Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2013, 07:59 AM   #15
Daktari

I sorta got lucky in that I ended up with a photographer who ended up doing a photography BA (she got a first) and then became a teacher and a professional photog. I learned a lot from her.

The most basic top tips that revolutionised my picture taking were:
  • Actually look at what's in the viewfinder; sounds like a no brainer but it's amazing how moving objects out of the frame makes a huge difference.

• Look up the rule of thirds and the golden mean.

• Remember we read from left to right.

• Play in manual mode, it's a good way to learn the relationship between aperture and shutter speed.

• It's not about the camera, it's the glass that's important. Invest in good lenses. Most affordable lenses are 'slow', pay more for a wider aperture, it's worth the cash. If you can't afford more than the camera for a lens then invest in a half decent tripod and use it.

• A good photographer takes good pictures no matter what camera they're using. A better camera just means you got more money than the person using their phone camera, not that you're a better photographer.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
photography