Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 09-13-2020, 08:05 PM   #5001
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I've been doing pretty good, getting my steps in daily. I still haven't worked very hard to get to the gym but I need to really stop dragging my feet about that. The good news is that with the cooler weather, I'll be more likely to do something outdoors.

Hope everyone is well and chugging along.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2020, 09:08 PM   #5002
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Last week I rode the bike for a total of 40 minutes. Not sure how many miles. Still getting used to settings.

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2020, 08:16 AM   #5003
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I have a peddler that I got because I was having some difficulty with edema. That has since gone away but I'm going to be mindful to use the peddler more as it does burn calories and keep my lower body in motion. Plus it freaks the cats out when I'm using it, so they don't interrupt me until I get off of it.

Also, I lost 2 pounds overnight. Of course, once I eat breakfast it will be replaced but it's just that little surprise of "Oh!" when I hopped on the scale that makes me happy.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2020, 09:50 PM   #5004
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

After Labor Day when the beach was full of crazies and I didn’t go, then we had nine days of lousy tides. Finally today had a good tide and a nice sunny day. Went for a great walk and ended up walking down to the off leash dog beach just for the chaos and pandemonium of it all. While I was there a ______- a-doodle seemed to adopt me, I think even his owner thought he was going home with me.

If you ever saw “The Secret Life of Pets“ you can probably envision it. Once in a while I like going down there just to watch all the unbridled joy.

Thread protocol: 3.5 miles.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2020, 08:09 AM   #5005
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

This week I did the following:

– Rode exercise bike for a total of 2 hours
– Rode a total of 24.8 miles
– Did a total of 280 arm rolls

Challenges:
Having a hard time fasting now that I'm exercising. May need to go off IF for awhile. Am still losing weight so I'm not too concerned.

Having a hard time not hunching my shoulders while riding. I have to keep reminding myself to relax my upper body and keep my shoulders as far away from my ears as possible.

Goals:
My current goal is consistency. Am focusing on riding the bike each day for at least 20 minutes.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2020, 01:10 PM   #5006
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

I recently bought a weight bench and found some weights (hard to find with all the home gyms) and love doing leg curls.. then arm curls

I hate hate hate cardio but i did buy a pair of old school roller skates today!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2020, 09:48 PM   #5007
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
This week I did the following:

– Rode exercise bike for a total of 2 hours
– Rode a total of 24.8 miles
– Did a total of 280 arm rolls

Challenges:
Having a hard time fasting now that I'm exercising. May need to go off IF for awhile. Am still losing weight so I'm not too concerned.

Having a hard time not hunching my shoulders while riding. I have to keep reminding myself to relax my upper body and keep my shoulders as far away from my ears as possible.

Goals:
My current goal is consistency. Am focusing on riding the bike each day for at least 20 minutes.
Your appetite is going to increase with the start of a new fitness program but should level back out in a few weeks.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2020, 09:09 PM   #5008
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Great sunset beach walk 3 miles
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2020, 03:24 AM   #5009
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Orema- that's great! Go you! What IF schedule are you following?

With my daughter having moved out I finally have space in my little house for an actual exercise room! On Sunday, I moved my rowing machine in there along with my bosu and hand weights.

Last winter I bought a smart TV but have never used it. I thought it might be nice to have up there to put on a show while I'm rowing, as opposed to music I usually listen to. That's how my brother used to rack up his rowing hours, he'd spend the winter rowing through shows like Northern Exposure. I'm really not a TV person but I think this could change things up from my regular routine which can get boring in the winter.

Yesterday I rowed 5k while embarking on the new Hulu series, Pen15. It was funny and I had a good workout! I'll do the same in a bit here before I go to work.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2020, 08:46 AM   #5010
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
Orema- that's great! Go you! What IF schedule are you following?

With my daughter having moved out I finally have space in my little house for an actual exercise room! On Sunday, I moved my rowing machine in there along with my bosu and hand weights.

Last winter I bought a smart TV but have never used it. I thought it might be nice to have up there to put on a show while I'm rowing, as opposed to music I usually listen to. That's how my brother used to rack up his rowing hours, he'd spend the winter rowing through shows like Northern Exposure. I'm really not a TV person but I think this could change things up from my regular routine which can get boring in the winter.

Yesterday I rowed 5k while embarking on the new Hulu series, Pen15. It was funny and I had a good workout! I'll do the same in a bit here before I go to work.
Thanks, easy!

It's a variation on IF. I was only eating food between noon and 5pm, but that's changed since I've started exercising. These days I need solid food around 10am and I still have dinner around 5.

I only lost one pound last week, but my doctor is happy with my progress. He had me track my blood pressure daily over the last week because it was high after my last visit with him and it's lower than it's been in years. I cut down on salt and it's made a big difference.

Thanks again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2020, 11:13 AM   #5011
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Thanks, easy!

It's a variation on IF. I was only eating food between noon and 5pm, but that's changed since I've started exercising. These days I need solid food around 10am and I still have dinner around 5.

I only lost one pound last week, but my doctor is happy with my progress. He had me track my blood pressure daily over the last week because it was high after my last visit with him and it's lower than it's been in years. I cut down on salt and it's made a big difference.

Thanks again.
Should have written that I was only eating solid food between noon and 5pm. At other times I'd have decaf with cream, protein drinks, vegetable juices, etc. but nothing solid.

I think things will work out once my body adjusts to this new routine.

Any tips or suggestions are really appreciated!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2020, 09:31 AM   #5012
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

This week on exercise bike I rode:
– 33.4 miles
– 2.53 hours
– Did 640 arm rolls

Challenges:
Am still adjusting food. Losing weight slower than before, but I also need to drop the cashews . Am better at relaxing upper torso but still working on it.

Goals:
Ride bike each day for at least 20 minutes. It's good if I increase my milage, distance, and time ... but it's okay if I don't. Right now I'm doing good as long as I get on the bike and ride at any speed. Continue tracking exercise (and weight loss) on spreadsheets.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2020, 12:30 PM   #5013
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I have not been exercising much lately due to banging up my left foot, pretty badly. It's all bruised up, like I cracked a bone in my foot, which makes it hard to walk properly.

But I have been walking some.

We have a stretch of nice weather coming up next week, so if my foot is better, I will go for bicycle rides after I get off work.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2020, 11:27 PM   #5014
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
This week on exercise bike I rode:
– 33.4 miles
– 2.53 hours
– Did 640 arm rolls

Challenges:
Am still adjusting food. Losing weight slower than before, but I also need to drop the cashews . Am better at relaxing upper torso but still working on it.

Goals:
Ride bike each day for at least 20 minutes. It's good if I increase my milage, distance, and time ... but it's okay if I don't. Right now I'm doing good as long as I get on the bike and ride at any speed. Continue tracking exercise (and weight loss) on spreadsheets.
I'm reading The Sugar Smart Diet (because I may have some pretty intense emotional connections with sweet and fattening foods) and the author discusses a couple of small studies done where they found that eating either peanuts or peanut butter as part of the breakfast helps control blood sugar and sugar spikes all day long, which in part, helps with weight loss.

How this connects to you? I can't say for sure but maybe changing the time when you tend to eat the cashews could be helpful? Or changing the type of nut you eat might help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I have not been exercising much lately due to banging up my left foot, pretty badly. It's all bruised up, like I cracked a bone in my foot, which makes it hard to walk properly.

But I have been walking some.

We have a stretch of nice weather coming up next week, so if my foot is better, I will go for bicycle rides after I get off work.
I've dropped a 12x12 box of ceramic tiles on my foot so I feel your pain (literally!). Are you wrapping it? Compression may help with some of the pain.

As for thread compliance, I walked 10,609 steps today.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2020, 07:22 AM   #5015
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I'm reading The Sugar Smart Diet (because I may have some pretty intense emotional connections with sweet and fattening foods) and the author discusses a couple of small studies done where they found that eating either peanuts or peanut butter as part of the breakfast helps control blood sugar and sugar spikes all day long, which in part, helps with weight loss.

How this connects to you? I can't say for sure but maybe changing the time when you tend to eat the cashews could be helpful? Or changing the type of nut you eat might help.
Yes, I had started eating the cashews earlier in the day and I switched to cashews when I cut down on salt a couple weeks ago. And, I started eating more nuts than usual after I started exercising. It's getting better and I think it will improve. I just have to stock up on more lower-carb emergency food (lower than cashews).

Sometimes I have a tablespoon or two of peanut butter on its own and that helps.

I'll be out of the cashews by the end of the week (if not sooner ) and that will help, too.

Thanks, Gemme.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2020, 12:36 PM   #5016
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Today, since the horrible monster neighbor is no longer next door, I re-arranged my studio, which took me about 5 hours this morning. I vacuumed, dusted, washed down walls and floor boards, mopped the wood flooring with special cleaning solutions, then dry waxed the wood floor. Cleaned all the area rugs, and cleaned the kitchen and bathroom.

Yes, Gemme, I have a compression bandage on my left foot. Later today, I will do a foot soak and evaluate my left foot. I think it's getting better, but last I looked it was bruised up something bad and still, I feel bones moving when I walk on it? I probably fractured the left tarsal bones, near my pinky toe.

Hopefully, with time, my foot will be better.

Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday. I am. I plan to rest for a bit, then go shopping for groceries later today.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2020, 08:00 PM   #5017
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Sunshine, Beach, 3 miles.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2020, 07:46 PM   #5018
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Sunshine, Beach, 3 miles.
Rerun
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2020, 09:44 PM   #5019
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I am 142 steps away from my daily goal, which I will make when I take the kids' poo out to the trash. Tomorrow's going to be a killer, though. I'm playing mover and will move some pretty heavy furniture in addition to some manual labor cleaning.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2020, 09:08 AM   #5020
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,265 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Seems that it's International Seniors' Day
So I'm going to go out and find someone to have sex with.
You want to do pushups? ok.
I'm going to do it my way.
The Following User Says Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights