Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 04-13-2016, 12:54 PM   #381
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Raw Brownie Bites -(Vegan, Paleo)
Makes about one dozen

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups raw walnut halves
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (alcohol free, if
you prefer)
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 cup soft dates, pitted (about 10 Medjool
dates)
1 tablespoon water
Additional cocoa powder, for coating (optional)
(I prefer to roll mine in shredded coconut)

Directions:
In a large food processor fitted with an “S”
blade, grind the walnuts into a fine meal.
Add in the rest of the ingredients and
process again until a sticky, uniform dough
is formed. Scoop the batter by heaping
tablespoons onto a plate or baking sheet
lined with parchment paper, to prevent
sticking. Roll the balls between your
hands, and roll them in cocoa powder, if
desired.

Recipe by Detoxinista
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2016, 06:54 PM   #382
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

LoL, great minds think alike Jesse, I was just coming to your thread to ask if there was a way to make peanut butter cookies that were not filled with sugar and half way decent tasting.

Chocolate in my opinion is NOT Paleo, and peanut butter is totally not Paleo, lol.

My Son is jonesing for pb cookies that won't completely ruin his Paleo plan. Now I skip all that and eat Cajun boiled peanuts by the giant can. Yes, they are addictive.

I need to get online and search. Maybe PB and coconut?? yummy.

for you Jesse.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2016, 07:05 PM   #383
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Hey, about the starchy carb cravings, I have found out that my magnesium levels are extremely low, and it's the low Mag levels that cause my cravings, so I have investigated the Natural salt remedy.

I have gotten amazing results. My Diabetic Neuropathy is GONE. The constant pain all over my body is GONE. The aching and stiffness is
GONE.

I highly recommend watching this video, take good notes!!!

https://youtu.be/8xweziIaUMo
The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2016, 07:17 PM   #384
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I found a couple of "peanut butter" cookies recipes and no, peanut butter is not Paleo but these look like super alternatives.

Anyone else have good cookie recipes you have tried?

Paleo Peanut Butter Cookies
Author: Misty
Recipe type: DessertCuisine: American
Prep time: 35 minsCook time: 10 mins Total time: 45 mins
Serves: 4

Ingredients
1 cup almond butter
⅓ cup honey
¼ cup palm sugar
3 tablespoons coconut flour
1 egg
½ teaspoon baking soda

Instructions
In a bowl combine almond butter, honey, egg, and baking soda
Add palm sugar and coconut flour and mix well
Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Drop spoon size amount of dough onto greased or parchment lined cookie sheet, flatten slightly with a fork
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges just start getting dark

http://www.familypaleomealplans.com/...utter-cookies/

Where does Palm sugar come from?

As the name implies, palm sugar comes from palm trees. While this type of sugar was originally made from the Palmyra palm – also known as the date palm or sugar date palm – it is now made from the nipa palm and the Arenga pinnata (sugar palm) as well. This type of sugar is made from sap collected by making slits in the stem of the palm tree. The collected sap is then boiled until it is thickened. A similar product can also be made from coconut palms and is generally referred to as coconut palm sugar. The difference is that coconut palm sugar is derived from the flower buds of the coconut palm whereas traditional palm sugar is collected from the tree itself.

http://www.primalpal.net/paleo-recip...-Do-You-Use-It

Paleo Almond Butter Cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes

Yield: 18 Cookies

This is a wonderful nut cookie recipe base - experiment with different nut butters and Paleo-friendly add-ins, like chocolate chips from Navitas Naturals Cacao Nibs, coconut shreds, chopped nuts, etc.

Ingredients

1 cup natural almond butter
3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1.5 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Coarse sea salt

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Line baking sheet with parchment paper or use a Silpat mat.
In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients except the coarse sea salt, until well combined.
Spoon 1 tablespoon of mixture about 1 inch apart onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
Flatten the mounds with a fork and make a crosshatch (or other) pattern on the cookies.
Sprinkle coarse salt on top of the cookies.
Bake about 10 minutes or until golden around edges, switching the position of the pans halfway thorough baking.
Transfer freshly-baked cookies to a cooling rack and let rest.

Adapted from Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe, courtesy of Claire Robinson

http://paleocookiest.com/2012/paleo-...utter-cookies/

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2016, 07:42 PM   #385
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thank you so much Anya!!!!

I have several of those ingredients I will go in the kitchen now and see if I can whip something up!!!

for you Anya!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2016, 08:42 PM   #386
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Hello!

I started high protein low carbs back in February. I feel SO much better.

What i miss? CEREAL - i was totally addicted.

Just ate a venison burger. I bit disappointed because it was overcooked but glad I found some venison!

Totally loving avocados, nuts and cheese!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2016, 08:44 PM   #387
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPa View Post
I am having such a difficult time staying on the low carb diet....every time I turn around I break down and start back on carbs and feel worse for it. Have others struggled with this too and what do you do to keep yourself on track??

For me i don't buy it at all, if its in the house, i can't help myself.

When i go out, i don't let them bring bread to me at all.

Thats all i got.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2016, 05:43 AM   #388
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,100 Times in 8,594 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPa View Post
I am having such a difficult time staying on the low carb diet....every time I turn around I break down and start back on carbs and feel worse for it. Have others struggled with this too and what do you do to keep yourself on track??
Sometimes it like that for me too, PaPa. Today I'm returning 42 single-serving bags (yep, 42) of Famous Amos cookies to Costco. I thought (pretended) I could eat a bag a day. I can't, and like girl_dee wrote, the best way to stay on the wagon is not to have high carbs in the house.

I know better, but still did it. So, here I am starting all over again this weekend.

Just keep trying, PaPa. And remember it helps when high-carb foods aren't easy to access.

Good luck!
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2016, 03:45 PM   #389
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Since I have been missing cereal so much, I ordered Paleo Coconut flakes from Julian bakery on Amazon.

I got them today. They are just delicious! They have 7 net carbs, 7 grams of fiber, 2 grams of protein ( yes, low) and they are the only grain-free cold cereal available. They look like wheat flakes but are made from Coconut meat. I certainly won't be able to eat it every day but it is so nice to have another option.

I went back to work this past Monday and had a really hard time with breakfast.

What do readers of this thread do for a quick breakfast when you don't have much time?

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2016, 05:01 PM   #390
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
Since I have been missing cereal so much, I ordered Paleo Coconut flakes from Julian bakery on Amazon.

I got them today. They are just delicious! They have 7 net carbs, 7 grams of fiber, 2 grams of protein ( yes, low) and they are the only grain-free cold cereal available. They look like wheat flakes but are made from Coconut meat. I certainly won't be able to eat it every day but it is so nice to have another option.

What do readers of this thread do for a quick breakfast when you don't have much time?

I cook a whole pack of breakfast sausage or bacon and boil a dozen eggs on Sunday for the week.

If I don't have time to fix anything i have something already cooked.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2016, 10:49 AM   #391
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

For a quick breakfast when I don't have anything available and no time to cook ... I go to a fast food restaurant and get a side order of scrambled eggs and one or two side orders of sausage.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2016, 11:12 AM   #392
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

This is the first day of flushing carbs from my system. What works for me is to not focus on losing weight for the first few days and just work on getting the carbs out of my system. So I eat what I want, when I want, as long as it's low carb.

For breakfast I had a Denver omelet (ham, bell pepper, onion, eggs) slices of tomatoes and decaf.

I'll have a couple small salads today (lettuce, sprouts, very few tomatoes—if any, chopped cabbage, chopped kale, cucumbers), will snack on boiled eggs, will have some shelled edamames with sesame oil, and for dinner I'll probably have salmon in anchovy butter with cauliflower rice and maybe some steamed chard.

I'll make some kale chips this weekend and will snack on that, too.

My goal is to lose weight and the only way I successfully lose weight is to count calories. I'll start counting my calories once I get the carbs out of my system. It's easier for me to eat less than 1300 calories a day when I'm eating low-carb foods.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2016, 05:47 PM   #393
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

While searching for a good Paleo flatbread recipe I came across this tasty looking little number: Thinking they would make a great "dip chip" or if spread a little thinner when making, they could be used as a crunchy bed for other foods.

http://purejoyplanet.com/recipes/flaky-mexican-crisps/

Also, on the topic of carbs, breads are a big weakness for me, partly because they are just so convenient, and partly because they taste so good. I am trying to find healthy replacements for them. So if you have an awesome recipe using any of the nut/seed meals that is Paleo friendly please share it here.

*Tip- I have found that mashed and seasoned rutabagas make an awesome replacement for mashed potatoes. I personally prefer them over the cauliflower replacement. (note: I have no intolerances to dairy so I do use a little evaporated milk and grass fed butter when I make them.) Rutabagas are Paleo and extremely nutritional. http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/nutr...agas-1801.html
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2016, 11:37 PM   #394
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Here is a granola recipe that may work for those of you looking for a cereal replacement. I'd recommend refrigerating it if you live in a hot climate like I do.

Paleo Maple-Cinnamon Granola {Grain-Free; Gluten-Free; Nut-Free; Naturally-Sweetened}
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2016, 12:37 PM   #395
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

I made Paleo brownies yesterday from a mix and melted the coconut oil and forgot to add it to the batter. I forgot it was in the microwave. Out of sight and all that.

It was so thick, I couldn't stir it.

I thought, what is wrong with this? I had some organic, unsweetened applesauce and thought, WTH, so added some. I didn't even check to see if ok to do it, didn't count the net carbs either.

Came out semi-ok. I just needed a desert bite or two.

Jesse, the link below for granola doesn't work for me. Maybe it's my iPad?

~Washington Post

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2016, 11:30 PM   #396
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Quote:
I made Paleo brownies yesterday from a mix and melted the coconut oil and forgot to add it to the batter. I forgot it was in the microwave. Out of sight and all that.

It was so thick, I couldn't stir it.

I thought, what is wrong with this? I had some organic, unsweetened applesauce and thought, WTH, so added some. I didn't even check to see if ok to do it, didn't count the net carbs either.

Came out semi-ok. I just needed a desert bite or two.

Jesse, the link below for granola doesn't work for me. Maybe it's my iPad?
Thanks Anya. It seems that anediblemosiac.com is having server problems. Hopefully they will get it straightened out soon.

P.S. The raw brownie bites posted at the top of this page are pretty good, plus they are good for you.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2016, 10:30 AM   #397
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Anya, I happened across this grain free brownie recipe and thought about you.

Unbelievably quick and easy to make, these hassle-free brownie bites come together in just 20 minutes. Though they're vegan, grain-free, and Paleo-friendly, you'd never know it from the fudgy texture and rich chocolate flavor.

Double-Chocolate Brownie Bites

Yield: One 8x4-inch pan
Active Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients

1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
3 tablespoons water
1 1/2 cup cashews, walnuts, or pecans
11 medjool dates, pitted
2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup chopped dark chocolate

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 8x4-inch baking tin or loaf pan with parchment paper.

Mix together ground flaxseeds with water in small bowl, and set aside.

Place nuts and dates in bowl of food processor fitted with blade attachment and pulse to roughly combine. Add cacao, baking soda, vanilla extract, salt, and flaxseed mixture and process thoroughly until ingredients form a homogenous batter. Stir in chopped chocolate.

Scrape batter into prepared tin and bake 10 minutes in oven. Cool completely before cutting into bite-size pieces.

(Found on Thrive website)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2016, 11:20 AM   #398
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Unfortunately for me, I am still firmly attached to dairy products, well not milk, definitely cheese & yogurt!

That said, this coconut "yogurt" recipe was in one of the newsletters that hits my inbox on a regular basis and I thought I would post it here in case anyone is interested in trying it. It's not listed but this is also Paleo.

Super Thick Coconut "Yogurt"

Vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, no bake/raw, nut-free, oil-free, soy-free

This “shortcut” coconut yogurt is as simple and fresh as it
gets! I occasionally buy coconut yogurt from the grocery
store, but when I want something that is super fresh and
without any added ingredients I will make this version for a
fun treat. Granted, it's not a true yogurt since there's no
fermentation, but I love how quick this version is....
http://herballegacy.com/Super%20Thic...t%20Yogurt.pdf

Ingredients:
2 cups fresh young Thai coconut meat (or thawed Young Thai Coconut Meat, see headnote)
1/2 cup coconut water (or use filtered water in a pinch)
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (reduce for a less tart flavor)
1/4-1/2 teaspoon probiotic powder, optional (you can empty probiotic capsules, if desired)
pinch of pink salt or fine grain sea salt
liquid sweetener to taste (I use 1 tablespoon natural cane sugar)

Directions:

1. Add all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend on low, gradually increasing the speed to high, until super smooth. Keep blending until it’s not grainy anymore. Adjust sweetness to taste by adding sweetener if desired and blending again. I add a tablespoon of cane sugar and blend on high to pulverize it in my Vitamix.

2. Spoon the yogurt into an air-tight container and chill in the fridge for at least a couple hours.

3. Serve with granola and chia seed jam, parfait-style, if desired. Or simply enjoy alone.

Recipe by Angela Liddon
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2016, 03:50 PM   #399
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Does anyone else eat organ meats? I do, but I buy from the farmers/ranchers who raise grass fed, pesticide free, cruelty free, non-gmo.

Anyway, my reason for asking is I wanted to tell you about these awesome burgers that you make using bacon ends and pieces, liver, and whatever type of ground beef you prefer, be it cow,bison or what have you, same goes for the liver. I'll post the recipe link but basically you grind the bacon and liver together, and mix it in with your ground beef and whatever seasonings you want then cook it. It will grind in your food processor, but it only takes a second or two...too much and you will have liver soup. I think these are possibly the best burgers I have ever had. To me, they do not taste like liver, rather the ground beef just tastes enhanced... richer...better.

505050 Burgers
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2016, 09:46 AM   #400
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Good morning low carbers!

I have had a difficult time this week. I even bought a box of carb crackers for some crazy reason-maybe the prednisone I am on-and then ate about 15 of them till I threw them in the trash. Had to move on from that and get back on track.

The thing I love the most about low carb eating is, for me, no guilt eating. I still can't believe that I can have some real whipped cream on sugar-free jello and it is OK.

My last UA showed trace of ketones a (I don't have diabetes so it is not unsafe for me) and I was so happy because I do a rough count of net carbs, I do not count them perfectly. I am not losing weight but am not gaining either. I am working on mentally readying to be more serious about counting them.

I had gained about 20 lbs since the beginning of my relationship (she is a great cook) but wound up losing 28 lbs during my hospitalization and recovery. I don't want to gain it back again!

I just miss bread sometimes and none of the paleo/low carb breads I have tried were any good to me. There may be one out there that I don't have to make from scratch but I have not found one.

Anyway, back to recipes. I love waffles and have tried several recipes. The one I did this morning is very similar to the one I always made for my daughters as they grew up. It was from the original Joy of Cooking (I still have this cookbook) and the egg whites are folded separately into the mix so they come out light and fluffy.

The low carb waffles are worth the extra work. You see 5 eggs and think it will make a million waffles but it only made about 4 and a half. I will freeze the rest and heat up on a morning I can't face eggs again.

Happy eating and sorry for the length of this post. It is a true confessions kind of morning:

WAFFLES

PREP TIME
10 mins
COOK TIME
20 mins
TOTAL TIME
30 mins

Author: Libby
Recipe type: Breakfast; Snack; Lunch
Cuisine: Low carb; LCHF; Grain free; No sugars; Gluten free; Wheat free
Serves: 5

INGREDIENTS
5 eggs separated
4 tbs coconut flour
3-5 tbs granulated stevia, or sweetener of choice, to taste
1 tsp baking powder
1-2 tsp vanilla
3 tbs full fat milk (NOTE: I used heavy cream as I do not have or use milk now, worked perfectly)
125g/ 4.5 oz butter melted

INSTRUCTIONS
First bowl.
Whisk the egg whites until firm and form stiff peaks.
Second bowl
Mix the egg yolks, coconut flour, stevia, and baking powder.
Add the melted butter slowly, mixing to ensure it is a smooth consistency.
Add the milk and vanilla, mix well.
Gently fold spoons of the whisked egg whites into the yolk mixture. Try to keep as much of the air and fluffiness as possible.
Place enough of the waffle mixture into the warm waffle maker to make one waffle. Cook until golden.
Repeat until all the mixture has been used.

http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2015/12/08/keto-waffles/

~Washington Post

Last edited by *Anya*; 05-21-2016 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Forgot something
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:

Tags
carbs, healthy fats, high protein, low carbs, paleo