Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 03-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #21
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
Cayenne pepper allows smooth blood flow by preventing platelets from clumping together and accumulating in the blood.

Add a dash to a salad or in salt-free soups.
If you mix 2 TBS of cayenne powder with 2 cups of water, it makes a great, natural pest and animal deterrent in your yard/garden. You will have to reapply every few weeks and after rain, but so much better than those harmful chemicals.

~Wade Davis
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2011, 02:20 PM   #22
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,574 Times in 889 Posts
Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation

Last year, after reading about coconut oil, I decided to start cooking with it instead of other oils

Using coconut oil increases your metabolism. The fats in coconut oil, unlike all other fats, do not circulate through the blood looking for places to be stored. They go directly to the liver and are turned into instant energy. One food that can rev up your metabolism even more than protein is coconut oil.
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2011, 07:18 PM   #23
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomnNC View Post
I read on a healthy eating website that eating 1 banana a day will reduce your risk of colon cancer by 40%. It's also excellent for prevention of muscle cramps in your legs and keeping you from getting dehydrated. Who knew!
It's the potassium in the banana that helps with the leg cramps. I've also heard stories of drinking dill pickle juice to help reduce leg cramps.

Quote:
Also taking 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar a day has quite a few health benefits. It helps with stiff joints, muscle cramps, if your diabetic taking a tablespoon 30 minutes before you eat will keep your sugar from spiking after you eat.
If you put some cider vinegar in potatoes, it will lower the glycemic index for them, which is good for those who keep an eye on their carb intake as well as stabilizing blood sugars better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillettoDoll View Post
For relief of coughing and wheezing associated with bronchitis , or other respiratory ailments,
mix 1 tsp thyme in a little honey take orally as needed to soothe airways .
this really really works!!!
Something else to add honey is great for dressing minor wounds.
honey contains a germ killing substance called inhidine.
For those will pollen allergies, find a store that sells LOCAL honey and take a spoonful every day. It will help to minimize your symptoms.

Also, if you are bloated, drink water with lemon juice in it to taste. The lemon draws out the water trapped in your cells and allows it to vacate your body.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2011, 04:01 AM   #24
storyofmylife

How Do You Identify?:
silly femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly,Madly,Deeply Engaged ♥♡

storyofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
As I approached the age of fifty I've become interested in the things I eat and what I could benefit healthwise from eating certain food.

Thought it would make a great thread, and we could all learn together and share our facts here.
Yes..... this a great thread!
I always like to know what I am eating and
the benefits it gives.
storyofmylife is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to storyofmylife For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2011, 04:09 AM   #25
storyofmylife

How Do You Identify?:
silly femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

storyofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Also taking 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar a day has quite a few health benefits. It helps with stiff joints, muscle cramps, if your diabetic taking a tablespoon 30 minutes before you eat will keep your sugar from spiking after you eat.
Yes I take this daily for it also boost your metabolism.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:16 AM   #26
storyofmylife

How Do You Identify?:
silly femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

Talking

Quote:
So, how's that stuff taste? it has to taste pretty bad if it's good for you
It taste GOOD if you like vinegar.... I love it! lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to storyofmylife For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2011, 04:22 AM   #27
storyofmylife

How Do You Identify?:
silly femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara View Post
If you mix 2 TBS of cayenne powder with 2 cups of water, it makes a great, natural pest and animal deterrent in your yard/garden. You will have to reapply every few weeks and after rain, but so much better than those harmful chemicals.
It works! I use it in my organic garden
Old 03-28-2011, 11:36 AM   #28
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyofmylife View Post
It taste GOOD if you like vinegar.... I love it! lol
I love vinegar, just never had it alone, usually on a salad, I guess that would work also.

Didn't think about putting it ON my salad until now lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2011, 04:16 PM   #29
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

When buying apple cider vinegar they say to get the one that still has the "mother".

It still has the good stuff .
The Following User Says Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2011, 07:58 AM   #30
storyofmylife

How Do You Identify?:
silly femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

Talking health benefits

Cocoa- naturally occurring chemicals called flavonoids which contains antioxidants which
are great for fighting infection, inflammation and a mood - altering substance that makes you feel good!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to storyofmylife For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2020, 01:40 PM   #31
PlatinumPearl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her

Thanked 2,352 Times in 862 Posts
PlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST Reputation
Post Nature's Medicine Tangerines

Tangerines may be smaller than oranges, but they are several times higher in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants such as vitamins C & A, calcium, magnesium & selenium, and beta-carotene & luteins.

Tangerines contain anti-viral and anti-cancer properties and are particularly beneficial for colds, fever, flu, arthritis, epstein barr, shingles, constipation, age related macular degeneration, bone repair, neurodegenerative diseases, heart disease, and breast, colon, lung, stomach, ovarian, and prostate cancer.
PlatinumPearl is offline   Reply With Quote