Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 03-08-2013, 06:08 AM   #921
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by meridiantoo View Post
I just saw this thread bumped up and am working on quitting (not very successfully so far).

My question is, did any of you use vaping to quit?

I should preface my post by telling y'all I do have a strong opinion about the vape/pretend cig things.

From my observations of many who are currently using the vape (pretend cig) I can only conclude that they tend not to give up because they're not actually quitting the visual and mental cues that make them smokers. The fact that vaping is legal indoors maintains their reliance on the ingestion and use of the emotional crutch they say they're hoping to break.

We're having a prolonged debate in the fellowship at the moment about these vape things. Those who believe they have a right to do what they want when they want with no regard for others think they should be able to smoke their vapes in meetings until folks point out to them, "aren't you meant to be giving up smoking, why can't you wait like the cig smokers have to?" Which leads them to vape outside, with the smokers, as usual. No change of habit or behaviour which seems to defeat the object really. Staying indoors away from the smokers to vape, still maintains the habits and the reliance on putting something in your lungs to make you feel better.

The only way to give up smoking is to break the habits, behaviours and emotional attachment to something that is bad for us. I don't see how the vape cigs actually do that. In my opinion they maintain the smoking status quo.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2013, 06:29 AM   #922
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
The only way to give up smoking is to break the habits, behaviours and emotional attachment to something that is bad for us. I don't see how the vape cigs actually do that. In my opinion they maintain the smoking status quo.

Said perfectly.

I would be curious to hear from ex-smokers who used this method to quit. I am betting that there is not as high quit rate as there is for other methods.

I do believe that Strappy is/was using this method. Would like an update.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2013, 06:32 AM   #923
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Pamela View Post
Sorry for my lack in showing up..life has been a little fast paced lately..smiles

Congrats to all who have kept smoke free.
And congrats to all those just starting.

As I have said before, I suggest you read the entire thread.
People here have been very helpful in ideas.

As of the 4th of this month I am smoke free 13 months...and still going!

Keep it up peeps...grin
It is worth it.
Hey, Lady Pamela!

So what happened with the testing? All clear?

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2013, 12:18 PM   #924
Loren_Q

How Do You Identify?:
Loren. If you want to know about me, just ask.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her, but I'm not that picky.
Relationship Status:
it's complicated...

Loren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I do use e-cigs and also have strong options on the use of them. For one, I do see them as a substitute for smoking and keep the same behaviors as I did when I smoked. I do not vape when I'm in a restaurant, meeting, in my cube at work. I do not vape in other peoples homes. My feelings are even though the vapor is "generally recognized as safe", I do not wish to impose on others.

My reasons for wanting to quit smoking is not so much the addiction, but the health concerns. Inhaling burning material, inhaling tar, etc. is known to be horrific for my body. My mother passed away from COPD, I keenly understand smoking to be deadly.

FTR, I'm 30 years clean, 19 years sober. Unlike my drinking and drugging, I didn't lie, cheat or steal to smoke, I didn't ignore responsibilities nor did my personality or values alter when I smoked. I didn't smoke to run away from my feelings, I did use it to take a mental time out so I could go back and work on those feelings.

I smoked off/on for over 30 years. I've gone cold turkey, used the patch, gum, Zyban, Chantix. I've had smoke-free periods ranging from 1month to 8years. In all of these attempts, the craving didn't leave me, I always felt that I was just holding on... barely. One thing that always happened was I was unkind to myself. I was unkind if I smoked and it often felt unkind to not smoke.

In some cases, the least upset could get a cancer-stick in my mouth in no time flat.

With e-cigs, I'm not ingesting toxic material known to cause cancer. Am I getting nicotine? Yes, when I'm using liquid that has nicotine, although much of what I vape has 0nicotine. Does nicotine make me lie, cheat or steal? No. Is nicotine itself bad for me? From all that I've read, not in the quantity I ingest.

Is all of this rationalization? Perhaps, but one thing I know for certain, I have not smoked during a very trying period of time. I know if I didn't have my trusty e-cig, I'd be back smoking.

This is my experience, your mileage may vary.

Loren

"Everything in the world is about sex, except sex. Sex is about power."
Oscar Wilde
Loren_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Loren_Q For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #925
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Thanked 2,299 Times in 890 Posts
meridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I should preface my post by telling y'all I do have a strong opinion about the vape/pretend cig things.

From my observations of many who are currently using the vape (pretend cig) I can only conclude that they tend not to give up because they're not actually quitting the visual and mental cues that make them smokers. The fact that vaping is legal indoors maintains their reliance on the ingestion and use of the emotional crutch they say they're hoping to break.

We're having a prolonged debate in the fellowship at the moment about these vape things. Those who believe they have a right to do what they want when they want with no regard for others think they should be able to smoke their vapes in meetings until folks point out to them, "aren't you meant to be giving up smoking, why can't you wait like the cig smokers have to?" Which leads them to vape outside, with the smokers, as usual. No change of habit or behaviour which seems to defeat the object really. Staying indoors away from the smokers to vape, still maintains the habits and the reliance on putting something in your lungs to make you feel better.

Daktari,

I completely agree that it requires a lifestyle change to successfully quit all nicotine. I quit for 2 years in my 20's cold turkey. I am eager to quit now and not return to this awful habit. I plan to make adjustments in all things connected to my nicotine habit in order to officially quit.

I understand that simply substituting the e-cig for a real cig is not great, but it's also, at least from what I read, much better than smoking something burning/on fire and known to cause cancer among other diseases. All moral debates aside, if you need the crutch to wean off nicotine, at least in my eyes, that is okay, as long as you work toward the goal of being nicotine free. If you do not and maintain a habit of vaping nicotine liquid, then it's still better than smoking a lit cigarette.

Meri
Old 03-08-2013, 01:57 PM   #926
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
A Lady..Femme..Free Spirit with a touch of survivalist woman in me.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Spiritual Warrior..She Ra..Baby Doll, or anything close..ha!
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Thanked 5,939 Times in 1,609 Posts
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Hey, Lady Pamela!

So what happened with the testing? All clear?
Not yet..more tests and scans...so no news yet......Thanks for asking though.....Just waiting and trying to be patient...smiles

My next ct is in three months so I will update when it happens.

When negative thoughts come to mind,
Let them die stillborn.
Speak and do posotive in any situation,
And watch your dreams grow and flurish.
If you can't say anything posotive, Zip it up.
Do not give birth to that which you do not want to see grow.
See it, Believe it, Own it, Have it!
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Lady Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2013, 02:25 PM   #927
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

meridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren_Q View Post
I do use e-cigs and also have strong options on the use of them. For one, I do see them as a substitute for smoking and keep the same behaviors as I did when I smoked. I do not vape when I'm in a restaurant, meeting, in my cube at work. I do not vape in other peoples homes. My feelings are even though the vapor is "generally recognized as safe", I do not wish to impose on others.

Loren
I read the last 2 posts, this one being one of them, and this is my thought. As a smoker, I have noticed there are different types of smokers. Some are rude and do not care where they light up nor who is affected, and that has always bothered me. Then there are others who are respectful and understand the consequences of smoking and do not impose that risk on others. I imagine this is just an extension of behaviors developed over life and tied to your particular sense of respect/ethics/consideration/social responsibility. That does not mean I have never smoked somewhere it was best not to. I am human. But, I have always tried to keep it respectful, to the degree that you can considering what you are doing.

As a vaper, I will follow the same principles I follow with smoking cigarettes:

1) I will not smoke in anyone's home and I will not vape in anyone's home.

2) I will not vape in situations that are obviously inappropriate (children's birthday parties, hospital, inside a restaurant or store (even if it is allowed), etc.

3) For me, a sense of shame has always been attached to smoking. I will likely carry this same feeling into vaping. I don't fight that shame because I think there is a plausible reason my conscious is telling me to feel shame (just my opinion and I don't throw this on anyone else). As such, I will likely not vape in public often, if at all.

4) If I were in a vaping-accepting environment, then I likely would go ahead and do it. This would be rare occasions, I would think.

5) Do unto others as you would have done unto you - that is what I try to live by, though I'm not always successful. This just gives me a common sense template in making decisions that affect others. I will adhere to this in vaping until I am 100% nicotine free, at which point I will put vaping aside.

If I were in a public place and someone vaped, I'm not sure if I would think it was wrong or not. I can understand needing to do it. I think it would disturb me if someone vaped in a totally inappropriate environment, but I don't think most people would do that.

I'm so encouraged to see this thread here. It gives me a sense of support while making this transition using the e-cig.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:26 PM   #928
Daktari

I will come back to this but suffice to say, I gave a lung over to smoking so I do indeed have quite strong opinions about what I chose to do to myself.

I tell my story because I feel that pretty much the worst case scenario did happen to me entirely because I smoked. I wouldn't wish it on anyone and would love to think that others could, maybe, learn a lesson from someone else's experience.

That's all I gots for now, it's after midnight here and I'm a-visiting, on a busy weekend.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2013, 07:25 PM   #929
not2shygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
as a Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
under the cover of starry starry nights...enjoying a warm fire in the pit !

Thanked 2,454 Times in 546 Posts
not2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Daktari,

I completely agree that it requires a lifestyle change to successfully quit all nicotine. I quit for 2 years in my 20's cold turkey. I am eager to quit now and not return to this awful habit. I plan to make adjustments in all things connected to my nicotine habit in order to officially quit.

I understand that simply substituting the e-cig for a real cig is not great, but it's also, at least from what I read, much better than smoking something burning/on fire and known to cause cancer among other diseases. All moral debates aside, if you need the crutch to wean off nicotine, at least in my eyes, that is okay, as long as you work toward the goal of being nicotine free. If you do not and maintain a habit of vaping nicotine liquid, then it's still better than smoking a lit cigarette.

Meri

I agree that how one quits is not the focus, it is the desire...the will and finding a way. We are all different....and our needs are equally as different in our approaches to 'whatever'. I applaud and support anyone who wants to quit, tries to quit and even if unsuccessful is not judged by me because they did not quit like i did. I would encourage and continue to support the desire. What is the right way for you may not make it right for me. I am/ nor you are any weaker....no less strong....and in fact we are very human in making bad judgements at times. But I get back on that horse.....and try try again.....and I love myself for this.... being human....I would have it no other way! It has been 3 1/2 years, who cares how I did it.....or how many times it took.....I choose to see the successes!
not2shygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to not2shygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #930
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixie View Post
I'm in... I've been cutting back, in preparations of quitting. I've went from almost 3 packs a day to about half a pack. I've been stuck there for a couple weeks. I've been using an app on my phone that tracks how many, how often, and how much $. Just seeing those running totals makes me pay a lot more attention. I try to view the how often, and beat my time...lol. I'm a visual person, so "seeing" results is more helpful to me. Hopefully soon I can progress on to patches or something if need be. It's just kinda stressful this time of year for me, so it will probably be after the holidays before I take the next step.
What app? I would like to try this...

Thank you!

blech, over this habit.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:17 PM   #931
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post

Congratulations on each day. Been around along a time at meetings where One Day at a Time is a big celebration.
So again, CONGRATULATIONS.
Living in California I have the pleasure of being able to be at work, at a restaurant, and any public place and not be exposed to the second hand smoke. I'm not a ciggie basher, it is just so unpleasant to me, and I think it is due to being around a 2 pack a day partner and also my Mom, and then when not around it, I can breathe, taste, and smell things better.

I have been with people who quit drinking and doing drugs, but could not give up smoking. My Mom, for one. She went into an in-patient rehab program and quit those, but did not, could not give it up until it was too late.
She was diagnosed with oat cell, or smoker's cancer, and on that very day, told me it would still be hard to quit. She did quit during chemo and radiation, and by her own fighting will and the grace of God, lived almost 5 more years.

Mentioning Electronic Cig's , I know the FDA came down hard on them because of things Investigators found at their sites.
Electronic Cigarettes
Summary of Results: Laboratory Analysis of Electronic Cigarettes Conducted By FDA seen here
FDA announced that it had taken enforcement action against five electronic cigarette companies (seen here) for violations of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FDCA), including unsubstantiated claims and poor manufacturing practices.
Bumping up this post; it bears repeating for several reasons. Don't ignore the laboratory results and FDA enforcement actions...
Old 03-09-2013, 08:25 PM   #932
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Okay, done! Thank you for telling me to read the entire thread, Lady. Wow, you guys are a heap of support for me. I will just keep reading the thread every day.

Congratulations to everyone who has successfully quit or unsuccessfully quit and still see themselves as "in the process of quitting", wherever you may be on that spectrum.

Quote:
The *gulp* ENTIRE thread? Oh boy...*Makes a pot of coffee and settles in for the night....

Thank you for your good wishes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Pamela View Post
Sorry for my lack in showing up..life has been a little fast paced lately..smiles

Congrats to all who have kept smoke free.
And congrats to all those just starting.

As I have said before, I suggest you read the entire thread.
People here have been very helpful in ideas.

As of the 4th of this month I am smoke free 13 months...and still going!

Keep it up peeps...grin
It is worth it.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:57 PM   #933
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Food for thought:

Old 03-09-2013, 11:51 PM   #934
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

5 years non smoker.
I do not vape for the simple reason it would rekindle the addiction. On high stress days I hang onto the fact that me smoking would 1, kill me and 2, kill my wife. I'm in no hurry to do either.
Stay strong people it does get better.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2013, 12:07 PM   #935
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren_Q View Post
I do use e-cigs and also have strong options on the use of them. For one, I do see them as a substitute for smoking and keep the same behaviors as I did when I smoked.

*snip*
Loren

Keeping the same behaviours is what kept me smoking each time I tried to quit.

As you know, if you don't take the first puff of anything then you won't take the second.

I wish you all success in eventually quitting putting stuff in your lungs.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #936
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

I am finding that keeping a log of my smoking habits is helpful, though tedious and boring.

Old 03-10-2013, 11:47 PM   #937
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Today I only smoked 10 cigarettes! Woot woot. I think the vaping thing may be my final and long-awaited answer.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:12 AM   #938
Elijah

How Do You Identify?:
Genderqueer Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
Open to healthy possibilities...

Thanked 1,628 Times in 393 Posts
Elijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST Reputation

Hey everyone,

I am 38 days smoke free!! If I can do it, so can you, I promise!

~Elijah

~Washington Irving
Elijah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijah For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2013, 11:18 AM   #939
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
A Lady..Femme..Free Spirit with a touch of survivalist woman in me.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Spiritual Warrior..She Ra..Baby Doll, or anything close..ha!
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Thanked 5,939 Times in 1,609 Posts
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahRene View Post
Hey everyone,

I am 38 days smoke free!! If I can do it, so can you, I promise!

~Elijah
Absolutely awesome..yes you can do it!
Keep up the great work!

Stopping in today to say hello to everyone and say I am still smoke free..smoke free also.

Keep it up...It is worth it.

When negative thoughts come to mind,
Let them die stillborn.
Speak and do posotive in any situation,
And watch your dreams grow and flurish.
If you can't say anything posotive, Zip it up.
Do not give birth to that which you do not want to see grow.
See it, Believe it, Own it, Have it!
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Lady Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2013, 11:54 AM   #940
Sparkles
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
FunkyFemme!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Asshole!
Relationship Status:
Moving from person to person as fast as possible!

Sparkles Has the BEST ReputationSparkles Has the BEST ReputationSparkles Has the BEST ReputationSparkles Has the BEST ReputationSparkles Has the BEST ReputationSparkles Has the BEST ReputationSparkles Has the BEST ReputationSparkles Has the BEST ReputationSparkles Has the BEST ReputationSparkles Has the BEST ReputationSparkles Has the BEST Reputation

Hello everyone. I have a little over seven months free of smoking. I smoked my last cig on a muggy evening last summer. Woke up the next day and just decided I was done. The first few weeks I really wanted to crawl out of my skin. I was beyond irritated with any and every little thing. That eventually passed.

Yesterday I was driving and saw a woman walking on the sidewalk smoking. I watched as the smoke flowed from her mouth and thought about how awful that taste is. I was one of those funny smokers. I couldn't stand how my hands smelled after smoking. My breath tasted icky and and I hated to empty my ashtray because I didn't like touching it because of the smell.

I have no desire to smoke again but I wont say that I wont ever do it again. Sometimes I do miss it. For now though, I'm a non smoker. And it feels pretty good.

I wish you all luck and continued support with your battle, however you choose to approach it/conquer it. It really does get easier with time.

Sparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sparkles For This Useful Post: