genghisfawn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme/Gentlewoman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Happily married 05/17/14

Thanked 2,157 Times in 403 Posts
genghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputation
Default Western Canada!

Are you from BC? Alberta? Saskatchewan? (Please say you're from Saskatchewan!)

If you're from Manitoba, are you for real? (Kidding!)

I'm Fawn, I'm from Saskatoon, I'm femme and I'm still digging hard for the right (non-straight) butch.

*waves*
genghisfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to genghisfawn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #2
ruby_woo

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,941 Times in 376 Posts
ruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputation

Hi! I've lived in Vancouver for the past 7 years or so. There are a few of us around the forum here, but not many.

I'm femme, and not looking for anything more than someone hot to get out of the house with, lol.

There doesn't seem to be much of a b-f community here in Vancouver, which is kind of a bummer, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.
ruby_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ruby_woo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2012, 08:38 PM   #3
genghisfawn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme/Gentlewoman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Happily married 05/17/14

Thanked 2,157 Times in 403 Posts
genghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Ruby,

There's more of a butch-butch culture in Saskatoon, I'm afraid, so even though it's easy to get a job and a place to live here, it's impossible to get a date!

Good to hear from you.
genghisfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to genghisfawn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 05:02 PM   #4
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

*waves* Albertan here. There is an okay crowd here. Lots of youngsters. I volunteer with the local lesbian organization, so I get to meet lots of us.

I am single and have no plans to find a partner right now.

I enjoy this forum, even if Canada appears to be somewhat under-represented!!

See you round the board.

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 05:14 PM   #5
chai~

How Do You Identify?:
Self possessed Aquarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't call me baby~
Relationship Status:
Deliciously single and loving it.

Thanked 3,383 Times in 864 Posts
chai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputation

Originally from Saskatchewan, the rival city of S-toon!

I'm in BC now too, and I can't really find a community either.

I suppose I should wander down to Commercial Drive and see what's happening.

I only see young people too, I think us "older and more worldly" folks hang out at home with our cats!

I just posted on a thread the other day how I miss a "mad thunderstorm", only to be found in the prairies!!!!

Welcome!
chai~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chai~ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2012, 11:55 AM   #6
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:

foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chai~ View Post

I only see young people too, I think us "older and more worldly" folks hang out at home with our cats!

I just posted on a thread the other day how I miss a "mad thunderstorm", only to be found in the prairies!!!!

Welcome!
That made me laugh...its either cats or dogs. I often ponder the phenomena of "dykes and their dogs" When I go to the lesbian dances here, the older ones are usually coupled, and the younger ones are looking for coupling... I am just looking to dance.

I lived in Vancouver for a good number of years, right in the West End. Loved it. But I did not want to raise my kids in Van. I had no support and my marriage was ending. But... that is not the point of my story... the point was the two things I missed the most were Thunderstorms and the sound of snow crunching under my feet.

I went to a witches camp just outside of Whistler this summer and was able to fill my heart with the love of the west coast forests. I may have moved back to Alberta, but my heart will never leave the WC Forests.

Muriel Strode
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2012, 12:15 AM   #7
Tye

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Tye,
Relationship Status:
single

Tye will become famous soon enough
Smile

Im in Alberta!! Its a great province,lived here now for awhile.Dont care much for the cold snaps we get in winter but other then that I like it.
Tye is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tye For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2012, 02:04 AM   #8
Stitch

How Do You Identify?:
Sweetest Soft Butch you don't know yet
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Hy,
Relationship Status:
Solo Artist

Stitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST Reputation

I am also a Vancouver boi.
I live on Commerical Dr. and everything.

~ Let me show you baby I'm a talented boi ~

Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stitch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2012, 06:27 AM   #9
chai~

How Do You Identify?:
Self possessed Aquarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't call me baby~
Relationship Status:

chai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshaman View Post
That made me laugh...its either cats or dogs. I often ponder the phenomena of "dykes and their dogs" When I go to the lesbian dances here, the older ones are usually coupled, and the younger ones are looking for coupling... I am just looking to dance.

I lived in Vancouver for a good number of years, right in the West End. Loved it. But I did not want to raise my kids in Van. I had no support and my marriage was ending. But... that is not the point of my story... the point was the two things I missed the most were Thunderstorms and the sound of snow crunching under my feet.

I went to a witches camp just outside of Whistler this summer and was able to fill my heart with the love of the west coast forests. I may have moved back to Alberta, but my heart will never leave the WC Forests.
I lived in Regina for about 100 years, my sister currently lives there, and my dad lives in Regina Beach. I went home for a visit a few years ago, and I was just dazzled with how little traffic there was and how slow everything moves!!! I guess I had been in Vancouver for a few years and really noticed the difference!
It was fall, the wheat fields were tall and golden, the sunsets were gorgeous and the weather was hot and dry.
Perfect for a thunderstorm!!!!

I DO NOT miss the winters though!!!! I have done my share of -40, plugged in vehicle, remote car starter, and freezing breath caught in my lungs!

What was the witches camp called? Sounds interesting!
I've found on one of the islands, there is a "silent retreat", and I would love to go someday. I know you can't take a book with you to read, but I think a journal is allowed to record thoughts and ideas, but it is a retreat with meditation, etc, but NO TALKING!!!! I love that!!!! Just to "be" and listen to one's self guilt free for 3 or 4 days! Pure bliss!

Oh how I miss the prairies!!! *never thought I would ever feel that way*
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chai~ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #10
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:

What was the witches camp called? Sounds interesting!
I've found on one of the islands, there is a "silent retreat", and I would love to go someday. I know you can't take a book with you to read, but I think a journal is allowed to record thoughts and ideas, but it is a retreat with meditation, etc, but NO TALKING!!!! I love that!!!! Just to "be" and listen to one's self guilt free for 3 or 4 days! Pure bliss!

Oh how I miss the prairies!!! *never thought I would ever feel that way*
It is simply called the BC Witches camp. I had heard such good things about it from friends of mine who had gone. I thought it was great. It is in line with the Reclaiming Tradition and is led by some long time wonderful witches. Very different from the way I practice and teach. I enjoy stretching my mind to embrace other beliefs, traditions and ways of doing things. It is in Alice Lake country. The forest is protected and quite well preserved. Lots of animals and birds. And the trees... sigh of beauty.

I have done silent retreats, they are very intense. You wouldn't think that, but we are such a 'dialed in' society we have a very hard time NOT occupying our minds with something, anything, outside of ourselves. Silence is one of the most difficult things for us to do. Internal silence...yikes!!!

This summer I am rough camping in the Queen Charolettes, solely for the silent retreat aspect.

Muriel Strode
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #11
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by A's-prince View Post
Im in Alberta!! Its a great province,lived here now for awhile.Dont care much for the cold snaps we get in winter but other then that I like it.
Hail and Hello to a fellow Albertan!!

Muriel Strode
The Following User Says Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2012, 02:54 PM   #12
chai~

How Do You Identify?:
Self possessed Aquarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't call me baby~
Relationship Status:

Quote:
It is simply called the BC Witches camp. I had heard such good things about it from friends of mine who had gone. I thought it was great. It is in line with the Reclaiming Tradition and is led by some long time wonderful witches. Very different from the way I practice and teach. I enjoy stretching my mind to embrace other beliefs, traditions and ways of doing things. It is in Alice Lake country. The forest is protected and quite well preserved. Lots of animals and birds. And the trees... sigh of beauty.

I have done silent retreats, they are very intense. You wouldn't think that, but we are such a 'dialed in' society we have a very hard time NOT occupying our minds with something, anything, outside of ourselves. Silence is one of the most difficult things for us to do. Internal silence...yikes!!!

This summer I am rough camping in the Queen Charolettes, solely for the silent retreat aspect.
Where did you do the silent retreats?
I have absolutely no problem going for days without talking, but without music, family members making demands, and just "life" being a distraction, I would welcome the inner journey.

I can only imagine the intensity, and would welcome it! I'm not as dialed in as most, I don't even have a cell phone!

I am reading a book on women's spirituality, and how it used to be a "woman's world". There is a lot written about witches also.

Roughing it in the Queen Charlottes sounds divine!!!!!
Old 02-08-2012, 12:44 AM   #13
Britt

How Do You Identify?:
Femme/Awesome
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single

Britt Has the BEST ReputationBritt Has the BEST ReputationBritt Has the BEST ReputationBritt Has the BEST ReputationBritt Has the BEST ReputationBritt Has the BEST ReputationBritt Has the BEST ReputationBritt Has the BEST ReputationBritt Has the BEST ReputationBritt Has the BEST ReputationBritt Has the BEST Reputation

O hai thar, Saskatoon here!
Britt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Britt For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2012, 12:56 AM   #14
Sparx1_1
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Bullied and silenced
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Timed-out - Deliberate abuse of site resources in public user notes and profile.

Sparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST Reputation

My wife and I live right near commercial drive. Not much on the way of butch femme anything here. The younger ones think buch is a dirty word and the older ones like me just stay home lol.
The witches retreat sounds amazing
Sparx1_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparx1_1 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2012, 12:58 AM   #15
Sparx1_1
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Bullied and silenced
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Timed-out - Deliberate abuse of site resources in public user notes and profile.

Sparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by genghisfawn View Post
Are you from BC? Alberta? Saskatchewan? (Please say you're from Saskatchewan!)

If you're from Manitoba, are you for real? (Kidding!)

I'm Fawn, I'm from Saskatoon, I'm femme and I'm still digging hard for the right (non-straight) butch.

*waves*
Winnipeg haa a small but active butch femme community
Sparx1_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sparx1_1 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2012, 09:52 AM   #16
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Where did you do the silent retreats?
I have absolutely no problem going for days without talking, but without music, family members making demands, and just "life" being a distraction, I would welcome the inner journey.

I can only imagine the intensity, and would welcome it! I'm not as dialed in as most, I don't even have a cell phone!

I am reading a book on women's spirituality, and how it used to be a "woman's world". There is a lot written about witches also.

Roughing it in the Queen Charlottes sounds divine!!!!!
Believe it or not a small Alberta town Villenueve. There is a very active Buddist community in Edmonton, as I am sure there are many everywhere, that hold it. I have done it twice. I have not done one in probably 10 years. But well worth going and doing.

What is the book you are reading? I read quite a bit, primarily non-fiction. The remains of former societies do point to matriarchal structures.

I am really looking forward to my camping trip this summer.

Muriel Strode
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2012, 10:38 PM   #17
StrongButch

How Do You Identify?:
I see the world thru a lens
Preferred Pronoun?:
Yes Boss
Relationship Status:
Chillin out with awesome women

Thanked 4,185 Times in 1,179 Posts
StrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Western Canada

I am in Seattle you ladies can come visit us Im rather fond of canadian women myself
StrongButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to StrongButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2012, 11:57 PM   #18
chai~

How Do You Identify?:
Self possessed Aquarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't call me baby~
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Believe it or not a small Alberta town Villenueve. There is a very active Buddist community in Edmonton, as I am sure there are many everywhere, that hold it. I have done it twice. I have not done one in probably 10 years. But well worth going and doing.

What is the book you are reading? I read quite a bit, primarily non-fiction. The remains of former societies do point to matriarchal structures.

I am really looking forward to my camping trip this summer.
The book I am reading is just one of those silly ones,_____ for dummies, so, It's Women Spirituality for dummies.

It has a log of info, and is an easy and quick read.

I am going to look into doing a retreat this year, I have never done one before!
Old 02-08-2012, 11:58 PM   #19
chai~

How Do You Identify?:
Self possessed Aquarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't call me baby~
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparx1_1 View Post
Winnipeg haa a small but active butch femme community

Hello to you, and yay for Canada and being "allowed" to marry!
Old 02-09-2012, 12:00 AM   #20
chai~

How Do You Identify?:
Self possessed Aquarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't call me baby~
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongButch View Post
I am in Seattle you ladies can come visit us Im rather fond of canadian women myself
"Fond of Canadian women?"!!!
We are just so damn polite!