Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing

Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing PLEASE do not use this forum for ugliness or nasty posts.

Old 11-11-2009, 03:01 AM   #1
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default What Gives You Peace?

If You've had a cruddy day, what do You do to 'shake it off'? Meditate? Listen to music? Read? Walk?

What do You do to center Yourself...to bring peace to Your soul?

~Diva

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2009, 06:21 AM   #2
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

Right now, sleep would give me peace.

I'll revisit this thread much later, when I'm more alert and give my view(s).

-Scorp-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
If You've had a cruddy day, what do You do to 'shake it off'? Meditate? Listen to music? Read? Walk?

What do You do to center Yourself...to bring peace to Your soul?

~Diva

Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:13 AM   #3
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

Take a nice, long bath.

Listen to music and read upstairs while the guys watch TV downstairs (I'm not big on TV).

Masturbate.

Words
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Words For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2009, 10:13 AM   #4
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

Nature
My Faith
Sometimes just being in the presents of friends - not talking but being together
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:28 AM   #5
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

- a good cigar
- a quiet moment just listening to the world whiz by
- going for a long (8 hours+) bike ride and getting lost in the country with not a soul around
- playing WoW
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:14 PM   #6
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

~ Music........always the music.........<smile>

~Talking to my daughter

~Talking to The Berry

~Standing on my terrace, listening to the crunching of leaves in the woods, knowing that the deer are there.....

~Having a houseful of people, all talking and laughing....I could stand off to the side and listen to them for forever.....all that noise? Yes....it gives me peace! Go figure!

~A cup of coffee and quiet conversation in The Quiet Room

~Diva

Old 11-11-2009, 01:20 PM   #7
Bootboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Bear
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mister Bear.. lol actually whatever not a big deal to me.
Relationship Status:
Solo sauntering along

Bootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST Reputation

What brings me peace every single day is this little fellow. I adore him more than words could ever express. He takes good care of his Daddy

He is a long hair chihuahua and his name is Murray Oliver

Bootboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bootboi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2009, 01:23 PM   #8
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

My pug Vinnie. He is the calmest, sweetest boy. Not so much the boxer puppy, until she is sweetly sleeping next to me.

Building something or fixing something.

Certain songs.

Sitting by a river, near a campfire, or laying in my camper at night.

A hug from my mom.

Looking at pictures of good times spent with friends...I can just feel the love when I relive those moments in my mind.
Just_G is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Just_G For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2009, 07:53 PM   #9
TeaPartyTart

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I think "cupcake" has a nice ring to it
Relationship Status:
shackin' up

TeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST Reputation

A good workout is a great way for me to shake off the blahs. Spin class lets me zone out.

But the best thing is the world is being with my dogs.

My favorite is when I'm not feeling so great and I'm laying in the bed watching tv, Cooper will crawl up and lay on my belly with his little face resting on my chest. He just lays there and looks at me and falls asleep.

Magoo is a big snuggler and he actually likes to spoon!

I love how sweet and intuitive my little pooches are.
TeaPartyTart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TeaPartyTart For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2009, 08:04 PM   #10
Mtn

How Do You Identify?:
Stone butch, daddy type
Relationship Status:
sylvie calls me her studmuffin

Thanked 3,834 Times in 617 Posts
Mtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST Reputation

Spending the days and nights with my sweet girl, the dogs playing in the livingroom, the snow falling quietly outside...I am Buddha blessed...
Old 11-11-2009, 08:20 PM   #11
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,338 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Thumbs up My girl

My arms around her. The feel of her next to me knowing she is safe, and the feel of her skin as her clothes....wait that's another Feeling thread.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2009, 08:23 PM   #12
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

My daughters. The sound of my love's voice and knowing that I am a priority in her life. Shanti's gift of yoga and breath. A glass of red wine and a lavender bath.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2009, 08:34 PM   #13
Pixie

How Do You Identify?:
Equal Opportunity Friend
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girl
Relationship Status:
in service

Thanked 4,104 Times in 1,332 Posts
Pixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST Reputation

Drown my stress with music....

Get to water...which lately is just a hot epsom salt bath...but usually a lake or river is nice to let your stress, worries, and problems drift from you even for just that moment

Do something with my hands....bowl, toss my rifle or sabre, paint...

Or go for a drive...

-Pixie-

Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pixie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2009, 10:06 PM   #14
Mindy

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
Single

Mindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST Reputation

Graphics... Creating something pretty, at times I can lose myself in it for hours. I created the one in my signature line, but it's not one of my best, just one that would fit well.. lol

*edit for clarification* I do not draw the women, I just put them all together add some special effects, etc... In the one in my sig line, the woman on the left side was drawn just for me by the artist Ismael Rac. It's for sale in the site where he sells his graphics for public use, but I got to commission her for being member of the month at his forum. The full one is so cool, she's in leather corset, panties, garter, and has stockings, and she's holding a riding crop. He made a separate version that is only mine, that no one else can even buy where she has red streaks in her hair, and has leather studded collar and bracelets.

Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:03 AM   #15
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

The thought of a small white cottage with lacy curtains blowing in the wind....all white inside and out, with sky blue ceilings and a porch swing......a place to write.....and it sits on a cliff, overlooking the Pacific Ocean.....

I don't know if such a place exists....but the thought of it gives me peace just the same.

The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2009, 10:18 AM   #16
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Walking on the beach
Watching the waves
Smoking a really good cigar
A nice gentle breeze
Drinking a really good cup of coffee or a mixed drink
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2009, 01:00 PM   #17
T D

How Do You Identify?:
Person of the trans variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

Thanked 1,123 Times in 310 Posts
T D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST Reputation

I was having a bad day yesterday. I recently had a procedure that has had me trapped in the house for the past week.... I felt like I was going to bust outta my skin yesterday. Sooooo, I had someone come pick me up and take me to their place for a while. Sometimes just doing something entirely different helps me a LOT. Other times, complete silence is my soothing medicine. I can sit in silence all by myself for a good long time and come out of it greatly calmed down and with a new attitude. Then of course there's always critter love. Who can stay in a funk with fur babies lovin on them? I know I can't

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
T D is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to T D For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2009, 01:46 PM   #18
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

The sight, sound, and smell of the ocean
My son's laughter
Hearing a voice that I miss
The smell of autumn
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2009, 02:10 PM   #19
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

A good long bath with almond oil
Good music
Drumming
Singing
Coloring
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2009, 02:45 PM   #20
Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Thanked 2,315 Times in 428 Posts
Boots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

After reading all of the replies, I can identify with most of them !

I love classical music, and that in an otherwise quiet house, is cathartic for me. Dont know why, but it is.

I love a trail run, especially if its misty or sprinkling outside. I find my stride and let the zen of an easy rhythm just take over.

I love watching a sunset on Puget Sound. The Ferry's traveling across the bay and the seagulls finding their places for the night is calming.

But the MOST wonderful way to peace and groundedness is the end of a day with my girlfriend. There is such calm and a feeling of protectiveness hearing her soft breath in the middle of the night. And that puts my heart at peace.
Boots13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boots13 For This Useful Post: