Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 03-24-2015, 06:14 AM   #2401
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,781 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Gemme, no I am just using a simple spreadsheet. I am signed up for a few of those online trackers, and I know they have apps for phones, but I just never seem to log my stuff into those and never really learned how to use them to plan ahead like I can with my spreadsheet. I am sure the online and app trackers would work better for almost everyone.

Thanks for the tip Kelt. If I want to go to something more extensive later I will definitely consider it.

So I just have a simple spreadsheet. The first sheet is a master list of foods that I have on hand to eat, with serving size, number of calories, and grams of protein, carbs and fat. I am going with a 40-40-20 (protein, carbs, fat) which is a high protein diet but only eating lean forms of protein like turkey and chicken breast.

Then the other tabs are just each day where I plan out my meals and snacks. I am eating 5 to 6 times per day. I just copy items from the master list or meals/snacks from a different day and have running totals at the bottom of the spreadsheet and tweak it until my numbers come out right. It took a while to get all the info, but now it is mostly copy and paste, and adding a few new food items a week to the master list. I like just opening up my spreadsheet and planning my food that way. It's like making a to do list.

Once I have some food combinations that I like and that work well with my calories and ratios, I can just use them again on a different day. I really don't mind eating a lot of the same stuff over and over, so it works fine for me.

Now I just have to see how my body adjusts- if I am losing as much weight as I want and still getting stronger and able to do my weight lifting and other exercise. And yes, Kelt that is why I am tracking. I want to know how my body responds to what I eat and exercise so that I can meet my goals and develop good long term habits. So far it is working and I feel great!

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2015, 06:16 AM   #2402
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Sorry can't edit my prior post. On 40-40-20 I am talking about percentages.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2015, 07:17 PM   #2403
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I just copy items from the master list or meals/snacks from a different day and have running totals at the bottom of the spreadsheet and tweak it until my numbers come out right

Is it just me or does this sound like you cheat?

lol

I know what you mean, though.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2015, 05:48 AM   #2404
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Ha, ha Gemme, well I used to be an accountant, so I do indeed know how to massage numbers and tweak them to my liking!

However, in the end I do actually eat what the spreadsheet tells me to.

Happy exercising all!

- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2015, 09:29 AM   #2405
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
Ha, ha Gemme, well I used to be an accountant, so I do indeed know how to massage numbers and tweak them to my liking!

However, in the end I do actually eat what the spreadsheet tells me to.

Happy exercising all!
I think I know where you're going with this: setting up the plan on "paper" up front, looking at how the macronutrient ratios line up and then massaging what you actually eat a little bit to tweak the ratios into optimal form. If that's it, I gotta tell you it works amazingly well. That's what I did some time ago, and once you find your sweet spot, the weight just falls off (if that's your goal) and you feel good too!

I have a busy day on tap but am going to head out now and squeak in some cardio time for sanities sake, if I'm lucky with the weather, it'll be off to the river this afternoon too. Happy exercising everyone!

<< Not an accountant, but scientist is good enough on the geek front.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2015, 12:20 PM   #2406
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

I got out of bed. There, that puts all you regular exercisers to shame.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2015, 03:21 PM   #2407
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

CCB, it all adds up!

Yes, Kelt exactly. I know you speak from experience so that is great to hear. I've only been tracking for a couple of weeks now.

You definitely don't need to be an accountant to tweak numbers. Anyway, I'm not one anymore either, lol.

Scientists rock!

- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2015, 03:23 PM   #2408
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
I got out of bed. There, that puts all you regular exercisers to shame.
I just HAD to come and see why CCB was posting.in here...

As for me...I ckeaned a difficult house for 4 hours, walked Jacques down by the French Broad (river) and hefted over my paycheck to the car dealership..

Then came home and ckeaned some more. Once everything is tidy I may do yoga. Or I may just collapse.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:07 PM   #2409
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Today, I hiked 6.27 miles, at Forest Park, on the Wildwood trail. It felt amazing, I have been increasing my mileage weekly. Last week was 4 miles, and today I had decided to push myself to 5 miles, but just kept on going. I am restricted from a lot of activities at the moment, but hiking has been green-lighted by the doc.

Tomorrow, I'm going to call the doc, and see if I can get back to the pool. My gigantic (somewhat of an exaggeration, 8 inches) abdominal surgical wound, that I fondly refer to as my second belly button, has finally healed enough, that I think they will say it is okay. But, they may limit me to certain swimming styles. Wish me luck!
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2015, 09:24 AM   #2410
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I had a good one this morning. I decided to not go full out this time since I became very aware of my age and health level after last week's challenge.

E21, random program, level 5
262 cal, 1.89 mi, 30 min

B6, random program, level 5
164 cal, 5.40 mi, 30 min

I followed it up with about 15 minutes of stretching and ab work on the mat.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2015, 12:29 PM   #2411
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Gemme, age and health related issues has forced me into rethinking my workouts,I still can hit the max for a couple of days with not much of a problem but after that if I don't do something else the price I pay in deep soreness isn't worth it. My work outs were built around three exercises legs, core work and upper body. The abb cruncher dose work and well it just doesn't work if I do the recommended amount of work it says to do, I mean it's like I didn't do a thing.. so I added the same weight but nearly doubled the work. Well that works fine but the deep soreness is a bi4ch,the only way to get around it was to only do the exercise twice a week four days a part, it just doesn't seem like it is enough. The time on the bike and the upper body is fine so I find other ways to get core work. At the moment I am blinking away with my new cordless tens unit hoping to get the sciatica pain to quit messing with my left leg to I can have better use of it so I can do a decent workout later today. Age sucks.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2015, 04:40 PM   #2412
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Jacques and I TRIED to hike graveyard fields today...but the road was closed still...sad face..

We did somewhere else on the parkway: Beaver dam gap. The hike was uphill from the get go. We got to the top of a rocky knob and omg the view...the cars on the parkway looked like toys lol
As usual, the descent is what kicked my butt. There were muddy spots to boot. But we did ok and met only two other sets of hikers on the way down. Til then, we had the place entirely to ourselves
Old 03-29-2015, 06:48 PM   #2413
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I finaallllyyyy went to the gym. First I did 30 minutes stairmaster (always kicks my ass in a good way). Then, trying to stay away from the bike and the treadmill, due to still having some back problems, I returned to the Arc Trainer which I did for an hour. However, I just could not get my heart rate up on it, making it very unsatisfying. Then I did an hour of weight lifting, yoga, stretching, and abs. That was nice

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2015, 07:01 PM   #2414
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I worked out, got stinky sweaty, my fur kids and I had a blast. When it was over I just sweated it out and walked to cool off sipping on s big bottle of sugar free lemon aid I made myself. Now for a late supper of half a large apple and tuna sandwich on whole wheat bread. The worst thing was I had to stop and catch my breath a few times, felt like a sissy but gotta breath to live.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2015, 08:50 PM   #2415
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

I cleaned the crap out of the kitchen and definitely worked up a sweat doing it!

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2015, 08:53 PM   #2416
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
I finaallllyyyy went to the gym. First I did 30 minutes stairmaster (always kicks my ass in a good way). Then, trying to stay away from the bike and the treadmill, due to still having some back problems, I returned to the Arc Trainer which I did for an hour. However, I just could not get my heart rate up on it, making it very unsatisfying. Then I did an hour of weight lifting, yoga, stretching, and abs. That was nice
My god! You are a brute

I can say I never have a problem getting HR up on the arc. Careful on the back though missy.

I've been doing pretty well this last week, I only missed the gym once although one other time I had to go short. Mostly 90 min a day cardio.

Most afternoons have featured a nice walk along the river banks too. My weird leg/foot goes numb for a few hours and then aches like crazy thing is back, not pushing it. Gettin' old ain't for sissies!
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2015, 05:21 PM   #2417
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Default Repost from body image thread

I found this article this morning.

A series of photos of a woman in her workout wear is inspiring men and women across the internet to remember 'We aren't Barbies.'

Q13 Fox reports, The photos, which can be seen here, were posted on IMGUR and Reddit under the name SomewhereUnderWater and titled 'reality check.'

The four photos show the woman in different poses highlighting certain areas of her body.

"We aren't Barbies. We are made of flesh and blood," said the user. "These are all the same body - my body. I have worked hard for this body and I am proud of this body."

She referenced how people are constantly surrounded by images of their "friends highlight reel" that doesn't always show reality. In her photos, she says it's good to see a little reality to keep realistic expectations.

"No matter where you are on your body's journey, be proud and love yourself. Make goals because you love your body not because you hate it," she wrote.

After the photo went viral, she returned to the post to write an update after all of the positive messages it received. She said she was inspired to do the photo set after seeing an article on a blog that changed her "unrealistic expectations" of her own body. The post helped her realize that even fit and healthy people struggle with body image.

"We all struggle with body image, we are all in this together!" she wrote.

The woman says the most important thing is we that we love our bodies by taking care of them. "We won't always like everything that they do, or the path they have gone down or everything that happens to them but we do have to love them (like family)," she said.

Since it was posted, the photo has been viewed nearly a million times and has received praise from hundreds of commenters.

"Thank you! As someone who has lost a ton of weight, it's hard to be happy with the new me when I see my belly not super flat all the time," said KittyLaStrange.

"Thanks for this, especially the photos on the right," said Hanakimi. "People never show those angles, and it's just very...real. And Awesome. You're awesome."

As she says, we aren't Barbies. We're flesh and blood and we're not perfect. I think this is so important for folks to see. Even those that have bodies that we might covet aren't perfect in every position or light. Our perceived flaws make us human.

Someone suggested this might be a good place for this article as well. Why said person did not just copy my quote and paste it in by their self, I do not know. I wouldn't have minded.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2015, 08:00 PM   #2418
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Awesome work-out today! My back, which continues to act up on and off, has not been acting up, and I did not do anything to aggravate it today. What a victory.

First I did 30 minutes on the stairmaster, random program. Then I did 45 minutes on the treadmill. I kept it light with minimal jogging/running so as not to hurt my back, and thankfully it worked. I did intervals of 4 minutes at 4mph with no incline, and 4 minutes at 3.5 mph with an incline of 5. Before, I had been doing an incline of 12 at 4mph, so this made a very positive difference, at least for today. I had actually decided not to do the treadmill. But some of you probably know how that is- you have an exercise you just love and you can't pull yourself away from finding some way to do it. Anyway, then I did 45 minutes of weight lifting, abs, stretching, and yoga. I am still down 3 lbs per hand weight from what I was at before. It's frustrating but better to be cautious and build up again.

I am on Spring break from school so I'm trying to use that time to get back into a healthy routine.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2015, 08:17 PM   #2419
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Boy oh boy, the abb cruncher is now in the do not use pile. Yes, it dose work very well on the core, better then anything I have used yet, it also strengthens
the back and sides. Trouble is if you have any kind of spinal issues it will wreck you back bad as it has mine...again. No where in any of the instructions dose it say a thing about this sort of thing so after three times messing up my back with very deep muscle soreness that turned into me having another set of injections next Thursday...I give it up and will do other things even though they don't work as well. Lesson learned. I am still doing lite workouts that won't strain my back so I will stay in the work out groove I am using a back brace that is restrictive but doable. Cary on you all I gain strength from reading about your adventures.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2015, 09:06 PM   #2420
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 12,242 Times in 2,540 Posts
little_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputation

25,000 Fitbit steps! Hit a trail this morning and a light jog this evening. Feeling good!
little_ms_sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights