Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > Illinois Forums

Old 08-13-2019, 07:13 PM   #41
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
We will be moving back to the MW within the year, wish we could find a North area that's both affordable on Social Security and safe. Would be nice to buy a house/condo in Evanston or Skokie or where I was going to...John Hancock bldg. Those dreams ended when I lost my entire inheritance in the 2008 crash.

So, now we are probably looking in WI. At least we won't have to deal with those extra taxes for living in the city. We are still looking in my beloved city. Picky, though, needs to be within walking distance of the lake, on a N/S train, and the two aforementioned requirements. Don't want much, do I? Lol. Oak St.would be great...oh, yeah no money.
Will keep looking, maybe Buena Vista. They have really done wonders there. I lived there when the cockroaches outnumbered the people about 30:1 during college.

I moved from Logan Square when the drive bys were right next to my coach house. I reside in Bartlett right now, but my friend is putting her town house on the market in the next month or 2 after being in it 24 years. Bartlett is a wonderful town to live in. I'm a 3 block walk to to the Metra train that goes downtown. I believe I'm heading out to Minneapolis for the next year and a half. If you choose WI, look in Milwaukee. Amtrak is a 90 minute ride to Chicago.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 12:25 AM   #42
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post

I moved from Logan Square when the drive bys were right next to my coach house. I reside in Bartlett right now, but my friend is putting her town house on the market in the next month or 2 after being in it 24 years. Bartlett is a wonderful town to live in. I'm a 3 block walk to to the Metra train that goes downtown. I believe I'm heading out to Minneapolis for the next year and a half. If you choose WI, look in Milwaukee. Amtrak is a 90 minute ride to Chicago.
The last time we lived in the MW was in Milwaukee. It's a nice city. Last place was in Brown Deer (western Milw 'burb). Both of us miss the Midwest. We're thinking hard about Milwaukee.

That Amtrak, oh yeah. Remember taking the train up from Chgo when going for my boards in 1983. That train and I are besties.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2019, 05:42 AM   #43
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
The last time we lived in the MW was in Milwaukee. It's a nice city. Last place was in Brown Deer (western Milw 'burb). Both of us miss the Midwest. We're thinking hard about Milwaukee.

That Amtrak, oh yeah. Remember taking the train up from Chgo when going for my boards in 1983. That train and I are besties.
The train has been updated with a few more stops in-between, one being Mitchell Field just on the south outskirt of Milwaukee!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 09:23 PM   #44
mountainbikedyke

How Do You Identify?:
Masculine Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

mountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputation

Can’t believe there aren’t more Chicagoans on here.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:24 AM   #45
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Grew up a Hoosier but consider myself a Chicagoan (lived there several times over past 40 years). I call Chicago home.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2019, 04:08 AM   #46
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/Hers...please no male ID..it's insulting
Relationship Status:
settled and content

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,574 Posts
RebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST Reputation

I have only not been a Chicagoan for mmmm barely over 2 years

I have met a lot of chicago people here
RebelDyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 06:13 AM   #47
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

~~
My wish is to be a Chicagoan at some point in my life....
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2019, 07:48 AM   #48
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainbikedyke View Post
Can’t believe there aren’t more Chicagoans on here.

What's new around the Windy City these days? Got any tips for us all?
Old 10-27-2019, 08:38 AM   #49
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default A couple reminders if you're going to be in Chicago...

Chicago's Thanksgiving Parade 8 a.m State from Congress to Randolph.

2019 Chicago Toy & Game Fair Nov 23rd Navy Pier Festival Hall A & B

840 East Grand Avenue.
Old 12-21-2019, 06:43 AM   #50
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default In Chicago with nothing to do?

Perhaps you still have time to, capture the sunrise on 2019's shortest day from 1,030 feet above Chicago. 360 CHICAGO Observation Deck is hosting their fourth-annual Winter Solstice InstaMeet on December 21st.

Your ticket grants you exclusive early access to the observation deck and TILT (both normally open at 9 AM) PLUS readmission throughout the day. Come back for sunset! Tripods are allowed ad encouraged!
Old 12-30-2019, 08:55 AM   #51
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
We will be moving back to the MW within the year, wish we could find a North area that's both affordable on Social Security and safe. Would be nice to buy a house/condo in Evanston or Skokie or where I was going to...John Hancock bldg. Those dreams ended when I lost my entire inheritance in the 2008 crash.

So, now we are probably looking in WI. At least we won't have to deal with those extra taxes for living in the city. We are still looking in my beloved city. Picky, though, needs to be within walking distance of the lake, on a N/S train, and the two aforementioned requirements. Don't want much, do I? Lol. Oak St.would be great...oh, yeah no money.
Will keep looking, maybe Buena Vista. They have really done wonders there. I lived there when the cockroaches outnumbered the people about 30:1 during college.
I'd rule out Milwaukee.....just saying
Old 12-30-2019, 09:04 AM   #52
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Rogers Park used to be a very vibrant neighborhood. Was a city into it's self and self contained pretty much. As I remember, no clothing store lol. But, had a lot from The Leather Archives and Museum to a Vet's' Office's, a Catholic Cathedral, major grocery store, bodegas, an occult shop, many entrepreneurial businesses, so many others. The major N/S L train station with a Currency Exchange (an important Chicago thing), much else including only a few blocks to Lake Michigan and to a beach

This area is an important neighborboods that has fallen times, especially East Rogers. Gangs have moved in, crime has risen, the beautiful large apartment buildings are not being maintained with gang tags inside and out.
They need the city to come in and take control of the crime in the area and put some money in it like
was done in

Buena Vista

Heartland Cafe was the major stabliziing force, they poured a lot of resource in to the area has permanently closed. They had a promise that they would remain with the neighborhood if the
environments changed.

The text problem was due to my Amazon Fire

T

It appears Fulton Market is under gentrification...
Watch for prices to sky rocket once it's completed!
Old 01-31-2020, 08:52 AM   #53
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Join the Sweds.........

Andersonville loves to celebrate the neighborhood's roots as a community of Swedish immigrants. The annual Hygge Fest is another event that embraces the Scandinavian aesthetic. Named after a Danish term that means "cozy," the two-day event sends attendees to local businesses, where they'll find sales, tastings and special events. The weekend kicks off with a Pajama Fun Run, which takes off from Elixir Andersonville at 8:30am on Saturday, February 1.

A Coffee & Hot Cocoa Crawl allows visitors to enjoy warm beverages at a variety of local destinations. You can also stop by businesses like Early to Bed, Foursided and Uncharted Books to take advantage of sales throughout the weekend.
Old 02-09-2020, 05:47 PM   #54
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Don't feel like cooking..........

~~~
Head over to a Fresh Thyme Market and pick up one of their # 1 rated rotisserie chickens by Chicago Magazine...
Old 02-09-2020, 05:50 PM   #55
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,364 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
~~~
Head over to a Fresh Thyme Market and pick up one of their # 1 rated rotisserie chickens by Chicago Magazine...
would love to....but pure ice outside..if i slip nobody to catch me

Old 02-09-2020, 06:50 PM   #56
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
~~~
IF you're not near a Fresh Thyme Market I suppose you could go to one of the other 9 they selected for a bird.......Cermak Fresh Market, Caputo's, Plum Market, Gene's Sausage Shop, Costco, Mariano's, Jewel-Osco, Whole Foods, or Tony's Fresh Market....
Old 02-10-2020, 05:52 PM   #57
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Got to shop and eat both?

Seafood City Supermarket 5033 N Elston Ave

~~~
Chicago Magazine recommends Seafood City Supermarket. After checking them out online, I'd have to agree.......
Old 08-29-2020, 03:26 PM   #58
MarquisdeShey

How Do You Identify?:
bent
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/They
Relationship Status:
Minding my own business.

Thanked 4,726 Times in 921 Posts
MarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST Reputation
Default Chicago...

Just moved here and wondering, anyone from here still around?
The Following User Says Thank You to MarquisdeShey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2020, 11:16 AM   #59
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarquisdeShey View Post

I don't live there but I often visit the city....

If you're looking for places to go and suggestions of things to do, check out posts in the "if you're ever there go here" thread. A lot of the places I discovered on my own but a few places were introduced to me by my traveling companion who lives there in the Windy City.
Old 10-08-2020, 10:41 AM   #60
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarquisdeShey View Post

Enjoying your new home?