Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

Old 11-10-2011, 09:01 AM   #1
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,870 Times in 2,475 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Happy 236th Birthday, Marines!!!

This day, November 10, 2011, marks the 236th Birthday of the United States Marine Corps. Here, briefly, is the story of that:

"On November 10, 1775, Robert Mullan, the proprietor of the Tavern and son of Peggy Mullan, was commissioned by an act of Congress to raise the first two battalions of Marines, under the leadership of Samuel Nicholas, the first appointed Commandant of the Continental Marines. Nicholas's grandfather was also a member of the Tun Tavern Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons and it is this relationship between Mullan, Nicholas and the Tavern which has resulted in Tun Tavern being acknowledged as the birthplace of the United States Marine Corps. There are an estimated three million active and retired U.S. Marines worldwide who have been exposed in their military training to the historical significance of Tun Tavern. Each year on November 10th, around the world Marines toast the Marine's birthplace on the most significant date in the history of the Corps."

Two of the traditions of the United States Marine Corps, on the Marine Corps Birthday is the Marine Corps Birthday Ball and listening to the annual birthday message from our current Commandant, General James F. Amos. This year, Gen. Amos wants to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the attack of Pearl Harbor and the 10th anniversary of the attacks of 9/11. I want to honor all Marines, past and present, and post this message below.

The Marine Corps birthday is an important date for every Marine, no matter where we serve or when we've served, or if we're Male Marines or Female Marines, because we are ALL Marines. We all share a heritage, a tradition, and a bond that has and will always make us the most elite, most formidable fighting force the world has ever known. We're pretty proud of that!! There is no "former" or "ex" Marine. We are Active Duty Marines, Marine Reservists, Marine Retirees and Marine Veterans. All Marines.

Happy Birthday Marines!!!

Semper Fidelis and.....

OOOOOO RAH!!!!

~Theo~
Old 11-10-2011, 09:20 AM   #2
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

AND a great big THANK YOU!!!!!!
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2011, 10:29 AM   #3
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Thank you for this!

My dad is so proud of his Marine history during WWII (as he should be).

I would not have known about the birthday of the Core without this thread.

It will make him happy as he is recovering from his recent hip fracture; that I am able to talk about this with him today.

Semper Fidelis Dad and all the rest of the Marines on the Planet!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2011, 10:31 AM   #4
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Semper Fi!
Old 11-10-2011, 10:36 AM   #5
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Happy Birthday. Thanks for the service and all you do Marines.
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2011, 06:35 PM   #6
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Happy
Birthday!

It's well deserved.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2011, 06:49 PM   #7
WomenMoveMe

How Do You Identify?:
I just wander about and be!
Relationship Status:
Caution: Dead End

Thanked 2,101 Times in 417 Posts
WomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST Reputation

Today is the Marine Corps birthday. Today is my birthday. I was born 52 years ago in Quantico, Virginia, essentially Marine Corps headquarters. My father graduated from officer candidate school on the same day and was commissioned as Marine Corps Lieutenant.

He decided that given these three events, I should be named 'Marina Cora'. Thank goodness my mother put the kibosh on this plan. While it is a lovely name, I am certain I would not have been a very good 'Marina'. Although, had I been a 'Marina', perhaps I might have turned out a different person altogether...but that is a theory for another day.

No point to this really...just felt like sharing.

Happy Birthday Marine Corps!!
WomenMoveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WomenMoveMe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2011, 07:05 PM   #8
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,159 Times in 3,632 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Happy Birthday ~♥~ Marines

OOOOOO RAHHHHHH

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post: