Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Communication, Friendship, Getting To Know One Another

Old 09-11-2013, 03:31 AM   #81
PoeticSilence

How Do You Identify?:
*dodges labels*
Relationship Status:
Estranged

PoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST Reputation

Originally Posted by Blade View Post
QUESTION 3/11

Would you like to know the precise date of your death?
Why or why not??

I think I'd like to know when I was going to die, and I'm not so big on the how part.

I believe it would be a lot easier to be kinder and more thoughtful if I knew when. I could be more forgiving to people who were unkind and thoughtless. I could be more generous with my time. I could plan ahead and tie up what might be considered loose strings that my family might have to take care of. I could go through things and designate them to the children (knowing there would be no more). I could pay in advance for that cremation and save the kids the trouble. I could write my own obituary! I could print out all of the emails between me and my wife (many of them sappy or silly) and make a little after-I'm-gone book for her. I could work on doing some repairs that I've been putting off. I would keep my desk more tidy and organized. I could sit down and patiently make a video for each kid that will remind them of how I feel about them and how they've changed my life and put them away to be viewed later. So much that could be done. I wouldn't have time to be worried or depressed about anything at all.

I grew up believing I would die at fifty, like the majority of my family does. By majority I mean there are only a couple of us over fifty. When I turned fifty one I was...astonished.

Sure I can do a lot of those things still, and some of them I do, but there's that little procrastinator in me that puts some things off. Still.

Last edited by PoeticSilence; 09-11-2013 at 03:34 AM. Reason: failure to be clear
PoeticSilence is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoeticSilence For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2013, 04:20 AM   #82
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

QUESTION 3/11

Why or why not??

I would love to know the precise date of my death only because (and there is no pun intended here) I work better with deadlines. Deadlines help me to budget my time and resources for maximum benefit.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #83
Smiling

How Do You Identify?:
with a distinct flair

Thanked 4,382 Times in 1,009 Posts
Smiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

QUESTION 3/11

Why or why not??

I would love to know the precise date of my death only because (and there is no pun intended here) I work better with deadlines. Deadlines help me to budget my time and resources for maximum benefit.

Kobi, I totally get that! I, too, do my best work under pressure. In fact, when there is no pressure, nothing usually gets done at all, lol.
Smiling is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Smiling For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #84
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,620 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

It seems the reality of my eventual death, as irrefutable as it is, has had little impact on my life so far, so I don’t believe an exact date would move me. At least not in any direction I would enjoy. I could see it making me more anxious and stressed as I tried to do more, be more, live more, give more, take more and just all around incorporate more into my everyday existence.

My days are already numbered, as are everyone’s, and although I know this, I still have to remind myself to live in the moment, to appreciate every minute, to be thankful for the precious gift of life, to enjoy the people I love, to tell them and show them what they mean to me, to never miss an opportunity to experience life. If understanding that life is finite hasn’t taught me to appreciate every single day, I can’t imagine that having a date for my death will.

Of course it would allow me to be better prepared. Have my affairs in order so to speak. I guess I’m just one of those people who isn’t all that interested in ordering my affairs. I’ll have to give that some thought.

But knowing the number of my days wouldn’t help me be more present in my life. It might even distract me. It’s hard enough some days to remember to enjoy life no matter how it’s going. Each one of my days is precious because it’s a singular occurrence and will never come around again. Sometimes that’s a happy thought; most times it’s not. But it’s always the truth and to remember that as the day unfolds matters to me. I am not always successful but when I am it is awesome. It fills me with wonder and a determination not to miss a moment of my life. Doesn’t last though and moment after moment tumbles away unnoticed or unappreciated. I don’t think knowing the exact time of my death will slow anything down for me.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2014, 06:58 PM   #85
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,401 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation
Default Resurrection of this thread

Someone left me a PM that they enjoyed this thread and if I had time could I Get the little book of big questions back out.

Sooooo here we go.

Question
How do you know when you are interfering in someone's life?

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2014, 07:09 PM   #86
Vivacious1

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme
Relationship Status:
taken

3 Highscores

Vivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST Reputation

I personally would not want to know when or how I will die. I think that I would spend all my time thinking about it or worrying about it. I like to live my life in the moment and believe that things happen for a reason, when they are supposed to... Just me
Old 12-02-2014, 07:26 PM   #87
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,126 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Someone left me a PM that they enjoyed this thread and if I had time could I Get the little book of big questions back out.

Sooooo here we go.

Question
~ I guess when u realize its falling on deaf ears ? ~ lol
Old 12-02-2014, 07:27 PM   #88
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Sooooo here we go.

Question
In my opinion, you are interferring when you get way too close for comfort and people around you seem annoyed with you.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2014, 07:40 PM   #89
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,118 Times in 8,600 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Sooooo here we go.

Question
You know when you're interfering when you get that certain feeling right before you say or do something you shouldn't say or do. My throat tightens a bit, or I may get a queasy feeling in my stomach, or my salivary glands might tingle, or I might get nervous ... it all depends on the situation, but I know when I'm interfering and I know when I shouldn't do it.

Good question, Blade.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2014, 02:46 PM   #90
Smiling

How Do You Identify?:
with a distinct flair

Smiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Sooooo here we go.

Question
lol, is it technically interfering when you harrass someone into taking time out of their life to dig through a book to find a question all for the sake of your own amusement?

It's a great thread and it was crying out for resurrection! Thank you for indulging my request. I will be back to answer the question later this week, but I do have to get some sleep before work first.

Old 12-07-2014, 12:16 PM   #91
Smiling

How Do You Identify?:
with a distinct flair

I know I'm "interfering" when I pay close attention to what sort of reaction I'm getting. Typically, people don't react negatively to non-intrusive behaviors in my experience.

Personally, I know I can be meddlesome at times when I care about someone - it isn't done out of malice, but rather a genuine concern for someone's best interest (because naturally, I, who can barely run my own life, knows precisely what someone else needs, lmao). But you know what I mean....

I'm sure I can't be the only one.

The most important part is that I mostly recognize my tendency to do this - which I did not always - and I do try to reign it in. A lot. And it has substantially improved my interpersonal relationships.

Quote:

Sooooo here we go.

Question
Old 12-26-2014, 10:44 PM   #92
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I like all of your answers. Sometimes I don't think we realize we are interfering. We think we are giving good advice, though it may be unsolicited. Then again there are people who insist on interfering in others lives. I'm sure we all know someone like that. Mother in law, coworker, parent.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2014, 11:24 PM   #93
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Question 12/27/14

Why do some cultures value aging and others cultures despise aging?

How does your culture regard aging?

Have you been effected by your cultures view on aging?

The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2015, 10:17 PM   #94
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Question

I guess I it becomes interference when your influence is causing the person to make decisions not based on what they want, but based on what you want.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:22 PM   #95
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Question 12/27/14

I think some cultures despise the aging because they consume less.
Old 01-11-2015, 05:25 PM   #96
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,769 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
I think some cultures despise the aging because they consume less.
Ginger, would you elaborate a little bit? I'm confused by what you mean here.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2015, 05:36 PM   #97
Prudence

How Do You Identify?:
"congratulations, it's a girl"
Preferred Pronoun?:
Woman
Relationship Status:
single

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on till morning.
Thanked 1,179 Times in 363 Posts
Prudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST Reputation

Wow.. this thread.

does it really all matter. All we have is this one moment. What ... ya wanta go back and make things right or do things you havent...Guess what you have now.. and thats it
"There is a vitality, a life force, and energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique."---Martha Graham
Prudence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 06:34 PM   #98
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Question 12/27/14

I think some cultures value aging because they veiw them as wise, or having wisdom. Perhaps they value them simply due to respect of their elders I don't really know.
I think the culture of the working world despises aging and older employees. I have witnessed this, and have been on the butt end of it as well.

yes I've been effected by my cultures view on aging and in the business world as well. Both in good and not so good ways.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:58 PM   #99
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Ginger, would you elaborate a little bit? I'm confused by what you mean here.

I had said I think some cultures despise the aging because they consume less. I meant, because they buy less. Maybe you thought I meant, because they eat less?
Old 01-11-2015, 08:44 PM   #100
stargazingboi

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~

Thanked 8,321 Times in 1,626 Posts
stargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Question 12/27/14

My upbringing taught me that age = wisdom and deserves respect, for without them we would be nothing and have nothing

the culture in which I live (those surrounding me in society/media etc) seem to have no value for those who are older, on all levels. The media bashes looks and how people are not aging well....the gov't takes funding away from the aging as if they don't matter...people make comments all over the place with a down their nose kind of way about those who are older.

I have been effected by my upbringing and hold true to what I was taught as a youth. I value those who are older and I always will. I think they have much to teach...I find beauty in them that I do not see else where...and much more.

That being said...it doesn't mean I completely embrace the fact I am getting old. However, it has nothing to do with my view of those who are older and everything to do with how my aging body makes me physically feel. I don't mind my grey/white hair...I don't mind the wrinkles that I notice here and there (maybe because I don't have many)...I don't even mind embracing my age when folks ask. I just don't like losing my ability to be independent or the feeling of my body being broken at times.
stargazingboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stargazingboi For This Useful Post: