Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
She thinks all my jokes are corny

Thanked 1,839 Times in 500 Posts
Dylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST Reputation
Default FTM Gear

Have any recommendations or Definite Do Not Buys to pass along?

Binders, STPs, packers, PNPs, attorneys, doctors, pharmacies, clothes, whatnot...it's all expensive. So, please pass along your recommendations or save us all some cash by telling us what didn't work for you.

Dylan
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:09 PM   #2
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I use Blowfish, The Transitional Male, and Asian Leather alot.

A huge no-no for gender counseling is Johns Hopkins. They are very anti-glbt.

Underworks for binders.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:21 PM   #3
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post
I use Blowfish, The Transitional Male, and Asian Leather alot.
A huge no-no for gender counseling is Johns Hopkins. They are very anti-glbt.

Underworks for binders.

I think you may have a typo, Andrew.

Is this the brand? www.aslanleather.com
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:41 PM   #4
Dylan
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Dylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST Reputation

What is blowfish?

I use underworks too, but I would really love to find something better. I hate the roll up, and they're just so f'ing uncomfortable. I would really like to find something cooler by summer...

Or A Big Bag Of Money To Pay For Surgery,
Dylan
Old 12-30-2009, 01:48 PM   #5
Dylan
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Andrew, what do you use Transitional Male for? I know they have a binder program, and they started selling STPs, but I also heard their STPs weren't very good. Have you had different luck? You use aslan for harnesses or what?

I've found the best harness for a pnp is one I made myself (I got the 'recipe' from Hellboi...he has some brilliant ideas).

Also, there's an FTM Foundation I can't remember the complete name of it, but if you search that on youtube, you should be able to find it (although, I will look for it, and come back with the correct name), and they're making a packing harness that looks like it would work really well, and be pretty comfortable.

Dylan
Old 12-30-2009, 01:52 PM   #6
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Stay away from Mangos when it comes to STPs. It took them 6 months to finally ship and only after I filed a complaint with the BBB.

DJ Knows Dick isn't too bad and very responsive.

Underworks remains my binder of choice and I've started using their cotton/lycra based binders. These have been working well (a beard has also helped) and are very comfortable. The roll-up issue is reduced. A trick is to also wear a shirt (like an A-shirt) under the binder. I've found this to lessen the roll-up effect. Additionally, making sure the size is right and not going for the ultimate compressing one helps. Those, I find, tend hurt too much and sizing better helps reduce that as well as reduce the roll-up effect.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2009, 01:54 PM   #7
Sam
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 2/11/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I'll let you know

Sam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST Reputation

great thread
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:13 PM   #8
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

Underworks has some good compression binders that I use and recommend, not terribly pricey either.

www.underworks.com
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to atomiczombie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2011, 01:57 AM   #9
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Y'all,
I just saw this compression undershirt advertised on TV. It's lots cheaper than other compression shirts I've seen, so I thought I'd pass it along. I know nothing of it's quality, but maybe someone else will have more information.
Smooches,
Keri

https://www.getslimtsnow.com/flare/next?rtag=tryslimts
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2011, 12:37 PM   #10
kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy is the heart that believes in angels

Thanked 2,067 Times in 584 Posts
kannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkeri1 View Post
Hi Y'all,
I just saw this compression undershirt advertised on TV. It's lots cheaper than other compression shirts I've seen, so I thought I'd pass it along. I know nothing of it's quality, but maybe someone else will have more information.
Smooches,
Keri

I just bought the binder. It will be my first, so I don't have anything to compare it with but I'll let you know what I think of it. Thanks again.
kannon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kannon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2011, 05:09 PM   #11
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default FYI: Frog Bra is no more

Many butches/FTMs have used the Frog bra from title nine sports alone or in conjunction with binders. I have been meaning to come on to post to let folks know that title nine is no longer making it, and evidently, the replacement sucks according to the comments and riot over the discontinuation of the Frog Bra. Supposedly, it was discontinued b/c they were unable to get the fabric they had gotten in the past.

Here is the replacement.

http://www.titlenine.com/product/bou...rtby=ourPicks#

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2011, 11:44 PM   #12
TCB

How Do You Identify?:
Male (FTM)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/His/Sir :)
Relationship Status:
My heart does not give of itself easily

TCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannon View Post
I just bought the binder. It will be my first, so I don't have anything to compare it with but I'll let you know what I think of it. Thanks again.
Any feedback on the chest compression?
TCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:06 PM   #13
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I have found a product made of X5 materials. Does anyone have any experience with X5 materials or know what they are.

Is it or does it contain silicone? The product description says...."Made from X5 a unique material with superior properties. Most importantly, it's phthalates free for safe fun.

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:15 AM   #14
kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy is the heart that believes in angels

Thanked 2,067 Times in 584 Posts
kannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCB View Post
Any feedback on the chest compression?
It didn't work well. I'm not satisfied w it. It's hard to put on and doesn't compress much more than a good sports bra.

It's my first experience w one so I don't have anything to compare it to. It would be nice to have one that I could put on and adjust like a vest.
kannon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kannon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2011, 02:41 PM   #15
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,655 Times in 759 Posts
The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannon View Post
It didn't work well. I'm not satisfied w it. It's hard to put on and doesn't compress much more than a good sports bra.

It's my first experience w one so I don't have anything to compare it to. It would be nice to have one that I could put on and adjust like a vest.
What size are you? I have 4 binders i'm willing to send people. I would prefer to split them up. (That is give them to atleast 2 people)

i have a medium black and white Tri-top Chest Binder - Extreme Binder Waist Length from http://ftm.underworks.com/

I have another black tri-top that seems smaller so i'm guessing that it is a small.

I have a white Double Front Compression Shirt. I think it is also a medium.

I'm 5'8" and around 160 lbs for an idea of my size and i think the small was when i was around 140 lbs.

If I needed any, anymore I would be tempted to get the Extreme Chest Concealer FTM Chest Binder Extreme! Chest Only Compression! Relaxed Mid-Section!
The Oopster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Oopster For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2011, 11:43 PM   #16
TCB

How Do You Identify?:
Male (FTM)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/His/Sir :)
Relationship Status:
My heart does not give of itself easily

TCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkeri1 View Post
Hi Y'all,
Smooches,
Keri

thanks for this. Has anyone tried this? I gather the mid section compression would be good...but what about Chest compression?
TCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:11 AM   #17
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

I used Asian leather pack and strap

I hate em both and never pack—I hate packing....as though thats gonna make me feel more like a man. Bullshit.

I never used binders cuz I don't need one.

And the other thing I hate is to have a woman try and suck my strap on...it's fake and it makes me sick so i don't allow it.

Last edited by Jet; 01-23-2011 at 02:14 AM.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:39 AM   #18
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I used Asian leather pack and strap

I hate em both and never pack—I hate packing....as though thats gonna make me feel more like a man. Bullshit.

I never used binders cuz I don't need one.

And the other thing I hate is to have a woman try and suck my strap on...it's fake and it makes me sick so i don't allow it.
Jet, this isn't very helpful or supportive.

I understand these are your opinions, and that's certainly not a problem. But it feels awfully judgmental, and that's the part that is not okay.

If you have used products that you don't think others should spend money on, then state that. But please refrain from making such loaded statements (bolded text) that can be damaging to others who come here.

If you have questions regarding this moderation, please contact me via PM.

Thinker (moderator)
Old 04-02-2014, 04:49 PM   #19
froggy674u

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hym,he, Daddy
Relationship Status:
Married

froggy674u is on a distinguished road
Default FTM gear

Where do I start. Let me say this for the bigger guys don't try the mid drift tank tops binders they only roll up on you. You have to buy the full torso binder. After buying it I threw the others away. You will fill way more secure,and wont have the worry of pulling the shorter ones down all the time. Whatever you do don't ever put them in the dyer. Lay flat to dry on top of your dyer.I hope this helps a few peeps.
froggy674u is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to froggy674u For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2014, 05:34 PM   #20
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Personally I used to love the tri tops and its all I over wore before surgery. They did roll up a bit, but for me I just never liked how constricting the full-length binders were. Also found that the full-lengths also rolled up, but just felt more uncomfortable when they did because then the material roll would just rest right across my stomach. I should say though that the main reason I didn't like those factors in the full-length is because I often had quite a bit of problem with bad stomach pain and the full-length wasn't great for that. I imagine it'd be better without the pain, though.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote