Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 05-15-2010, 01:41 PM   #1
tribalwomon

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
single

tribalwomon will become famous soon enough
Default Hypnotist?

My friend, Tiffany is seeing a hypnotist... today to help her from smoking...I'm wondering if such treatment really works...irene
Old 05-15-2010, 01:50 PM   #2
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I think in some cases yes. Please let me know how it works. I tired this CD and book

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Stop-Smoking-One-Hour-Once/dp/0007104065/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1273952945&sr=1-3"]Amazon.com: Stop Smoking in One Hour: Play the CD... Just Once...…[/ame]

it actually works, although I find I need to go back to it now and then. Sometimes when I have wine I still want to smoke. It's important to keep stress at bay. Makes it much easier.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2010, 01:53 PM   #3
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I know a several people who have done this and been successful. I also know 2 it didn't work for.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2010, 09:34 AM   #4
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I tried it for weight loss...obviously it didn't work because here I am struggling with loosing weight.

I know of 1 other person who was a smoker who needed to quit for surgery. So, hy went to see a hypnotist. Well, hy did great because it worked. Hy stayed off the cigars and cigarettes for about 4 years. Now hy is back smoking. It is more of a social thing for hym than anything else.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2010, 02:27 PM   #5
Darth Denkay

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm good with whatever
Relationship Status:
in love and loved

Darth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

If the person truly wants to quit then hypnotherapy can be effective. However, being hypnotized will not 'make' you do anything you don't want to do. If she's ready to quit, then yes, it may help.

I do want to say that if hypnotherapy doesn't work, that does not imply that the individual really wasn't ready to quit. Like any therapeutic intervention, it may simply not get to the core issue. Just didn't want anyone thinking that I'm saying if it doesn't work then you just don't want it badly enough - not the case at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalwomon View Post
My friend, Tiffany is seeing a hypnotist... today to help her from smoking...I'm wondering if such treatment really works...irene
Old 05-16-2010, 09:57 PM   #6
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

I have gone to hypnotherapy a few times over the years to deal with issues that I have had. And I found it to be very effective with helping me understand my triggers and my own negative behaviours. I have not used it for weight loss or quitting smoking. I quit smoking because of a very vivid dream I had. I 'woke' up from the dream and never smoked again. And oddly, very oddly, ALL of my symptoms... like morning cough, bad smokers lung taste, even cravings... GONE. I was a dedicated smoker for almost 25 years.

I have seriously considered taking hynotherapy training, I think in some of the work that I do it would really help.
<--- might even help me to feel like I am not doing this with some of my patients!!

Foxyshaman

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2010, 11:32 AM   #7
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Honestly the CD works. I always have to work at tho. For instance last night I opened a bottle of wine and had 2 cigs but didnt have a desire to have more. I may give it up entirely but then again I may not. If I go back smoking when I'm NOT drinking then I'll listen to the CD again.

I listen to this Kelly Howell "Universal Mind" cd at night when I'm going to bed. I love it. It has a bit of healing and law of attraction. It doesnt work overnight, like anything else it takes work and being consistent. What I notice is small changes over time. I'm able to handle things better and begin to understand things and want to make change.

Andrew I struggled with weight for years. Always up and down. For me it was emotional and when I am hurt or damaged I hold things in and sabotage my efforts. I have the right information. I know whats good for me and for the most part my diet is really very healthy - juice, veggies, rice, etc. I started reading that book "Women Food and God" and it doesnt have to be just for women nor is it about God but so much more. We have internal struggles based on things that could have happened or not happened when we were children. Much of it held true for me. It's not an instant fix...nothing is but it is paving a new journey for me and its up to me to keep walking on that path.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2010, 12:48 PM   #8
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:
Urban Bohemian : http://youtu.be/IM96Ch9Gx4A

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,250 Posts
Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation
Default CD's

I have never been to a Hypnotist but I have used some Hypnosis CD's for weight loss, and was VERY pleased with them. I found my craving for carbs evaporated, and desire for exercise increase. Good stuff. Ummm, even if they put me too sleep. HMMM, note to self, break those back out!!!

In trying to quit smoking there was a few tricks I used, that may be helpful to others:

1. It is easier to quit unadulterated tobacco. Smoke cigarettes with out chemicals, like American Spirits. You body get's addicted to the chemicals in most cigarettes as well. By taking that away, it lessens the cravings.

2. Quit when you are traveling or moving. The change of scenery and habit has less association with smoking. I quit when I moved to Austin, and never have smoked here in 3 years, it is just not part of my life here.

3. You will hate this one, but enjoy the feeling of craving, rather than fighting it, or seeing it as a bad thing. Feel it, get into it, associate it with being really horny...... or craving other things you like. It will pass easier that way......

Pashi