Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 12-04-2010, 01:12 PM   #1
moonfemme

Default Is there life after death?

Is there life after death? Discuss. Try not to be religious; I want real-life experiences. Thanx:~)
moonfemme
Old 12-04-2010, 02:11 PM   #2
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

It is my firmly held belief that when you die that is it. Of course the body during the process of breaking down sustains other life forms on this planet. I can live with this belief and have done so for over 40 years. I have some consolation that I along with my parents, grandparents and all other ancestors live on in my children. And I hope they remember me as I remember those that I came from.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:12 PM   #3
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

I don't think that there is life after death I its a done deal!! my .02 cents I don't know about religion??
Old 12-04-2010, 02:14 PM   #4
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Yes, I believe that there is life after death, but no, I have no "real life experiences" I can share on that!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2010, 02:25 PM   #5
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Yes I believe in life after death

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2010, 03:03 PM   #6
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

I believe we are essentially spiritual beings
inhabiting and attempting to master a carbon based life form.

I would try and tell you why I believe that,
but some things just defy words. It's in the
feelings, in the unusual experiences....it is
simply a knowing.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2010, 03:10 PM   #7
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

Sure. I saw my friend Fred after he died, and my Grandmother.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2010, 03:15 PM   #8
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Yes,I fully beleave there is life after death.I have firm held experences to back it up,those experences scared the bejeasus out of me when they happened..one was when I saw my grannie and several of her deceased friends walking on a public street not far from the greveyard where all of them are burried..in broad daylight.Then a fue years later when a beloved uncle passed I saw/shook hands then had a convo with him in a car lot when I was looking to buy a truck,this was a one of a kin kinda guy that no one colud be mistaken for..this happened two weeks after his death.I went back to see if I was outta my mnd but the manager said there never was anyone but him selling cars..Yeah real spooky.Then his wife my aunt woke one morning and said 'Wally is comeing for me" two hours later she droped dead at my feet.As hard as I tryed to bring her back nothing worked and the corroner said it was like her heart stoped cold,her death certifiacte stated ..death by greif.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2010, 03:37 PM   #9
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation
Default life

Yes there is life after death. I am 100 percent sure , of this I have no doubt. I'm sorry, I can't share how I know this ,it is way too personal. I am not a religous person. I know that before this event, I didn't think there was life after death. I thought that this was it. No one could have convinced me otherwise. I'd hoped maybe there was, but, I highly doubted it.
What exactly there is after this I can't say for sure, but I do know there is something else, and life doesn't end when we die. Sometimes I forget about that event, because I get busy living my life, but then I remember and it feels so good, because no matter what happens in my life, I have that ace in the hole.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:28 PM   #10
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

Yes, I believe there is life after death. I believe it with all of my being, because I can and have talked with those spirits have left their bodies behind. I have on many occasions been able to sit with someone and tell them things that no one but themselves and the person in question would have been able to know. I have been able to pass on messages that needed to be shared and weren't. I have been able to sooth the living that remain behind because the dead are there, real, and care.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:02 PM   #11
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

I have no idea, no one I know has ever come back to say there was. I however will still act like there is, just in case.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2010, 05:13 PM   #12
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

Absolutely. I think that after we die our spiritual bodies have a life review to see what we have learned from our experiences. There is more but BFP doesn't have enough server space for me to continue.

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2010, 05:28 PM   #13
HoneyedChrysanthemum

Default RE: reincarnation

i believe that there has been "life before life" and will be "life after death" (reincarnation). i have a couple of real-time experiences for believing this.
the first concerns my belief as a child and youth that i was a boy. i was not butch or trans-i was simply a boy. i happen to be born a little more than 3 months premature. i also got a shock every time i looked into a mirror and saw this blonde-haired, blue-eyed, fair-skinned person looking back at me. my conception of my self was of a black-haired, dark-eyed, somewhat dark-skinned boy. my Buddhist Master explained that in their teachings i had "jumped the gulf" too soon, i.e. passed into my next incarnation too soon. i was remembering my self from the last incarnation and had not yet fully incarnated into this incarnation as a girl.
the second concerns my after-death experience. i had had an extremely severe reaction between seafood and medication. according to my dr, i actually was dead for several minutes before they brought me back to this world. i can remember looking down at my body, to which i was connected by a golden cord. according to my Master, if this cord had severed, they would not have been able to bring me back to life here. i would have passed into the next bardo.
those two experiences, plus the teachings of my Masters, have convinced me of the reality of reincarnation.
pres
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2010, 05:39 PM   #14
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,108 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

For me, if there is, I hope it's a peaceful life - more so than what I've faced in this one - where I get to be with my Great Gramma, my children, my nieces, my brother and other loved ones again. I can't imagine that our souls - spirits aren't connected in some way.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2010, 06:09 PM   #15
moonfemme

Default thanx everyone :~)

I have had my own personal experiences as well, too many to keep track of. I have studied Metaphysics since I was 11, So let's say... a while... I love hearing the stories and experiences others have had and I do not have enough room here to expound on all I know or The Truth as I know it !!! I am not a Religous person, too much dogma but I am very Spiritual ... That's enough said... Keep sharing :~)
Old 12-04-2010, 06:43 PM   #16
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,850 Times in 511 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

I don't have a real life experience, as I have not died. That said, when you're dead, you're dead. Done, gone, finito, bye-bye.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:18 PM   #17
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

From my *me* space....

I'll try and make it way shorter than i could.

What happened:

I was 16 and hit head on by a drunk driver who was 20 years old going 80 mph. Through the windshield i go, prior to seatbelt laws. Landed partly on the hood of the car and partly on the road. Parametics did CPR for over 5 minutes. I was dead.

What i remember:

Seeing headlights, feeling and hearing glass. Then, I was laying in tall grass and a man leaning over me saying the Lords Prayer. Looking down at me with the most beautiful blue eyes I've ever seen. Telling me i would "be ok". The peace felt was like no other. No words to describe the feeling of love, completness, happiness, comfort, beauty and joy. He smiled. I smiled and closed my eyes. Then, i heard someone say "i've got a pulse". I was back, paddles still on my chest, and i hurt, and i cried and people were bleeding and oh how i wanted to go back....

....back to that place that was *my* life after death....

I am thankful for that experience. I am thankful i left and thankful i came back. *I* know, without a single doubt, there is life after death. I am thankful...that I know....what a blessing it is.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2010, 07:46 PM   #18
Lynn

How Do You Identify?:
Unabashed Feminine Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Married!

Thanked 2,416 Times in 504 Posts
Lynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST Reputation

My personal belief is that we are spiritual beings, larger and more powerful than our bodies. I believe that we *are* the soul, not that we have a soul, and I believe we are immortal. I have had some personal experiences which lead me to these conclusions, as well as some studies which support my perceptions.

I don't believe that there is a prescribed task or set of activities that one does when he or she leaves her body. That is, to me, as regimented and proscribed as the dogma of religion. I think if you're a nice guy in life, you're always likely to be a nice guy. If you're rotten, you can learn and do better, but you can also continue to be rotten, from lifetime to lifetime. There is a continuity to who one is, body or not. Just because someone has died and is now in a spiritual form, it doesn't mean they are wiser or kinder. But, they may be!

Day to day, I don't thnk about dying or a next life. I experience spirituality more in terms of realizing that I am able to create my life and future, and that my intentions and thoughts can supercede the expectations of others, or even the "rules" of the universe.
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.

Maya Angelou

Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lynn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2010, 08:40 PM   #19
TickledPink

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Girly Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss Pink
Relationship Status:
Shacked UP

Location: The Holt-Mason Chateau Decherd/I'm a NashVegas Girl!
Thanked 1,998 Times in 607 Posts
TickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST Reputation

I simply don't know. I've asked my spiritual pastor, she doesn't know either. I "believe" we all have an energy, the soul, that never dies. When the body dies, the soul takes its own form. Where it goes? I don't know. I'd like to think a much better place. I don't believe there is a hell. I think hell is what we chose or don't chose to live in/with while in our physical bodies.

I can share that my mother was totally non responsive for 2 weeks. Her pastor came to visit and we all held hands around her as he said a prayer. She sat straight up in her bed, clapped her hands, and had the happiest expression I've ever seen on her face. She never spoke another word and died shortly after that. My faith, a bit restored.

The greatest mystery of life is death.
TickledPink is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TickledPink For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2010, 08:50 PM   #20
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I believe there is life after death.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: