Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Communication, Friendship, Getting To Know One Another

Old 04-09-2012, 02:05 PM   #61
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,247 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

Short answer: no. I think the idea is out of romantic novels and movies.

Longer answer (and you knew it was coming! ): I think there are any number of people that we could be happy with in a relationship. I think compatitibility and committment are much more important than that "instant connection". Attraction is instant, real love takes a boatload of work.

I also don't believe in finding one's "better half" or the someone to "complete" you, or fill up some emptiness inside. I believe instead you better well be complete and filled on your own before you even try to find someone. To search around for completion or someone to fill in the blanks is asking for an unhealthy relationship.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #62
agape

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
don't care

agape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputation

I do believe in soul-mates. I do believe in fate.
I also do believe that relationships need work, always.
But I wouldn't want to miss all the lovely people I might meet while "waiting" for a soul-mate.
Also, I'm not sure the soul-mate will always come... (you never know, they might get stuck in traffic, the world is a big place... etc)

"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear."
Martin Luther King, Jr.
agape is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to agape For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2013, 12:42 PM   #63
Daktari

I believe there are people who are in your life at the right times but definitely don't believe in one 'true' love or 'soulmate'...too much white picket fence thinking for me.

I'm lucky enough to have had 2 great loves in my life...in amongst the numbers who weren't 'great loves'.

I don't understand making one person your everything. Jeepers! what a pressure to put on someone! I would hate to someone's everything; as a human being I can't live up to that job because I'm dreadfully flawed.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2013, 12:58 AM   #64
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,824 Times in 499 Posts
Bad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST Reputation

Naw. I think that sort of thing is silly.
Bad_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #65
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,973 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I b'lieve people come into your life to teach you a lesson. pure and simple...
Old 06-22-2013, 01:16 PM   #66
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

I firmly believe everyone has a soul mate and if your single Or been single a while that doesn't mean there's no one out there for you just means that the time isn't there yet for you to meet her or her meet you. Just enjoy life, friends, and family and let happen when it happens.

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MysticOceansFL For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2017, 01:29 AM   #67
akiza

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
khaleessi lol ^-^ just go with aki,ana,kit or princess
Relationship Status:
single

akiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbutch26 View Post
I was wondering how many of you believe in soulmates. that there is that one special person for everyone out there. that there is someone everyone is MEANT to be with. i'm kind of on the fence. just wanted to get opinions from others please and ty
hi ^^ what a question yes 'cause i'm a great romantic under the surface and belive that someone's waiting for you even if the garanty of your encounter is incertain so i can be happy with a mate for life
akiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:23 AM   #68
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

i don't think a soul actually needs or obtains a mate, but i get people stay together for life. i am not one of them.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2017, 05:19 AM   #69
Chained Daisy

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 1,820 Times in 532 Posts
Chained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST Reputation

This may be a bit of a contradiction in terms but....I do believe in soul mates but I dont think all soul mates are `lifelong` soul mates. Some years ago I thought I had found mine and thinking back to how we were I do believe we were soulmates in that time but circumstances changed, so did we, individually and as a couple. When we parted we were in no way soulmates even though it was a gentle and for the most part dignified end to `US`. I still think of Hym as my soulmate of that time and am so grateful to have had Hys love and for the person I became because of Hym.
Chained Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chained Daisy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2017, 03:54 PM   #70
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

I sure hope there isn't a single perfect person (aka soul mate) for everyone. I can see that leading to some wondering if there's something better out there at the first bumps in a relationship. Relationships need work... some more than others ... but work nevertheless.
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2017, 11:26 PM   #71
Deborah*

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
single and not looking

Deborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST Reputation

Yes, I believe in soulmates. But finding that person... is another thing indeed. It's possible it may not happen.

Deborah
Deborah* is offline   Reply With Quote