Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 03-27-2013, 01:56 PM   #61
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Thanked 3,421 Times in 1,201 Posts
Enchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST Reputation
Default So ...

... I only got in a 1.5 mile walk today.

Whilst on said walk, my IPod decided to be wonky, and I didn't have my spectacles on to find the problem. So, a bit after I started my 7th lap, I stopped to figure it all out. And, well, long story short, I lost all interest. Damn technical glitches (and somewhat lessened eyesight)!
Enchantress is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Enchantress For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2013, 02:02 PM   #62
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and that shit doesn't sound atrocious!
Relationship Status:
divorce happens..all that glitters ain't gold

Thanked 7,161 Times in 1,793 Posts
MissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST Reputation

Going to need a good stress reliever today so...60 min elliptical to be followed by 60 on the dreaded stair climber
MissItalianDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MissItalianDiva For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2013, 09:22 PM   #63
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

20 minutes on the dreadmill at a ridiculous incline, 20 minutes of weights, and a 30 minute brisk walk with Obi. I'm glad spring has arrived, it was a beautiful evening for Obi and I to get out.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2013, 10:03 PM   #64
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Still on my non-exercise experience. Saturday the beach re-opens, at least for the weekend, I will know more then.

I have gotten a lot of extra reading in these two weeks though.

My body is really unhappy being sedentary, let the movement begin!
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2013, 10:18 PM   #65
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Thanked 3,421 Times in 1,201 Posts
Enchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST Reputation
Default Mind. Body. Soul.

A two mile, glorious mid morning walk! Tomorrow, I'm going for three (okay, maybe 2.5 considering I stubbed my already broken toe this evening).
Enchantress is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Enchantress For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2013, 10:33 PM   #66
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I had a nice hour and a half walk by myself in a park in Brooklyn after work. It was windy and drizzling, cold, dark, and ominous weather, and I loved it. I also did stair climbing on the outside steps at the Brooklyn Art Museum.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #67
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I rose early this morning and walked about 5 miles or better. I walked the trails on a nearby butte, where you can see for miles and miles (on a clear day) and although there are no stairs, walking the butte requires a person to be able to tolerate changes in altitude because you begin at a ground level (per se) and must walk upwards - for what seems to be a long climb. Once you get to the top of the butte, there are many other trails a person can take, for example: I wandered down the backside of the butte, into the forested area. And once you've gone down into the forested area, you have to scale the trail to come back up. Which can really give your legs and calves quite the workout. It took me about 2.5 hours for my inner-urban workout on the butte and once I got home, my legs were still feeling the 'burn.'

eta: I saw a quail hen with her brood of 4 chicklings, an egret standing among the dense reeds of the tarn-like pond, and spied what I thought was a red-tailed hawk - floating on a draft of wind, above. I also noticed that the blackberry bushes were loaded with blossoms.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2013, 02:17 PM   #68
o222Good

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Married

o222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Today I did my 15 minute cardio workout, a la Shaun T Insanity. Sharon watched! :-)
It's a good workout, it gets my heart rate up, and I certainly break a sweat!
o222Good is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to o222Good For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2013, 03:22 PM   #69
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Today at lunch I walked down along the Hudson River in Battery Park City, a beautiful paved walkway that winds past restaurants on the water, the little harbor with yachts, children's playgrounds, the little ponds and walkways with mallards and pigeons taking baths in puddles.

I stopped and sat for a while, looking across the water to Ellis Island, where there are cranes I guess because they're doing reconstruction. It was hit bad in the last hurricane. Also I was close to the Statue of Liberty and Governor's Island and could see the Museum of the American Indian which is in the beautiful neoclassical former U.S. Customs House, right on the tip of Manhattan, looking out over New York Harbor.

I got a smoothie on the way back into the office.

I forgot my lunch today, second time this week. It was a rough week but by eating right, getting enough sleep and exercising, I have been feeling more grounded.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:57 PM   #70
jcisbutch

How Do You Identify?:
just JC
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy
Relationship Status:
the hardest to learn was the least complicated

Thanked 1,157 Times in 318 Posts
jcisbutch Has the BEST Reputationjcisbutch Has the BEST Reputationjcisbutch Has the BEST Reputationjcisbutch Has the BEST Reputationjcisbutch Has the BEST Reputationjcisbutch Has the BEST Reputationjcisbutch Has the BEST Reputationjcisbutch Has the BEST Reputationjcisbutch Has the BEST Reputationjcisbutch Has the BEST Reputationjcisbutch Has the BEST Reputation
Default yay

went lap swimming for 1.5 hours yay me
Old 03-29-2013, 10:15 PM   #71
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Today I walked 20 minutes on the dreadmill during lunch, during our "stretch & flex" 15 minute period at work I lifted weights, after work I participated in an 1 hour water aerobics class, and then I took another brisk 1.5 mile walk with Obi when I arrived home from water aerobics.

Not feeling well, but I am pushing myself, because I know that upcoming surgeries will have me completely on my ass, and I am not willing to quit on days that I am able to be even a little bit mobile.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2013, 11:55 PM   #72
deb0670

How Do You Identify?:
femme/ baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 6,027 Times in 1,189 Posts
deb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputation

i bought a beginners Yoga dvd tonight.. excited to start working with it tomorrow.
Hopefully my physical limitations won't be so limiting anymores.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to deb0670 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2013, 06:01 AM   #73
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

In Austin, today is a free yoga day. Several classes in all yoga disciplines will be presented for free all day long.

I will not be at any of them.

I have to work.

But being that today is the last day of the month for us, I will definitely be moving and gooving.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2013, 08:44 AM   #74
MarquisdeShey

How Do You Identify?:
bent
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/They
Relationship Status:
Minding my own business.

Thanked 4,726 Times in 921 Posts
MarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST Reputation

Power hour at 11. I really missed it while I was on vacation and my shoulders are sore from yesterday. But then again, pain is just weakness leaving the body *S

Gemme:

I have a free week long Brickham? Yoga certificate. Wanna?

[QUOTE=Gemme;775304]In Austin, today is a free yoga day. Several classes in all yoga disciplines will be presented for free all day long.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MarquisdeShey For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2013, 10:01 AM   #75
femmeInterrupted

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she works out well ;)
Relationship Status:
Happily married.

Thanked 3,221 Times in 666 Posts
femmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST Reputation

So happy to have found this thread!

Yesterday I did a 10km walk--

Heading out for another 9km today in the sunshine! yoo-hoo! Love the spring!

Lila Watson

You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it.
You say you love sun, but you seek shade when its shining.
You say you love wind, but when its comes you close your window.
So that's why I'm scared, when you say you love me.

-- Bob Marley
femmeInterrupted is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to femmeInterrupted For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2013, 01:23 PM   #76
MarquisdeShey

How Do You Identify?:
bent
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/They
Relationship Status:
Minding my own business.

Thanked 4,726 Times in 921 Posts
MarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST Reputation

Power hour was wonderful. My endurance and core strength is getting so much better! I also love the little knuckle, elbow, knee bruises *S
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MarquisdeShey For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #77
wahya
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
im good

wahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputation

I walk about 5 miles a day. I am seeing a surgeon for possible back surgery but i am trying to do everything under the sun to NOT have that. So i am going to get excess weight off of me. I dont walk on Sundays.
wahya is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wahya For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2013, 09:37 PM   #78
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarquisdeShey View Post
Gemme:

I have a free week long Brickham? Yoga certificate. Wanna?
Thanks for the offer but I wouldn't make it. I work too much and usually crash in the evenings. I appreciate the offer though!

There is one form of yoga that is very interesting to me and that I would like to try eventually.

Each hammock holds up to 1000 lbs. I can totally work with that.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2013, 07:04 AM   #79
alexri

How Do You Identify?:
-

Thanked 2,799 Times in 468 Posts
alexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputation

I have yet to go to one yoga class where I haven't farted while doing some bending-over stretch or pose. Just saying.

Today is a rest day. Tomorrow it's back to the gym in the am.
alexri is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alexri For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2013, 10:09 AM   #80
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexri View Post
I have yet to go to one yoga class where I haven't farted while doing some bending-over stretch or pose. Just saying.

Today is a rest day. Tomorrow it's back to the gym in the am.
Very likely why I have never been to a Yoga class, that would be my luck too.

I am back on the beach. It's hard to believe how much damage can be done by two weeks of being sedentary.

I wonder how long it will take to get back to where I was?

Doesn't really matter, I am so glad to be back out.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights