Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Communication, Friendship, Getting To Know One Another

Old 06-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #101
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,318 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
But I guess mostly, I'm curious. How do some of you handle anger? Does anyone else out there have issues similar to either of ours? If so, how have you handled communication in relationships?
Listening is important in my relationship.I listen anytime she wants to talk,listen only,that's the trick for me and not try to fix 'it'.She's venting and my job is to listen.When i'm angry the last thing i want is to talk,i like to be alone and not get her involved.I won't bag doors or yell,that will disrupt the whole house.When i'm done figuring it all out she'll ask if i'm okay and I tell her yes,over and done.
Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tuff Stuff For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2013, 05:09 AM   #102
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

This is simple. I don't. I don't communicate when I'm angry. (or at least I shouldn't)
I get quiet...and I percolate. And if given the time to do such, I work it out in my head.
I live by the mantra, if it's not going to bother me a day/week/month from now...then let it go. BUT, it takes time for me to arrive at that logical conclusion.
When I'm angry/upset, I need time to diffuse...to come down from that place. I know it is the yin and yang of feeling ALL my emotions so intensely. But, I take the good with the bad. And there's far more good than bad. I just need to keep reminding myself of that...

Old 06-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #103
Happyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 5,011 Times in 1,508 Posts
Happyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I don't get angry very often. When I do get angry I always try to get to the root of what is making me angry. I try to problem solve whatever the issue is by looking at myself. I never yell or scream in fact my voice becomes even calmer and softer as I work through the issue. I am always open to talking if the other person wants to talk. If the other person is not ready to talk I'm fine with that too. It always helps me if the other person simply says I know everything will be fine I just need to be quiet for now. If the person is not able to do that I'm ok with that too. I just feel a little better if they do say something like that.
Happyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Happyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2013, 04:02 PM   #104
CA_BabyCakes

How Do You Identify?:
All Femme

Thanked 1,174 Times in 282 Posts
CA_BabyCakes Has the BEST ReputationCA_BabyCakes Has the BEST ReputationCA_BabyCakes Has the BEST ReputationCA_BabyCakes Has the BEST ReputationCA_BabyCakes Has the BEST ReputationCA_BabyCakes Has the BEST ReputationCA_BabyCakes Has the BEST ReputationCA_BabyCakes Has the BEST ReputationCA_BabyCakes Has the BEST ReputationCA_BabyCakes Has the BEST ReputationCA_BabyCakes Has the BEST Reputation

Anger always turns into hurt for me. I'm a big talker, when I'm angry/hurt i have to keep talking until i feel better. This would probably annoy some people, but its the only way i can overcome things.
CA_BabyCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CA_BabyCakes For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #105
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

When I'm upset or something causes me to feel angry, right as I am blowing all my 'gaskets' .... I think what describes me best is that I'm like a star that's dangling in the heavens, sparkling like a silent firecracker.

I become very quiet.

As much as I like to think that I'm listening to what's being said or to what is not being said, my process is sometimes circumvented by my own thinking processes that are trying to make sense out of what is upsetting me or causing me to feel angry. When this happens, most often I just quietly shut down.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #106
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,639 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default anger

Directly.

Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2013, 10:21 PM   #107
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

I think it's important to look at the cause of the anger. For example, if I'm angry about something that's going on in the world, I can get up on my soap box and be very passionate and opinionated. If I'm angry at something somebody said because I feel insulted, I might get quiet and just stare in disbelief because I can't speak. If you've triggered me, fear and pain is what leads to the anger and that can get ugly. I try to talk things out with people calmly and rationally but if I'm dealing with an unreasonable or uncaring person, I won't communicate with them unless I have no choice. If I have to communicate, there is a lot of swearing, hollering, crying, and irrational behavior. So, in other words, I don't communicate, I turn into a frightened, caged animal. Never good.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:04 AM   #108
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I try very haard not to get to the point of anger,I would rather sitdaow then discus the issue and then work it out if anyway possable.On therare occasion I do get angry I just leave the room till the other party calmes down,I realise walkinh out of the room sets some folks off the wrong way but truely it's the best way to not get into a knock down chouting match wich I hate to be in.I grew up in a family that rarely had a kind word for each other unless they wanted something.When I had done my duity to my mother even then it took a while for me to compleatly getaway from all the b.s.At times I remeind myself I am nolonger in a negetive place....old scars are long in healing...I refuse to pass that pain to another.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2014, 06:12 PM   #109
SirenManda

How Do You Identify?:
I don’t want contact.

SirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST Reputation

I've noticed when I get angry, I go silent. I back away and physically get away from anyone who upset me. I can be very hurtful and tend to lash out when someone upsets me, I've learned this about myself and now I make space between myself and who ever theres tension with until I can emotionally calm down.
SirenManda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SirenManda For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2014, 06:25 PM   #110
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,154 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

It depends on the level of bullshit or jackassery I'm dealing with. If it's a big dose I am bound to explode. Which really has only happened at the V.A
fuck wits!
MrSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrSunshine For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2014, 07:30 PM   #111
traumaqueen

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
that grrl
Relationship Status:
happily occupied and awfully engaged.

traumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputation

Hulk smash!
Old 07-15-2014, 07:48 PM   #112
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Some days, this is all I can do

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2014, 03:03 AM   #113
CyberStud
Timed Out - Identity Issues

How Do You Identify?:
Stud_elicious
Relationship Status:
Married to the gym..it's true love <3

Thanked 1,232 Times in 334 Posts
CyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST Reputation
Default Communicate only when your heart and mind are engaged not enraged!

CyberStud is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CyberStud For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2015, 06:22 AM   #114
Prudence

How Do You Identify?:
"congratulations, it's a girl"
Preferred Pronoun?:
Woman
Relationship Status:
single

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on till morning.
Thanked 1,179 Times in 363 Posts
Prudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST Reputation

If the anger is aimed at me.. to make me feel less than... I do the "well sorry you feel that way .. but Im sure Ive had worse said to me and about me by better people"

p.s. That usually leaves them with their mouth open as I walk out.
"There is a vitality, a life force, and energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique."---Martha Graham

Last edited by Prudence; 02-06-2015 at 06:23 AM. Reason: ps needed
Prudence is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Prudence For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2015, 04:57 AM   #115
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

It depends on the person, the topic at hand.

I've never been much of a physical person, or yelling. I shut down, I get quiet, I try to remove myself. Sometimes it builds up so much it is literally impossible for me to talk. Being continually confronted and pushed at this point, I start to seethe and detest the person pushing me on, particularly when they know how I react and try to keep me there without letting me walk out.

When it's quick irritation/dislike, I can be sarcastic and give off "vibes". If you can't pick up on what I clearly perceive as wrong, I likely won't say anything until some time has passed/we're not in that situation and then say "Hey, you know earlier? I didn't like ________".

If it's through text I will set it down and ignore it until I can settle my emotions and be kind without being snappy and aggressive.

If someone is quick to make a worse case scenario before they even clarify/inform me something is wrong, it triggers an instant F U attitude and I have to really repress it.

ETA: If all else fails, loud screaming rock music via headphones [no, seriously]. Quite likely with my head under a pillow or three.
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2015, 02:40 PM   #116
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Like most people who have posted, it depends...on a lot. As in; who, what, when, where and how.

But, i believe the wording is the key in this question and it is all about communication. If things can be communicated, generally, i've found two people, or more than two, or employers can at least agree to disagree. And with that communication MUST come listening and caring what the other person is trying to convey.

If communication does not work and things are still heated, after trying and trying and trying....I simply shut down, totally. No going back for me. When it gets to that point. I'm done either with the conversation, situation or people.

Case in point: I worked for a Nursing Agency for 14 years. I loved the job and the people i worked with and my patients. As time went on, they were more and more about the bottom line and less and less about patient care. Now, this is a not for profit agency, just to be clear. Either way though, even if had been for profit, the way they started treating their employees and patients was despicable. I became very angry. I talked to my boss. Then to my boss's boss. I had meetings. I wrote emails. I tried to communicate, but it was to no avail.

End of story, i took all i could take and when i was done. I was done. I walked away. Good news is this led me to the job of my dreams and i've never been happier.

Communicating when angry is hard. I believe gathering your wits, seeing things from all angles, regrouping and trying to communicate when things settle is most effective, regardless of the outcome. Listening being a major form of communication. And if all parties are not responsive to communication, either drop it if it's not that important, or do something about it.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2015, 05:28 PM   #117
betruetoyoursoul

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She,Her,BabyGirl
Relationship Status:
On a Beautiful Journey regardless if I am single or coupled!

Thanked 2,397 Times in 1,093 Posts
betruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputation

....I am a person that tends to pick up emotions within a person and tension in all situations....My approach is to listen respectfully, share my perception of what I am hearing and ask for clarity , as I could be wrong.....I also tend to ask " What do you hear me saying?" ( in a tense situation) I can then clarify what my thought is and intention is/was if it has not been perceived/articulated in a way the other person heard me....I prefer not to sweep things under the carpet but to address things in a thoughtful way without degrading, yelling etc. and do a check in with the person....I have found this method to provide most often good results.....One of my personal boundaries is to never hit below the belt...... I tend to try not to provoke another person to anger...I would prefer a healthy conversation with respect....
Old 03-04-2015, 06:38 PM   #118
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

I tend not to be real good at communicating when I'm angry. I have a habit of shutting down when I'm really angry. I need time to walk away, collect my thoughts, and come back to the topic with a level-headed, logical statement.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:08 PM   #119
oboejive

How Do You Identify?:
Open lesbian and more femme-ish (although not much for labels) :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lee, she
Relationship Status:
Seeking Friends

oboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputation

I try to take some time to walk away from the situation to think, because I know that, when emotional, we all say things we don't mean. So, for me, letting myself just think things through before saying anything tends to help.
oboejive is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oboejive For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2015, 05:28 PM   #120
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

If someone is angry at me, I let them rave and rant and simply listen. When I'm mad however I tend to stay calm, take a deep breathe, gather my thoughts , and then hopefully convey in a civil manner my displeasure and the reason for it! I'm a cancer and it's often said "cancers don't get mad, they get even".
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: