Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation
Default nail me

nener ne ner..........made you look.....laughin....

I started this because I came across the Femme Zone thread titled 'nail me'. It made me think about my nails.

So guys...........what do we do to keep our nails in 'tip-top' shape?

I am anally retentive about nails for a couple or three reasons. I am anally retentive by nature and up-bringing. (My maternal grandmother had us pour boiling water over the silverware we just washed).

I spent many years as a med tech and also drawing blood. When someone sticks a needle in your arm you look at their hands. The last thing you want to see is dirty raggedity nails holding that needle.

I also am a dyke and my hands have many uses when it comes to sex. No one wants someone with dirty raggedity nails to get near the bits/stuff/nether regions/_______.

So guys....what is your nail care routine? Do you have one? If not, you might want to think about it.

Me......well I clip my hand nails at a minimum of once a week. I also use a nail file after I clip them to make them smooth and without rough edges. Rough edges are bad....and I don't need to tell you why......well I hope I don't have to tell you that.

I do the same with my toenails. Don't want jaggeded ass nails scraping her beautifully shaved legs.

My ex-wife always wanted to do my toenails. I really had a hard time with that because I HATE my feet being messed with...but I learned to deal with it cuz it made her happy.

Because of mobility issues, I find I am having trouble taking care of my toenails and I know my hand nails will soon follow.

That means I must start going to a nail salon to take proper care of my feet. OMG OMG................I'm lucky I live in the SF Bay Area and there are lots of nail salons in the Castro so masculine folks wanting nails done is not extraordinary. I have concerns about sterility of the tools they use and how you choose a place to do this.

I know the femmes are reading this....<grin>.....so if you have any tips please help us out....tips only.......and

any of us masculine folks...........share your experiences and how you take care of your nails.......
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:35 PM   #2
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
That means I must start going to a nail salon to take proper care of my feet. OMG OMG................I'm lucky I live in the SF Bay Area and there are lots of nail salons in the Castro so masculine folks wanting nails done is not extraordinary. I have concerns about sterility of the tools they use and how you choose a place to do this.
Hey you.

Many nail salons have pedicure kits you can purchase to bring with you every time you go, so that they are using your own stuff on your own nails. Or if they don't sell a kit you can always bring your own stuff.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:18 AM   #3
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

*grumbling* I didn't even know the guys were ALLOWED to do stuff like this!
Old 04-27-2012, 04:53 AM   #4
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,915 Times in 733 Posts
Metro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST Reputation
Default Corn Chip Nail Tips - SNL Skit

Quote:
Originally Posted by suebee View Post

Submitted for consideration:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/275691/sat...chip-nail-tips
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Metro For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 05:59 AM   #5
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Thanked 1,378 Times in 461 Posts
OS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST Reputation

Dang...I saw this in the Butch Zone and thought it was gonna be about tools!
OS Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OS Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 06:45 AM   #6
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation
Default i work on feet for a living!

Be SO careful of where you get your feet done! The places that have the whirlpool tubs are a feeding ground for fungus. Seek out a pedicurist who uses a basin which can be sterilized in between each client. Foot fungus are so easy to get, can last for years and be impossible to get rid of, also can lead to loss of toenails or surgery! This is how a pedicure should be done:

The places like the one i show below cannot sterilize the water coming and going and i cannot tell you how many people that i see in my work are dealing with foot funguses years later because they went to a place like this. They try their best to keep them sterile but it's impossible. If someone comes in with a foot fungus, that water sets in the pipes and gets send back in to the tub where the feet go. Also there are some places that prohibit anyone but a pediatrist to cut the toenails, less experienced techs can cut them too short (ingrown toenails) or nick the skin which invites infection, i get mine filed when i go, never clipped.

White newer socks are a must, the feet contain over 100,000 sweat glands in each foot, so yah that's a lot of sweat so throw out the old socks and keep the new ones going. Your feet (and lover) will love you for it.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 06:46 AM   #7
SugarFemme

How Do You Identify?:
*Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Thanked 4,463 Times in 854 Posts
SugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Toughy, I have diabetes and as such, have to be extremely cautious and careful with my feet. When I was first diagnosed, I spoke with the foot doctor who gave me these tips: ALWAYS make sure they have an autoclave for sterilizing the equipment. Another thing you can do to ensure no cross contamination with another person is buy your own and do proper sterilization on them. The other thing that is of utmost importance, is in unit that you will sit in to get your pedicure, there is the "basin" where you will soak your feet. Almost all of them use the spa pedicure unit where they can fill it with water and drain it. Plumbing built in. Not one of those little portable units. Ok, there is a trap for all the nasty bits that trimmed off of peoples feet. You MUST make sure that this trap is emptied every single time they use it. Most shops just drain the water and squirt around some sterilizing chemical. This is not enough. The trap must be emptied. Some shops will use a tool that requires that the manicurist put in a razor blade and they kind of shave away dead skin. Not only is this a way transmitting a host of diseases if the blade is not changed, its not good for your feet. It causes more cracking on the heels. Tell them in ADVANCE that you do not want this done and to just use a pumice stone. And as far as a pumice stone, go to Sallys and get your own. Keep it in a baggie after it has dried. always bring it home with you. I know this is very detailed, but it is meant to keep you as safe as possible. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Quote:
nener ne ner..........made you look.....laughin....

I started this because I came across the Femme Zone thread titled 'nail me'. It made me think about my nails.

So guys...........what do we do to keep our nails in 'tip-top' shape?

I am anally retentive about nails for a couple or three reasons. I am anally retentive by nature and up-bringing. (My maternal grandmother had us pour boiling water over the silverware we just washed).

I spent many years as a med tech and also drawing blood. When someone sticks a needle in your arm you look at their hands. The last thing you want to see is dirty raggedity nails holding that needle.

I also am a dyke and my hands have many uses when it comes to sex. No one wants someone with dirty raggedity nails to get near the bits/stuff/nether regions/_______.

So guys....what is your nail care routine? Do you have one? If not, you might want to think about it.

Me......well I clip my hand nails at a minimum of once a week. I also use a nail file after I clip them to make them smooth and without rough edges. Rough edges are bad....and I don't need to tell you why......well I hope I don't have to tell you that.

I do the same with my toenails. Don't want jaggeded ass nails scraping her beautifully shaved legs.

My ex-wife always wanted to do my toenails. I really had a hard time with that because I HATE my feet being messed with...but I learned to deal with it cuz it made her happy.

Because of mobility issues, I find I am having trouble taking care of my toenails and I know my hand nails will soon follow.

I know the femmes are reading this....<grin>.....so if you have any tips please help us out....tips only.......and

any of us masculine folks...........share your experiences and how you take care of your nails.......
SugarFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SugarFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 09:47 AM   #8
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by suebee View Post
you know I get you are trying to be funny, but it's not funny to me......

Guys get crap about being 'butch enough' all the time and personal hygiene stuff is one of those places it happens. Hair products and lotions fit in this category also.

Thanks to the femmes who have offered up tips about nail salons.

Come on guys.....I know I am not the only butch who takes care of my nails.

Quote:
by OS Butch
Dang...I saw this in the Butch Zone and thought it was gonna be about tools!
In my mind nails are tools!!! Tools of the loving touch.

I would be willing to say that part of being old school is taking care of your nails (and skin). What do you think about that?
I will not assimilate

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 09:56 AM   #9
luv2luvgirls
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Asshole

Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,827 Posts
luv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputation

*snickers* and here I thought we was gonna talk shop about nails..
luv2luvgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:01 AM   #10
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I can't wait to get Jackhammer in here!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 10:19 AM   #11
vixenagogo

How Do You Identify?:
unabashedly femme!
Preferred Pronoun?:
i prefer being proadverb.
Relationship Status:
single.

Thanked 1,259 Times in 380 Posts
vixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Toughy...

there are many places in the castro. the one i go to is right next to the castro theatre (the castro nail salon). it is very clean (they use an autoclave). in addition to cleanliness, they are very skilled and professional (using the most up to date equipment.)they have a mani/pedi special from 10am-2pm for $29.

they are quiet busy during holidays, weekends or if the weather is nice. they always serve bottled water, tea or white wine complimentary and mimosas on sundays (it is the castro after all). and they also have a loyalty program (frequent filer card): a free mani or pedi with every 10 mani/pedi.

vixenagogo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vixenagogo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #12
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,382 Times in 2,839 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Great thread Toughy!

A Butches hands are a sexual organ and as such should be kept groomed and clean. Gnarly nails are a turn off!

Lots of Men groom, it bugs me that so many people think Butches should not.

For those of you who have never had a mani or pedi they do not have to use polish, they can clean you up and buff.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:45 AM   #13
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

I am starting to have trouble with split nails. They are also getting brittle and have ridges/lines running the length of the nail (both hand and toe). Are there products that will help with these problems? And I don't want stuff like clear nail polish that will make my nails all shiny....yuk

---------------
ty vixen.....I walk by that place all the time....
I will not assimilate

The Following User Says Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #14
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Hoof cream from feed stores works wonders
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #15
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
laughin.............well you can't call that a girly product fer sure.....
I will not assimilate

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 11:25 AM   #16
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,890 Times in 1,155 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

Hey Toughy, it's funny, in a messed up way, I can't stand for my feet to be touched either.

What really caught my attention was your post about the condition/problems you are having with your nails. It sounds like a vitamin deficiency. Mine have to be constantly monitored so I'm use to different things coming up like this. It's worth checking into anyway. Then there's Medusas route :/
MrSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MrSunshine For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 11:34 AM   #17
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSunshine View Post
Hey Toughy, it's funny, in a messed up way, I can't stand for my feet to be touched either.

What really caught my attention was your post about the condition/problems you are having with your nails. It sounds like a vitamin deficiency. Mine have to be constantly monitored so I'm use to different things coming up like this. It's worth checking into anyway. Then there's Medusas route :/
I'm going to have to butch up and go the pedicure route because of left hip problems that don't let me bend or get my leg/foot in a position to do the pedi myself........icky poo to somebody messing with my feet...

I'm on a bunch of meds that are most likely causing the nail issues, but I will double check with my rheumatologist and see what she thinks.....good suggestion....thanks
I will not assimilate

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #18
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I am starting to have trouble with split nails. They are also getting brittle and have ridges/lines running the length of the nail (both hand and toe). Are there products that will help with these problems? And I don't want stuff like clear nail polish that will make my nails all shiny....yuk

---------------
ty vixen.....I walk by that place all the time....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Eating gelatin helps too.....if you don't like regular jello you can get unflavored gelatin and add it to smoothies and such.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:51 AM   #19
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSunshine View Post

Are you ticklish or just don't like your feet touched? There are over 7,000 nerve endings in each foot so it is a highly sensitive place.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #20
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,558 Times in 2,992 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

i self manicure. i have a pumice stone that keeps my callouses tame. i keep my hands trimmed and smooth the best i can for what i do. i have a couple of nails on one hand that grow funny due to a dog biting it very badly in my twenties and when the fingers all healed up the nails never grew the same again so i don't really like people messing with my hands.

i love pedicures with the added leg scrub and massage. i don't do them often anymore. Men are always there when i go, at least one. What i like about it is as i get older the pads on my feet need to be attended to more often and the regular pedicure does this. i think it is healthy to attend to the nails and pads and having somebody else do it feels pretty good once i got past somebody messing with my feet.

i also use this on my feet and hands...it is great stuff!