Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #1
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Fat Free Vegan Recipes and lifestyle

I recently decided to take the plunge and do something extreme. (big surprise huh? lol) I have been juicing for some time now but still struggling with a few health issues and losing weight. I was still having issues with blood pressure and blood sugar. It's important me, part of my plan, to be healthy, strong and be an active force in my granddaughters life. She is my world and the truth is when she's 20 I'll be 70. I want to be a rocking 70 year old.

Anyhow, I recently stopped using all oils (for now), no meat, no dairy, no coffee and even though I only smoked very little I stopped that too. My diet consist of lots of green juice, steamed veggies, salads, rice, fruits. pretty much a vegan diet.

I love to cook and I am good at it. I also love to eat what I cook. lol I can do lots of vegetarian meals but admit I'm struggling to find vegan recipes that appeal to me. I need more variety and would like to perhaps get some tips. I have all the links and youtube videos so please refrain from posting countless links to sites. I'd like to know about the recipes you've actually tried and what your vegan lifestyle is like. I am eating quite a bit but already after 4 days my pants are loose. I am going through some withdrawals, especially from coffee and lots of other uncomfortable changes.

Thanks!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #2
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default not sure if you saw this thread or not...scroll back..lots os great recipes...fat free and vegan...

Vegan/Vegetarian Thread (discussion, recipes, laughs) ( 1 2 3 4 ... Last Page)
Linus hey sweetie....did you get a chance to see this thread for some ideas maybe> Have a great day..you rock!!!
Old 01-24-2012, 04:52 PM   #3
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Here's the link that Clay was trying to reference: http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...read.php?t=121

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2012, 04:57 PM   #4
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

There are many vegan cookbooks available on Amazon. If you wanted to see actual recipes, I have a massive collection that I've collected over the years....some are family recipes, others from my travels and the rest my 'experiments'. Very few use fake/mock meats and those that do can easily be adapted using beans and lentils.

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:01 AM   #5
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

We eat fat free vegan, and I have lost 56 pounds in 5 months. I posted a couple of really good recipes in the diabetes thread. There are several on-line groups, and mega recipes available. I feel better than I have in 10 years, and have so much energy! Good luck on this journey to long life.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2012, 12:05 AM   #6
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

If you have any questions feel free to ask or pm me.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:15 AM   #7
pinkgeek

How Do You Identify?:
that grrl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, grrl, piranha, monkey
Relationship Status:
captured....

Thanked 1,456 Times in 311 Posts
pinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputation

I get some great stuff from http://vegweb.com/.
I modify it as I need it. I've jumped on the mostly green stuff, mostly raw train recently.. Now if only my juicer would arrive.......

Enjoy!!

"I‘m heir to madness. Vessel of perversion. Your nightmare should you cross me."

((Want to read about my life in Hawaii and my ongoing war against the roosters and my pony size dog and my wedding?)) http://www.alohafemme.wordpress.com/
pinkgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:10 AM   #8
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

I have had a strange side effect from the oil-free vegan diet (at least I think it is from the diet), and I have been trying to find information on whether it is common or not. My bones in my hips and knees are rubbing together, and I find walking the dog uncomfortable and sometime painful.

I have started taking Glucosamine to see if that will fix the problem, and for the interim my daughter is doing my early morning walks with the dog. It got so bad over the course of the last 3 weeks that I was afraid I was going to break a hip and fall, or fall and break a hip. Either way, not a lot of fun!

If the Glucosamine does not help then I will be off to the doctor to see if I have developed some other problem. Walking is imporatnt to me (duh?), and at 50 I'm not ready to be a couch potato because I am afraid to fall!

Too bad there has not been more activity here, I was looking forward to this thread!
Old 01-26-2012, 11:36 AM   #9
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Thank you all!

actually I did add a little olive oil or extra virgin coconut oil. I'm going to allow one tablespoon a day. If I stir-fry that day I probably won't eat salad. If I eat salad I won't stir-fry. I just couldn't find any recipe or anything to replace oil on my salads and I'm one of those really fancy salad eaters! I have all kinds of organic greens, maters, cukes, roasted peppers, all kinds of stuff goes in my salad and it needs oil!

I'll move this over to the vegan thread.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:38 AM   #10
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
I have had a strange side effect from the oil-free vegan diet (at least I think it is from the diet), and I have been trying to find information on whether it is common or not. My bones in my hips and knees are rubbing together, and I find walking the dog uncomfortable and sometime painful.

I have started taking Glucosamine to see if that will fix the problem, and for the interim my daughter is doing my early morning walks with the dog. It got so bad over the course of the last 3 weeks that I was afraid I was going to break a hip and fall, or fall and break a hip. Either way, not a lot of fun!

If the Glucosamine does not help then I will be off to the doctor to see if I have developed some other problem. Walking is imporatnt to me (duh?), and at 50 I'm not ready to be a couch potato because I am afraid to fall!

Too bad there has not been more activity here, I was looking forward to this thread!

As said posted above, try this thread: http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...read.php?t=121 It's very active.

And how "oil free" is your diet? Oils aren't inherently bad but the quantity we sometimes take in can be. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (cold press) can be a good thing to add into a diet in reasonable quantities.

The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2012, 01:52 PM   #11
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
As said posted above, try this thread: http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...read.php?t=121 It's very active.

And how "oil free" is your diet? Oils aren't inherently bad but the quantity we sometimes take in can be. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (cold press) can be a good thing to add into a diet in reasonable quantities.
No added oils, no nuts, no olives, no avocados, no coconut milk. This is the diet followed by President Clinton, and there are people joining every day...you do not need oils, and added fats, and processed food to live healthy, in fact most people cannot.

Animal fats can raise cholestrol, but SO CAN OIL! I have cut my Cholestrol in HALF! It was 280, now it is 140. For a person like me with heart disease and diabetes, oils are a killer. So, saying oils aren't inherently bad...not true for some.

I won't post here anymore if that is what you want, but I don't fit in the other thread due to the oil restriction, and the fact that most of what they talk about is juicing.

Oh well.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:57 PM   #12
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
Thank you all!

actually I did add a little olive oil or extra virgin coconut oil. I'm going to allow one tablespoon a day. If I stir-fry that day I probably won't eat salad. If I eat salad I won't stir-fry. I just couldn't find any recipe or anything to replace oil on my salads and I'm one of those really fancy salad eaters! I have all kinds of organic greens, maters, cukes, roasted peppers, all kinds of stuff goes in my salad and it needs oil!

If I can find my recipe at home, I have a dressing that will make you drool. It adds apricot preserves whisked into the other ingredients which pulls it all together. You really do not miss the oil. I make it now to my taste, but I started with a recipe from the Doctor that started the oil free diet I am on.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #13
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
Thank you all!

Oh, and try stir frying in oil free veggie stock; it takes a little longer, but pretty much the same result.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #14
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
No added oils, no nuts, no olives, no avocados, no coconut milk. This is the diet followed by President Clinton, and there are people joining every day...you do not need oils, and added fats, and processed food to live healthy, in fact most people cannot.

Animal fats can raise cholestrol, but SO CAN OIL! I have cut my Cholestrol in HALF! It was 280, now it is 140. For a person like me with heart disease and diabetes, oils are a killer. So, saying oils aren't inherently bad...not true for some.

I won't post here anymore if that is what you want, but I don't fit in the other thread due to the oil restriction, and the fact that most of what they talk about is juicing.

Oh well.
I'm not saying not post here. You may find more options and more activity in the other thread. Juicing can be one way to do things but not the only way. If you stick with straight veggies and fruits you should eliminate pretty much 99% of oils/fats. A raw vegan diet with beans and other fibers should be enough for you to eat healthy without including additional items.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2012, 03:24 PM   #15
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
I'm not saying not post here. You may find more options and more activity in the other thread. Juicing can be one way to do things but not the only way. If you stick with straight veggies and fruits you should eliminate pretty much 99% of oils/fats. A raw vegan diet with beans and other fibers should be enough for you to eat healthy without including additional items.
Actually I have been following a veggie diet for quite some time, and only switched to the oil free Vegan 4-5 months ago. I know what to eat, that's not the issue.

The issue was that I can feel my bones rubbing together when I walk which MIGHT be a side effect of the no oils diet, but could be only the fact that I'm getting older. Usually if you don't get enough oils your hair starts to fall out and your skin gets dry...I'm not having THOSE issues, just the bones rubbing.

This type of eating plan is very strict, and although extremely healthy and good for you, most people are not disciplined enough to be able to do it. Wanting to live healthier, and wanting a teasoon (for example) of oil on a salad because it tastes better, is hard to say no to for most people.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #16
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

Still an oil free vegan! I've lost 56lbs but I'm at a plateu, or should I say my new vegan, no oil chocolate cake is yumbolicious! LOL I also solved the bones rubbing together by taking glucosamine...walked the dog today for the first time in a week with no problems. Yay me!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2012, 11:00 AM   #17
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow

Quote:
Oh, and try stir frying in oil free veggie stock; it takes a little longer, but pretty much the same result.
MsT, thanks for this great idea!Will have to try.
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2014, 07:27 AM   #18
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,250 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2014, 09:09 AM   #19
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,250 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2014, 02:16 PM   #20
vagina
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian

vagina Has the BEST Reputationvagina Has the BEST Reputationvagina Has the BEST Reputationvagina Has the BEST Reputationvagina Has the BEST Reputationvagina Has the BEST Reputationvagina Has the BEST Reputationvagina Has the BEST Reputationvagina Has the BEST Reputationvagina Has the BEST Reputationvagina Has the BEST Reputation

Awesome thread.

I've been vegan for 13 years. Currently I eat mostly raw fruit all day. Sometimes when there is not an abundance of ripe bananas available, I eat tons of rice and potatoes or any other high carb fruit/veggie source.

Eating a super High Carb diet keeps me lean and powered up for exercise.

If anyone has heard of Freelee, it's pretty much what I follow. I've had disordered eating ever since I became a teenager and moved to the US and began eating the fatty faire. I moved to the US when I was 11 years old and gained weight after puberty. When I lived in eastern europe the food was always lean, little animal products and little fried food/ oil, etc. Being a teenage girl in the US is horrible with all the pressure to stay model thin. So, I went through anorexic calorie restriction, fasting, trying to be bulimic, but I couldn't vomit, LOL.

At 15 I went vegan for animal rights and environmental reasons. For the past 3 years I have been experimenting with High Carb raw vegan/fruitarian lifestyle. I would say that this High Carb lifestyle has fixed my disordered eating. Making sure to eat at least 3000 a day from carbs. It's satisfying, helps digestion and super clear skin.

What I plan to eat today:

(Breakfast) 1/2 watermelon- 700 cals
(Day) 20 bananas- 2000 cals
(Dinner) mushroom/potato/veggie stew/steamed (no oil)- 1000 cals
vagina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vagina For This Useful Post:

Tags
diet, fat free, vegan