Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 01-08-2014, 12:16 PM   #1
Ravenouss

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
There might be many princesses in a kingdom, but only one Queen!

2 Highscores

Ravenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST Reputation
Default Pet owners: HELP!

Help!
I have a friend who has a very old pet. She had schedule a visit long time ago, but today she asked if she can bring her pet with her. She says she has wee wee pads for him and would keep him in her room. (I had to google wee wee).
When she arrives, remodeling on our house will just have been completed and we have (white) carpet pretty much everywhere and hardwood floors in two rooms -- my office which has a rug, could be locked (and the rug removed) to keep the dog there, but the other is an open LR.
I really want her to come and I’m afraid if I say no to bringing the dog, she might cancel her trip. On the other hand, I’m scared to ruin my floors or have pee smell for months! Do wee wee pads work??? If you were visiting someone and they didn't want you to come with your old/needy pet, would you cancel the trip?
Old 01-08-2014, 12:53 PM   #2
Jar

How Do You Identify?:
TG Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, da bomb...
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,342 Times in 534 Posts
Jar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenouss View Post
Help!
I have a friend who has a very old pet. She had schedule a visit long time ago, but today she asked if she can bring her pet with her. Do wee wee pads work??? If you were visiting someone and they didn't want you to come with your old/needy pet, would you cancel the trip?
I've used the pads while house breaking a puppy and they worked well. If he's trained to use them you should be fine but I would still be afraid to trust them on white carpet. A friend of mine used diapers for her dog who had issues and they work great.

If he is confined to one room you could put a plastic tarp under the pads to make sure he doesn't miss.

If I were her I would offer to board him. Good luck!

No matter what life brings you, always learn a lesson from your dog ... kick some grass over that shit and move on
Jar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jar For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2014, 01:07 PM   #3
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,160 Times in 3,633 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Depending on the quality of the wee wee pad, they might or might not leak. The other issue is... This is an older dog and older dogs don't always make their target. I have chihuahua who still uses his wee wee pads and goes outside and there are times, and he tries - he misses. I personally, would NEVER bring an elderly pet or a pet who was not completely housebroken and well behaved. I have friends who always bring their pups, but I live in an all hardwood floor house and a fenced in yard. Don't feel bad for asking her not to bring the pup. This is your home.

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2014, 01:35 PM   #4
femmsational

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitch, but she will do
Relationship Status:
Spoiled beyond rotten!

Thanked 3,788 Times in 773 Posts
femmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputation

I have two who use pee pee pads. They have the same problem of not quite hitting the center every time. So I started using those big human bladder pads that people put on their beds. They are larger so they present a larger target. They still hit the edge sometimes though. I'm not sure a pee pee pad would save a white carpet no matter how big it is.

My own opinion.....I have an old pet. The LAST thing I want to do is haul her around and make her uncomfortable. If I travel I either have someone stay at the house or she'd go to a vet. At least she'd be in familiar place with people she knew. Plus that's such a big thing to ask someone to deal with. I wouldn't want to impose on my hosts.

Good luck.

Yes, I'm aware I can't spell, and no, I don't care quite enough to spell check. Sorry!!!
femmsational is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to femmsational For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2014, 01:50 PM   #5
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I used pee pads with both of my dogs from the time I got them ( Bishon was 7-weeks old and rescue cock-poo was 6- months); until the day that they died.

They never once went anywhere in the house but on the pee pads (that's what I called them) or they went outside.

I think you need more information and what I would want to know:

* how long has the dog used them?
* any episodes of incontinence as the dog is older?
* how big is the dog? Mine were little and since I had two dogs, I used regular
size but put two down. They always hit the bulls eye (center).
* how often does she change them? When I was home, I would put fresh down
as soon as they were used. If I was out, as soon as I got home. They never
smelled as the pads have some kind of subtle dog deodorant. I never had
them leak as there is plastic on the bottom.

Bottom line: very well-trained to use pee pad dogs do fine but anything can
and will happen.

Only you know if you feel OK about the uncertainty.

Hope this helps.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2014, 03:19 PM   #6
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

The only was I would ever bring a pet with me on a visit is if it had issues with sepreation from me or if I had a place to put it so it wouldn't have accidents or would feel safe with the host having the pet at there home.My pets are good natured but do have issues with strange people or people who have a bad attitude.I have used pee pads as well as the large bed pads and have no problem with them as long as the pet uses them.Most all my friends have all kinds of pets including pot bellied pigs,large birds, primates(that give me the creeps).
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2014, 03:28 PM   #7
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

I'd buy 4 tarps room size. They are really cheap at places like Harbor Freight, Big Lots ... I've even seen them in Dollar Stores. I would tell my friend about how happy I am with my new furnishings and that I must insist the pooch not be allowed down on the floor anywhere except the tarp room. She will need to hand carry in and out of house. Layering the tarp 4 deep, plus potty pads will keep your goods safe. If you leave him/ her behind for an outing, he/she needs to be crated - no exceptions. A geriatric might get frightened in unfamiliar surroundings and try to scratch at the closed door ... couple of hours of frantic scratching, the tarp is disheveled, carpet gets peed on, maybe do do too. Also, you would end up with bald patches of carpet around that door. Have your friend put something of hers she has worn in the crate. Her scent will comfort the dog.
Good luck!
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2014, 04:32 PM   #8
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow Opinion

I have to be honest, as a friend I would never expect my friends who have just remodeled their home, to allow me to bring my dog who is elderly and who may piss on their new stuff.

People who are your *friends* are going to understand if you say: " no, I am not comfortable with that".

I'd tell her no, truth be told...
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

Last edited by The_Lady_Snow; 01-08-2014 at 04:35 PM.
The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2014, 06:12 PM   #9
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,381 Times in 1,245 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

I would not leave an old pet behind. So I would wait to visit when they had gone on to the Rainbow Bridge.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2014, 06:27 PM   #10
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I would not put my friend nor my dog through that kind of turmoil. I would either postpone the visit or have someone care for my dog.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2014, 06:56 PM   #11
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

I think you should feel perfectly fine about saying no and drawing a boundary. I know it can be hard to say no to friends, but if you are uncomfortable and worried about the new carpet in your home--it could really end up with everyone being unhappy if an accident happens.

If you are comfortable taking some of the precautions suggested, then great. Ask more questions to get a better sense of the situation. But if you are in any way not wanting to deal with this or take a chance just say NO. It's fine to ask, but hopefully a friend would understand why you wouldn't want to deal with this situation. I personally think no matter what you do there's a CHANCE of an accident happening.

I wouldn't do it.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2014, 08:02 PM   #12
Electrocell

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/hy

Thanked 2,769 Times in 983 Posts
Electrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST Reputation

Do you have a garage?
Old 01-08-2014, 08:03 PM   #13
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

You have every right to say no. If your friend is sensible she should understand. I wouldn't leave my old dog behind. I'd stay home. How about a crate and she can crate the dog and pick it up and take it out when it needs to go to the bathroom.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2014, 08:48 PM   #14
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

I had an older dog -- well more like a dog who was afraid to be left alone. He was kenneled and he would flip out. I had to cancel a lot of plans because of him. I just couldn't have him suffer and be in pain. I either had friends over, or just stayed home. Sometimes we just need to do those kinds of things with our elder pets.

Nothing is wrong with saying NO to your friend and sharing your thoughts on why. I think as much as she loves her elder pet, she should understand. I mean if she's mentioned piddle pads, then she does understand about the carpet.

Maybe instead of visiting at your place, she could stay in a hotel where dogs were welcomed. Or you both could just see each other for lunch at a pet friendly pet-io.

Things will work out the way they need--
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2014, 09:43 PM   #15
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiebug61 View Post
I would not leave an old pet behind. So I would wait to visit when they had gone on to the Rainbow Bridge.
I had a very hard time leaving Ivan the Terrier after he began failing. I can understand not wanting to travel without a geriatric dog. What if I wasn't there when his time came?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahk View Post
I had an older dog -- well more like a dog who was afraid to be left alone. He was kenneled and he would flip out. I had to cancel a lot of plans because of him. I just couldn't have him suffer and be in pain. I either had friends over, or just stayed home. Sometimes we just need to do those kinds of things with our elder pets.

Nothing is wrong with saying NO to your friend and sharing your thoughts on why. I think as much as she loves her elder pet, she should understand. I mean if she's mentioned piddle pads, then she does understand about the carpet.

Maybe instead of visiting at your place, she could stay in a hotel where dogs were welcomed. Or you both could just see each other for lunch at a pet friendly pet-io.

Things will work out the way they need--
Yes. La Quinta is the answer here
Old 01-08-2014, 10:35 PM   #16
Wintermoon

How Do You Identify?:
Neutral
Relationship Status:
Solid

Wintermoon Has the BEST ReputationWintermoon Has the BEST ReputationWintermoon Has the BEST ReputationWintermoon Has the BEST ReputationWintermoon Has the BEST ReputationWintermoon Has the BEST ReputationWintermoon Has the BEST ReputationWintermoon Has the BEST ReputationWintermoon Has the BEST ReputationWintermoon Has the BEST ReputationWintermoon Has the BEST Reputation

As a pet owner, whose babies go everywhere with their pet parents I would suggest that it is rather strange this woman never mentioned the dog when she first made plans to visit. My babies come along or I do not make plans to go . Simple. Our family pet-sits dogs on a regular basis and we have had dogs visit who only use pee pads. The cloth re-washable ones are perfect for away visits. We had no issues with carpet messes at all, ever. If you believe your friend would bring a dog who misses, has accidents and will cause damage then you aren't trusting her pet parenting. However since you obviously are not a pet person it sounds like you need to just tell her that you do not want her dog in your home. However... I think being more tactful than saying I don't want your dog to piss on my new carpet.. is definitely important.
Wintermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wintermoon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2014, 06:29 AM   #17
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

White carpet and pets, even the most well-mannered and trained, usually don't play well together. Hell, white carpet and I don't play well together.

I know you want to see your friend. You have to decide if you want to see her bad enough RIGHT NOW to have your stuff messed up. Pets are messy. Lovable and sweet (mostly), but messy.

If you do want to see her bad enough right now, versus delaying the trip for a while or until she can have someone stay with her dog while she visits, then make sure not to pull some passive aggressive stuff with her when an accident or some sort of messiness does occur. If you opt to let her come, then you have to be prepared for something to occur. If nothing happens and you have a good, clean visit....great! But I'd veer on the side of assuming that if she came, something, somewhere would get soiled and make the best preparations you could.

For the record, they now make pee pads that literally have a giant bullseye in the middle and they inject the pad with pheromones to help draw the pet directly to the middle to wee. That would help with direction but nothing will help if the poor guy is incontinent and becoming senile (which often leads to personality and behavioral changes in pets and humans alike).

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2014, 09:40 AM   #18
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,621 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

your other option is to offer to put her up in a hotel that allows pets and when she visits, ask her to keep her pet on a leash while in the house. I never went to visit somewhere with a pet, where the pet was not on a leash next to me. My family adores my newfs, as big as they are, because they are leashed...next to me, sitting or laying. Unlike the other dogs of the family who run rampant in the houses during family visits and piss all over the rugs...even tho they are supposedly housebroken. Dogs are territorial and they will pee to mark territory, even female ones.

Pee pads are ok but many dogs will not go right on the pads. My chi, bless his damn little heart, will go on them, near them, next to them, and on corners so it spills over.

Also, is this a lapdog, one that never goes out of a purse or off their lap? If so, pads might work..but...

White carpeting and new wood floors...wow.
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2014, 03:11 PM   #19
PearlsNLace

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
They/Them & her/she
Relationship Status:
Lucky, very lucky

Thanked 1,286 Times in 315 Posts
PearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST Reputation

Will you tell us what you decide to do, and how it worked out?

AND your not alone. thetrevorproject.org
PearlsNLace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PearlsNLace For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2014, 04:05 PM   #20
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,169 Times in 5,134 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Why don't you visit your friend this time, instead? If she doesn't have room, you could stay in a hotel.

FWIW, I would probably cancel my visit if I were your friend. I wouldn't want to board a geriatric dog at the vet - it would be too stressful, and might expose them to illnesses. I might be willing to go on the trip only if I had a petsitter that would come to my house and that the dog already knew. If I were concerned about the health of one of my pets, I would never be able to forgive myself if something happened to them while I was gone.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post: