Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 07-14-2014, 08:59 AM   #21
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation

For me personally, the biggest personal and most positive change I've ever made in my life is to finally get and understand that loving oneself [Not in a narcissistic way!] is the most important thing that anyone can do. It's one thing to say that you get it. It's another thing to really, really love yourself and treat yourself with love, kindness, acceptance and authenticity. It's freedom. It's power. It's magic.

It is my opinion, based solely on my own personal experience, that when you know, trust, appreciate and believe in yourself; own your value, you will not be drawn to anything or anyone negative or damaging to yourself or anyone else.
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2014, 10:37 AM   #22
PoeticWitch

How Do You Identify?:
Queer... that is all you get
Preferred Pronoun?:
um... she.. I think... *shrug* call me anything that pleases ya
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,131 Times in 377 Posts
PoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST Reputation

I have learned many things over the years, not that I am old or anything, but some years were worse then others. Lets see if I can remember it all for (generic) you.

Breathe

Let go

Smile it will release endorphins to help you feel happy

go for a walk or a run

Pet an animal that will not bite or scratch you

ascertain the problem and if it can be solved

If it can be solved, solve it

If it cannot be solved, accept it and move on

Get out of bed, staying there only feeds your depression

take a shower

Take a nap, sometimes sleeping on it can solve it

talk to a friend that doesnt give advice, it might help you come up with a solution

the past is gone, tomorrow is an iffy, so live for today

Meditate

If you cannot meditate chant, Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo to shut your brain up

When you lay down at night to sleep, your thoughts are plagued with doubts about your day, so fantasize about happy things. A beach, A mountain, being in the arms of your one true love. Be your own personal super hero/oine. Be your favorite character in your favorite book

Make something

Get dressed up just because you can

Ok I think I have rambled enough.. Tata have a good day
Old 07-14-2014, 11:17 AM   #23
CyberStud
Timed Out - Identity Issues

How Do You Identify?:
Stud_elicious
Relationship Status:
Married to the gym..it's true love <3

Thanked 1,232 Times in 334 Posts
CyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoeticWitch View Post
I have learned many things over the years, not that I am old or anything, but some years were worse then others. Lets see if I can remember it all for (generic) you.

Breathe

Let go

Smile it will release endorphins to help you feel happy

go for a walk or a run

Pet an animal that will not bite or scratch you

ascertain the problem and if it can be solved

If it can be solved, solve it

If it cannot be solved, accept it and move on

Get out of bed, staying there only feeds your depression

take a shower

Take a nap, sometimes sleeping on it can solve it

talk to a friend that doesnt give advice, it might help you come up with a solution

the past is gone, tomorrow is an iffy, so live for today

Meditate

If you cannot meditate chant, Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo to shut your brain up

When you lay down at night to sleep, your thoughts are plagued with doubts about your day, so fantasize about happy things. A beach, A mountain, being in the arms of your one true love. Be your own personal super hero/oine. Be your favorite character in your favorite book

Make something

Get dressed up just because you can

Ok I think I have rambled enough.. Tata have a good day
I'm in total agreement with the comment made so eloquently by PoeticWitch and others on this thread. The only thing I would add that I personally find extremely useful in resisting the destructive influence of negativity, is being selfless. Negativity at it's very essence is all consuming of oneself, so I find doing something that involves utter selflessness in the charitable arena does wonders for my spirit and recharges the positive force by that dynamic exchange of energy and focus.
CyberStud is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CyberStud For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2014, 08:05 AM   #24
PoeticWitch

How Do You Identify?:
Queer... that is all you get
Preferred Pronoun?:
um... she.. I think... *shrug* call me anything that pleases ya
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,131 Times in 377 Posts
PoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST Reputation

Forgive yourself for not know what you want. Sometimes you have to figure out what you don't want to know what you do want.

We don't come with a handbook... if we do someone has been lying to me and I want a copy!
Old 07-15-2014, 02:36 PM   #25
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,435 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoeticWitch View Post
Forgive yourself for not know what you want. Sometimes you have to figure out what you don't want to know what you do want.
this is brilliant and something i've struggled with, with realizing that if i could go back and make some pretty significant life decisions (namely college and graduate school) over again, i would. it's hard to forgive myself for making decisions in those areas i wish i hadn't made, but also if i hadn't made those decisions, i wouldn't have the amazing life i have now. i didn't know what i wanted then (or i thought i did but i was wrong). but i needed that to get to where i am.
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2016, 06:46 PM   #26
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

It's been a huge help to me to attend Al-anon meetings. When I go, I never attend the same group meeting. I go to a variety of new meetings because no day is the same, much like life -- in and of itself.

But, devoting an hour of each day to any meeting I choose to attend, helps me in practicing several skills. Like: letting go, keeping life simple, devoting care and attention to me, making life somewhat more pleasurable, in most all cases as it concerns me.

Sometimes it's not easy to let go. After all, constantly caring for my son's kind of over took my own ability to care about me.

So the biggest gift I give myself daily is doing things that ultimately show how much I care about myself.

That, and riding my bicycle daily. I'm in great shape, I don't feel so stressed out, and I get a lot of joy from taking life and living life in simpler terms of lifestyle choices.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2016, 04:07 AM   #27
femmeandstrong

How Do You Identify?:
just me...imperfect but warm-hearted me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I am alright and still smiling - keeping my eyes on what lasts and matters

Thanked 1,040 Times in 279 Posts
femmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputation

Staying in the moment...
something I have learned and continue to learn...

the moment is quite a rare place near a tranquil, winding river....
even a beaver might surprise me there on a rare occasion...
to feel the sunshine on my face...
to have THIS moment...
to live a grateful life...
NOW is all I am promised...and in my NOW I will be present...

So today...
I am given a precious HERE and NOW...
and to have another hand in mine who happens to live that way...
I am touched beyond words...
a smile is rising in my heart...

A grateful day is in front of me...
carpe diem.
femmeandstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to femmeandstrong For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2016, 08:42 AM   #28
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,915 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

So today I'm going to remember all the good I have in my life, and how I kinda live pretty positive on my days off. I'm going to stay positive today if it kills me! It's hard for me to be around so many negative, toxic people at work and not get down, but today I'm going to give it a go. I woke up with really good vibes about this.........
Old 09-10-2016, 09:22 AM   #29
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

As I am always looking at the positive side of any given situation, I do stay positive.

I heard something said....be part of the solution, not part of the problem. So I don't view anything as a "problem" rather a solution!

When one gives energy to anything negative, it will continue to have power to bring negative. So I choose to NOT give any power to anything negative & see it as a positive....confused yet...? lol
Old 09-10-2016, 11:03 AM   #30
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Practicing some positivity today by listening to one of my favorite playlists on Spotify, dancing around the house, and working down my "to do" list!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2017, 02:29 PM   #31
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

One of the things I have been doing over the past year when I'm feeling grumpy or having a "feeling sorry for myself" day is thinking back to where I was this time x amount of time ago.

Sometimes just looking at the present and saying, "But look how far you've come" or "think about how you felt this time last year" has been a super amazing lens for being grateful for the present.

And lately? there's a LOT to be grateful for. <3
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2017, 07:24 PM   #32
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

I have been on (yet another ) spiritual journey and one of the things that has REALLY worked for me...

When you start to feel worry or anxiety, to IMMEDIATELY go into a place of gratitude. This shit works!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2017, 09:08 AM   #33
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

I'm learning not to take things for granted! I'm learning to appreciate what I have! I'm trying hard to be positive and look on the bright side of things. And you know something, it's not that hard. I really don't have to try hard.....
Old 04-05-2017, 05:22 PM   #34
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,130 Times in 4,735 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

We tend to base our happiness on others. (relationships , family etc.) look in the mirror and fall in love with the person you see, feel, respect . Smile your worth every character line ~
Old 06-22-2017, 08:31 AM   #35
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

I woke up hearing the Bob Marley song "Every little thing is gonna be alright" playing in my head. I feel like a really big weight has been lifted off my chest and I can breathe! I'm positive and excited to begin my new journey now that I'm 48 and the new moon is starting. New moon, new beginnings. I've decided to go 100% vegetarian and eventually transition to vegan, I'm signed up for my yoga classes, Im going to start walking on the beach several times a week (already started, actually), and just slow down and live a more relaxed, slower paced life. Kinda like being on vacation at the beach? You move at a slower pace cuz you are living on island time, ya know? I can make this work in real life now that I will be working less.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:41 PM   #36
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
I have been on (yet another ) spiritual journey and one of the things that has REALLY worked for me...

When you start to feel worry or anxiety, to IMMEDIATELY go into a place of gratitude. This shit works!
Works for me, but assuredly different than most people's idea of how to do it. Go to my Partner, drop my eyes, and get curled up in Her arms. Works wonders.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2017, 04:25 PM   #37
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=cathexis;1150644]Works for me, but assuredly different than most people's idea of how to do it. Go to my Partner, drop my eyes, and get curled up in Her arms. Works wonders./QUOTE]

Hell, that would TOTALLY work for me too.

i am very grateful for those arms, too.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 10:16 AM   #38
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

The universe has my back.....
Old 12-07-2019, 04:04 PM   #39
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Smile ** Bump Bump **

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2024, 05:01 AM   #40
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,006 Times in 8,559 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I was thinking about a few people I know today who are very positive and really work hard to keep negative emotions checked and appreciate all of the wonderful things they have in life.

What are some things you do to keep the negative aspects of life in check?

What are some things you do to stay positive?

Share your thoughts!
Focusing on what I have instead of what I don’t have. It could be seen as a form of gratitude, but for me it’s more about how I direct (focus) my energy.

Talking to my ancestors. I have issues with God but I find comfort and peace when I “pray” or ask for guidance from members of my family who have passed on. I’ve done this for most of my adult life and it takes me from a bad place to a good one. Most conversations are with my mother, aunt, sister, grandmother. Occasionally, I’ll reach out to my father or uncles, but usually it’s the women I rely on.