Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Any of you guys used any of the GC2B binders? I hear they work great for big chested guys like me, but before I buy, I would like to hear why they are better then Underworks!
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2015, 11:24 AM   #2
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
Any of you guys used any of the GC2B binders? I hear they work great for big chested guys like me, but before I buy, I would like to hear why they are better then Underworks!
Hey, JDeere. I had top surgery before they came out, but I can tell you that I have consistently heard/read guys saying they are more comfortable thank Underworks and bind just as well.

I was a die hard Underworks fan wearing the Tri Top for many, many years, and I would have tried one.

So, in sum, I have not heard that they bind better than Underworks, just that they bind just as well. The selling point is that they are more comfortable. Assuming you have been wearing Underworks, you know the material is very harsh on the skin.

You may want to ask the same question on the FTM Gear thread as well. There may be guys who read that thread when it pops up, but not this one.

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...read.php?t=608

If you get it, let us know what you think!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2015, 07:18 PM   #3
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Hey, JDeere. I had top surgery before they came out, but I can tell you that I have consistently heard/read guys saying they are more comfortable thank Underworks and bind just as well.

I was a die hard Underworks fan wearing the Tri Top for many, many years, and I would have tried one.

So, in sum, I have not heard that they bind better than Underworks, just that they bind just as well. The selling point is that they are more comfortable. Assuming you have been wearing Underworks, you know the material is very harsh on the skin.

You may want to ask the same question on the FTM Gear thread as well. There may be guys who read that thread when it pops up, but not this one.

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...read.php?t=608

If you get it, let us know what you think!
Yes the Underworks binder I use doesn't bind like it need it to at times and I do scratch and it becomes uncomfortable!

Will go post in the FTM Gear thread! Thanks!
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2016, 05:04 PM   #4
Galahad

How Do You Identify?:
do I have to?
Relationship Status:
single

Galahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST Reputation

I'm starting therapy so I can get T and I am wondering what kind of questions does a therapist ask. I'm extremely introverted and talking to a stranger about personal things is worrying. Does anyone remember?
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 05:37 PM   #5
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
I'm starting therapy so I can get T and I am wondering what kind of questions does a therapist ask. I'm extremely introverted and talking to a stranger about personal things is worrying. Does anyone remember?
Are you going to a self identified gender therapist?

Then they will ask about your gender dysphoria. The specifics of it.
They will ask when it was you first realized you were transgender. Your "journey" so to speak of discovery. One thing to know that you shouldn't feel like you have to have the traditional story of "knowing for as long as I can remember". It is not like in the old days. Gender therapists know that everyone is individual and even if you just figured it out last year, that doesn't mean you are less trans than the guy who knew at age 3.

What goals do you have in transition? It sounds like you already know you want testosterone, so I assume you want to be seen as, and live your life as male.

The person will be interested in what emotional supports you have in place to help you through transition. They will want to know if you have any people in your life that will make it harder, that you care about (like parents, spouse).

How will your job respond?

Another thing they should decipher is if you have any mental health problems that may not have anything to do with gender dysphoria ... Depression? That may just be due to dysphoria, but it could also be a "stand alone" sort of problem. Trans people are just like anyone else (they could have mental health problems). The only difference is that they have gender dysphoria, on top.

You will be fine.

Let us know how it went.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2016, 10:42 PM   #6
Galahad

How Do You Identify?:
do I have to?
Relationship Status:
single

Galahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks for that and answering the other question. I was hoping that was about all. I think just getting to talk to someone will help, but even if this one doesn't work out I will keep working through the lists. No appt until the 4th. I will post back here though.
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Galahad For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2016, 07:32 AM   #7
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
Thanks for that and answering the other question. I was hoping that was about all. I think just getting to talk to someone will help, but even if this one doesn't work out I will keep working through the lists. No appt until the 4th. I will post back here though.
The usefulness of a therapist longer term than just the letter is support, planing, and trouble shooting while coming out in the various areas of your life. It can be helpful to have someone help you navigate the process. Just my opinion.

Also the MOST important thing (which I suggest you ask before the appt), is if the therapist is willing to write a letter for testosterone (assuming your T provider requires one). Non-gender therapists often are uncomfortable with this.

The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: