Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 07-01-2016, 06:54 AM   #421
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Here's the original you tube recipe from www.Kvalifood.com using the silicone molds.

“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2016, 07:00 AM   #422
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Sausage Carrot Zucchini Breakfast Casserole

“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2016, 08:05 AM   #423
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,800 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks Jesse, the casserole looks delicious. It would solve some of my morning "what the heck to eat" issues. I like that it can be made ahead of time, too.

I also read some other links in the the blog and never thought to put rolled up balls of tin foil under a whole chicken in the crock pot, to let the juices run underneath. I love crock pot chicken but the GF does not like them "wet". I always had made it more like a chicken stew with lots of vegies.

This way it cooks throughly (and easily) and I also like the bloggers suggestion to pop it under the broiler for a few minutes when finished, for crispy skin!

http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/slow-co...hicken-recipe/

Thanks much for the resources!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2016, 02:36 PM   #424
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

The silicone mold I ordered arrived today from USPS, yes on Sunday, I was shocked too! So I decided to have a go at baking these buns. The mix is super simple and quick to put together. When they had finished baking, I flipped them over and stuck them back in the hot oven with the temp off to allow the bottoms to brown. They have a good rise to them thanks to all of the eggs in the recipe. They aren't bad at all, but the next time I will grind my almond flour to a finer consistency.

I posted a pic in the gallery. Here's the link to it. http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/gall...r-buns&cat=500 I will likely remove the pic by tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Here's the original you tube recipe from www.Kvalifood.com using the silicone molds.
Old 07-10-2016, 09:53 AM   #425
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I crave anything carb-like.

This morning, I found a small can of pumpkin in the pantry for the Thanksging pumpkin pie I was going to attempt but never did.

Anyway, I found this website, link below and made some super easy pumpkin scones but there are 45 other recipes to chose from.

Happy Sunday!

Pumpkinpalooza – 45 Low Carb, Sweet and Savory Pumpkin Recipes

September 17, 2014 By Peace Love and Low Carb

Pumpkin Walnut Drop Scones
Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 18 minutes

Yield: 6 Scones

Serving Size: 1 Scone

Enjoy this seasonal treat with a cup of coffee or tea.

Ingredients

1 c. Almond Flour
3 Tbsp. Coconut Flour
1/4 c. Granulated Sweetener - for sugar-free I recommend Birch Xylitol or Swerve
2 tsp. Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
1 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
Pinch Celtic Sea Salt
1/4 c. Walnuts, Chopped
1 Large Egg
1/2 c. Canned Pumpkin
1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In medium mixing bowl, sift together almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together egg, pumpkin and vanilla extract.
Add wet ingredients to dry, along with walnuts and mix with spoon until incorporated.
Drop 6 even spoonfuls onto lined baking sheet.
Bake 15-18 minutes or until top lightly browns.
Remove from oven and transfer to rack to cool.

Enjoy!

This recipe has been tested with my preferred ingredients. Please consider, if I recommend a substitution, it will be included as a note in the recipe.

Pumpkin Pie Spice can be substituted with 1 drop each of cinnamon, clove, ginger and nutmeg essential oils.

Nutrition Information Per Scone: 155 cals 12 g fat, 8 g carbs, 5 g fiber, 3 NET CARBS, 6 g protein

http://peaceloveandlowcarb.com/45lowcarbpumpkinrecipes/

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2016, 01:50 AM   #426
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2016, 10:20 PM   #427
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Yum! I love baked apples, apple pie etc. I will be making these for sure, but will likely cut the amount of honey in half.

Healthy Oven Baked Apple Fritters

Prep Time:5 Min - Cook Time:15 Min - Total Time:20 Min

Serves 4

Ingredients:

¼ cup coconut flour
1/8 cup arrowroot flour
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
1 egg
2 tbsp coconut milk
¼ cup honey
1 medium Granny Smith apple, cubed into ¼ inch cubes
1 tbsp liquid coconut oil

Instructions:

1.Preheat oven to 375 F.

2.Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.

3.In a large bowl mix the coconut flour, arrowroot flour, baking powder and cinnamon.

4.Add the egg, honey and milk and mix to combine.

5.Add the apple cubes and mix to combine.

6.For each fritter, drop about one tablespoon of batter onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing the fritters about 2 inches apart.

7.Brush each fritter with coconut oil and bake for 15 minutes.

8. Serve the fritters on their own, or if you like, serve with a drizzle of honey.

http://paleogrubs.com/healthy-oven-baked-apple-fritters
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2016, 12:56 PM   #428
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Yum!

http://www.paleonewbie.com/paleo-and...eakfast-pizza/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2016, 06:01 AM   #429
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

This is a refreshing salsa for summertime that I have for lunch sometimes. I usually have it on top of a bed of chopped greens for lunch. It is also good with chicken or fish.

Watermelon & Mango Salsa

Ingredients:
Yields 3 1/2 cups

1 1/2 cups diced watermelon, seeded
1/2 diced English cucumber
1 cup diced mango
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
1/2 jalapeño pepper seeded and minced
lime zest
juice of 1 or 2 limes
fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
garlic clove, minced
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt

Prep:
Dice watermelon, cucumber, mango, onion and jalapeño and place in a medium-sized bowl. Zest the lime, add to the bowl along with the lime juice. Add the chopped basil leaves and garlic, and salt. Toss to coat. Stores well in fridge for a couple of days.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2016, 01:37 PM   #430
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,096 Times in 8,592 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Parmesan Cheese Crisps

I like these a lot. Gluten-free and no carbs. Good in soups (especially tomato soup), salads, and on their own. I tried making these long ago and mine weren't nearly as good as these.

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2016, 07:35 AM   #431
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Made this yesterday and it was really good. Made half the recipe.

I used dried herbs instead of fresh rosemary/thyme and I used fresh cilantro instead of parsley.

I threw in a few croutons and they were perfect—they added some crunch to the texture. Will certainly make this again.

Hard-Cooked Eggs in Tomato-Onion Sauce

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 onions, chopped
1 tablespoon minced garlic
3 dried chilies, optional
3 sprigs thyme or rosemary
8 eggs
3 cups chopped tomatoes (canned are fine)
Salt and pepper
Chopped parsley leaves for garnish

Preparation:
Step 1:Put oil in a 10- or 12-inch skillet and turn heat to medium. A minute or 2 later, add onions, garlic, chilies if you're using them and herb. Cook, stirring, for a minute or 2, then cover pan and turn heat to medium-low. Cook until onions are very soft but not brown, 10 to 15 minutes.

Step 2:Meanwhile, put eggs in cold water to cover. Turn heat to medium-high, bring to a boil, then turn off heat and cover; set a timer for 9 minutes.

Step 3
: When onions are done, uncover and turn heat to medium-high. Add tomatoes, a pinch of salt and some pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture bubbles. Cook for about 5 more minutes.

Step 4
: When eggs are done, put them in a bowl of ice water, then place under cold running water until they feel cool, then peel. When tomato sauce is ready, add eggs to it; cook an additional 5 minutes or so. Taste and adjust seasoning, garnish and serve hot.

Last edited by Orema; 08-08-2016 at 07:48 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2016, 07:56 AM   #432
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

I've been wanting to make this ever since you first posted it on the dinner thread. It looks so good! I have all of the ingredients, just need to get around to making it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Made this yesterday and it was really good. Made half the recipe.

I used dried herbs instead of fresh rosemary/thyme and I used fresh cilantro instead of parsley.

I threw in a few croutons and they were perfect—they added some crunch to the texture. Will certainly make this again.

Hard-Cooked Eggs in Tomato-Onion Sauce

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 onions, chopped
3 dried chilies, optional
3 sprigs thyme or rosemary
8 eggs
3 cups chopped tomatoes (canned are fine)
Salt and pepper
Chopped parsley leaves for garnish

Preparation:
Step 1:Put oil in a 10- or 12-inch skillet and turn heat to medium. A minute or 2 later, add onions, garlic, chilies if you're using them and herb. Cook, stirring, for a minute or 2, then cover pan and turn heat to medium-low. Cook until onions are very soft but not brown, 10 to 15 minutes.

Step 2:Meanwhile, put eggs in cold water to cover. Turn heat to medium-high, bring to a boil, then turn off heat and cover; set a timer for 9 minutes.

Step 3
: When onions are done, uncover and turn heat to medium-high. Add tomatoes, a pinch of salt and some pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture bubbles. Cook for about 5 more minutes.

Step 4
: When eggs are done, put them in a bowl of ice water, then place under cold running water until they feel cool, then peel. When tomato sauce is ready, add eggs to it; cook an additional 5 minutes or so. Taste and adjust seasoning, garnish and serve hot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2016, 06:09 PM   #433
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

I altered this a little, as I usually do. It was delicious.

The GF doesn't like blueberries (!?) so I peeled a Trader Joes flat of fresh peaches, added a little more xanthan gum to thicken the juice than the recipe and I crushed a handful of pecans to mix in with the dough crumble. I also mixed about 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon with the peaches. I used Erythritol to sweeten the peaches instead of Swerve. I did not use lemon juice or zest.

It took 30 minutes to bubble and brown for me.

BLUEBERRY COBBLER - LOW CARB AND GLUTEN FREE

This easy low carb and gluten free blueberry cobbler has all the flavors of summer packed into it for less than 100 calories per serving!

Author: Mellissa Sevigny
Recipe type: Low Carb Dessert Recipe
Cuisine: American
Serves: 9 servings

INGREDIENTS
For the filling:
3 cups blueberries
¼ tsp xanthan gum (to thicken)
2 Tbsp Swerve (or other sweetener)
1 tsp lemon juice

For the topping:
2 Tbsp butter
⅔ cup almond flour
2 Tbsp Swerve (or other sweetener)
½ tsp lemon zest

INSTRUCTIONS
In a medium bowl, combine the blueberries, xanthan gum, sweetener, and lemon juice and mix well until the blueberries are coated.

Add the blueberry mixture to a 9 x 9 pan (or smaller ramekins.)
Melt the butter in the microwave in an average sized coffee mug or bowl. Stir in the almond flour, sweetener, and lemon zest until a crumbly dough forms.
Using your hands, crumble the dough over the blueberries in pea (or larger) sized clumps.

Bake in a 375 degree (F) oven for 22 minutes (for the large pan) or 16-18 minutes in smaller ramekins - or until the crust is golden brown and the blueberries are bubbling. Serve warm or cold.

NOTES
Approx. nutrition info per serving (1/9th of recipe, 3x3 square):

95 calories, 6g fat, 6.5g net carbs, 2g protein

(Ice cream is optional and not included in nutrition information)

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2015...uten-free.html

~Washington Post

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2016, 05:24 PM   #434
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Sweet Potato Crustless Quiche

Note: You can substitute parsley in place of the dried chervil
Old 08-19-2016, 07:49 PM   #435
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,996 Times in 9,940 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
This is a refreshing salsa for summertime that I have for lunch sometimes. I usually have it on top of a bed of chopped greens for lunch. It is also good with chicken or fish.

Watermelon & Mango Salsa

Ingredients:
Yields 3 1/2 cups

1 1/2 cups diced watermelon, seeded
1/2 diced English cucumber
1 cup diced mango
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
1/2 jalapeño pepper seeded and minced
lime zest
juice of 1 or 2 limes
fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
garlic clove, minced
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt

Prep:
Dice watermelon, cucumber, mango, onion and jalapeño and place in a medium-sized bowl. Zest the lime, add to the bowl along with the lime juice. Add the chopped basil leaves and garlic, and salt. Toss to coat. Stores well in fridge for a couple of days.
Sounds yummy, Jesse.

I make a seasonal salsa, which is slightly different -- but it absolutely divine as a chutney for roasted meat (turkey, chicken, pork loins, or even drizzled over Vanilla sorbet/ice cream).

I make my salsa out of dark violet Italian prunes, mango, pears, green tomatoes, sweet onions, habenero peppers and cinnamon. Roasted cloves of garlic, too and basalmic vinegar. I might even add a pinch or two of coarse sea salt and coconut sugar. It needs to meld at room temperature for half a day, then marinated for 2-3 days in the refrigerator. Then, depending on how it appears, I might reduce it to a coarse puree, and then seal it up in jars. Keeping all of it refrigerated, of course. It's very yummy. And the 'heat' of the salsa expands once you begin to consume it with chips, meats or on frozen desserts.

Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2016, 07:20 PM   #436
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

I was finally able to get my hands on a box of Kirkland low carb bars this morning.

I kept reading about them in blogs but never could find them in stock at my local Costcos.

The cookie dough bar is so good but I have not yet tried the chocolate brownie.

There are 20 to a box and I paid $17.99, which is about 90 cents per bar. I really hate Quest bars so am happy to be able to get these.

From the Costco web site:

Whey Protein Isolate as the primary protein source and fortified with high fiber and only 1 gram of sugar, this protein bar will inspire you to enjoy one every day. As an excellent source of fiber, these bars can be enjoyed any time of the day. Each Kirkland Signature bar contains 21 grams of pure isolate protein and is made with real chocolate. It’s a winning combination of function and flavor that is sure to satisfy.

Includes:
10 Chocolate Brownie Flavor
10 Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Flavor
Certified Gluten Free
No Artificial Flavors
Made with Real Chocolate
Non-GMO
15 grams of Fiber
21 grams of Protein
4 grams Net Carbs
1 gram of Sugar
Certified Kosher

~Washington Post

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2016, 01:18 PM   #437
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

http://www.sugarfreemom.com/recipes/...ucumber-chips/

I have one of the dehydrators loaded with something very similar to the above, except I used a little olive oil, white vinegar, garlic powder, cayenne, a Mediterranean spice blend, and a blend of white cheeses. I used the English cukes. It smells yummy!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2016, 02:29 PM   #438
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

OMG! These turned out so good! They have a great crunch! I may have gone a bit overboard with the cayenne though. lol

Next I am going to try a mix of onion & garlic powder with a little sour cream and see how those taste. These take care of my need for crunch and/or chips in a healthy way. I have some beets to do as well, but not sure what seasoning I want to put on them yet. Maybe just sea salt and turmeric.

Quote:
http://www.sugarfreemom.com/recipes/...ucumber-chips/

I have one of the dehydrators loaded with something very similar to the above, except I used a little olive oil, white vinegar, garlic powder, cayenne, a Mediterranean spice blend, and a blend of white cheeses. I used the English cukes. It smells yummy!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2016, 04:21 PM   #439
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Default Mmm....squash!

I am going to make this next week using some Against All Grain crepe/tortillas that I have in place of lasagna noodles; there is a recipe link on the page for making your own grain free crepes, if you so wish. I am choosing to leave the kale out and sub in some mushrooms & other veggies in it's place. I am not putting a pic up because it is huge!

Creamy Butternut & Sausage Lasagna (Paleo)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2016, 10:00 AM   #440
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Brussels Sprouts With Pancetta

This recipe came to (The New York)Times in 2003 from Suzanne Goin, the Los Angeles restaurateur whose braised vegetables are a hallmark of her cuisine. It is a marvelously flavorful dish, rich with garlic and salty pancetta. It is one to keep.

Featured in: Thanksgiving Dinner, With 12 Chefs On The Side.

Ingredients
1 ½ cups fresh bread crumbs
2 teaspoons thyme leaves
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 pounds baby brussels sprouts, washed and trimmed (cut larger ones in two)
Salt and pepper
6 ounces pancetta in small dice (1 1/2 cups)
3 tablespoons minced shallots
½ cup balsamic vinegar
½ cup veal stock or rich chicken broth, more if needed
2 tablespoons chopped parsley

Preparation
Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, mix bread crumbs and thyme with 1/4 cup olive oil, and spread on a cookie sheet. Toast, tossing frequently, until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.

Heat butter and remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until foamy. Add brussels sprouts, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and sauté, tossing frequently, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add diced pancetta, and sauté, tossing frequently, until sprouts are well browned and softened slightly, and pancetta is crisp, about 10 minutes more. Reduce heat, add shallots and garlic, and sauté until fragrant, 2 minutes.

Increase heat to high, add balsamic vinegar and stock, and cook, tossing frequently, until sprouts are glazed and tender, about 10 minutes; add more stock if needed. Taste, adjusting seasoning if necessary, and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Transfer to a warm serving bowl and scatter bread crumbs on top.

Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
506 calories; 34 grams fat; 10 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 17 grams monounsaturated fat; 4 grams polyunsaturated fat; 38 grams carbohydrates; 7 grams dietary fiber; 8 grams sugars; 13 grams protein; 39 milligrams cholesterol; 858 milligrams sodium

Note: The (nutritional) information shown is Edamam’s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:

Tags
carbs, healthy fats, high protein, low carbs, paleo