Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 01-25-2020, 08:50 PM   #161
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,867 Times in 2,474 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

The artist who wrote and performed this song has called out the radical religious (Evangelical) right about their complete and unabashed support of the profane creature, Trump, who embodies evil, hatred, dishonesty, greed and corruption.

Hymn For The 81%-- Daniel Deitrich

The following paragraphs are in the descriptive information of the video, which is posted on Youtube, as follows:

"In 2016, 81% of white evangelical Christians voted for Donald Trump after (among other things) hearing an audio recording of him bragging about sexually assaulting women.

Maya Angelou famously said, “when someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.”

In the years since, even after enacting deliberately cruel policies to rip families apart and put children in cages at the southern border, evangelical support is as fervent as ever.

I was raised in the Evangelical world. It shaped me. I learned to take the words of Jesus seriously - love God, love your neighbor, feed the hungry, fight for justice for the oppressed. I thought that things like love, kindness, gentleness, and self-control MATTERED. I have been so confused and deeply saddened by the unflinching loyalty to a man who so clearly embodies the opposite of these values.

This song is a lament. It's a loving rebuke. It's a plea for the 81%, to come home to the way of Jesus."
-- Daniel Deitrich, composer and artist

I certainly hope this song/video continues to go viral. As a Christian believer/follower, by both my raising and personal faith, I absolutely feel the very same way as this artist, in this song, as he calls out the very Evangelicals and church/religious entities who are supporting the very evil that Jesus instructed us to eschew and ardently stand against. Our beliefs and faith in the teachings and word of Christ, as our Savior, is what gives us the right and privilege of claiming the name "Christians".

~Theo~
Old 01-25-2020, 09:12 PM   #162
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,126 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

I watch "our brothers" Anderson Cooper and Don Lemon every evening ~ I admire their liberal minds lightly dusted with old fashion ethics ~ Their political views suttelly made clear in their journalism .
Old 01-25-2020, 10:04 PM   #163
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,588 Times in 14,919 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Today Pompeo came out and accused Kelly lying to him twice! Once was about a portion of the interview supposedly being "off the record", I'm assuming it's the part where he uses such unnecessary foul and nasty
language.

So who shall I believe, a respected NPR journalist or one of Trump's mouthpiece who's been caught in lie after lie?
Pompeo responds to NPR reporter, says story is another example of 'unhinged' media.

Another page right out of "you know who's" playbook!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2020, 10:25 PM   #164
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Over 24 hours later and some of these poor delicate flowers are still whining and carrying on over this!

IF these dainty politicians can't handle a simple comment like that, how on earth will they EVER be able to handle a tough opponent in their re-election campaign..
Old 01-26-2020, 08:22 AM   #165
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool The Republican arguments

The movie "CATS" has had some terrible reviews, imdb lists its rating presently as 2.8 out of 10 !! (lol)

On another site, I saw a warning about this film:

to the effect that watching it "might cause brain damage".

Since I had already diligently watched all of witnesses testifying as the Dems were preparing their Impeachment brief, I skipped Schiff's presentation, and only caught some of his presentation on the news, and yes it was very well done, absolutely excellent.

However, having seen a few of the incoherent Republican arguments on the news, I thought that it might be useful to also warn people that watching the Republican arguments might also cause brain damage; and then it occurred to me that anyone who agreed with what they were putting forward had already suffered from brain damage, and that they all should be immediately picked up and placed under medical surveillance. Trump and his Republicans really know their voting base.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2020, 11:36 AM   #166
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default T.V. Ratings

President Trump expressed frustration on Twitter over the fact that his "lawyers will be forced to start on Saturday, which is called Death Valley in T.V.

If I can just recycle an old Seinfeld joke...(his of course pertained to blood on your clothes and laundry)

IF you've got lawyers defending you in an impeachment hearing, perhaps low TV ratings aren't your biggest problem!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2020, 09:41 AM   #167
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Info from a leaked manuscript.......

Former national security adviser John Bolton came under fire on Sunday over a report that was published in The New York Times that claimed that Bolton said in his upcoming book that President Donald Trump directly tied financial assistance to Ukraine with Ukraine announcing an investigation into Democrat presidential candidate Joe Biden.

“President Trump told his national security adviser in August that he wanted to continue freezing $391 million in security assistance to Ukraine until officials there helped with investigations into Democrats including the Bidens, according to an unpublished manuscript by the former adviser, John R. Bolton,” The New York Times reported. The Times added that one of the reasons that Bolton now wants to testify is that he is afraid that “he will be accused of holding back to increase his book sales.”

Immediately following the publication of the Times’ report, Democrats and the media began to call on Republicans in the Senate to allow new witnesses to be brought into Trump’s impeachment trial.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2020, 10:36 AM   #168
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

The majority of us were brought up to trust our government and president; as well as all public and safety people in charge. Looking at what our young'ins have to respect and look up too is devastating ~ coaches raping children ~ teachers assaulting the kids both physically and w/ beatings ~ local politicians committing fraud in almost every state and city. How do we explain the dangerous mind of TRUMP to the children ? How do we get them to trust and feel safe ? I know from explaining social enviorements we have to teach Jonathan to beware of over friendly coaches ? So hard to look at them having to accept and answer the questions they have after . I HOPE they impeach and REMOVE TRUMP so we can start to restore the respect we should have for our country's leader. Maybe it will become a start for rehabilitation for the youth to be safe in this world. Life is short and so fragile right now. Only ethical unity can cure. ~
Old 01-27-2020, 12:00 PM   #169
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,193 Times in 5,145 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
The majority of us were brought up to trust our government and president; as well as all public and safety people in charge. Looking at what our young'ins have to respect and look up too is devastating ~ coaches raping children ~ teachers assaulting the kids both physically and w/ beatings ~ local politicians committing fraud in almost every state and city. How do we explain the dangerous mind of TRUMP to the children ? How do we get them to trust and feel safe ? I know from explaining social enviorements we have to teach Jonathan to beware of over friendly coaches ? So hard to look at them having to accept and answer the questions they have after . I HOPE they impeach and REMOVE TRUMP so we can start to restore the respect we should have for our country's leader. Maybe it will become a start for rehabilitation for the youth to be safe in this world. Life is short and so fragile right now. Only ethical unity can cure. ~
I was brought up to trust the government and "officials"; but it didn't take with me. I quickly absorbed the "don't trust anyone over 30" meme, and I had a healthy suspicion of police officers and the like. I don't think we really can teach children to trust and feel safe when it comes to government officials; I think a healthy dose of suspicion is a good thing. The important thing is to teach children who they _can_ trust. Or they'll be lonely forever from lack of trust and constant suspicion.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2020, 01:34 PM   #170
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Trust

Considering my not-so-perfect childhood, I was never taught to "trust" anyone outside my immediate family. Moreover, I was always, even from childhood, quite skeptical. Luckily, being skeptical is healthy, while of course, being suspicious is always indicative of having had really bad conditioning.

To me, the element of trust is only present when there is love. As a matter of fact, when there is love, trust is a part of that love, and the issue of whether or not to trust doesn't even come up. Other than that, in ego development, it is something to be earned. The nature of trust always includes honesty, openness, transparency and above all, generosity of spirit. I can always tell who is generous and who is selfish (and not to be trusted) by the way in which they are capable of revealing the full extent of the core of why they say what they say - in other words, how they respond. You see, the worse kinds of lies are the lies of omission.

Insofar as public officials are concerned, I always thought that police officers were there to help you, especially if you were lost, and I have even driven to the closest RCMP office while driving thru Canada to get directions. I really didn't know any police officers while growing up, and I read in my 20s how there was a large number of law enforcement who beat their wives! Recent estimates are that they are 4 times more likely to hurt women than the rest of the population. I could never trust someone who was on a power trip.

Insofar as politicians are concerned, nothing that any Canadian politician has ever done has had the slightest effect on my life. If anything, their lack of action regarding climate change (and other issues) since I read "Silent Spring" in my 20s has always made me think they should all be arrested and charged with the genocide of the animals who live in nature (and more recently the Australian PM who should definitely be charged with murder - the estimates are about 1 billion animals killed in the Ozzie wildfires).

In the building where I live, the police even knew my apartment #, and would buzz me when they wanted to get into the building. Eventually, I found out that they had a code they could push and would tell them to call their head office and get the code and stop bugging me. Just because someone wears a uniform does not make them "perfect". Just because someone holds some government office doesn't make them "perfect". The worst kind of person is someone who plays god with the lives of others, and tries to get them to live according to their idea of how they should live. These kinds of people usually attract a gang of people who are susceptible to peer pressure, and the members of such a gang are notoriously untrustworthy, basically because their idea of how they see other people is always screened through their loyalty to whoever is in charge. They just can't be true to themselves, because their idea of being true is always to their "leader", and not to themselves - the whole issue of being a "leader" or a "follower".

As Shakespeare wrote, "Neither a borrower nor a lender be." So, in the same vein, I would say, neither a leader nor a follower be. It is only then that one can clearly see what the heck is going on.

So, my only question would be why on earth should anyone trust any "authority"? My main motto would be to "question authority", while remaining skeptical.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2020, 11:26 PM   #171
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by charley View Post
Considering my not-so-perfect childhood, I was never taught to "trust" anyone outside my immediate family. Moreover, I was always, even from childhood, quite skeptical. Luckily, being skeptical is healthy, while of course, being suspicious is always indicative of having had really bad conditioning.

To me, the element of trust is only present when there is love. As a matter of fact, when there is love, trust is a part of that love, and the issue of whether or not to trust doesn't even come up. Other than that, in ego development, it is something to be earned. The nature of trust always includes honesty, openness, transparency and above all, generosity of spirit. I can always tell who is generous and who is selfish (and not to be trusted) by the way in which they are capable of revealing the full extent of the core of why they say what they say - in other words, how they respond. You see, the worse kinds of lies are the lies of omission.

Insofar as public officials are concerned, I always thought that police officers were there to help you, especially if you were lost, and I have even driven to the closest RCMP office while driving thru Canada to get directions. I really didn't know any police officers while growing up, and I read in my 20s how there was a large number of law enforcement who beat their wives! Recent estimates are that they are 4 times more likely to hurt women than the rest of the population. I could never trust someone who was on a power trip.

Insofar as politicians are concerned, nothing that any Canadian politician has ever done has had the slightest effect on my life. If anything, their lack of action regarding climate change (and other issues) since I read "Silent Spring" in my 20s has always made me think they should all be arrested and charged with the genocide of the animals who live in nature (and more recently the Australian PM who should definitely be charged with murder - the estimates are about 1 billion animals killed in the Ozzie wildfires).

In the building where I live, the police even knew my apartment #, and would buzz me when they wanted to get into the building. Eventually, I found out that they had a code they could push and would tell them to call their head office and get the code and stop bugging me. Just because someone wears a uniform does not make them "perfect". Just because someone holds some government office doesn't make them "perfect". The worst kind of person is someone who plays god with the lives of others, and tries to get them to live according to their idea of how they should live. These kinds of people usually attract a gang of people who are susceptible to peer pressure, and the members of such a gang are notoriously untrustworthy, basically because their idea of how they see other people is always screened through their loyalty to whoever is in charge. They just can't be true to themselves, because their idea of being true is always to their "leader", and not to themselves - the whole issue of being a "leader" or a "follower".

As Shakespeare wrote, "Neither a borrower nor a lender be." So, in the same vein, I would say, neither a leader nor a follower be. It is only then that one can clearly see what the heck is going on.

So, my only question would be why on earth should anyone trust any "authority"? My main motto would be to "question authority", while remaining skeptical.

Good thing we have these threads to talk about issues wether personal or social. Vent away charley u need to get a lot off your shoulders . Common sense bares the weight .. open your heart there are wonderful people in this world esp. right here on this site ~ always feel free to express we are all here to help you.
Old 01-28-2020, 08:52 AM   #172
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Pompeo’s clash with NPR grows after journalist is barred from plane.

Quote:
Today Pompeo came out and accused Kelly lying to him twice! Once was about a portion of the interview supposedly being "off the record", I'm assuming it's the part where he uses such unnecessary foul and nasty
language.

So who shall I believe, a respected NPR journalist or one of Trump's mouthpiece who's been caught in lie after lie?

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s quarrel with NPR escalated on Monday after one of the radio network’s reporters was barred from flying on the secretary’s plane during an upcoming trip to Ukraine. Michele Kelemen, a veteran reporter for the network, was removed from the list of reporters allowed to fly with Pompeo on a trip to Eastern Europe, only days after the secretary reportedly exploded at another NPR reporter for asking questions about Ukraine. The State Department Correspondents’ Association swiftly condemned the move in a statement on Monday.

The correspondents association concluded that the exclusion was in retaliation for a testy exchange between Pompeo and NPR host Mary Louise Kelly on Friday morning. During a roughly 10-minute interview, Kelly asked Pompeo a number of questions on U.S. policy in Iran and on Pompeo’s involvement in the Ukraine scandal at the center of President Donald Trump’s impeachment. Kelly asked whether Pompeo owed an apology to former Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch for her unceremonious ouster from her post in Ukraine. Yovanovitch was removed as Trump and his circle viewed her as an obstacle to pushing Ukrainian officials to investigate his Democratic rivals. Pompeo responded tersely and reportedly met with Kelly afterward behind closed doors, yelling at her for asking questions about Ukraine.
Old 01-28-2020, 09:00 AM   #173
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Joni Ernst......

After President Donald Trump's legal team on Monday completed the second day of their impeachment defense—which largely consisted of attacks on former Vice President Joe Biden and his son, Hunter—Republican Sen. Joni Ernst told reporters that she is "really interested to see" how team Trump's performance at the Senate trial "informs and influences the Iowa caucus voters, those Democratic caucus-goers."

Ernst's remarks, which came just a week before the Feb. 3 Iowa caucuses, were widely viewed as an open admission that Trump's attorneys and the Republican Party are using the Senate impeachment trial as an opportunity to damage Biden at the polls.

"This is saying the quiet part out loud," tweeted MSNBC correspondent Garrett Haake, a sentiment that was echoed by others.
"Here is Joni Ernst screaming the quiet part into a bullhorn," said Kaili Joy Gray, executive editor of The American Independent, in response to the Iowa Republican's comments.
Old 01-28-2020, 09:28 AM   #174
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
After President Donald Trump's legal team on Monday completed the second day of their impeachment defense—which largely consisted of attacks on former Vice President Joe Biden and his son, Hunter—Republican Sen. Joni Ernst told reporters that she is "really interested to see" how team Trump's performance at the Senate trial "informs and influences the Iowa caucus voters, those Democratic caucus-goers."

Ernst's remarks, which came just a week before the Feb. 3 Iowa caucuses, were widely viewed as an open admission that Trump's attorneys and the Republican Party are using the Senate impeachment trial as an opportunity to damage Biden at the polls.

"This is saying the quiet part out loud," tweeted MSNBC correspondent Garrett Haake, a sentiment that was echoed by others.
"Here is Joni Ernst screaming the quiet part into a bullhorn," said Kaili Joy Gray, executive editor of The American Independent, in response to the Iowa Republican's comments.

If I'm not mistaken she's up for re-election this year! Thankfully she has a skill to fall back on!
Old 01-30-2020, 08:19 AM   #175
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2020, 08:36 AM   #176
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Trump praises Pompeo over handling of NPR reporter.....

I can't find the longer scene where the a camera focuses on Pompeo with a smirk on his face and Alan Dershowitz slapping Pompeo's back for a job well done I'm assuming!

When I saw this it made me sick to know we have these sort of men running our country!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2020, 02:03 PM   #177
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I can't find the longer scene where the a camera focuses on Pompeo with a smirk on his face and Alan Dershowitz slapping Pompeo's back for a job well done I'm assuming!

When I saw this it made me sick to know we have these sort of men running our country!
Ugly old White men oozing entitlement.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2020, 04:54 PM   #178
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

Besides making me sick, it also made we wondered if these men would want their daughters or wife's subjected to such treatment!

Such a sad state of affairs when one is rewarded and praised for such bad behavior and ESPECIALLY when the praise is coming from the commander in chief and yet even sadder, we're no longer surprised by it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2020, 05:22 PM   #179
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Unfortunately again I cannot find the longer and exact footage of what shows Trump on the White House Lawn giving shout outs and sucking up to various Republican Senators!

His claim of 'I Want Their Vote' is no doubt true, one of these few times I believe him to be telling the truth, but as I watched it also crossed my mind he was giving them a not so subtle warning not to cross him or they'd face his wraith!
Old 01-31-2020, 08:24 AM   #180
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Besides making me sick, it also made we wondered if these men would want their daughters or wife's subjected to such treatment!

Such a sad state of affairs when one is rewarded and praised for such bad behavior and ESPECIALLY when the praise is coming from the commander in chief and yet even sadder, we're no longer surprised by it!
Can you just imagine Donald's reaction if his precious Ivanka was at the receiving end of such bad behavior!