Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-24-2010, 03:17 PM   #1
key

How Do You Identify?:
androgynous, gender-queer, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
depends on person addressing me
Relationship Status:
merrily single hopefully married one day

key Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Yippy Yahoooo

Today I got rid of:

Misc lumber left overs.

and a

Box full of "stuff" such as two (count them two) rice cooker/steamers, water bottles, dish rack, ugly (to me) picture frames, and plastic in/out box type paper stack racks.

and

I moved two grocery bags full of magazines to the back room where things sit until I figure out what to do with them, and if I can't decide what to do with them, I just take them to the garbage room down the back stairs.

Yippy Yahoooooo.

key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:26 PM   #2
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by key View Post
Today I got rid of:

Misc lumber left overs.

and a

Box full of "stuff" such as two (count them two) rice cooker/steamers, water bottles, dish rack, ugly (to me) picture frames, and plastic in/out box type paper stack racks.

and

I moved two grocery bags full of magazines to the back room where things sit until I figure out what to do with them, and if I can't decide what to do with them, I just take them to the garbage room down the back stairs.

Yippy Yahoooooo.

My first thought?

I could really USE a rice cooker/steamer thingy.

My second thought?

I wonder what KIND of magazines. Two bags full could give me a ton of workable material for crafts!

My third thought?

Someone save me from myself.

Although.....I really COULD use the cooker thingy.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:12 PM   #3
key

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

key Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Saaaaaave Yoooourseeeeelf!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
My first thought?

My second thought?

I wonder what KIND of magazines. Two bags full could give me a ton of workable material for crafts!

My third thought?

Believe me, I understand all three thoughts. Why do you think I have two rice steamers to begin with?

And the magazines? Maybe knowing that they are mostly political junkie type stuff (The Nation, Mother Jones) will make you feel better. Unless your work includes lots of depressing pictures of an imperialistic nation in decline...

And yes, saaaaaaave yoooooourseeeelf!!!!!
Old 01-24-2010, 09:27 PM   #4
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by key View Post
Believe me, I understand all three thoughts. Why do you think I have two rice steamers to begin with?

And the magazines? Maybe knowing that they are mostly political junkie type stuff (The Nation, Mother Jones) will make you feel better. Unless your work includes lots of depressing pictures of an imperialistic nation in decline...

And yes, saaaaaaave yoooooourseeeelf!!!!!
Thank you! Knowing the magazines are politic effectively turned me OFF of them. However there's still that matter of a rice cooker/steamer thingy.....

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:59 PM   #5
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

So I didn't get to get rid of as much stuff this weekend as I had hoped. However I did go through my junk box, and threw out a few things, even though a lot of stuff went back into the box, I still got rid of a little bit.

Going to have to work on getting rid of more stuff this week. I have a pile of mens clothes sitting in my bedroom that has been here for over a month now that I need to get rid of.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:49 PM   #6
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicaly View Post
So I didn't get to get rid of as much stuff this weekend as I had hoped. However I did go through my junk box, and threw out a few things, even though a lot of stuff went back into the box, I still got rid of a little bit.

Going to have to work on getting rid of more stuff this week. I have a pile of mens clothes sitting in my bedroom that has been here for over a month now that I need to get rid of.
Me either. I wound up working (see a previous post) on Sunday instead of sifting. Eh, money's good.

I did, however, get some stuff mentally lined up so that when I grab all my goodies and head to the thrift store, I can drop the plastic bags off to be recycled (I'm far from perfect with this, but I am getting better at using the cloth bags instead), a box or two for Goodwill, and a couple nicer items for the consignment shop.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:53 PM   #7
key

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Member Photo Albums
Default One thing that really helps me

One thing that really helps me is to have an in-between place to put things.

The in-between place is a place where everything goes on its way out the door. It can sit there for one month, or even up to six months. But in this in-between place, I am free to go back into the stuff there if I actually need it. If I have not needed it, and therefore not gotten it out this in-between place, then I do not need it in my life right now (always remembering that I can always get more stuff later.

So I never just throw something out, oh no, that would be very traumatic for me, too abrupt. I did that once in my life (and included all artwork and writings from my tortured youth) and I really regret that now.

Old 05-02-2010, 03:45 AM   #8
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
My first thought?

My second thought?

My third thought?

Not to go off topic here but rice cooker is a must. If you want a great rice cooker spend a little more and get Aroma that has a brown rice setting. Perfect brown rice.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2010, 10:44 AM   #9
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
My first thought?

My second thought?

My third thought?

You can have mine, I NEVER have used it. Mainly because I don't know how.. lol
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2010, 07:09 AM   #10
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,401 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

ALL of the wood on the porch....FINALLY
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:17 AM   #11
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Well this weekend really...and continuing into the week....

I started pruning "stuff" when I decided to move....furniture, books like crazy and all of that....but find the more I get rid of the easier it is to live in my house...more space, easier to clean, and finding I'm not missing anything that I've donated or tossed, so....

The most recent....2 giant garbage sized bags of assorted clothes and kitchen stuff, another box of books (to a book sale for an ill child...awesome!), and a big box of "office stuff" to a co-worker who's still doing the job I used to do and can use it...

More to come....errrr.....go
Old 05-24-2010, 09:41 AM   #12
SF_Boi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Human
Relationship Status:
Ask Me

SF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Today, I got rid of......

My old gas line. Living in San Francisco, an old gas line could mean real troble in the event of an earthquake. The construction guys are outside working as we speak! One project at a time!
SF_Boi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SF_Boi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2010, 09:44 AM   #13
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,109 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

So far today.... 3 large bags of papers to shred or burn!! and several things ready for the good will.

I WILL get done with this junk today!!
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2010, 08:07 PM   #14
GoofyLuvr

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Well golly gee whiz, I bet she would do it!
Relationship Status:
completely, totally, head over heels in love :)

GoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
ALL of the wood on the porch....FINALLY
Hmmm, if all the wood on the porch is gone, is it still considered a porch?
Just askin...
GoofyLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:17 AM   #15
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

I'm getting ready to move to Florida to be with my

To do that, I have to get me, my son, our animals and all our stuff down there too....about 1300 miles away.

I've been pruning belongings like crazy....and yet....the moving company rep came on Friday to work up my estimate (drum roll please) and it's over $3,000 to move all my stuff.

The part that shocked me though is when he told me that the estimated weight was 6,000 pounds. That's 3 tons of furniture, clothes, toys, dishes and various "stuff" that I've accumulated...not counting the immense quantity I've already given away.

That's the weight of your average female elephant...

I think it's time to do another pruning....
Old 06-07-2010, 02:01 PM   #16
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
I'm getting ready to move to Florida to be with my

To do that, I have to get me, my son, our animals and all our stuff down there too....about 1300 miles away.

I've been pruning belongings like crazy....and yet....the moving company rep came on Friday to work up my estimate (drum roll please) and it's over $3,000 to move all my stuff.

The part that shocked me though is when he told me that the estimated weight was 6,000 pounds. That's 3 tons of furniture, clothes, toys, dishes and various "stuff" that I've accumulated...not counting the immense quantity I've already given away.

That's the weight of your average female elephant...

I think it's time to do another pruning....
I had a ginormous yard sale before I moved from Florida to Washington and the proceeds from the sale went to my moving budget. And even then, honestly, I could have sold a LOT more but I was too emotionally attached to a bunch of crap.

Just remember....STUFF can be bought again if need be but honestly...most of us don't *need* the stuff we have. Unless it's an heirloom or you or your kids cannot live without it (not including tantrum inducing stuff they'll forget about in 1.3 months), sell it. You're move will be lighter and your wallet heavier, which is the way we all like to be, no?

Good luck! Cross country moves can be excruciating not only financially but emotionally and psychologically too.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: