Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 05-07-2018, 07:14 PM   #41
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Oh for certain fresh is better than frozen! I have a surgery scheduled for June, and I need to have prepared food, so I can just microwave it while I am recovering. I know it is not the best, but it is what it is!

I forgot you posted that book!
oh, well that makes sense! So, I Google'd for helpful tips on how to make your own frozen Vegan.or Vegetarian meals. I will read it too because I guess time really can be of an beautiful essence.

LINK:

http://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-...e-life-easier/
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2018, 07:58 PM   #42
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
oh, well that makes sense! So, I Google'd for helpful tips on how to make your own frozen Vegan.or Vegetarian meals. I will read it too because I guess time really can be of an beautiful essence.

LINK:

http://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-...e-life-easier/
Wonderful! Thank you!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2018, 08:11 PM   #43
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Wonderful! Thank you!
You're Welcome!

Hey, I clicked on the highlighted names of meals and it gives you the recipe and directions, so be sure to check them out. I'm brand new to doing this, so it gave me a few ideas for tasty meals.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2018, 10:02 PM   #44
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Thanked 12,325 Times in 5,198 Posts
LeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST Reputation

For my infusion this week I will be having a blended mix of strawberries, almond milk, almond meal and a very ripe avocado then put in the freezer. I am hopeful that this will help me get through my allergic reaction to my infusion.

Please take a look at my work
Click on flashing smilie to see my website

To look at my Daddy/girl erotica book Click on pompom girl to see Elbows on the Table, Palms Flat
LeftWriteFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2018, 06:49 AM   #45
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftWriteFemme View Post
For my infusion this week I will be having a blended mix of strawberries, almond milk, almond meal and a very ripe avocado then put in the freezer. I am hopeful that this will help me get through my allergic reaction to my infusion.
I don't know what an infusion is, LeftWriteFemme. Is the term infusion synonymous with smoothie?

I hope you feel better soon

In other news: My youngest brother has been on an Avocado Oil kick. He bought an HUGE bottle of it at CostCo. He said he likes using avocado oil better than EVOO. I personally like coconut oil, but want to spend some time trying to figure out what differences exist between retain types of oils (coconut, avocado, evoo, grapeseed).

Yesterday I forgot to buy baby zucchini for my daily dose of salad. I also want to get a few avocado's, mangoes, and some chili peppers......so I can make an salsa tonight, to go with my Late July corn chips, for supper. I can't have tacos anymore. So it's Salsa Tuesday, in my world today.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2018, 10:41 AM   #46
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,363 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I buy non-dairy, vegan, organic, zero sugar yogurt at either Trader Joe's or at my favorite grocery store. I use the plain variety in food prep like when I make my Tumeric salad dressing.

Here's the latest way I make my Tumeric Salad Dressing:

2- 6 ounce single serving cartons of Forager Cashewgurt.
1/2 cup plain Bolthouse Plant Milk
3 heaping tablespoons of Tumeric
2/3 cup flax seed powder (organic)
Generous amount of cracked peppercorns
A splash of Sesame Seed Oil (1/4 cup or less)
Filtered water

Directions: put all of the above ingredients into the blender and blend up until creamy smooth. If your finished mixture is thick, add filtered water until it's in an pourable state. Store in covered glass jars and keep refrigerated.

Here's an helpful video about Forager Cashewgurt:

you know i bought this yogurt about a month ago hearing it was amazing...seriously YUK! I couldn't get through a spoonful of it..maybe i got a batch batch?!?!
I still find soy yogurt the best(so far) and it makes a nice smoothie..also quite interested in making my own tofu...found (what looked like) an amazing recipe for silken tofu..if it turns out well i will definitely let you know.
The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2018, 11:07 AM   #47
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
you know i bought this yogurt about a month ago hearing it was amazing...seriously YUK! I couldn't get through a spoonful of it..maybe i got a batch batch?!?!
I still find soy yogurt the best(so far) and it makes a nice smoothie..also quite interested in making my own tofu...found (what looked like) an amazing recipe for silken tofu..if it turns out well i will definitely let you know.
I'm glad you brought up the little known fact that nut-based yogurt products are NOT the same as dairy, soy or rice based products.

I use Cashewgurt because of the zero sugar content and I don't use it as an yogurt replacement to traditional dairy based yogurt. I'm at a place in my health where I can no longer eat or use any product that has any whiff of sugar cane or converts to sugar in the blood stream.

I use Cashewgurt in my salad dressing recipe, only.

I can't have too much soy products, either. Except twice a month I can have tofu based products as long as they are zero base sugar content.

Zero sugar + zero sugar food conversion = better, smarter health outcomes for me.

Thanks kitty!
Old 05-10-2018, 11:11 AM   #48
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I'm glad you brought up the little known fact that nut-based yogurt products are NOT the same as dairy, soy or rice based products.

I use Cashewgurt because of the zero sugar content and I don't use it as an yogurt replacement to traditional dairy based yogurt. I'm at a place in my health where I can no longer eat or use any product that has any whiff of sugar cane or converts to sugar in the blood stream.

I use Cashewgurt in my salad dressing recipe, only.

I can't have too much soy products, either. Except twice a month I can have tofu based products as long as they are zero base sugar content.

Zero sugar + zero sugar food conversion = better, smarter health outcomes for me.

Thanks kitty!
omygosh Kat, I didn't know you were going zero sugar..that's amazing..i would love to do that, but i'd miss fruit too much..tell me your secret?
Old 05-10-2018, 11:22 AM   #49
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Smile

Quote:
omygosh Kat, I didn't know you were going zero sugar..that's amazing..i would love to do that, but i'd miss fruit too much..tell me your secret?
LMAO (or not, lol) my secret is not succumbing to diabetes. Outwitting sugar scenarios and sheer will and self determination are key factors to success.

If I continue to test below A1C markers in my blood labs, then my primary physician will count my plant based, zero sugar diet as legitimate means criteria to discontinue experimental medication to inhibit the diabetic downward spiral most people contend with if they're not willing to give up sugar or not give up eating foods that convert readily into sugar in the blood stream.

My ultimate goal is to create smarter food behaviors which lead to increased health outcomes for not becoming diabetic.

So say for example I couldn't and refused to stop eating dairy based foods or couldn't stop eating pasta or breads or rice, which convert readily into sugar, then I'd become an full fledged diabetic.

I refuse to become diabetic.. ...so I've given up sugar and refuse to eat any food that converts readily into sugar.

For The WIN

***** Purrrrrr *****

PS/ The only fruits I can have are berries, cantaloupe, apples or kiwi.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:37 AM   #50
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I would prefer this to a steak any day!
Thank u Katz for the link.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:32 PM   #51
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
My favorite documentaries are Forks Over Knives, What The Health, and Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead. Thanks for your additional listing of food documentaries, Pearl.

Thanks for dropping by, Daisy.
PlantPure Nation (2015)
This documentary continues where Forks Over Knives left off. Dr. T. Colin Campbell, his son Nelson and Kentucky State Representative Tom Riner join forces to spread knowledge about the scientifically backed health benefits of a whole food plant-based diet. The film is all about empowering people to make healthier, scientifically based decisions to fuel their bodies the best possible way despite corporate lobbies disseminating skepticism and trying to prevent change.
I know other movies as well and will be back to post soon!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2018, 08:47 PM   #52
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

This is a problem for me. I can't really eat much in the way of soy. That really impacts what I can eat vegan-wise.

Old 05-10-2018, 10:15 PM   #53
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
PlantPure Nation (2015)
This documentary continues where Forks Over Knives left off. Dr. T. Colin Campbell, his son Nelson and Kentucky State Representative Tom Riner join forces to spread knowledge about the scientifically backed health benefits of a whole food plant-based diet. The film is all about empowering people to make healthier, scientifically based decisions to fuel their bodies the best possible way despite corporate lobbies disseminating skepticism and trying to prevent change.
I know other movies as well and will be back to post soon!
Okidoke, homoe, sounds good..... I'm adding your film to my Must See Soon Movie List. Tyvm

Quote:
This is a problem for me. I can't really eat much in the way of soy. That really impacts what I can eat vegan-wise.
I think I understand and relate to your having a problem with soy. Allergies (?), or maybe that it collides with an pro-environmental political point of view (?) ...... I'm not up to speed on either except to say that it's partialy both, for me. Which way is it for you, Dapper?

I often steer toward Tempeh.... Especially the wild whole grain types. I like to soak them in an marinade, then stir fry them with veggies.

Like this....Ginger Sesame Tempeh Stir Fry (see photo below):

See Recipe to dish above, featured in: The Direct Message Blog (see LINK below):

http://onthedm.com/lifestyle/saucy-s...mpeh-stir-fry/
Old 05-11-2018, 09:17 AM   #54
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Quote:
LMAO (or not, lol) my secret is not succumbing to diabetes. Outwitting sugar scenarios and sheer will and self determination are key factors to success.

If I continue to test below A1C markers in my blood labs, then my primary physician will count my plant based, zero sugar diet as legitimate means criteria to discontinue experimental medication to inhibit the diabetic downward spiral most people contend with if they're not willing to give up sugar or not give up eating foods that convert readily into sugar in the blood stream.

My ultimate goal is to create smarter food behaviors which lead to increased health outcomes for not becoming diabetic.

So say for example I couldn't and refused to stop eating dairy based foods or couldn't stop eating pasta or breads or rice, which convert readily into sugar, then I'd become an full fledged diabetic.

I refuse to become diabetic.. ...so I've given up sugar and refuse to eat any food that converts readily into sugar.

For The WIN

***** Purrrrrr *****

PS/ The only fruits I can have are berries, cantaloupe, apples or kiwi.
Thank you for your thoughtful response. You inspire me
The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2018, 09:50 AM   #55
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Quote:
Thank you for your thoughtful response. You inspire me
It's been a long and winding road to recovery, for me, personally. Once my mobility was impaired due to my work related injuries, one thing after another affected my overall health. It has taken my PT & Nursing team to zero in on complicated trajectories, but at every "fork in the road" we've come to, I've zeroed in on what I could do personally to rectify areas of my life, to advocate for my own health and safety. Changing the foods I eat has become the biggest game changer. I'm glad I can act on my own behalf and do what it takes to prevent being overcome by choices I can change.

Changing my food behaviors has helped so much. My PT & Nursing team is in awe of the radical change which is now saving my life.

Thanks kitty, for your compliment and your supportive attitude and comments.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2018, 05:01 PM   #56
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Default Vegan Banana Cream Pie (dairy free, sugar free) ..... ❤

I've been daydreaming about Banana Cream Pie, for weeks now. So, I thought I'd google for non-daiey cream pie recipes. I'm going to use the Cashewgurt for the pudding part of the pie, by adding banana eztract, using cornstarch, a couple of organic cage free eggs, sea salt and pureed bananas. For the crust, I'm using rolled oats, crushed walnuts in an meringue of eggs whites.... smoosh it into a pie dish and bake it, first. Then line the cooled crust with sliced bananas, pour some cashewgurt banana pudding on top of it, then slice up more bananas for the top. Refrigerate it, until it's an chilled set. Then make a 'creamy' non-dairy topping to finish the pie.

I'm using Raw Stevia powder by Truvia for the sweetener, rather than other types of sugar options, because I can't have real sugar. Just, Raw Stevia (by Truvia).

Here's where I got parts of ideas for how to make the dairy free Banana Cream Pie (3 links):

https://minimalistbaker.com/banana-cream-pie-vegan-gf/

https://www.google.com/search?q=dair...nSNkMIKvOu8BM:

Here's an recipe, too, from Lovingitvegan website:

https://lovingitvegan.com/vegan-banana-cream-pie/
Old 05-11-2018, 06:25 PM   #57
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
I've been daydreaming about Banana Cream Pie, for weeks now. So, I thought I'd google for non-daiey cream pie recipes. I'm going to use the Cashewgurt for the pudding part of the pie, by adding banana eztract, using cornstarch, a couple of organic cage free eggs, sea salt and pureed bananas. For the crust, I'm using rolled oats, crushed walnuts in an meringue of eggs whites.... smoosh it into a pie dish and bake it, first. Then line the cooled crust with sliced bananas, pour some cashewgurt banana pudding on top of it, then slice up more bananas for the top. Refrigerate it, until it's an chilled set. Then make a 'creamy' non-dairy topping to finish the pie.

I'm using Raw Stevia powder by Truvia for the sweetener, rather than other types of sugar options, because I can't have real sugar. Just, Raw Stevia (by Truvia).

Here's where I got parts of ideas for how to make the dairy free Banana Cream Pie (3 links):

https://minimalistbaker.com/banana-cream-pie-vegan-gf/

https://www.google.com/search?q=dair...nSNkMIKvOu8BM:

Here's an recipe, too, from Lovingitvegan website:

https://lovingitvegan.com/vegan-banana-cream-pie/
Looks fantastic!

Old 05-12-2018, 04:03 PM   #58
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

This is a picture from the Walmart site (free shipping) Its a vegetable spiralizer. Instead of pasta, I use zucchini. OMG! Delicious. It makes the best oven potatoes too.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2018, 02:51 PM   #59
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Cooked (2016) Netflix

Michael Pollan has done a lot of deep dives into our food and the culture around over the last few years. This all culminated in the landmark series that looks at what we eat, why we eat, and how we can all eat better. There is no gimmick here. No one’s trying to hawk some fad or trendy foodstuff on you. It’s just an examination of what ‘good food’ means and how to make it a bigger part of your everyday.

Give this a look see as well Miss Katz!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2018, 06:06 PM   #60
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Here is an interesting article from an Physician's medical journal which talks about the benefits of an plant based diet, constructed in Scholarly format (abstract, methods, data, and sections explaining the entire way the study was conducted).

LINK:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3662288/