Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 12-06-2020, 05:42 AM   #5081
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,006 Times in 8,559 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I've been doing well lately. I'm officially down 27lbs. I thoroughly enjoy my evening walks and went out tonight, even with the wind and snow storm. It was starting to peter out anyway.
Wow. Congrat’s, Gemme. You have been doing well! And I can feel the cold just reading your post. Brrrrrrrr.

At some point, please let me know if you’re substituting sugar or just decreasing it. If you’re substituting, would love to know what you’re using. I’m using a granulated and powered Monk Fruit blend that I like.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2020, 11:03 AM   #5082
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I've been doing well lately. I'm officially down 27lbs. I thoroughly enjoy my evening walks and went out tonight, even with the wind and snow storm. It was starting to peter out anyway.
Congratulations!!

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2020, 09:24 PM   #5083
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Wow. Congrat’s, Gemme. You have been doing well! And I can feel the cold just reading your post. Brrrrrrrr.

At some point, please let me know if you’re substituting sugar or just decreasing it. If you’re substituting, would love to know what you’re using. I’m using a granulated and powered Monk Fruit blend that I like.
I'm just decreasing what I used to ingest but to be honest, I ate WAAAAAAY too much sugar. Women should have 25 grams or 6 teaspoons of sugar per day, total. Even now, with me paring down what I eat that is sweet, I'm over that figure but I've decreased my total sugar consumption by more than 2/3rds if that gives you any idea of how much crap I was eating daily.

Before, I "had" to have something sweet....dessert....every night and I did. Root beer barrels, ice cream, gummy bears.....you name it. And my portions were out of control....huge. Not everyone knows that sugar increases the appetite so the more you eat of it, the more you want. This is especially true for HFCS. That stuff is addictive and it's in everything just about.

Now, I still have dessert but instead of crap, I opt for naturally sweet things. Halos, honey crisp apples, prunes, tomatoes, blueberries and so on. The less of the sweet stuff I ate, the more sweet the natural stuff tastes as my taste buds adapt. I don't add sugar to anything so the sugar I eat is already in the food or drink.

You asked for cliff notes and I gave you an essay but I hope that helps!

I just came in from my walk tonight and I feel great. It's 30 degrees outside but feels like 22 with the wind chill. I prefer to go out with my face uncovered and by the time I come in, my cheeks are stinging but not in a bad way. I like the feeling and also the feeling of slight pins and needles in my cheeks as my skin warms up when I get back inside. I do not like the feeling when my thighs start to sting though as the cold penetrates my jeans. Stinging thighs mean it's time to come in, whether I am ready to or not. I still got a good walk in; about 2 miles.

Yesterday's "bomb" snowstorm was kind of crazy. First, it rained ALL day long....some places got 4 inches! Then it transitioned over to snow, which mixed with the rain to make frigid slush and not the kind that's fun to eat. Then the rain came back and then some snow by itself and then rain again and then it stopped. So, I got a bit of a workout last night at the end of work as I had to shovel the sidewalks and clear a path so people could get onto the property without slipping or falling. I wound up getting in 9970 steps yesterday. I would have walked around the living room or something to get to an even 10,000 but I got caught up in a trash TV show on Netflix and lost track of time before my pedometer clicked over at midnight.

Today was bananas at work. It was only a half day but I got in 10,000 steps in less than 5 hours. I did a lot of cleaning so I was up and down the step ladder and then I had to go salt and shovel the ice on about 20% of a 2 acre property leftover from yesterday's storm. We only got up to the mid-30s but it was sunny so the the snow on the roofs melted and the downspouts were shooting water out all day and making a mess. Tomorrow's going to be worse because the water on the ground that's spread out will freeze and it's all black ice. Luckily, most of my customers either wait for it to warm up during the day or are comfortable and knowledgeable on icy pathways but not all. All it takes is one lawsuit.

So far tonight I'm at 17,004 steps but I still have an hour or two before bed so I'll get more in before it's all said and done.

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 12-06-2020 at 09:26 PM.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2020, 06:50 AM   #5084
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I'm just decreasing what I used to ingest but to be honest, I ate WAAAAAAY too much sugar. Women should have 25 grams or 6 teaspoons of sugar per day, total. Even now, with me paring down what I eat that is sweet, I'm over that figure but I've decreased my total sugar consumption by more than 2/3rds if that gives you any idea of how much crap I was eating daily.

Before, I "had" to have something sweet....dessert....every night and I did. Root beer barrels, ice cream, gummy bears.....you name it. And my portions were out of control....huge. Not everyone knows that sugar increases the appetite so the more you eat of it, the more you want. This is especially true for HFCS. That stuff is addictive and it's in everything just about.

Now, I still have dessert but instead of crap, I opt for naturally sweet things. Halos, honey crisp apples, prunes, tomatoes, blueberries and so on. The less of the sweet stuff I ate, the more sweet the natural stuff tastes as my taste buds adapt. I don't add sugar to anything so the sugar I eat is already in the food or drink.

You asked for cliff notes and I gave you an essay but I hope that helps!

I just came in from my walk tonight and I feel great. It's 30 degrees outside but feels like 22 with the wind chill. I prefer to go out with my face uncovered and by the time I come in, my cheeks are stinging but not in a bad way. I like the feeling and also the feeling of slight pins and needles in my cheeks as my skin warms up when I get back inside. I do not like the feeling when my thighs start to sting though as the cold penetrates my jeans. Stinging thighs mean it's time to come in, whether I am ready to or not. I still got a good walk in; about 2 miles.

Yesterday's "bomb" snowstorm was kind of crazy. First, it rained ALL day long....some places got 4 inches! Then it transitioned over to snow, which mixed with the rain to make frigid slush and not the kind that's fun to eat. Then the rain came back and then some snow by itself and then rain again and then it stopped. So, I got a bit of a workout last night at the end of work as I had to shovel the sidewalks and clear a path so people could get onto the property without slipping or falling. I wound up getting in 9970 steps yesterday. I would have walked around the living room or something to get to an even 10,000 but I got caught up in a trash TV show on Netflix and lost track of time before my pedometer clicked over at midnight.

Today was bananas at work. It was only a half day but I got in 10,000 steps in less than 5 hours. I did a lot of cleaning so I was up and down the step ladder and then I had to go salt and shovel the ice on about 20% of a 2 acre property leftover from yesterday's storm. We only got up to the mid-30s but it was sunny so the the snow on the roofs melted and the downspouts were shooting water out all day and making a mess. Tomorrow's going to be worse because the water on the ground that's spread out will freeze and it's all black ice. Luckily, most of my customers either wait for it to warm up during the day or are comfortable and knowledgeable on icy pathways but not all. All it takes is one lawsuit.

So far tonight I'm at 17,004 steps but I still have an hour or two before bed so I'll get more in before it's all said and done.
I understand. I used to eat a lot of sugar, too. Congrat’s on breaking free, Gemme. I need some sweets in my diet, too, and the low-carb foods I bake help me stay on track. I’ve also found good substitutes for sugar and gluten.

And g’on girl with those steps! 17K is outstanding! And your “essay” posts are informative and fun to read.

I’ll ride the exercise bike later this morning but will not do any arm rolls. I need to be kind to my shoulder for awhile.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2020, 06:04 AM   #5085
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

11 Minutes of Exercise a Day May Help Counter the Effects of Sitting

The sweet spot for physical activity and longevity seemed to arrive at about 35 minutes a day of brisk walking or other moderate activities.

By Gretchen Reynolds
Dec. 2, 2020

Walking for at least 11 minutes a day could lessen the undesirable health consequences of sitting for hours and hours, according to a helpful new study of the ways in which both inactivity and exercise influence how long we live. The study, which relied on objective data from tens of thousands of people about how they spent their days, found that those who were the most sedentary faced a high risk of dying young, but if people got up and moved, they slashed that threat substantially, even if they did not move much.

For most of us, sitting for prolonged periods of time is common, especially now, as we face the dual challenges of Covid-related restrictions and the shortening, chilly days of winter. Recent surveys of people’s behavior since the start of the pandemic indicate that a majority of us are exercising less and sitting more than we were a year ago.

Not surprisingly, there could be long-term health consequences from this physical quietude. Multiple past epidemiological studies show links between sitting and mortality. In general, in these studies, couchbound people are far more likely to die prematurely than active people are.

But how active an active person should be if he or she hopes to mitigate the downsides of sitting has remained unclear. If you sit for eight hours at work, for instance, then stroll for half an hour in the evening — meaning you comply with the standard exercise recommendation of about 30 minutes of exercise most days — is that enough movement to undo most of the health risks of too much sitting?

Some past research had suggested the answer is no. A 2016 study involving more than a million people found, instead, that men and women needed to exercise moderately for about 60 to 75 minutes a day in order to diminish the undesirable effects of sitting.

That study, though, like most similar, earlier research, asked people to remember how much they had moved or sat, which can be problematic. We tend to be unreliable narrators of our lives, overestimating physical activity and underestimating how much we sit. But if large numbers of people misremember this way, the paradoxical result is that exercise looks less potent than it is, since the studies’ “active” people appear to have needed plenty of exercise to gain health benefits, when the objective amount of exercise they actually completed was less, and this smaller amount produced the gains.

So, for the new study, which was published last week in a special issue of the British Journal of Sports Medicine devoted to the World Health Organization’s updated physical activity guidelines and related research, many of the authors of the 2016 review decided to, in effect, repeat that earlier research and analysis, but, this time, use data from people who had worn activity monitors to objectively track how much they moved and sat.

The scientists wound up gathering results from nine recent studies in which almost 50,000 men and women wore accelerometers. These studies’ volunteers were middle-aged or older and lived in Europe or the United States. Combining and collating the nine studies’ data, the scientists found that most of the volunteers sat a lot, averaging close to 10 hours a day, and many barely moved, exercising moderately, usually by walking, for as little as two or three minutes a day.

The researchers then checked death registries for about a decade after people had joined their respective studies and started comparing lifestyles and life spans. Dividing people into thirds, based on how much they moved and sat, the researchers found, to no one’s surprise, that being extremely sedentary was hazardous, with people in the top third for sitting and bottom third for activity having about 260 percent more likelihood of premature death than the men and women who moved the most and sat the least. (The researchers controlled for smoking, body mass and other factors that might have influenced the results.)

Other combinations of time spent sitting and moving were less alarming, though, and even heartening. People in the middle third for activity, who exercised moderately for about 11 minutes a day, were significantly less likely to have died prematurely than people who moved less, even if all of them belonged to the group that also sat the most.

Crunching the numbers further, the researchers concluded that the sweet spot for physical activity and longevity seemed to arrive at about 35 minutes a day of brisk walking or other moderate activities, an amount that led to the greatest statistical improvement in life span, no matter how many hours someone sat.

Of course, this study was observational and does not prove that exercise caused people to live longer, only that physical activity, sitting and mortality were linked.

But the results strongly suggest that if we sit all day, as so many of us do, we should aim, too, to get up and move, says Ulf Ekelund, a professor of epidemiology and physical activity at the Norwegian School of Sport Sciences in Oslo, Norway, who led the new study. “Brisk walking is excellent moderate exercise,” he says, and, in half-hour stints — or even less — might help to lengthen our lives.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/02/w...gtype=Homepage

Old 12-08-2020, 03:10 PM   #5086
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm glad they redid the study with better data. Subjective memory is usually wrong. We can look forward to more and better studies with so many wearing tracking devices. I have noticed that my watch, which I wear whether or not I'm paying attention to it, shows my step counts down a lot since last year with the shut downs. I will be glad when life can get back to semi-normal.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2020, 09:49 AM   #5087
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

This week on exercise bike:

– 35 miles
– 2.63 hours
– 20 Arm rolls

Shoulder is better and will start slowly adding on arm rolls.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2020, 12:07 PM   #5088
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,008 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

In addition to PT, I have made it up and down the stairs 3 x a day for the past two days!

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2020, 06:36 PM   #5089
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

There's no stopping you now, Georgia!

I've been doing pretty good myself. Last night's count came to 13,330 steps. Tonight, I'm only at 7543 so far. It rained nearly all day so I had substantially less opportunity to get out and about during the day. I'll go for a walk tonight but won't hit such a high mark two nights in a row.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2020, 09:00 AM   #5090
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Had a good workout this morning. Stayed with the beat of all music.

I like doing a little upper body workout but have shut down the arm rolls. Need to let my shoulder fully heal. Maybe it will be good by the end of the year. It's feeling better than it has in weeks, I know I could easily do 60 or more arm rolls, but I'm not going to rush it. No arm rolls till the beginning of the year, if then.

In the meantime, I bought a resistance band with handles (and a door thingy) and it's working well. Have found some videos like this at youtube and am just focusing on biceps and triceps. Nothing that affects the shoulder.

Today I rode:

– 5 miles
– 21 minutes
– 40 curls (20 each arm)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2020, 07:59 AM   #5091
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Shoveling and shoveling and shoveling oh and some more shoveling.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2020, 11:07 PM   #5092
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I think easy and I are on the same workout program right now. I shoveled 'til the cows came home and the front porchlight came on. 16,050 steps for the day. Boy, are my dogs barking.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2020, 06:42 AM   #5093
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I think easy and I are on the same workout program right now. I shoveled 'til the cows came home and the front porchlight came on. 16,050 steps for the day. Boy, are my dogs barking.
Seriously. And the upper body from using a snow rake to clear the roof. Jeeze louise. I feel like I should have woken up ripped but I just feel sore and old.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2020, 09:54 PM   #5094
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
Seriously. And the upper body from using a snow rake to clear the roof. Jeeze louise. I feel like I should have woken up ripped but I just feel sore and old.
No rake for me but I did have to take a shovel to a couple of metal awnings to drag the stuff down. It's weird; as I'm doing it, my back hurts but later on, it's all about the shoulders.

Today was a bigger movement day than yesterday, believe it or not. 17,572 steps so far with more than an hour to go before my reset.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2020, 10:38 AM   #5095
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

This week I rode:

– 35.8 miles
– 2.75 hours
– 200 curls

Had a good exercise this morning. Did a cardio workout on the bike. That's the hardest for me but the one I enjoy the most.
  • For the cardio workout my speed is between 14 and 16 mph with no tension.
  • For the muscle building workout my speed is between 10 and 13 mph with tension at 2 or 3 (4 if I'm feeling game).
  • For the "just get your behind on the bike" workout my speed is between 5 and 9 mph with no tension and with the Price is Right on the screen.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2020, 09:14 PM   #5096
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I was busy the whole time I was at work but the numbers don't show it since I did a lot of scraping and mopping and my pedometer doesn't record backwards steps. It's only showing a little over 6000 steps now.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 12-22-2020, 01:10 PM   #5097
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,623 Times in 2,488 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I was busy the whole time I was at work but the numbers don't show it since I did a lot of scraping and mopping and my pedometer doesn't record backwards steps. It's only showing a little over 6000 steps now.
Speaking of pedometers and yours specifically, it's the best pedometer ever. I bought it back when you talked about it on this thread. I love it. I have loved it since I first started using it. It doesn't have fancy bells and whistles but it is affordable and the most accurate I've ever owned. Thanks for the tip.

If anyone is looking for an easy to use, accurate pedometer that you can wear or carry on your person easily or put it around your neck for easy access this one can't be beat. Gemme spoke about it on pg 238 of this exercise thread post#4756. It would make a nice stocking stuffer.

I love it. Thanks Gemme.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2020, 06:08 PM   #5098
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,008 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Speaking of pedometers and yours specifically, it's the best pedometer ever. I bought it back when you talked about it on this thread. I love it. I have loved it since I first started using it. It doesn't have fancy bells and whistles but it is affordable and the most accurate I've ever owned. Thanks for the tip.

If anyone is looking for an easy to use, accurate pedometer that you can wear or carry on your person easily or put it around your neck for easy access this one can't be beat. Gemme spoke about it on pg 238 of this exercise thread post#4756. It would make a nice stocking stuffer.

I love it. Thanks Gemme.
I bought the 3DTrisport pedometer on Gemme's recommendation too. It is a really good one! It's much more accurate than my Fitbit was (due to the fact that I use a rollator).

Thank you, Gemme!

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2020, 10:46 PM   #5099
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post

I love it. Thanks Gemme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
I bought the 3DTrisport pedometer on Gemme's recommendation too. It is a really good one! It's much more accurate than my Fitbit was (due to the fact that I use a rollator).

Thank you, Gemme!
You are both very welcome. Thanks for the shout outs! I know tech is great and all but I get grimy and can't always carry my cell with me when I'm working but this sucker is small enough that I can slip it in a pocket or attach it to my shirt or pants and I'm good to go. Like you both said, it seems to be very accurate in terms of counts.

Currently, I'm about 15,200 steps into my day and about to rollover into a new one. My snow boots that I've been wearing the past few days aren't the best fit (too big) and my feet slide around even with super thick wool socks. Tonight, one of my ankles was rubbed raw and I now have a friction burn on it. No bueno. Looks like I'm back to sneaks tomorrow! That is bad for traction and good for fit. My tootsies will feel muuuch better and I'll be able to get more steps in. I'll just really need to watch the black ice.

I will say that I hit a patch of it as I was walking the night following the storm and I wobbled but I caught myself. I had a customer watching and he applauded. For my next trick...

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 12-26-2020, 10:11 AM   #5100
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

This week I rode:

– 35.5 miles
– 2.63 hours
– 22 minutes of curls

Am using 5 lb hand weights along with the resistance band for the curls. I'm all over the place when curling with the hand weights (posture isn't good, elbows aren't at sides, etc. LOL), but it will improve with more practice.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights