Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 05-12-2014, 06:40 AM   #1381
traumaqueen

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
that grrl
Relationship Status:
happily occupied and awfully engaged.

traumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputation

I ran a very snowy five miles this morning. I'm feeling pretty ready for the Bolder Boulder race that's coming up on Memorial day, it's nice to be back at full pace a year after tearing my ACL.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:36 PM   #1382
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Well, I planned to go for a half hour after work but I wound up working harder at work than I anticipated and decided enough was enough. Too pooped to pot tonight.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2014, 08:57 PM   #1383
o222Good

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Married

o222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Walked 2 3/4 miles
10 flights of stairs

Finding it really hard to get back...
o222Good is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to o222Good For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2014, 10:38 PM   #1384
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,377 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'd love to say I did anything worthwhile today. Sadly I did not.

We are having a hot snap of weather so my game plan is to hit the beach early tomorrow morning before it's too warm and also beating the tide.

I may have car washing on the agenda as well, it's so dirty I'm embarrassed to drive it and have been afoot for four days.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2014, 10:43 PM   #1385
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,109 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

I tended the big garden , grilled dinner, collected eggs, did dishes...watered all the critters and chased a crazy guinea bird for a half hour.

considering I've been having great difficulties with walking due to back pain, especially on the uneven ground of the farm...this was a good active day
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2014, 03:16 PM   #1386
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Mission accomplished.

I was on the beach by 7 and it was beautiful, sunny and already 65°, I did my basic 3 miles and tacked on 1 more mile barefoot in the softest sand to exercise my feet.

Also got the car washed in my neighbors driveway and put it back right where it had been having driven a grand total of 1/2 block.

I have switched to doing the bulk of my PT at the beach where it actually gets done. I've been slacking and even though I've been told what I'm doing won't help, I still think it is a good idea on principal. For whatever reason I am just a lot better at getting my exercise done outdoors. Even if I do look rather foolish with some of it. I am thankful I have a good outdoor spot to use.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2014, 05:18 PM   #1387
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
I was on the beach by 7 and it was beautiful, sunny and already 65°

File under "careful what you wish for", the normal high for this day is 67°. Right now is 92° and rising.

Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer. I had better get out early again.

What air conditioning?? This doesn't happen here.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2014, 05:52 PM   #1388
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,717 Times in 5,082 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I loved when I got to do some of my exercises on the beach last summer's vacation and use the sand as my "mat." It was really the best times of the trip for me. I'm looking forward to it again for our week this August. For this summer's vacation I went in with family members and a friend on a house in Fire Island that has it's own little pool. We've never done that before, and I'm excited about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
I have switched to doing the bulk of my PT at the beach where it actually gets done. I've been slacking and even though I've been told what I'm doing won't help, I still think it is a good idea on principal. For whatever reason I am just a lot better at getting my exercise done outdoors. Even if I do look rather foolish with some of it. I am thankful I have a good outdoor spot to use.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2014, 10:03 PM   #1389
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I was scheduled to go back to Pilates tomorrow and am very bummed I have to cancel. I am having quite a bit of discomfort in my neck and across my scapula after getting rear-ended yesterday.

I will give it another day or so, just to make sure everything is ok. I miss Pilates already. It was a crazy contradiction of very hard but very easy at the same time. I didn't feel any discomfort until the next day and that was strictly in my abdominals and inner thighs.

I want to jump back on the reformer as soon as I possibly can.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2014, 11:04 AM   #1390
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Early morning workout today. I'm a bit under the weather, so I opted for a long, steady workout. Nothing too drastic and no running, interval or not. Turtle, not hare.

I used the hill program and started at level 3, increasing the level as I grew comfortable with the pace, until I was at level 14.

Stats: 383 calories, 3.23 miles, 65 minutes

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2014, 11:42 AM   #1391
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,408 Times in 6,876 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Im fixin to go on an approximately 3 mile hike...theres some good uphill involved...and its a beautiful day. I question whether it even counts as exercise!
Old 05-14-2014, 05:27 PM   #1392
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Oy!!

Had PT appt this afternoon. The good news was an hour in AC during unseasonably (un-geographically) warm weather.

The bad news was WOW! They gave me all new goodies to do in addition to the old. How many kinds of squats are there? Lots of the one legged variety apparently. So now I'm doing those with pole, furniture slides, foam roller, and rubber bands.

All the little compensating tricks I have been using for the last several years have to be undone now. I tilt when I'm not supposed to, and have to learn how to stick out this or that body part in what feels like totally unnatural ways.

Other than that, 3 miles on the beach this morning with the old PT and some dips and push-ups on the pylons for good measure.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2014, 06:47 PM   #1393
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

After work, I walked part way home (over 100 blocks) for 2.5 hours by the river. I had prepared for a colder temperature with what I was wearing (long sleeves, long pants) and ended up feeling clammy. It was foggy with no sun. The fog can be pretty on the water with all the sailboats, and the sea air and smell of being by the river is nice. An ocean and sand instead of concrete would be much nicer, but I'll take what I can get.

How do I... ?
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2014, 11:26 PM   #1394
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
I loved when I got to do some of my exercises on the beach last summer's vacation and use the sand as my "mat." It was really the best times of the trip for me. I'm looking forward to it again for our week this August. For this summer's vacation I went in with family members and a friend on a house in Fire Island that has it's own little pool. We've never done that before, and I'm excited about it.
This sounds like a great vacation! Don't forget to look around for things to be creative with like a chunk of driftwood or some dune or structure you can turn into great bodyweight exercises. Getting into the soft stuff can make for a surprisingly good cardio workout. Just bring a towel so you don't get wandering sand. Just sayin'

Something I like about the beach I go to is that it is a "workingmans" beach, at least that is how I think of it. It isn't fancy and neither are the people, not at all what comes to mind when saying "California beach". It's on San Francisco Bay, not the coast, so it is rather like a really big lake that has tides. No fancy people or pristine sands. During the week it is just folks like me going to do exercise or stopping for lunch. Birds, seaweed, and coarser sand.

On the weekend it's common to see personal trainers bring out small groups for boot camp type classes and there a three volleyball nets in pretty much constant use with regulars, kind of reminiscent of bowling leagues. Lots of families bring their kids but there are all types of cultures and lifestyles also, quite a few gays too.

This time of year the schools come out quite a bit with athletics like track coming out for sand training and all the biology classes spend a few days out when the kids get antsy for the end of school.

I used to get a bit self-conscience when I started there but with other folks doing everything from yoga and morning prayers to a couple of guys that bring their kettle balls in wheelbarrows, I may not be the oddest one.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2014, 02:08 AM   #1395
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I am still doing the easy workouts but doing them twice a day,I weighed yesterday at 254.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2014, 07:35 AM   #1396
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I got in a quick 30~40 minute hike before work. The sky was looking ominous so I figured it would be my only opportunity

its the same trail I was broken down at. I only got to go so far...today I went a lil further...now I want to spend a day perusing there. Maybe tomorrow after work
Old 05-15-2014, 01:19 PM   #1397
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

I’m officially dubbing the new workout “Pain in the Ass” because it really is.

All my glutes are pretty much on fire but I really enjoyed doing it on the beach. Of course the inevitable happened, one of my park ranger buddies snuck up behind me and started laughing her head off at what I was doing, in addition to the group of 5 elderly Chinese walkers (who I smile and wave with all the time) who literally stopped, gathered around me, and had some sort of conversation about it pointing and snickering. Hey, they do goofy looking tai chi things too!

I had paced off about 30ft and drawn lines in the sand to mark it and then while in a half squat position with my knees tied together with the rubber band from hell go back and forth side stepping in 8in steps. I looks even worse than it sounds. Combined with other tricks like “Cowboy” (bowlegged) walking and touch squats on a pier I put on quite the show.

Even though functionally crippled from this+ I did manage a couple of wobbly miles of regular walking and then a half mile of barefoot to finish out. Combined with some calithetics I’m now saying "Aww f*ck!" whenever I try to stand up and I still have a couple more things to do this evening that I can’t do at the beach just yet because I need a mirror.

Okay, I’m a wimp.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2014, 04:38 PM   #1398
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today I did 30 minutes on the Stair Master (45/50 intervals). I encountered no problems. What a relief.

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2014, 07:56 PM   #1399
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

well....

I went back to the earlier hiking spot...just to take a lookieloo...scout out a future hike...

but....

once I got started....I wanted to see over "one more" hill....around "one more" curve...so...

a look turned into a trek...during which I got....ahem...misplaced...geographically....but I hiked a good 3 hours....and it was 99% fantabulous
Old 05-15-2014, 10:29 PM   #1400
Candelion

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/you
Relationship Status:
He can till my field.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 897 Posts
Candelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Couldn't sleep. Got up and jumped rope for 24 minutes.
Front planks: 57 sec. hold
Right side plank: 46 sec. hold
Left side plank: 40 sec. hold

Might as well have coffee. I couldn't be more wired.
Candelion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Candelion For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights