Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > MEMBER NEWS, ANNOUNCEMENTS, EVENTS > Anniversaries

Old 07-06-2011, 10:10 AM   #1
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation
Default Three years ago today....

Three years ago today I had a tumour removed from my right lung. At the time I was told that the five-year survival rate for lung cancer was five percent. I was told that the tumour seemed intact (all 3.5cms of it) and that as a non-smoker the prognosis was very good (non-smokers tend to form less aggressive types of lung cancer).

So three years later here I am. I've learned a lot, I found the courage to reach out and connect with somebody, fell deeply in love and the future looks very bright indeed.

Just short of preaching, I want to encourage each and every one of you to do whatever you can to reduce your risk of cancer. We all know what to do and not do. This time of the year sunscreen is SO important. I know quitting the smokie treats is a hard one, but I've lost so many people......I can't help but have my own wish for you-all (including my own Sweetie). Cancer is responsible for ONE THIRD of all deaths. We can beat it!

This is my home, you are my family. I'm expecting to beat the five-year stats. I want all of you to be there too. My joy at my own good outcome is severely dampened by all those who have lost the battle. Please take care of yourselves.

Sue
Old 07-06-2011, 10:29 AM   #2
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,686 Times in 1,608 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Congrats to you on your three year anniversary!!!

We all need a reminder every now & then to take care of ourselves so thanks for reminding us!!! I watched my grandfather die from lung cancer when I was 14 and never picked up the smoking habit. As far as the sun, we have a love/hate relationship-I love it and it hates me. My skin is so pale that even a touch of unprotected time in the sun could leave me burned. Besides, I keep telling myself that my suncreen, sunglasses, etc are my way to fight "showing my age." I guess only time will tell-lol.

Again, happy anniversary. May you have many, many, many more to come!!!

Old 07-06-2011, 10:31 AM   #3
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by suebee View Post
Three years ago today I had a tumour removed from my right lung. At the time I was told that the five-year survival rate for lung cancer was five percent. I was told that the tumour seemed intact (all 3.5cms of it) and that as a non-smoker the prognosis was very good (non-smokers tend to form less aggressive types of lung cancer).

So three years later here I am. I've learned a lot, I found the courage to reach out and connect with somebody, fell deeply in love and the future looks very bright indeed.

Just short of preaching, I want to encourage each and every one of you to do whatever you can to reduce your risk of cancer. We all know what to do and not do. This time of the year sunscreen is SO important. I know quitting the smokie treats is a hard one, but I've lost so many people......I can't help but have my own wish for you-all (including my own Sweetie). Cancer is responsible for ONE THIRD of all deaths. We can beat it!

This is my home, you are my family. I'm expecting to beat the five-year stats. I want all of you to be there too. My joy at my own good outcome is severely dampened by all those who have lost the battle. Please take care of yourselves.

Sue
What a blessing, Sue! I'm happy to hear your good news and, as a community member, am grateful for your fighting spirit.

I stand with you in the hope that we'll all do what we can to make our time here long and rich. After all, we bug the hell out of so many people...why not continue to stick it to 'em for years and years and years!!!!!!??!!!!
Old 07-06-2011, 10:43 AM   #4
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Red face To many more cancer free years!

Happy Anniversary Sue!! Thank you for your message and I know 10 years from now I'll still be reading you here and about doggies and kitties on your FB you're one hella strong woman!!! (((((((Sue)))))))
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 11:30 AM   #5
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

congrads Ms Suebee

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 11:42 AM   #6
DomnNC
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

Thanked 2,582 Times in 837 Posts
DomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST Reputation

Congrats Suebee and as the tv commercial says, Happy Birthday to you! I'm sure with your drive and committment you'll beat that 5 year marker.
DomnNC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DomnNC For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 11:50 AM   #7
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,159 Times in 3,632 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Sue... Happy Three Years to You!
May each day bring you a new breath of fresh air and peace surrounding you and yours.

Julie

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 12:10 PM   #8
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,086 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

Sue... Happiest of Anniversaries to you!

May you have continued good health & happiness surrounding you and yours!
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:12 PM   #9
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Happy Anniversary!

I love when we are given a grim prognosis and we prove it wrong.

I was supposed to be on an Iron Lung at 40. HAH!

I stumble along with my lungs but no where near an iron lung!

Congrats.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 12:14 PM   #10
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

This is a beautiful thing.

I wish you MANY more cancer free years!!!

Congrats!!!
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 12:41 PM   #11
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

What a wonderful milestone! Congratulations to you!
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 05:16 PM   #12
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks everybody for the messages and reps. I'm the only lung cancer survivor I know, so I'm feeling pretty darned lucky.
Sue
Old 07-06-2011, 05:27 PM   #13
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,259 Times in 1,362 Posts
deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

Suebee,

Your fight is truly an inspiration.
Congratulations on your 3 years cancer free!!!!

Hugs,

Debby
deb_U_taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 05:39 PM   #14
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Congrats on your 3 year anniversary!

I hear you about the 5 year deal (the same has been said for my colon cancer), but I know that the 2 year mark is pretty darn significant too, and you are already one year past that! :-)

I concur on the quitting smoking deal...sooner rather than later...my father got lung cancer this past year after 26 years of NOT smoking. But, he smoked for around that many years before he quit.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 05:41 PM   #15
PaPa

How Do You Identify?:
GQ Butch Daddy
Relationship Status:
A Very Protective BIG Daddy...

Thanked 5,873 Times in 1,530 Posts
PaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST Reputation

Sue,

Congrats on your anniversary - It is a milestone indeed!! I am sure you will make it well beyond the five year marker they predicted. Your determination and strong will play a large role in that. We all need reminders occasionally to keep things real in our own lives. I, as a 30 year smoker, have tried to give up the habit numerous times only to have returned time and again. I remember back to the beginning thinking that addiction could not happen to me...well, I still have the ability to quit and know that someday I will. Right now there are other pressing medical issues at the forefront. Congrats once again on your success. I look forward to reading many more of your posts in the future - both near and distant.

Paul
PaPa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PaPa For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 06:01 PM   #16
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up YAY! 3 Years!

Sue,

I am so very thrilled for you! Congrats!

Much love and peace,
Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 06:46 PM   #17
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Congratulations suebee!

Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post: