Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I have held various roles in an variety of interesting avenues, in the Service industry: Beauty (longest held trade); Public Safety; Private Courier Service (fed/state agency).

Whenever an problematic situation would present itself (ie, dis-satisfication of services, and other problematic scenarios), I would center myself as an neutral arbiter, presiding over solving whatever x,y,z situation at hand. In my mind, it does no good to come at the situation with the mindset that the so-called customer or consumer is not right. To me, that is not the real point. In my mind, it's a complex math problem.... sets of integers involved in an highly abstract equation, which may or may not have a viable, suitable answer which satisfactorily solves the dilemma (issue).

Another thing that always helped was to keep in mind the possibility of your customer /consumer is not really that type of person: For example, third party consumer advocates might be in play, testing your ability to negotiate an reasonable exchange of service, within the legal limits of the company, or your seated power of authority. This type of feedback from scenarios like this can provide avenues to expand or improve on service expectations or on other realms of service rendered.

I credit my long history on the beauty industry as being my training grounds for so many situations that can go awry. Up close and personal contact, in service situation, is a very delicate dance.

I liked hearing Gemme's take on attitudes about Southern condescension. Those were my favorite scenarios. There's nothing more disarming than an worthy adversary (such as myself) to upend that type of scenario. In fact, I've made life long friendships with those who dared to conduct themselves like that with me.

Math logic has been such a good friend to me.

Loved reading everyone's take on current situations, today.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2016, 05:12 PM   #82
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
This was more than being blunt and short. This was rude. And her probable anxiousness and concern is no reason not to expect her to be thoughtful enough not to mention the possible death of someone in the context of her exchange.

After living in NYC for many years I suspect she'd be met with everything from humor to anger after that careless reply, but this wasn't the northeast and I think she knew better (hence her backing up for 10 minutes when Besame gave her the look—LOL).
Your right, just rude! No one should ever think death onto anyone, no matter what part of the country your from.

I've seen her back in my store several times, and she always says...look we are still here! ( she is still back stepping on her comment) Oh, and btw, she is a cashier at Target. I wonder if anyone ever said that to her??

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2017, 10:11 PM   #83
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,318 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling View Post
...the customer doesn't even know what they want. They usually think they do; but they don't. Of course, that's really more of a rumination on the state of Humanity in general, though; rather than simply being a customer issue.

HOWEVER, when you work with the public, that complete lack of self-awareness (whether it is a purposeful affectation or not) becomes so glaringly apparent because <whatever place of business you are working in> is a standalone microcosm of the human species.

Most people really think they know a thing or two. Some may; but the ones who may actually know something are the same ones that know they do not!

People are fascinating. I like to watch how they move about in the world and I really like it when they get to talking so I can see how their minds work. Even the pains-in-the-asses can be just absolutely delightful to observe in the right framework. I honestly miss working with the public.
So true.

In my line of work,you have to be very observant with each and every customer.Watch how they approach you and strike up a conversation.It usually takes me no more than a few seconds to figure out the mood their in and if they are there to buy something or tell me their life story.If they are my regular customers,I will give them a minute of chit chat because I know they eventually buy.I deal with all types of people and I treat them as they treat me..and it's so much fun when they hand over the green.

Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tuff Stuff For This Useful Post: