Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > General Gender Discussions

View Poll Results: What age range are you?
19 or younger 3 0.69%
20-29 51 11.72%
30-39 99 22.76%
40-49 171 39.31%
50-59 100 22.99%
60-69 11 2.53%
70 and above 0 0%
Voters: 435. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2009, 01:51 PM   #1
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,382 Times in 2,839 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Is it OK that we are older? Would younger people feel more welcome if those of us who are older were not here?
Apocalipstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:56 PM   #2
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
Is it OK that we are older? Would younger people feel more welcome if those of us who are older were not here?
I think it's ok. The younger guys have mentioned that they like to hear my side of things because it gives them an insight into what might be (good or bad). I don't any age is a bad thing; it's just a different thing and a different perspective. Being open to that perspective is important and closing your mind to it, IMO, isn't helpful for anyone. We all have a need to be heard and actively listened to on both sides of the coin of respect.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2009, 02:18 PM   #3
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I think age is just a state of mind. If you really think about it. We can all learn something from each other, only if we are open to it. If not, then we miss out on alot.

Love,
Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2009, 02:20 PM   #4
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,382 Times in 2,839 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I am a 16 year old boy in my head a lot of the time

*grin*
Apocalipstic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Apocalipstic For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2009, 02:24 PM   #5
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,424 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

So it seems that so far, we are outnumbering the younguns.
Can we flip our depends at them?
lol ... just kidding ... I am not quite there .... yet..... oy.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2009, 01:30 AM   #6
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:
Very PROUD BUTCH LESBIAN!

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJFemmie View Post
So it seems that so far, we are outnumbering the younguns.
Can we flip our depends at them?
lol ... just kidding ... I am not quite there .... yet..... oy.

WELL! The "youngin's" have a life!! AND, they are still gettin' laid! (Just kidding to some of you married and involved folks!)

OK, I may have "revealed" something here about myself, huh?!

Really, "we are some of the ones who paved the way" for what/HOW it is today. Whether or not young kids and/or young adults grow to learn and appreciate that in history or as part of the "process" to continue on - or not, remains up to them... and I HOPE they continue on to be radical for our cause(s). I will be, until I can no longer breathe! (But, I respect ALL ways of "contributing". It doesn't just have to be marching on the streets, etc...)

I'm OK, in fact... GOOD with all of that/this! I'm just so proud of our history and any part that I was fortunate to experience! Existing HERE (at this site), in fact - is "something" special in history and time!

(And I may or may not still get lucky now and then at age "fiddy-somethin'"... out here in the woods!)
____

Seriously, my best "female" friend died at the age of 98. I learned SO MUCH from her. And her gone from this physical plane has left SUCH A HUGE WIDE OPEN VOID IN ME!!!!!

SHE SAID TO ME:

I will always be alright, as long as I remain "teachable". I will never forget her, nor that advice.

*Hugs and kisses my sister Virgo! I love you and miss you terribly.
WILDCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WILDCAT For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2009, 01:47 AM   #7
Angelika

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Not available

Angelika Has the BEST ReputationAngelika Has the BEST ReputationAngelika Has the BEST ReputationAngelika Has the BEST ReputationAngelika Has the BEST ReputationAngelika Has the BEST ReputationAngelika Has the BEST ReputationAngelika Has the BEST ReputationAngelika Has the BEST ReputationAngelika Has the BEST ReputationAngelika Has the BEST Reputation

45 and proud *smiles* .... I love being older ... and cannot wait to actually get older. Life is just better served when older *grins*

Angelika
You are born with three things: intelligence, endurance and the opportunity to build integrity. You decide how much intelligence and endurance you are going to use. You build integrity every single day with the choices you make. | Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AngelikaCourtois | Twitter: http://twitter.com/ACourtois |
Angelika is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Angelika For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2012, 02:03 PM   #8
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalipstic View Post
I am a 16 year old boy in my head a lot of the time

*grin*

I HAVE met u. U DON'T act like one. Well u didn't the nite I met u
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:06 PM   #9
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

I'm 24x2 however I act like I'm barely a teenager most the time and after work I think I'm 102

State of mind for me
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teddybear For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2012, 02:42 PM   #10
tazz

How Do You Identify?:
Athlete/tomboi
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, cutie
Relationship Status:
Estoy recibiendo cómodo con él

Thanked 1,759 Times in 642 Posts
tazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputation

i was 22 when i came out, 35 or 36 when i joined the site, and now i'm 46.

so much has changed with the site and ME! i Was a femme at first, but over the years i have evolved so much into the Athlete/Androgynous spectrum of life. Living, Loving, and Learning every moment of it!!

i've met some peeps, been involved with some peeps, yeah... life is good

tazz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tazz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2009, 12:44 AM   #11
lee07

How Do You Identify?:
Androgynous
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym
Relationship Status:
Single

lee07 is on a distinguished road

i want ur lil picture thingamijigster
@ msLinus
Old 11-24-2009, 07:12 AM   #12
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee07 View Post
i want ur lil picture thingamijigster
@ msLinus
which picture thingamijigster??

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:26 AM   #13
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

Our household has an "age difference r us" thingie going on, so I don't tend to think about it that often. I don't have much contact with twenty-somethings though. I kinda miss that in my life.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:39 AM   #14
hottprof

How Do You Identify?:
female
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss to you... for hym...
Relationship Status:
Crashes One Femme

hottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputation

so I guess I am one of 8 or so "youngin's on this site" not too shabby... I am movin' my way up the ladder...

Smiles
hottprof is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hottprof For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2009, 01:48 PM   #15
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,138 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

The older I get, the more I learn, the more I can share with the younger generation.
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2011, 06:46 PM   #16
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,594 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Maybe we should start saving to create a retirement community one day

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2011, 07:07 PM   #17
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,594 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
We will make the most fabulous retirement fuckery ever!

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2011, 07:11 PM   #18
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
I think it is actually a really awesome idea. There are a few gay/lesbian communities out there, and people are flocking to them. They are expensive, though.

Someone who is good at creating that kind of thing should do it. If it was in a half decent location I would seriously relocate (a 55+ type community).

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2011, 07:22 PM   #19
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Oh good, I'm not as far from the mean than I thought!! Oh yeah- a queer retirement community sounds great!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2012, 01:37 PM   #20
chefhmboyrd

How Do You Identify?:
man
Preferred Pronoun?:
beef
Relationship Status:
Uncle Daddy Snap

Thanked 2,845 Times in 898 Posts
chefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I think it is actually a really awesome idea. There are a few gay/lesbian communities out there, and people are flocking to them. They are expensive, though.

Someone who is good at creating that kind of thing should do it. If it was in a half decent location I would seriously relocate (a 55+ type community).
i hear Hot SPrings is great for retirement. Maybe we should all gravitate to the hot springs as we age, then we won't have to travel so far for the reunion.....
just sayin'