Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekboi View Post
you're not man, I'll grab a nice pair of kakhis and a polo or button down shirt if I'm going somewhere nice. Most of the time I'm in wrangler jeans and boots.
Yay I'm not alone, hot damn! I'm not much for classic or fancy button downs, god knows I might have to wear one for my sisters wedding. I find what is comfortable for me. I guess maybe clothes don't make the man, it should be his integrity and personality.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2014, 03:41 PM   #42
rocky 781

How Do You Identify?:
TG/stone butch domesticated daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Syr Hy Hym Daddy
Relationship Status:
forever a bachelor my heart belong to a special someone olny

rocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputation

I agree jar mens warehouse is my fav place to buy suits
rocky 781 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rocky 781 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2014, 04:20 PM   #43
rocky 781

How Do You Identify?:
TG/stone butch domesticated daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Syr Hy Hym Daddy
Relationship Status:
forever a bachelor my heart belong to a special someone olny

rocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputation

I really enjoy a banded shirt or shirts with French I don't wear polo shirt I usually wear long shirts all year around
rocky 781 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rocky 781 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2014, 07:17 PM   #44
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I don't think the clothes make the man! It is what his heart and personality say! That is just my opinion!

Albert Einstein
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2014, 02:21 PM   #45
Rufusboi

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Partnered

Rufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST Reputation

I am Goodwill shopper myself.

If it costs more than $5.00 I will not buy it.
Rufusboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rufusboi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2014, 02:01 AM   #46
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Nothing wrong with being a thrift shopper. I don't spend a ton of money on just one clothing item.

However a special occasion is coming up so I have to spend a bit more for one item.
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2015, 12:23 AM   #47
blueboi_dragon

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, his, him
Relationship Status:
Married

blueboi_dragon Has the BEST Reputationblueboi_dragon Has the BEST Reputationblueboi_dragon Has the BEST Reputationblueboi_dragon Has the BEST Reputationblueboi_dragon Has the BEST Reputationblueboi_dragon Has the BEST Reputationblueboi_dragon Has the BEST Reputationblueboi_dragon Has the BEST Reputationblueboi_dragon Has the BEST Reputationblueboi_dragon Has the BEST Reputationblueboi_dragon Has the BEST Reputation

I'm country and I wear wranglers and the t-shirts and cowboy boots. When I wasn't on t I was buying in the men's off the rack and they fit weird but now that I'm on t they fit me so much better but I gained so much weight being on t and being disabled I had to go up a few sizes. Plus I'm large in the chest and I haven't had surgery yet I have to buy 2x shirts just to fit over my chest.
blueboi_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blueboi_dragon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2015, 03:37 AM   #48
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Welcome Blueboi_dragon!

I hear ya about the big chest, I cant hide mine yet but I am pre everything right now due to other health issues.

Glad to see more country guys in the thread!

Albert Einstein
Old 03-16-2015, 05:15 AM   #49
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueboi_dragon View Post
I'm country and I wear wranglers and the t-shirts and cowboy boots. When I wasn't on t I was buying in the men's off the rack and they fit weird but now that I'm on t they fit me so much better but I gained so much weight being on t and being disabled I had to go up a few sizes. Plus I'm large in the chest and I haven't had surgery yet I have to buy 2x shirts just to fit over my chest.
How long have you been on testosterone? I have only been on it for 6 months (most of that time low dose), and my upper body was quick to bulk up (without strength training, even), larger shoulders and the like.

Although I have had top surgery, I have needed to go up in shirt size. I am not sure what exactly is going on with my middle/core area, but I am not fitting into my pants. It is hard to tell what is larger. I know this sounds weird, but I don't think that my gut is that much bigger. Anyway, I have gained 15 lbs and have had to go up 1.5 pants size. I am sure the majority of that is muscle increase, though.

I also don't know how much is what weight. I am taking cypionate testosterone, which I know carries water at the beginning. Problem is I had to drop to low dose after I had moved up to regular dose (now I am back up again), so part of this is my body not knowing which hormone it is to work off of.

Anyway, so far I have only bought one pair of jeans and I am wearing the same couple pair of dress pants to work because I really want to try to see what happens. I already needed to move up in size of jeans (like a year ago), but these are tighter than they would have been pre T.

Anyway, I have a number of nice, expensive dress pants I have to toss due to the change.

Fortunately, I have always been able to buy off the rack, in both men's shirts and pants, even prior to top surgery. I had a larger chest, but the years of binding kept them flat, so I didn't have to buy larger and then have to get the arms shortened/shoulder seams moved up to the shoulders.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2015, 10:57 PM   #50
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

I hate shopping for clothes now! I used to love to shop but I will wear what I have till they wear out!

I am sick of shirts either don't fit due to being top heavy or they don't fit around the waist!

I know I can't be the only one!

Albert Einstein
Old 03-21-2015, 08:46 PM   #51
blueboi_dragon

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, his, him
Relationship Status:
Married

blueboi_dragon Has the BEST Reputationblueboi_dragon Has the BEST Reputationblueboi_dragon Has the BEST Reputationblueboi_dragon Has the BEST Reputationblueboi_dragon Has the BEST Reputationblueboi_dragon Has the BEST Reputationblueboi_dragon Has the BEST Reputationblueboi_dragon Has the BEST Reputationblueboi_dragon Has the BEST Reputationblueboi_dragon Has the BEST Reputationblueboi_dragon Has the BEST Reputation

I've been on T for two years now and still trying to get money up for my surgery for I'm fighting for my disability as well for both mental health and just plain health reasons. So with just one income in my home it makes it very hard luckily I don't have rent or morage (spelling) because I bought my house 10 years ago and paid it off already.

But I too hate shopping for clothes. It's like they think everyone wants to have sparkly crap on them. When really I want a nice pair of blue jeans without the sparkle and a t-shirt and boots that's it.
blueboi_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blueboi_dragon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2015, 12:50 AM   #52
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

I can't wait to get back into Wranglers like I used to, the good ole cowboy cut relaxed fit, NO SPARKLY STUFF jeans.

I used to love shopping but now I don't, I dread it cuz I have gained a bit of weight and it costs so dang much.

Albert Einstein
Old 03-22-2015, 07:35 AM   #53
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
I can't wait to get back into Wranglers like I used to, the good ole cowboy cut relaxed fit, NO SPARKLY STUFF jeans.

I used to love shopping but now I don't, I dread it cuz I have gained a bit of weight and it costs so dang much.
I am lucky because we have outlet stores of my favorite brands just a bit over an hour away. Otherwise, I do online shopping.

Today, though I am going to the "mall". Now that I am living as male at work, I need to ensure I "pass" with new people. I need to start wearing ties. Ties will seal the deal that I am male if someone does wonder. I am thinking in about 4 weeks my voice will be low enough that there won't be a question.

I have gained weight and my shoulders have broadened, so I need new shirts and pants, too. I have been wearing pretty much the same size (in both), since I was in my 20's, so I am not thrilled with this. I am going to try to get away with only buying a couple pairs of pants as I don't know where my body is going to go next with taking T. It is possible some of it is just water retention and this inflated stomach will shrink a bit.

I just got a new haircut, something shorter. It is funny because I used to have to be careful that my hair wasn't too short Pre-T so that I could "pass" as female at work, now I need to be seen the other way! Pretty funny.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2016, 03:42 PM   #54
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Default Men's dress shoes in women's sizes

https://www.tomboytoes.com/

Old 05-06-2016, 11:40 PM   #55
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

If anyone likes shopping at Kohl's, I have found that the Helix button down shirts in the casual mens section seem to fit really well. I have found I also don't need to bind while wearing them due to their fit they are able to hide my chest. It works our rather nicely.

Same games for the Levi's stretching jeans that they are now selling. Granted Kohl's can be a bit pricey, the fit is very nice.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2016, 07:29 PM   #56
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl_On_Fire View Post
I'm interested to know from the trans guys how the way you dress makes you feel in public. What do you prefer to wear? Do you purchase custom clothing like the kind mentioned in the link or do you make it work with men's clothes?

I thought this thread topic might prompt a really insightful discussion.

(I know I'm a femme starting this thread but I do love trans guys and male-identified butches so I hope you don't mind.)
The clothes I wear can definitely impact whether or not I feel self-conscious. Generally I'm a pretty casual person. My preferred "dress code" is cargo shorts and band shirts, or cargo shorts with t-shirt and open (usually) plaid button down. I'm not really into dressing formally and it makes me feel a bit uncomfortably and uneasy, not myself. At work luckily with my job I'm fine wearing shorts/pants and a plain t-shirt, plain longsleeve, open button down or something like that. Plus the same boots I wear everywhere (which I need to change soon cause they're cracking and heel's been worn away pretty bad thanks to 7 years of wearing them in pretty much every context that isn't super formal or the gym).

If I dress formal its just dress pants, dress shirt, and same dress shoes I've had since I was 16 (aka 15 years) I pretty much only have two dress shirts right now, one burgundy/black striped with long sleeves, another plain black with short sleeves. Only really wear the burgundy/black stripe one cause its really soft and light. Not really into ties or that sort of thing.

I once bought a super nice black blazer from H&M which was the only time I really felt good in one, but after the event I ended up returning it for the refund cause I was low on cash. Now wishing that I'd kept it though because I'm going to another wedding soon and would prefer to have one. Really regret that, heh. I would love to find another one like that, but can't even remember the size.

As far as off the rack vs tailored, I've only ever bought off the rack. I'm around 5'7 so I don't find I've ever had too much trouble fitting into regular men's clothes. Sometimes something might be a bit long, but I don't really mind much or notice much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
I know I can't be the only guy who doesn't dress up?
Nope you're not the only one! Only time I've really dressed up in the last five years has been for a wedding, funerals, and my partner's graduation. Otherwise I can get away with being pretty casual...which is how I like it lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
What is it about those button down collars you chaps like?

I don't see folks wearing that style over here, not in the bft community anyway...or didn't when I was going out often enough to know, doesn't look to have changed according to fb.

I have one black Ben Sherman oxford shirt that looks great with a Death Kitty tie but on the whole I like a cutaway collar w/collar stays.

It's not a challenge or a comment on you lot liking and wearing them, just an enquiry as to why.
No button down shirts? I can understand not wearing them casually, but what else would you wear in a formal setting since most formal shirts are button down? Edit: I just looked up an "Oxford shirt" and apparently these are also button downs. I'm confused now lol

Anyway with the casual button downs, I dunno I think I'm just stuck in the 90's or something. I grew up in the late 80's and 90's when plaid button downs open over a t-shirt were pretty much the default shirt. Plus for whatever reason Canadians like plaid button downs lol I don't wear them as much in the summer, but I find them pretty convenient for fall/spring/a warmer winter.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2016, 07:55 PM   #57
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

I can't tell you the last time I got really dressed up for something because to me dressing up is formal wear like a tux.

I wear khakis and a nice shirt to like funerals or other things but mainly I stick to my staples.

I just recently bought myself my first short sleeved pearl snap western shirt, it fits great and I am happy to finally be comfortable in clothing.

Albert Einstein
Old 09-04-2016, 09:08 PM   #58
cork1961

How Do You Identify?:
TransMan
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

cork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputation
Default For me they do...

I'm usually fairly casual, though I do love a button down collar and tie for work.

Bought a custom suit deal on ebay a few years ago for a great price. Sent all my measurements to Hong Kong and got a really nice wool suit. Wasn't perfect, but needed minimal tailoring here. For me, clothes that fit well definitely make me more confident, especially on more formal occasions.
cork1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cork1961 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2016, 09:32 PM   #59
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cork1961 View Post
I'm usually fairly casual, though I do love a button down collar and tie for work.

Bought a custom suit deal on ebay a few years ago for a great price. Sent all my measurements to Hong Kong and got a really nice wool suit. Wasn't perfect, but needed minimal tailoring here. For me, clothes that fit well definitely make me more confident, especially on more formal occasions.
Now that I have transitioned, I have very much loved adding the tie to my work ensemble.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2018, 10:38 AM   #60
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation
Default At last

I have purchased and worn suits for years; purchasing one today was quite different.
First now that 1/2 top surgery is done ( removal) my chest issues no longer exist and I can buy one that is not custom made. Binding was never possible even with ace bandages and duct tape I only ever got down to a maybe D.

So today I bought myself a 3 piece Harris tweed brown with matching hat and scarf.and tie... and the tailoring needed was minimal!
Size 48. Reg jacket with just a tad taken in on the back.... taken in!!!!
At 6’ trousers have never been an issue, and oh I got well ordered 2 shirts to go with it... one a muted yellow and the other a soft beige . Now for the new shoes..... heading to Nordstrom rack they have a sale.
I have been wanting this for years and promised myself I would buy it after top surgery. So I saved my pennies.
My favorite clothing store has been and will continue to be Good Will ... I picked up 2 Armani shirts and a nice white dress shirt with Nordstrom label for 2 dollars each. I am known for my cheapness just ask any woman I dated in past 30 years. 😀
Now that I am finally starting to see the person inside me stare back at me in the mirror and when I had that suit on.... all I was missing was the well trimmed beard. Time to spoil me for a while; and put myself first.

Tags
clothing, trans