Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 12-20-2009, 11:28 AM   #1
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

friskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default 2012 - What does it mean to you?

Welcome all,

We are daily reminded that December 21, 2012 is fast approaching. This forum is a place to discuss your beliefs, ideas, concerns of the 'end of the world' approaching. Please be respectful in your discussion and replies.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:55 AM   #2
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am glad that I have already lived through a few "end of the world" dates.
Personally, I think it is used by organized religion as a way to manipulate people through fear. Dinner party at my house Dec. 22 2012. The guest of honor will be Jesus.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2009, 11:56 AM   #3
Hudson

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Truth is stranger than fiction.

Hudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST Reputation

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcwuO3bMK2g&feature=related"]YouTube- Sarah palin in 2012 SNL keith Olbermann[/ame]
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hudson For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2009, 12:11 PM   #4
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

friskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
I am glad that I have already lived through a few "end of the world" dates.
Personally, I think it is used by organized religion as a way to manipulate people through fear. Dinner party at my house Dec. 22 2012. The guest of honor will be Jesus.
I would like to attend. It would definitely make great table discussion. I have so many questions.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to friskyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2009, 12:04 PM   #5
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

Default My Vision

I received a Vision during a meditation in 1994 which is the basis for my belief system. I was 'born' with a gift of precognition. As a child, I was told it was a series of coincidences and or my imagination. By the time I reached puberty, I had accepted those explanations and stopped paying attention to any premonitions that came about. I went from a devote Catholic to an atheist at this same timeframe. In my 20s I began to reexamine the possibility that there was 'something' bigger than each of us as human beings. I pretty well held that idea until my early 40s. I studied and discussed many religions, my ancestry (Scandianavian) beliefs, and shared my life with three individuals from different Native American Nations. A number of my ceremonies were adopted from these. I also embrace a number of the Asian Pacific Islander, Middle Eastern,and Norse traditions. I do believe that our earth's crust is shifting validated by scientific research and discovery of the movement of the North Pole. I do ccept that the seasons are shifting in response to this. I am very intrigued with the pyramids in Egypt nd in Mexico. These that are interpreted as calendars for the end of the world December 21, 2012. This correspoding to the Bible's 'Book of Revelation'. I don't personally ear this time arriving, I see i as a metamorphsis of human beings into loving, caring, sharing, peaceful beings with extraordinary capabilities of healing on all levels of being.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to friskyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2009, 12:18 PM   #6
Rufusboi

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Partnered

Rufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by friskyfemme View Post
Welcome all,

We are daily reminded that December 21, 2012 is fast approaching. This forum is a place to discuss your beliefs, ideas, concerns of the 'end of the world' approaching. Please be respectful in your discussion and replies.
Hello - my belief is that it is all media hype to push the movie that came out (is coming out?). Rufus
Rufusboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rufusboi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2009, 01:34 PM   #7
Hudson

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Truth is stranger than fiction.

Hudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST Reputation
Default a-s-t-r-o-n-o-m-y, not astrology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufusboi View Post
Hello - my belief is that it is all media hype to push the movie that came out (is coming out?). Rufus
Totally. That along with tons of books to be sold and other agendas needing to be fueled/filled.

The Mayan calendar was designed to be cyclical, so the fact that it comes to an end in December 2012 means it's the end of the great calendar cycle in Mayan society (as SuperFemme mentioned past 'ends' she's lived through - remember when our society was gonna end at the millenium?) not the 'end of the world'. In fact, if the Mayan calendar does not even end then, then why in the world does anyone believe there is any evidence to suggest that the Mayans (or anyone for that matter) knew when the world's going to end?

I wonder, on the winter solstice in 2012, when the sun will be aligned with the center of the Milky Way for the first time in about 26,000 years and whatever energy typically streams from it's nougaty center to the earth will be disrupted, if we'll be able to sell a bunch of candy bars.
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hudson For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2009, 05:35 PM   #8
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

I wonder, on the winter solstice in 2012, when the sun will be aligned with the center of the Milky Way for the first time in about 26,000 years and whatever energy typically streams from it's nougaty center to the earth will be disrupted, if we'll be able to sell a bunch of candy bars.

This has already happened 4 years ago according to the Science channel, the aligning of the center of our galexy and the earth and sun, um pinches m'self, yep still here.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:15 PM   #9
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile 2012

This will be a time of change for people. Other than that, I am going to refrain from posting my true feelings/beliefs.

Superfemme, I want to come to your dinner party. Tell me what to bring.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:32 PM   #10
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation

My oldest daughter will turn 25 on that day......it will mean to me a big celebration....

with regard to the mayan calendar and the numerous misinterpretations and the movie that just feeds into all that stuff.... ehhhhhh
I am sure the good christians that are pushing for a nuclear holocaust in the middle east will work to make sure it does not occur on that day....cause if it does then "non christians" were right.

Old 12-20-2009, 03:28 PM   #11
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by friskyfemme View Post
Welcome all,

It means to me that I have to get a new debit card, as it expires then, oh and to call my friend on the 22nd to see how he's doing. Thanks for the reminder!
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2009, 05:14 PM   #12
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

See this is what I find rather amusing about the End of Timers, in the Bible it clearly states that the day and time of the end of days isn't known by any man. Therefore how could the Maya know that their calendar would be held captive by the very same religion who believes in the Bible. Beyond belief for me. It isn't the end of the earth, it is the end of a calendar cycle, the 4th one. See life goes on........
Old 10-05-2010, 05:42 PM   #13
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

what do you all think about
this video...

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:07 PM   #14
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar55 View Post

what do you all think about
this video...

MS,
Thank you for posting this.
I follow the believe that the change is near. I also believe that before the renewal is death. As human beings become aware of ending, there will be diverse reaction some will choose to ignore it, some will embrace it, some will try to change it. I believe there will be major chaos which will grow with the change setting off a catastrophic panic. I think if you are living respectful of your environment, you'll survive the change.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:41 PM   #15
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

I think the same thing about it as I do any other claim that the end is nigh. Just like with Y2K people will hype about it as it approaches, then once it's past everyone will forget about it and move onto the next "apocalypse." People have been thinking the end of humanity was around the corner for millions of years now, probably starting with the first thunder clap heard by human ears.

Every few years people freak out because some "prophecy" or misinterpreted piece of information says so. Y2K, the Large Hadron Collider, some meteor spotted near earth, Nostradamus. Take your pick.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2010, 10:26 PM   #16
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

December 21, 2012 will be my 57th birthday. I have a ritual of going out for breakfast with a pal for cranberry-walnut pancakes. I am giving the universe notice that I expect to get my pancakes BEFORE anything out of the ordinary happens.

Have read up on the projections for that date. The science and theories are fascinating, invigorating, and sometimes downright astounding. But, I think I am sticking to my wait and see approach to most projections of impending doom. No sense wasting time and energy on something I have no control over.

I'm thinking it is also going to take me til 2013 to figure out what Aj and Wildcat are debating.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2010, 12:14 PM   #17
Luckydwg07

How Do You Identify?:
Yes Ma'am! Butchiness- hard shell candy with a soft center
Relationship Status:
I've bee found-Life has new meaning to me

Luckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up 2012 means

The Year Of The Dragon ~ Appalachian Trail Thru Hike?
The Following User Says Thank You to Luckydwg07 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2010, 07:54 PM   #18
FlowerFem

How Do You Identify?:
femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
dating

FlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST Reputation
Default dec 12 2012

I believe this date will come and go just like Y2k did. Just like 10/10/10 did. Just like 6/6/6 did. " The sky is falling the sky is falling, I think I hear chicken little.......
FlowerFem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FlowerFem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 09:40 AM   #19
Starbuck

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,148 Times in 756 Posts
Starbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow 2012

I'm gonna greet, what day is it? December 21st? 22nd? 2012 head on and say, "bring it..."
The Following User Says Thank You to Starbuck For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 01:43 PM   #20
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

The Mayan calendar does not predict the end of the world in 2012. I know that many of our global doomsayers are predicting that, but I REFUSE to stand in line to buy FEAR, no matter how good the bargain basement price is. Good grief. I don't know what is going to happen, but I am hopeful for some sort of spiritual awakening, whatever the heck that means.

We had an amazing ritual on Dec 21. The eclipse was beautiful and the ritual was just astounding, everyone came away with a feelings of connection, peace and renewal. Each solstice and equinox to Dec 21, 2012 I will spend in ritual. 2012 for me means a new beginning. Who knows maybe the world will change so drastically that I will no longer be allergic to and maybe I will want a pair of and maybe I can to long lost friends. Maybe it will be a birth of hope... hey I could get behind that.

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post: