Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 03-23-2015, 11:39 PM   #461
HoldMeSteady

How Do You Identify?:
Wise old Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, hers
Relationship Status:
single

HoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
Really good new series on Netflix.
"Bloodline" is a dramatic thriller that explores the demons lurking beneath the surface of a contemporary American family. The Rayburns are hard-working pillars of their Florida Keys community. But when the black sheep son comes home for the 45th anniversary of his parents' hotel, he threatens to expose the Rayburns' dark secrets and shameful past, pushing his siblings to the limits of family loyalty.

Starring:Kyle Chandler, Ben Mendelsohn, Sissy Spacek, Sam Shepard
Creators:Todd A. Kessler, Daniel Zelman, Glenn Kessler
Genres: TV Shows, TV Dramas, TV Mysteries

http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/80010655
I've watched 9 episodes so far. I was really sucked in the middle episdoes. the first couple of episodes and episode 8 are voice-over heavy and plot manipulative - too Damages like? But in those middle episodes all the characters are in the gray area - I can feel for all of them - and almost all of them scare me a little. I keep wanting to scream at them - Why can't you all talk to each other? And to Danny - can't you just have a screaming fight with your family. But I guess it's all the gothic secrecy.
HoldMeSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HoldMeSteady For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2015, 08:40 AM   #462
HoldMeSteady

How Do You Identify?:
Wise old Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, hers
Relationship Status:
single

HoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST Reputation

I forgot to say how much I love the performances. Kyle Chandler's and Ben Mendelsohn's performances are multi-faceted. Chandler, like in Friday Night Lights, says so much with so little. Has anybody seen the movie Animal Kingdom? Since seeing it, seeing Mendelsohn on the screen makes my stomach tighten. He makes me feel just as queasy on this show. So good. lol And I love seeing my "friends" from my old favorite series Friday Night Lights and Linda Cardellini from Freaks and Geaks. Do you think I'm a little too close to the characters on my TV screen?
The Following User Says Thank You to HoldMeSteady For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2015, 01:31 PM   #463
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

June 12th everyone!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2015, 03:41 PM   #464
HoldMeSteady

How Do You Identify?:
Wise old Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, hers
Relationship Status:
single

so excited! btw, I just watched another interesting Australian series - The Slap. It was adapted from the book (Australian) before the American series was made.
The Following User Says Thank You to HoldMeSteady For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2015, 07:05 PM   #465
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

'Hit and Miss'

"The accomplishment of the interesting "Hit and Miss is that it deftly navigates its minefield of a premise. The lead character, Mia (Chloe Sevigny) is indeed a coldly efficient killer, and she's also transgender, but first and foremost, she's a human being with flaws, an agenda and complex emotions that creator Paul Abbott ("Shameless," "State of Play") and writer Sean Conway spend a lot of time exploring. This show isn't about the premise, it's about the difficult person at the heart of it.

Generally speaking, the low-key "Hit and Miss" does a good job of exploring Mia as a person while acknowledging her trans status matter-of-factly. Her transition isn't who she is, it's part of who she is; the difficulty she has achieving true emotional intimacy is more of a factor in her story than the status of her body or the hormones in it. Just as Mia carefully controls the images she projects -- she wears an asexual hoodie and dark clothing for work, but flowing dresses and colorful cowboy boots the rest of the time -- "Hit and Miss" is an exercise in measured, deliberate characterization."

I really liked this series. Unfortunately, it is only one season and there will not be any additional seasons. On Netflix.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mauree...b_1662429.html

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2015, 07:59 AM   #466
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Default If you enjoy romance....

Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2015, 11:58 AM   #467
HoldMeSteady

How Do You Identify?:
Wise old Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, hers
Relationship Status:
single

Quote:
'Hit and Miss'
Just finished it. I like it a lot. It was about so much more than transexuality but dealt with it differently than most media. I hate when a season ends with a cliff hanger and it doesn't come back.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HoldMeSteady For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2015, 12:15 PM   #468
deathbypoem

How Do You Identify?:
Poetically versed to breathe only truth and bleed certainty
Preferred Pronoun?:
Kane
Relationship Status:
Married to Chefnaction

Thanked 4,739 Times in 1,584 Posts
deathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputation
Default got sucked into this one

mmm I binge watched "The Killing" (4 seasons) phenomenal series!

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own
deathbypoem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deathbypoem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2015, 12:04 AM   #469
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Netflix is bringing plenty of new content to the table in May to tide us over until the heavy hitters start piling up later this summer.

Along with Inglourious Basterds, Legally Blonde and Fruitvale Station, Netflix will also bring original series Grace & Frankie and a stand-up special from Jen Kirkman to its streaming service next month.

Here is the complete list of additions to Netflix in May:

May 1st
Beyond Clueless (2014)
Jimi: All Is On My Side (2013)
Legally Blonde (2001)
Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde (2003)
No No: A Dockumentary (2014)
The Last Waltz (1978)
The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio (2005)
Underclassmen (2015)
Witnesses (Season 1)

May 2nd
Lalaloopsy: Festival of Sugary Sweets (2015)
LeapFrog Letter Factory Adventures: Amazing World Explorers (2015)

May 3rd
Anita (2013)
D.L. Hughley: Clear (2014)
Royal Pains (Season 6)

May 5th
A Few Best Men (2011)

May 6th
The Longest Week (2014)
Tyler Perry’s A Madea Christmas (2013)

May 8th
Grace and Frankie (Season 1)
Puss in Boots (Season 1 – Five Additional Episodes)
Tyler Perry’s A Madea Christmas (2013)

May 9th
Jinn (2014)
The Liberator (2013)

May 12th
Extraterrestrial (2014)
Fruitvale Station (2013)
Magical Universe (2013)

May 13th
The Identical (2014)

May 14th
American Restoration (New Collection)
Counting Cars (New Collection)
Dance Moms (New Collection)
Duck Dynasty (New Collection)
Hoarders (New Collection)
Modern Marvels (New Collection)
The Universe (New Collection)

May 15th
Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown (Season 4)
Cyber-Seniors (2014)
Dawg Fight (2015)
Give Me Shelter (2014)
Granite Flats (Seasons 1-3)

May 16th
First Period (2013)

May 17th
Tinker Bell and the Legend of the NeverBeast (2015)

May 19th
Before I Disappear (2014)
Girlhood (2014)
Zombeavers (2014)

May 21st
Between (Season 1)

May 22nd
H20 Mermaid Adventures (2015)
Inglourious Basterds (2009)
Jen Kirkman: I’m Gonna Die Alone (And I Feel Fine) (2015)
Richie Rich (Season 2)
The Other One: The Long, Strange Trip of Bob Weir (2014)
Transporter: The Series (Season 1)

May 23rd
Antarctica: A Year on Ice (2013)
The Boxtrolls (2014)

May 24th
Love and Honor (2013)
Welcome to the Punch (2013)

May 26th
Graceland (Seasons 1-2)

May 27th
Before I Go to Sleep (2014)

May 29th
Hot Girls Wanted (2015)
Mako Mermaids (Season 3)

http://bgr.com/2015/04/22/netflix-movies-may-2015/

~Washington Post

The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2015, 03:16 PM   #470
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

It took us 3 episodes to get into this series and many of you may have already seen it. I do not know if there will be a season 2 or if it is just a mini-series; regardless, it is absorbing and interesting. It is difficult to figure out who is the bad guy at any given moment and I like that.

The Honourable Woman (2014)

Centers on Nessa Stein, a woman who inherits her father's business and finds herself in a international maelstrom as she continues to promote the reconciliation between Israelis and Palestinians.

Stars: Maggie Gyllenhaal, Stephen Rea, Lubna Azabal

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3021686/

~Washington Post

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2015, 11:40 AM   #471
HoldMeSteady

How Do You Identify?:
Wise old Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, hers
Relationship Status:
single

Quote:
The Honourable Woman (2014)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3021686/
I found it interesting as well. Pretty brave in the current political climate.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HoldMeSteady For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2015, 10:33 AM   #472
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Default Sad...but good sad...😂

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2015, 11:38 PM   #473
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

I watched A Good Marriage (Joan Allen, Anthony LaPaglia). Creepy. 3 1/2 stars, worth watching.

From IMDB.com "After 25 years of a good marriage, what will Darcy do once she discovers her husband's sinister secret?"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2180994/

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2015, 10:39 AM   #474
HoldMeSteady

How Do You Identify?:
Wise old Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, hers
Relationship Status:
single

I started watching Sense8. It's got lesbian, and gays and trans ... oh my! I'm finding it fun.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HoldMeSteady For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2015, 05:23 AM   #475
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,122 Times in 8,602 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default New Documentary Finds Nina Simone 'In Between The Black And White Keys'

New Documentary Finds Nina Simone 'In Between The Black And White Keys'

========Trailer========
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2015, 04:18 PM   #476
deathbypoem

How Do You Identify?:
Poetically versed to breathe only truth and bleed certainty
Preferred Pronoun?:
Kane
Relationship Status:
Married to Chefnaction

Thanked 4,739 Times in 1,584 Posts
deathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputation

Unsealed Alien Files. Interesting.

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own
deathbypoem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to deathbypoem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2015, 11:56 AM   #477
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

One of my favorite 'feel good' movies.....💖

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2015, 06:37 PM   #478
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Wondering if anyone else has run into this...

Apparently some time ago Netflix updated their site and now I can't see any descriptions. Just a title, year, list of actors, genre. When I checked it looks like what they show for the new update but the sample (on the corporate site) has descriptions and mine doesn't.

I guess others have had the same problem, chatter on google, but I see no solution.

Sort of makes the whole service pointless.

Ideas? Solutions?

ETA: I tried it on two different browsers in case it was on my end.

Last edited by Kelt; 07-19-2015 at 06:46 PM. Reason: ETA
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2015, 08:03 PM   #479
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Wondering if anyone else has run into this...

Apparently some time ago Netflix updated their site and now I can't see any descriptions. Just a title, year, list of actors, genre. When I checked it looks like what they show for the new update but the sample (on the corporate site) has descriptions and mine doesn't.

I guess others have had the same problem, chatter on google, but I see no solution.

Sort of makes the whole service pointless.

Ideas? Solutions?

ETA: I tried it on two different browsers in case it was on my end.
Update: I found the problem, it was an extension I was using that was specific to netflix called Flix. I recommended it some time back on this thread. I turned it off and found that the new version of Netflix incorporates all of the features I was getting from the extension anyway.

You may return to your seats...
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2015, 05:40 AM   #480
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Update: I found the problem, it was an extension I was using that was specific to netflix called Flix. I recommended it some time back on this thread. I turned it off and found that the new version of Netflix incorporates all of the features I was getting from the extension anyway.

You may return to your seats...
Here I am pulling up your posts so I can leave you a rep note (translation: The Lazy Man's private message), and I find you being your neurotic self here on the netflix thread. I thought you saved this for the thread?

P.S. No one gives a shit. Except maybe me. And that is only because I see myself in you. You poor sap.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: