Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LOVE > Dating, Marriage, Family

Old 09-28-2012, 04:22 PM   #121
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

I wish her old threads would go away, especially if they are going to inspire sexist humor, but even if not. It makes me think of all the people who invested TIME, and some even a certain amount of concern and affection, in a poser. It's so fraudulant when someone does that. It makes you feel robbed. Hell, people posted their wedding videos on this thread.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 04:40 PM   #122
Electrocell

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/hy

Thanked 2,768 Times in 982 Posts
Electrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST Reputation

I would if that is what the lady wanted but other than that no I wouldn't ask permission.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:43 PM   #123
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
I wish her old threads would go away, especially if they are going to inspire sexist humor, but even if not. It makes me think of all the people who invested TIME, and some even a certain amount of concern and affection, in a poser. It's so fraudulant when someone does that. It makes you feel robbed. Hell, people posted their wedding videos on this thread.
Understand that. However,

a) it is not closed (if a moderator wants to close it, they will do so). Until then, I / we have the right to comment.

b) after the initial trolling, there has been a very interesting and valuable discussion here about many aspects of marriage. There is significant focus on LGBT persons getting legal rights to marry but, IMO, insignificant focus on a multitude of marriage-related customs and expectations.

c) no one should feel their time is wasted. The community, and how we respond to threads, is not about the original poster. In fact, this thread reiterates that as real members of the community have had a rich discussion. It might have originated from a troll (and, yes, I wish it didn't) but it has not been all bad.
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 05:05 PM   #124
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
Understand that. However,

a) it is not closed (if a moderator wants to close it, they will do so). Until then, I / we have the right to comment.
I am fully aware of that, Ciaran.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:17 PM   #125
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
I am fully aware of that, Ciaran.
I was assuming that to be the case i.e. the fact that you posted on what was one of "I wish her old threads would go away" threads.

However, I'm not making a cheap dig. Rather, just making the point that the thread remains open and, to that extent, it remains live and should be considered so.

There have been many threads here (and previous sites) that were reignited months / years after they appeared to die - the fact that the initial poster was a troll doesn't, IMO, matter as the discussion has become a real, bone fide one on its own merits.
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propose