Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Communication, Friendship, Getting To Know One Another

Old 12-04-2011, 10:04 AM   #41
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation

I'm sorry to hear that, RR, and yeah, I hear you about relocating. Not really sure whether or not I'll be traveling to see folks this year. I hope you're able to find a way to see your daughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffryder View Post
May be away from my family for xmas too. I don't know yet. I guess that's the price I pay for moving away and trying to find my happiness and life. My daughter wants me to come see her but have to see if time and finances allows and when. I know I want to see her again soon and I will as soon as I can. If it's not for xmas we will have our own little xmas when it happens.
Old 12-23-2016, 01:08 PM   #42
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

BUMPING this thread for those of us who are without family, or nearby loved ones for the holidays. It always seems a little harder for me not having family when the holidays approach. I always muster through, but it's nice to have someone to hang out with for a bit when everyone else is spending time with family.

So, if you find yourself alone during the holidays, or just have some free time, drop by, say hello, sit for a spell. I will be around, as I'm sure others will be likewise.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2016, 01:34 PM   #43
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Alone

I am not completely alone but I do feel lonely. I will see my mom on Christmas Day but that is it. I saw the kids last weekend and dropped off gifts.

I did not decorate my home for the holidays because it seemed like too much work for just me and the baby kitty.

It all just seems a little sad to me.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2016, 02:03 PM   #44
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,768 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation

I wish I were alone for the holiday so that I could do exactly what I want which is nothing except have some sort of marvelous movie marathon and cook something lovely for myself and perhaps read or paint.

Instead I have to juggle people and responsibilities and appear "Holiday Appropriate" instead of the very anti "Christmas Spirit" way I actually feel.

Putting on a fake veneer of cheer is so much work but it is still better than acting how I feel and having to defend it.

Only 3 more days

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2016, 04:10 PM   #45
Genesis
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme on a varied spectrum/babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Loved ლ ⚢

Thanked 14,633 Times in 6,270 Posts
Genesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow Complexities

This year I feel like the holidays just came out of nowhere...
it does not feel like Christmas to me...
This time of the year is a bit of a conundrum for me. Having lost my partner over a year and a half ago and having a family that loves me in their own way.

I am grateful for my close friends who love me like family.
Yet, part of me feels alone.... I will be surrounded with loving people
who truly love and care for me....

Sending love and warm holiday wishes to each of you...
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Genesis For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2016, 07:49 PM   #46
WickedFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Very Happily Married to Bobbi46

WickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Yeah, I'm alone. Bobbi is in Canada - we couldn't afford to travel this year because we just laid out money for immigration lawyer and fees to the feds.
My family of origin is on the East Coast and I just started a new job not even a year ago.
I made some life changes that have required me to change where I go and who I hang with and that is all good.
So, I splurged and bought prime rib. I cooked have of it tonight and am home alone with my little dog, my bestest friend, watching Sons of Anarchy. I made some cookies for a co-workers husband who dropped off some free wood at my place up north. I started getting back into my artwork and that helps too.
Well, that's about it. I don't feel self-pity, but some things hurt sometimes. People who I thought were friends have their own set of priorities. I am not one to invite myself or go somewhere that I feel unwanted.
I will drive back up north for work on Sunday morning, drop off cookies, and make another quick stop on the way. Monday, I am joining co-workers for ice skating - I made cookies for the kids. So, even though things are way different and weird, I am doing okay.
I am grateful to be employed, have a wife who adores me, a roof over my head, new friends,and enough money to eat yummy food. Sometimes the loneliness is overwhelming, but it passes eventually.
Happy holidays everyone! If you are alone, that awful feeling in the pit of your stomach will pass.
WickedFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WickedFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2017, 02:11 AM   #47
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Just know that if any of yall ever need an ear to talk, I am a message away. I can understand the lonely feeling and the anti Christmas sentiments as well.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2017, 03:03 AM   #48
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,841 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

Cheers to New Years!
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2017, 11:12 PM   #49
Slow breath

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
Single

Slow breath Has the BEST ReputationSlow breath Has the BEST ReputationSlow breath Has the BEST ReputationSlow breath Has the BEST ReputationSlow breath Has the BEST ReputationSlow breath Has the BEST ReputationSlow breath Has the BEST ReputationSlow breath Has the BEST ReputationSlow breath Has the BEST ReputationSlow breath Has the BEST ReputationSlow breath Has the BEST Reputation

To fight the alone feelings over the holidays I try to travel every year. I don't have family and in the past had partners who didn't either. Always an emotional time of year. I am grateful for the privilege to be able to travel. You can easily forget it is a holiday when on a holiday. I usually host a big holiday party for friends then get out of town. The past few years was Vegas, wish it were a bit warmer there. But easy to do solo. Cruising is great, just don't know how I'd fair Solo on a cruise. Caribbean is also a fave to escape early winters. Maybe a B-F holiday event is in order!
Slow breath is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Slow breath For This Useful Post: