting until the 3 weeks were exhausted.

After the ruling Friday, Puerto Rico also said they will change their law and comply, but I'm not certain as to when marriages can take place.

There will be areas where we meet resistance, and more than a few lawsuits, but today we have marriages in all 50 states!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2015, 11:38 AM   #1613
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums
Default Colombia

A top Cabinet Minister in Colombia has opened a petition to allow marriage equality and same-sex adoption in his country.

It is widely believed that the SCOTUS decision will push additional countries to grant marriage rights for all citizens. And...maybe in others they will be held accountable for the killings of their people for being gay.

We can dream, right?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2015, 11:49 AM   #1614
CherryWine

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme

Thanked 10,084 Times in 2,186 Posts
CherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton (R) on Sunday advised county clerks, magistrates and others who have religious objections to same-sex marriage that they may opt out of providing services to same-sex couples seeking marriage licenses.
How about...don't be in the business of issuing marriage licenses if you have this prejudice.

Ya think drinking is a sin? Don't be a bartender.
CherryWine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CherryWine For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2015, 12:06 PM   #1615
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryWine View Post
How about...don't be in the business of issuing marriage licenses if you have this prejudice.

Ya think drinking is a sin? Don't be a bartender.

I hear ya.

When I first read it my thought was....can he do that?

My second thought was the Jim Crow laws and how they were used to perpetuate segregation and discrimination up til the mid 60's, and the way the powers that be have been working to circumvent Roe vs Wade over the past few years.

Differing opinions, especially those couch under the guise of "sincerely held" religious beliefs makes for bumpy roads in freedom and progress.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2015, 10:02 AM   #1616
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

jools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputation
Default texas wtf

hi everyone,
was totally shocked to see about this business in texas.
they should be ashamed of themselves.
if its the law, its the law.
i know they say its not law binding there.
i wouldnt like to live in texas right now.
there must be so many disappointed ppl, who just wanna get married but fear that onesome will say "no you cant" just because they believe otherwise.
the sooner they get this clause out the better
jools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jools66 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2015, 01:24 AM   #1617
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

Let's hope that the Supreme Court finds the Texas Attorney General to be in contempt of court and sends him to a federal jail for a while. I especially enjoy his use of the term 'we' in writing his opinion. Since when is he of royal blood, much less a king or a queen. Those are the only two types of people that it is appropriate for them to use the term 'we', when speaking.

On another matter, even after we stop all the legal discrimination against us, we still need to find a way to overcome the prejudice against being GLBT. If I recall the statistics correctly, only about 10% of the population is GLBT, yet about 40% of the children living on the streets are GLBT. They have been thrown out, or forced out of their homes,. due to the bigotry and hatred that we face. Perhaps, one day, this will end. I truly hope that, preferably soon, a child that has been thrown out of their home, due to this, files a lawsuit against their parents seeking child support.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2015, 09:28 AM   #1618
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

The US Angican Church (episcopalians) will be voting today on whether to sation same-sex marriages in the Church.

The Church i attend has been allowed to do so for several years...it was up to the area Bischop.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2015, 11:20 AM   #1619
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
The US Angican Church (episcopalians) will be voting today on whether to sation same-sex marriages in the Church.

The Church i attend has been allowed to do so for several years...it was up to the area Bischop.
Just when you think you have edited all you can...sanction is the word.

And...i am not completely, okay I'm wrong...it's been a tough morning.

Same-sex marriage or the blessing of same-sex unions, has been available in the Episcopal Church for approx 20 years! What is being votedon today is the language used during the Litany...in reference to he/she, he/he, she/she. The vote will be to make the language all the same and remove references to gender, or to make several variations available as a couple chooses.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2015, 02:21 PM   #1620
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Hey, that is ok. Hang in there! Besides, this proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are not simply another computer. After all, computers don't make mistakes! :P I hope that the rest of your day goes better. Hugs
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post: